Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Gentleman's Charter Options · View
Magical_felix
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 5:33:12 PM

yourmisterdark wrote:
The replies are most interesting and certainly serve to separate the alleged "classes" of society.

@ Belle du jour: Chivalry was included in my comments about courtly love in which it traces its roots and is often exemplified by the famous story of the nobleman's cloak laid across a mud puddle so that Queen Elizabeth 1st would not soil her slippers. There are still a few remnants to be seen in society but, as you say, they are sadly rare and, I suspect, certainly not among the ilk of "Felix" and his crowd.

@the fellow from the UK who commented. MrDark was once not single,but is now by choice. Finding a Lady today is almost more rare than finding a gentleman.

@Felix. Considering your commentary, the less said to and about you, the better, I believe.

Slowly takes off leather glove and slaps misterdark across the face with it - I challenge you to a gentleman's duel. Lest you be a coward!

Metilda
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 5:41:18 PM

Interesting post.

To me a gentleman is one who has a sense of savoire faire. He fits into the situation unless doing so would require him to act like a fool. That might cover everything from attire to food being eaten. It all depends. Above all, being respectful is essential.

Anything more is fluff.

Available as an ebook through All Romance, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, and others.
Paulfromma
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 5:44:14 PM

Well, my father taught me the basics of being a gentleman.
First, your word is your bond. It is never to be violated. You, if you're dealing with a gentleman, never need a lawyer to write a contract. Anything he says can be relied upon.
A gentleman always treats a woman as a lady. Even if her actions bring that into question.
I remain sufficiently old fashioned that I still open doors for ladies; give up my seat on public transportation for ladies and the elderly; hold the chair for my lady when out together, and sometimes when having a romantic dinner at home; and always position myself lower than her on stairways and escalators. I think that last one has really been forgotten - a gentleman should place himself between a lady and a potential fall down a flight of stairs, etc.
well you get the picture.
Magical_felix
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 5:51:42 PM

Metilda wrote:
Interesting post.

To me a gentleman is one who has a sense of savoire faire

Anything more is fluff.

True, including knowing when to pull out his martial arts training if the situation warrants him doing so, like misterdark says.

Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:01:01 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:
Interesting thread.

I have found that a true gentlemen does not have to advertise that they are respectful, nor do they need to implore they have manners.

True gentlemen are found in all walks of life, all ages, any profession and any status. They wear jeans, or board shorts, some wear suits, others wear uniforms. It's not how a man looks, but how a man treat another person .... regardless of gender or age or status. A true gentleman in my books has compassion, empathy and a sense of his own worth (not selfish, nor conceited, nor arrogant) that he wants to share with you and others.

Well said.

Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:57:50 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

Slowly takes off leather glove and slaps misterdark across the face with it - I challenge you to a gentleman's duel. Lest you be a coward!

Ah, but first you would have to BE a gentleman and not a drunken lout. Sadly, you fail in the necessary criteria.
VanGogh
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 7:32:09 PM

*laughing* .... ah, Felix and Dark ....

And, being a Lady ... any bets on this duel??

A Milf series combined with Office Sex *fans face* .... The Secretary and The Student
starting with The Secretary and The Student - first part

Enjoy!!

For the Anal Lovers .... come enjoy my RR honoured An Alluring Ass

Another Sex in the Office Poem (I know you love those!!) In Your Office

Magical_felix
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 7:58:40 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:

I am afraid the duel was over before it started, one taste of my glove and this misterdark took the coward's path. Not the path of a gentleman. Hardly worth unsheathing my hand.

Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 8:16:40 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

I am afraid the duel was over before it started, one taste of my glove and this misterdark took the coward's path. Not the path of a gentleman. Hardly worth unsheathing my hand.

Pint Drunk Just keeping drinking, pardner, if that's where you find your wit and courage

[NOTE: Ignored and Blocked]
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 8:36:26 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:
Interesting thread.

I have found that a true gentlemen does not have to advertise that they are respectful, nor do they need to implore they have manners.

