Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
TxPrincess
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 4:54:10 PM

Poppet wrote:
I was just talking to someone and we think it would be cool if we got a notice either in our inbox or e-mail about new updates, or changes on the site. It would also be nice if it was an option because not everyone is going to want the feature, because it can cause spam. But, sometimes we don't see the new features, or takes a while to see them. So, yeah that would be wicked!

I totally asked about this when I saw Gav in my room (i was in total shock).....but I soooo AGREE

CleverFox
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:05:20 PM

I would like to be able to see which moderator recomended a story for a Recomended Read Award and the reason why the story is a Recomended Read.

I also think it would be nice to be able to see why a story was Given an Editor's Pick award.

This way I could tell if it is a story that would interest me.
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:09:24 PM

CleverFox wrote:
I would like to be able to see which moderator recomended a story for a Recomended Read Award and the reason why the story is a Recomended Read.

I also think it would be nice to be able to see why a story was Given an Editor's Pick award.

This has already been discussed and decided on.

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst30159p6_New-recommendation-symbol.aspx
Coco
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:24:44 PM

CleverFox wrote:

You could also view the tags as a way to decide if you're interested in the story. If I see a tag that I don't like, I don't read the story. A story's tags are most important.

Katland
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 2:18:34 PM

How about a date time stamp for messages within the private chat?

Also some of us have more than one relationship. Is there a way to allow us to post all the different relationships we might have. For instance I might be the sub of one mistress, but also have multiple subs.
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:53:25 AM

I'd like a feature that showed who voted and what score for published stories. I realize there is a selection option for only allowing people who comment to vote, but that seems usually to result in no votes at all. I have spoken with other writers and we're all pretty agreed that some malicious people purposefully vote down stories to lower the overall score, for whatever reason. I also think there are members who sign out, sign in as "guests" to vote up or down stories, which seems - ahem - unethical at the least. Now, granted not every story is to everyone's particular taste, but when a story is scoring highly with consistency and then suddenly is lowered because of a bunch of 4s or even a 2, I call b.s. Just my measly two cents worth.
Poppet
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 1:23:54 PM

yourmisterdark wrote:
I'd like a feature that showed who voted and what score for published stories. I realize there is a selection option for only allowing people who comment to vote, but that seems usually to result in no votes at all. I have spoken with other writers and we're all pretty agreed that some malicious people purposefully vote down stories to lower the overall score, for whatever reason. I also think there are members who sign out, sign in as "guests" to vote up or down stories, which seems - ahem - unethical at the least. Now, granted not every story is to everyone's particular taste, but when a story is scoring highly with consistency and then suddenly is lowered because of a bunch of 4s or even a 2, I call b.s. Just my measly two cents worth.

I agree, dearest. I've even suggested this, no such luck. I was pretty much told no. I wouldn't hold your breath either.

A Few Of My Favourites

Oral – Audio - Eating Of My Pussy
Erotic Poem - Audio - Sucking Cock
Reluctance – Masturbating Slut Exposed
Exhibitionism - Audio - Afternoon Park Delights
Masturbation - Audio - Recommended Read - Phone Sex
Masturbation - Audio - Recommend Read - Two AM Orgasms
Supernatural – Audio – Recommended Read - My Life As A Genie
sprite
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:12:52 PM

yourmisterdark wrote:

I'll give you a straight forward answer here, Mr Dark. no. there are a number of reasons for this stance, but the bottom line is, it's not a feature that is going to be implemented here.
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:29:48 PM

yourmisterdark wrote:

That would cause too many fights, too much drama. Mods can't go stepping in on personal feuds, they do too much to keep this site going already, without having to be playground attendants.
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:32:39 PM

Actually you can see who scored your stories with the timeline feature, you just can't see what they scored. Although sometimes, it's easy enough to guess who scored what.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:51:22 PM

yourmisterdark wrote:

There's an option you can choose under 'settings and privacy' that will only allow Lush members to vote on your story (with or without comments). That tends to dissuade people from story-bombing because they do get flagged if they have a habit of dropping low scores on stories. A score of '4' however is not considered a low score. A 'bunch of 4's' is pretty common on most stories that become popular enough to become part of the general reading-mill (ie. getting an audience beyond one's friend list). Preventing 'anonymous' voting is a good option to use though, if there's general concern about voting trends.

sprite
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 3:03:09 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

There's an option you can choose under 'settings and privacy' that will only allow Lush members to vote on your story (with or without comments). That tends to dissuade people from story-bombing because they do get flagged if they have a habit of dropping low scores on stories. A score of '4' however is not considered a low score. A 'bunch of 4's' is pretty common on most stories that become popular enough to become part of the general reading-mill (ie. getting an audience beyond one's friend list). Preventing 'anonymous' voting is a good option to use though, if there's general concern about voting trends.

for the record, despite what people may think, a score of 3 means average. while i do understand that people don't like getting 3s, i don't personally consider a 3 being an unreasonable score in many cases.
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 3:11:06 PM

Thank you, sprite. Just thought I'd inquire.

