Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Congrats, gun lovers, you've done it again Options · View
Highwayman
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:43:57 PM

Plausible deniability

Oh so gracious of you dear sir. Lets not address what's been clearly put forth, and try to steer clear of fault.
So predictable. Surprised the good cop hasn't come in yet. You're boring and unfortunately, so to is this part of the Forums that could have been something worthwhile.

Thanks for killing it softly.

‎"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." --Wilde
Highwayman
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 9:57:49 PM

elitfromnorth wrote:

As much as I think Nudiepants' political views are completely and utter bonkers, I doubt he's abusing his powers on Lush to delete posts in here that crushes his points in order to make himself look better. Not only would it eventually strike back at him should Nicola find out and that he'd also add more fuel to the fire of us having the opposite view of him, he also seems more than intelligent enough to see that that serves no purpose at all. If he has deleted any posts(I haven't read all the posts in here and I don't know which ones have been deleted if any at all) then I'm quite confident that these were posts that would have been deleted by LadyX or any other moderator with the powers to do so.

And so? What say you? Well, after a halfhearted, so what, from our moderator. Guess it should be censor actually. And now we should feel bad since he had to fess up. We were just meanies, shame on us.

CleverFox
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 1:43:04 AM

I find it very interesting that such a staunch defender of the people's right to bear arms would have problems with the people's right to freedom of speech. I know how having the right to freedom of speech doesn't mean you can run into a theater and yell "Fire!" unless there really is a fire. Now I believe it was shown in Aurora Colorado that somebody going into a theater with firearms is a hell of a lot more deadly than a person yelling "Fire!" in a theater but of course I don't have any scientific numbers to prove said assertion.
overmykneenow
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 2:18:51 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:
Okay, to clear things up, I deleted three of Kristin's posts. They were all in the thread I started, and I deleted them because I refuse to let anyone who has called for me to be shot to post in my thread. Snarky, yes. Juvenile, yes. Every bit as juvenile as when she visited every one of my stories and tried to "one-bomb" them. I see now that she's trying to spin her comment so that it means something other than what it says. Tough. I'll still not allow her to post in my thread.

And also for the record, I've never deleted anyone else's posts or threads, here or in any other Lush forum. The most I've ever done as moderator has been to remove threats or insults that went over the top, and incidentally, I've never deleted anything aimed at me. As you can tell by the amount of derogatory and inflammatory posts aimed at me.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flame fest. bootyshake

It's an abuse of your privileges. If you haven't the maturity to use these privileges sensibly you shouldn't have them. The fact is that one of the posts explained the term she used fully and she even apologised. Thankfully the originals still turn up in my timeline (definitely a feature not a bug) so here they are...

KritenD wrote:
OverMyKneenow is my hero!

well, that's a lovely sentiment, can't see that breaking too many Lush forum rules there.

KristinD wrote:
It never crossed my mind that this was the reference of me saying he should be shot. OMG! If you've ever seen the movie "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" you would understand when it was used in the movie it was meant in terms of putting themselves out of their misery. In my post I meant the same thing. Put me on ignore or better yet let me block you was to put me out of my misery. Hard to believe and I'm shocked that this was his reference. Wow. If it was taken by anybody who read it that I wanted him shot I truly sincerely apologize. They shoot horses don't they is a damn good movie. I guess you need to see the movie to understand the reference. I'm embarrassed. I apologize.

There they are - complete and unedited, but then I don't like censorship or limiting free speech.

I can't pick and choose who posts in any of my forum posts so why should you?

Seriously - you may need to step away from the keyboard for a few days.

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead
Posted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:13:58 PM

Thank you Overmykneesnow. I so appreciate the support I've received in all of this unnecessary drama, drama, drama.

I should say here that I apologize for my responsibility in the drama. I'll tell you...when I see someone like that...guy...bully a thread the way he does, well, it gets under my skin and I get a little pissed off. At least when a professor stands in front of a class and shoots ideas down, he is trying to teach a point. And humor is always involved. Shit, he doesn't want to alienate his students with rudeness, right. This guy towers above the thread and plays bully pulpit bullshit and doesn't even follow his own rules. So.....

....from now on...breathe in....breathe out...breathe in...brea...well you get the idea. Sorry Lushies.