True gentlemen are found in all walks of life, all ages, any profession and any status. They wear jeans, or board shorts, some wear suits, others wear uniforms. It's not how a man looks, but how a man treat another person .... regardless of gender or age or status. A true gentleman in my books has compassion, empathy and a sense of his own worth (not selfish, nor conceited, nor arrogant) that he wants to share with you and others.

Spoken by a non-pretentious woman who also knows it's the man who makes the clothes - not the other way around.

Bravo

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Magical_felix
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 9:05:44 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

Spoken by a non-pretentious woman who also knows it's the man who makes the clothes - not the other way around.

Bravo

In your case, you'd have to be a tailor to make any clothes, doofus.

yourmisterdark wrote:
Pint Drunk Just keeping drinking, pardner, if that's where you find your wit and courage

Duel accepted.

First of all, I don't post on lush when I am drunk until about 1 am. And that is usually drunken messages to girls telling them how much I want to lick them or something... Whistle

Secondly, it's funny you talk about courage... In your gallery, you are claiming that is you at the beach... What would Miguel Angel Silvestre think about that? Unless you are the Spanish celebrity (gay icon) Miguel Ángel Silvestre... What would Hidalgo, your great great great great... great ancestor think about that? Would that be in his gentleman's code. The pictures of you kissing other men on the mouth I mean. Unless that isn't you and you are pretending to be someone you are not... In which case, your questioning of my courage is laughable at best.

I took my ten paces, turned and fired. Your turn. I demand satisfaction.

Metilda
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 9:37:38 PM

PersonalAssistant wrote:

LOL. I use to find the term to be more offense than cunt. Haha. Oh my how people change. I'm no lady though. :)

Available as an ebook through All Romance, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, and others.
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 10:15:54 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

Duel accepted.

First of all, I don't post on lush when I am drunk until about 1 am. And that is usually drunken messages to girls telling them how much I want to lick them or something... :-"

Secondly, it's funny you talk about courage... In your gallery, you are claiming that is you at the beach... What would think about that? Unless you are the Spanish celebrity (gay icon) Miguel Ángel Silvestre... What would Hidalgo, your great great great great... great ancestor think about that? Would that be in his gentleman's code. The pictures of you kissing other men on the mouth I mean. Unless that isn't you and you are pretending to be someone you are not... In which case your questioning of my courage is laughable at best.

I took my ten paces, turned and fired. Your turn. I demand satisfaction.

Actually Jack that's not true. Recently you quoted something I said and posted "Shut up or I'll shut you up the HARD way". It upset me very much and I deleted you over it after you told me you were drunk when you posted it. I would have linked to it but can't find it now . Also, I can't see anywhere on yourmisterdark's profile that claims it is him on the beach. Just saying.

Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:48:02 AM

trinket wrote:

Actually Jack that's not true. Recently you quoted something I said and posted "Shut up or I'll shut you up the HARD way". It upset me very much and I deleted you over it after you told me you were drunk when you posted it. I would have linked to it but can't find it now . Also, I can't see anywhere on yourmisterdark's profile that claims it is him on the beach. Just saying.

Actually, if you read that thread, I made jokes about being hard in my previous posts. You were upset that I made fun of misterdark in some other thread and you decided to say something annoying... I told you to shutup then referenced back to a previous joke and you got all pissed off and started sending me a bunch of black boxes about how rude I am. I told you I didn't care... You went on and again I told you I didn't care.

I still don't care by the way.

Also when you post pictures in your personal gallery of the same person and then say things like "at the beach" it is implying it is you... Don't be stupid.

LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 2:07:57 PM

yourmisterdark wrote:

Well said, sprite. The concept of the gentleman descends from the orders of knights and the various explications and iterations of courtly love (aka romance) down through the esquiries of Beau Brummel's time. You will find, however, as with all human social behavior dichotomies, such as the famous "Southern Gentlemen" who none the less for manners and decorum still beat women and had sex with slaves while professing a code of honor. And it is in both grooming and honor that we find many of the ideals of modern gentility.
A gentleman is indeed one who knows and behaves within the practices of social etiquette -- which means he is comfortable and able to "fit in" in any social milieu from high to low. He will wear the best and most fashionable clothing, though there is such a thing as "shabby gentiiy" like the Russian noble exiles in France and the bohemian artistes of Paris, who, though poor, retained a semblance of rough grooming and romantic notions. While a gentleman is not always gentle, he is duty and honor bound to defend the defenseless, women, children, the less fortunate from abuse He will also defend his ideals of ethical practice and chastise the lazy and "shiftless", the willfully ignorant, the pretender, and the shallow. He is, by nature or schooling, cultured and sophisticated, not narrow-minded and prejudicial. If he is judgmental, it is by taste, not blind following or antiquated code. While he may not himself practice The Arts, he appreciates them in others. A gentleman is aware of his surroundings and other people, yet some feel he holds himself aloof from imitating the baser behaviors and instead aspires, at least, to the highest ideals of human civilization and social manners. He will be respectful and polite in all situations, but push his buttons too hard and he will easily kick your ass to hell and back, for a gentleman is usually also well-schooled in the more martial arts without being either pugnacious nor a bully. In fact, see above, bullies and cowards are often the target for his anger in relation to his code of honor and defense of the defenseless.

A gentleman is supremely confidant because of his self-built knowledge and experience, his self-control, and his respect for himself and others who deserve or earn his respect. As sprite says much of a gentleman's outward expression is window dressing, but it's based on a good sense of design and social fashion. He is the opposite of the brute, "white trash", mob-thinker. He is the descendant of the Spanish hidalgo, the courtier, the officer and a gentleman, the English squire. And people know him when they see him and know him as "a gentleman."

I wonder if this guy is also a descendent of the Spanish hidalgo, though he seems vaguely French, really.
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:59:24 PM

any guy who comes home drunk on a friday night and doesn't beat the living shit out of me because i refuse to have anal sex with him qualifies as a true gentleman in my book.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:07:41 PM

sprite wrote:
any guy who comes home drunk on a friday night and doesn't beat the living shit out of me because i refuse to have anal sex with him qualifies as a true gentleman in my book.

buzzkill!!

The getting beat up part, of course. Your post was just a matter of keeping it real. Though I'd say a slightly higher threshold is needed for one to be considered a 'true' gentleman. Say, perhaps, not shooting his load into my hair. I fucking hate that, especially when I ask him not to. No self-respecting descendant of hidalgo is unable to at least get it all on my face, if not in my gaping mouth.
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:10:15 PM

LadyX wrote:

buzzkill!!

The getting beat up part, of course. Your post was just a matter of keeping it real. Though I'd say a slightly higher threshold is needed for one to be considered a 'true' gentleman. Say, perhaps, not shooting his load into my hair. I fucking hate that, especially when I ask him not to. No self-respecting descendant of hidalgo is unable to at least get it all on my face, if not in my gaping mouth.

so, you're saying that being a gentleman is all about how good your aim is? i can work with that. a true gentleman only sticks it in my ass when i ask him to, not because he's too drunk to find my pussy.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:18:17 PM

sprite wrote:

so, you're saying that being a gentleman is all about how good your aim is? i can work with that. a true gentleman only sticks it in my ass when i ask him to, not because he's too drunk to find my pussy.

Okay, that, and a really nice velvet dinner jacket. I'd say that makes a gentleman. Perhaps a cigarette holder and a vintage Aston Martin as well. Can't hurt.
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:01:50 PM

LadyX wrote:

Though I'd say a slightly higher threshold is needed for one to be considered a 'true' gentleman. Say, perhaps, not shooting his load into my hair. I fucking hate that, especially when I ask him not to. No self-respecting descendant of hidalgo is unable to at least get it all on my face, if not in my gaping mouth.

Who told you to get bangs? Not me, bitch. I'm a descendant of the Mexican Pancho Villa. You think I give a shit about you having to shampoo twice? Please.

Buz
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:13:47 PM

A gentleman is a guy who doesn't fart, belch, scratch his butt, scratch his pecker, or pick boogers in front of women.

He also puts on a shirt when he knows the police are coming to serve a warrant on him.

A gentleman is always willing to bail his mistress out of jail with his wife's debit card.