Lustyrose4u
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 3:57:04 PM

How about making the CHAT featiure WORK... it's poor at best, and tends to disconnect at will. Other than that, I think the site is fine.

"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Liz
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 4:13:22 PM

Lustyrose4u wrote:
How about making the CHAT featiure WORK... it's poor at best, and tends to disconnect at will. Other than that, I think the site is fine.

If it were that poor, I am sure that Gav would be inundated with messages about it.
Something like:

Quote:
Hi Gav,

Sorry to bother you, I know you're a busy guy.
I was wondering if you could take a look at something for me please.
I've been having some trouble with the Private Chat feature on the site. It seems to keep disconnecting.
Do you think this might be site related, or might it be my connection?
Appreciate your time.

Many thanks,

LustyRose4U

You know, something like that...

I might also direct your attention here:

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics44_Lush-Help-Desk.aspx

Feel free to post a polite query on the Help Desk section of the forum for advice on technical issues.

Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 4:36:04 PM

yourmisterdark wrote:

I just take the scoring for what it is. I get 1's and 2's all the time because I have a few jealous haters. I like the views I get more than the actual scoring. To each there own though, and remember we can't make all people happy.
Alexandra_A
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:33:06 PM

Not something added, but certainly an improvement:
Do away with the voting. It is meaningless.

5 is excellent, flawless, unimprovable. It's Shakespeare, Dickens, Hemingway and Jane Austen. Once ordinary is worth 5, there's no where to go.

Everyone gives their friends 5, regardless of the quality. And people give 5 in the hope that others will reciprocate when their own stories are judged. And then, at the other extreme, you get the 'jealous haters' who gives ones.

5 means different things to different people. Did it make me horny? Did it make me cum? Was it well-written? Original? Thought-provoking? Funny? Clever? Dirty? Did it have incest in it? Not have incest in it? Was it by my friend? Will it upset someone if I give it 3?

To be honest: I give 4 from hopeless to average and 5 for everything above. Is that just me? I think not...

Perhaps - and here's a thought - we should not be able to vote on our friends stories. In that way, bias would be removed and people may well vote as they truly feel, with no axes to grind and no pally pats on the back.

Or - another thought - simply have a 'thumbs up' if we liked it, with nothing if we didn't. If we have to have a form of voting then this, I feel, is the only way forward.

To sum up: unless anyone can give a good reason for keeping this voting thingy, let's bin it.

Shall we have a vote on it? (I'll give it a 4)

"If I sign off with pithy quotations, ignore all preceding opinion for I am undoubtedly a fool. And if, after our discourse, I abuse you by proffering my vulgar produce, cast me into the gutter."
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 5:57:29 PM

Alexandra_A wrote:
Not something added, but certainly an improvement:
Do away with the voting. It is meaningless.

5 is excellent, flawless, unimprovable. It's Shakespeare, Dickens, Hemingway and Jane Austen. Once ordinary is worth 5, there's no where to go.

Everyone gives their friends 5, regardless of the quality. And people give 5 in the hope that others will reciprocate when their own stories are judged. And then, at the other extreme, you get the 'jealous haters' who gives ones.

5 means different things to different people. Did it make me horny? Did it make me cum? Was it well-written? Original? Thought-provoking? Funny? Clever? Dirty? Did it have incest in it? Not have incest in it? Was it by my friend? Will it upset someone if I give it 3?

To be honest: I give 4 from hopeless to average and 5 for everything above. Is that just me? I think not...

Perhaps - and here's a thought - we should not be able to vote on our friends stories. In that way, bias would be removed and people may well vote as they truly feel, with no axes to grind and no pally pats on the back.

Or - another thought - simply have a 'thumbs up' if we liked it, with nothing if we didn't. If we have to have a form of voting then this, I feel, is the only way forward.