I did write a 101 Word poem about the situation. Take a break and enjoy.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/101-words-the-worthy-crusade.aspx
Brandi
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 7:48:37 PM

sprite wrote:

there are other ways to defend yourself besides guns. also, even if you have a gun, that doesn't automatically make you safe from armed intruders, muggers, or dangerous situations.

I agree. That is why I asked. How do you plant to defend yourself when you are in a dangerous situation? For example: #.UZBGVnco46Y
Brandi
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:00:32 PM

CleverFox wrote:

I am not against gun ownership, I am for responsible regulation for gun ownership. Don't think you are safer with a gun and that you will fend off attackers when the numbers show that you are more of a danger to the people you are trying to protect and yourself than any attacker is to you.

By the way, I had somebody attempt to break into my house and before I could have gotten any gun my 95lb Great Dane-Boxer mix and my housemate's 45lb German Shepherd-Sharpei mix had the intruder high jumping a 6ft privacy fence and running for his life.

As far as a mugger goes, if he is holding a gun on me then I doubt I could get a gun out if a holster, aimed properly and pull the trigger before he twitches a finger and shoots me. He can take my watch, wallet and phone. I can replace those items. I never carry a large amount cash anyway.

I have never been in any sort of dangerous situation that I required a gun. What kind of situation is that anyway? A police shot out? I doubt the police want me to pull out a gun and try to help them. I think they would want me to get away from there.

If you want to own a gun that is fine with me but you had better not endanger me.

I agree with you:
1-If a mugger is has a gun on you, give him your stuff.
2-I doubt the cops would want your help in a shoot out.
3-I have no inclination to endanger you.

You asked about what kind of situation would warrant a gun. Here is one.
#.UZBGVnco46Y

He was not there to help the family. He was there to hurt the family. This is why I am a responsible gun owner - not for random shootings but to protect myself and my family from the evil that exists among us. Yes there are other ways to defend myself but I prefer to keep my distance. My dogs are my number one defense also, just like you.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:14:41 PM

Brandi wrote:

I agree. That is why I asked. How do you plant to defend yourself when you are in a dangerous situation? For example: #.UZBGVnco46Y

depends on the situation. hopefully, i'm smart enough to know when to fight and when not to, when to use what i have available and when not to. i carry pepper spray, i have some martial arts training, i have my brain, and, when at home, i know where the baseball bat is kept, the knives, and other things that can double as weapons. i also am always aware of escape routes and i pay attention to my surroundings, which is a defense in inself. simply put, i do not put myself in dangerous situations as much as possible.

- your link didn't work, so i don't know what you were referring to in specific. :)

btw, i am on record as stating, over and over in these threads, that i have no issue with someone keeping rifles, shotguns, or handguns in their homes for protection. i have chosen not to, but if someone else chooses to do so, than that is their legal right.
CleverFox
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:20:08 PM

Brandi wrote:

I agree with you:
1-If a mugger is has a gun on you, give him your stuff.
2-I doubt the cops would want your help in a shoot out.
3-I have no inclination to endanger you.

You asked about what kind of situation would warrant a gun. Here is one.
#.UZBGVnco46Y

He was not there to help the family. He was there to hurt the family. This is why I am a responsible gun owner - not for random shootings but to protect myself and my family from the evil that exists among us. Yes there are other ways to defend myself but I prefer to keep my distance. My dogs are my number one defense also, just like you.

I am sure that you have no inclination to harm me but accidents happen and there are innocent bystanders all over the place.

If you want a gun to protect your family then that is fine by me but remember that the numbers are against you and you are probably putting them in greater risk.

Btw, your link isn't working.
foxjack
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:12:58 PM

CleverFox wrote:
I read the article posted by Elitfromnorth. The gun was sitting in a corner and nobody realized that there was a bullet in it.

Just one mistake and a child dies, though we could argue there were several mistakes made in this case.

Why do I get the feeling that the parents in this case were "Gun Lovers"?

The parents in the case must have been dumb asses for putting a round in the gun, forgetting there was a round in the gun, then leaving it out for kids to play with it on top of everything else.
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 2:15:19 PM

CleverFox wrote:
I read the article posted by Elitfromnorth. The gun was sitting in a corner and nobody realized that there was a bullet in it.

Just one mistake and a child dies, though we could argue there were several mistakes made in this case.