And a gentleman knows how to live high-on-the-hog on his government monthly disability check and even buys his woman a super-sized meal at McDonald's once a week.

bs

Shylass
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:32:22 PM

For me personally, a modern day "gentleman" is discerning, empathetic, humble and kind. He is tactful, but open and honest. He isn't afraid to admit mistakes, but learns from them constructively. He speaks positively to people, and accepts them graciously, no matter what they look like, or what their history.

He does not have his head stuck up his own bottom, or have to declare himself to be certain things, or put effort into making people think he looks good. A real gentleman shows what kind of person he is through his words and actions. There are very few of them about, and the small handful I have met are married. Damn it.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
VanGogh
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:28:29 PM

Buz wrote:
A gentleman is a guy who doesn't fart, belch, scratch his butt, scratch his pecker, or pick boogers in front of women.

He also puts on a shirt when he knows the police are coming to serve a warrant on him.

A gentleman is always willing to bail his mistress out of jail with his wife's debit card.

And a gentleman knows how to live high-on-the-hog on his government monthly disability check and even buys his woman a super-sized meal at McDonald's once a week.

bs

this is why I Crush for you!! drunken

A Milf series combined with Office Sex *fans face* .... The Secretary and The Student
starting with The Secretary and The Student - first part

Enjoy!!

For the Anal Lovers .... come enjoy my RR honoured An Alluring Ass

Another Sex in the Office Poem (I know you love those!!) In Your Office

Ravyn
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 10:34:20 PM

Buz wrote:

bs

Haha that is awesome

overmykneenow
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 3:19:21 AM

The notion of "the gentleman" is steeped in class structure and social elitism. Success and privilege allowed men to be gentlemen but they certainly didn't get that success by being gentlemen.

Poems like Kipling's "If" and Henley's "Invictus" give an indication of the measure of a man as does the book "Self Help" by Samuel Smiles - a text book for social climbing in the Victorian era. These brought the idea that if you act like a gentleman you could be one.

Acting like a gentleman is like any other form of courtship - it's a display mechanism - peacocking. Here I am, I'm educated, well-dressed, charming and successful - I will make a perfect mate. And women are suckers for it, every time. We don't have the benefit of wearing push-up bras and heels (most of us, any way) so we have to make do by giving you believable compliments and looking like we're interested in what you're saying.

A real gentleman will make you feel like it was your idea when he dumps you.

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
She
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 4:45:58 AM

Magical_felix wrote:

... when I am drunk until about 1 am. And that is usually drunken messages to girls telling them how much I want to lick them or something... Whistle

I never got any of your messages angry7

Lwinking
aalily
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:29:28 AM

The number one trait of a gentleman is respect. If he has that, all the other things come naturally- and if he doesn't, he can never be a true gentleman

You must give up the life that you had planned, in order to live the life that is waiting for you..
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:38:45 PM

overmykneenow wrote:
The notion of "the gentleman" is steeped in class structure and social elitism. Success and privilege allowed men to be gentlemen but they certainly didn't get that success by being gentlemen.

Poems like Kipling's "If" and Henley's "Invictus" give an indication of the measure of a man as does the book "Self Help" by Samuel Smiles - a text book for social climbing in the Victorian era. These brought the idea that if you act like a gentleman you could be one.

Acting like a gentleman is like any other form of courtship - it's a display mechanism - peacocking. Here I am, I'm educated, well-dressed, charming and successful - I will make a perfect mate. And women are suckers for it, every time. We don't have the benefit of wearing push-up bras and heels (most of us, any way) so we have to make do by giving you believable compliments and looking like we're interested in what you're saying.

A real gentleman will make you feel like it was your idea when he dumps you.

This is almost as funny as misterdark's post...almost.

Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 11:40:04 PM

She wrote:

I never got any of your messages angry7

Lwinking

Consider yourself lucky. My ridiculous drunken perv messages are an acquired taste.

Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 12:16:20 AM

Magical_felix wrote:

Consider yourself lucky. My ridiculous drunken perv messages are an acquired taste.

I gotta admit, I was thinking the same thing... and it would be pretty fun to ignore you if you were being a drunken idiot!