To sum up: unless anyone can give a good reason for keeping this voting thingy, let's bin it.

Shall we have a vote on it? (I'll give it a 4)

I like the thumbs up; on the other hand (yes, it's a pun), doing away with voting altogether has its charm. It's so much better than the old multiple choice check one boxes: Made me cum Didn't make cum Made me fig myself :)
MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:11:22 PM

Keep the voting as it is. But maybe fix the comment box when a comment is required to vote. It does not work very well. It often doesn't post at all and you can't retype a typo.

I am thinking of not voting at all anymore on any stories that require that.
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:51:36 PM

I think everything is fine just the way it's. writers need to pick and choose who the real voters are, and enjoy the comments and ratings from them. Screw the rest. I mean it's obvious if you get 25 5's in a row, and then get a couple of 1's or 2's it's so obvious they are just trying to bring down your score out of envy.. Just focus on the ones that matter and forget the rest. I know I only care about a few reviews I get from certain people, but when I get 40 to 50 thousand views I could really care less what the haters think anyway. Just write as you do and enjoy it. Remember there is miserable people everywhere in this world that get off making people feel low.
Mazza
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:31:34 PM

MissyLuvsYa wrote:
Keep the voting as it is. But maybe fix the comment box when a comment is required to vote. It does not work very well. It often doesn't post at all and you can't retype a typo.

I am thinking of not voting at all anymore on any stories that require that.

Unless it's for a friend or a story that really blew me away, I tend to not vote when there is a forced comment. I just don't like it and, if I'm on my phone and the forced comment box comes up, it's a pain in the ass - it's difficult to select on my screen and honestly, I tend to just head to another page without voting or commenting...

TonyT
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:12:43 AM

I read through several of the postings here and did not see these, so if they have already been discussed please forgive me for re-posting:

1. it would be cool if there where left and right arrows between the video postings as there are on the image postings. It would make it much easier for me sees Summer Jones in all of her sexy glory. hehehe

2. It would be cool to see 'who's viewed my profile" I like the "who IS viewing' function but I may not be on when someone does that. Perhaps a toggle in the same frame so you could see that... (Your "top viewers" would be cool too)

thanks much for all of your hard work

ISO sexy married women to fulfill their deepest desires... did i mention I love it really wet?
paul_moadib
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 11:11:50 AM

Can u add sum logic 2 block forum posts wot contain txt spk pls?

It's disgusting.
Naughty_Nurse
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 7:17:42 AM

I'd like to be able to see, seperated, how many 1,2, 3,4s and 5 s have been scored. I loose track now.

Monica's Birthday turns into an unexpected family orgy
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/incest/monicas-birthday-turns-into-an.aspx

Scott learns all about oral sex from his Nurse
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/oral-sex/scott-learns-all-about-oral-sex-from.aspx
lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 8:41:02 AM

I'd like to see a "Go to page #" option on the home/story page. If a person wants to go back in the stories, past page 10 you can only move 5 pages at a time. Be helpful if I could select page 176 or whatever.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Liz
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 9:02:42 AM

lafayettemister wrote:
I'd like to see a "Go to page #" option on the home/story page. If a person wants to go back in the stories, past page 10 you can only move 5 pages at a time. Be helpful if I could select page 176 or whatever.

You can type it in the URL if you want:

http://www.lushstories.com/?page=15&cs=26125

Just change that bit in red to the page number you want :)

Scriptwriter66
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 10:29:47 AM

I'd like to be able to upload in PDF.

Writers write what others don't dare write.

Please take time to read my newest Comp Story "Arigatō"
Thank you.

Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 8:56:05 PM

Scriptwriter66 wrote:
I'd like to be able to upload in PDF.

When you post a story, it is automatically converted to a PDF, unless you turn off the setting to allow your stories to be viewed in PDF, so it seems a tad redundant to upload in PDF. Might also create headaches for mods, as PDF files are generally not that easy to edit.
Scriptwriter66
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:03:40 PM

I write screenplays and using the submission form doesn't allow for the SP formatting to stay formatted as a screenplay. Uploading in PDF would prevent any changes.

Writers write what others don't dare write.

Please take time to read my newest Comp Story "Arigatō"
Thank you.

Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 1:48:48 AM

I'm always reading about wanting to improve the standards of the writing here, which is sometimes (okay, most of the time) met with criticism. I think in order to help people improve and get good feedback, a critique forum, like on the sister site would be useful.