There is a difference between guns lovers and responsible gun owners. Responsible gun owners assure the gun is empty ,but still treat it as if it is loaded.Once they have they done this they apply a gun lock on it and place it in a cabinet under lock and key. Please don't say that all gun owners neglect gun safety.I was a weapons instructor for 23 years in the Army and I own quite a few guns and I am a hunter.I have a ten year old son and has 3 guns of his own and I have instilled in his brain safety first ensures fun later. One bad apple does not make all owners bad gun owners. I understand how mad everyone is ,hell i am mad to because people that irresponsible should not be allowed to own firearms in the first place and second it gives worthy gun owners a bad name!
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 2:17:16 PM

CleverFox wrote:

There is a difference between guns lovers and responsible gun owners. Responsible gun owners assure the gun is empty ,but still treat it as if it is loaded.Once they have they done this they apply a gun lock on it and place it in a cabinet under lock and key. Please don't say that all gun owners neglect gun safety.I was a weapons instructor for 23 years in the Army and I own quite a few guns and I am a hunter.I have a ten year old son and has 3 guns of his own and I have instilled in his brain safety first ensures fun later. One bad apple does not make all owners bad gun owners. I understand how mad everyone is ,hell i am mad to because people that irresponsible should not be allowed to own firearms in the first place and second it gives worthy gun owners a bad name!
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 2:26:45 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:
Allowing a 5-year-old to have unsupervised access to a firearm is worse than indefensible - it should be a criminal act. In most states it is. But it's still not a "gun" problem - it's a people problem - a parenting problem. Don't blame me because a toddler got killed. Don't blame "gun lovers" - we had nothing to do with it. Blame the parents.

I totally agree . the picture they showed was a single shot 22 ,how could anyone not know that it was not loaded. It was also a bolt action rifle and if the bolt wasopenit would have not been able to fire . USE PROPER GUN SAFETY PEOPLE , c'mon people have to start using their brain !
Highwayman
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 2:37:59 PM

We are. Without need of such useless knowledge. Sure, blame parents and all others who aren't into your brand of justice. It didn't get them far, so lets all get guns. That way we're all on your playing field.

I can't understand peace, but I know how I can shut them up. pew, pew, gotcha in my sights. Yup, that's the way to go.

Warlock
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 4:31:50 PM

It's a shame but the truth is guns are here to stay.. some people misuse them.. there will be accidents.. and countries will use them to facilitate their purposes.. but further than that.. I don't believe in hunting.. I am an animal rights person.. and I believe in the protection of women and children at all costs.. yes.. I own guns.. because others do.. and I can't rely on their good intentions when it comes to my family..
paul_moadib
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:04:25 AM

When the US constitution gave the right to bear arms, it was 200 years ago.

Things have changed since then so why has this antiquated ruling stuck around?
ArtMan
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 10:00:21 PM

paul_moadib wrote:
When the US constitution gave the right to bear arms, it was 200 years ago.

Things have changed since then so why has this antiquated ruling stuck around?

Because it is the law of our nation. Massive numbers of people believe in it. The US Constitution and Bill of Rights gives us many civil liberties and freedoms. Our nation defeated your nation so that we could run ours the way we see fit. We may argue and debate amongst ourselves but we will work it out on our own without any foreign help.

Why do your judges and attorneys still wear white wigs to court?

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

oldhound
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:23:53 AM

The loss of an innocent childs life is tragic, that is a huge factor in theis thread. There are few ways this could have been prevented. Guns could be outlawed or severly restricted. To me though, if they were of the type to leave their sons rifle locked and loaded and treated as a toy, is it a far jump to think they would have had the weapon anyway, illegally? The weapon should have been stored properly, locked until the child was to go shooting, supervised by a parent. This is the.parents fault. I dont even keep my 25 pound bow strung when my.grandson visits. And the.arrows.are.locked away. To address the opinions I saw about carrying, why there is no reason to, the Police cant be everywhere, its just a fact. There are rounds avqilable that minimize the risk to bystanders. There is.also legislation being written to mandate CCW holders also have easily identifiable gear to.show they are responsible, authorized holders.
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:08:25 AM

Educate yourselves on where guns come from and what they do, gun hobbyists.

A fucking hobby. What a joke.