Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Poll Question : should women be allowed to be topless in public?
Choice Votes Statistics
Hell yes!!! 88 48 %
Yes, in certain places 71 39 %
No 21 11 %

should women be allowed to be topless in public? Options · View
TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:41:13 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,302
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
Emerys wrote:

ETA: I hate that I can't post a link or an image. The photograph is really spectacular.




There ya go. happy8

(Just a few more posts til you hit 20 and can post your own images in the forums)

hornyryan
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:09:46 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 12/30/2010
Posts: 7
Location: if you want to know just ask, United States
if every girl can take every guy looking at them even more then we do now and the fact that were all going to be hard as hell then yes they should be aloud
Leiza350
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 12:57:07 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/22/2012
Posts: 415
Location: ft myers, United States
yes
DarkSide
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:04:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/28/2011
Posts: 142
Location: United Kingdom
If there's a petition going round - I will sign in.

Women should be topless at all times.

I disagree with Emerys, a woman's breasts are considered sexual and not just larger pecs. So although they are on the same part of the body, they are not equivalent.

I used to be a pervert. In here, I'm normal.
Emerys
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:59:19 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/27/2013
Posts: 342
Location: United States
TheDevilsWeakness wrote:




There ya go. happy8

(Just a few more posts til you hit 20 and can post your own images in the forums)



You are an absolute doll! Also, thanks for that tip. I was wondering why I couldn't. I feel silly for not even bothering to check.

omegaman7
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:20:26 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 5/28/2013
Posts: 5
Location: Umatilla, United States
If they want to, yes. Somebody said they're not equivalent to men's chests. That much is obvious. A woman's breasts are for the feeding of children. I'm rarely turned on by them myself. I have other interests :p Eyes for instance(Not so much the color, but what they say), and of course, personality!

Actually, I find myself turned off to them, more so than turned on. I see unnaturally large breasts, entirely too often...

I guess I understand why they've hidden them for so many centuries though. Probably a higher percentage of men, are attracted to them.
ManInNewHampshire
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 4:05:23 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/23/2013
Posts: 139
Location: Under the radar, United States
Emerys wrote:



Of course it's a statement, but it CAN be about both, y'know. The same way some guys prefer being naked from the waist up at places like a beach or a pool, some women would prefer to do the same.

The only difference between a man's chest and women's breasts is that the latter protrudes (and yet, even some men have moobs). The same way a guy can stare at a pair of pretty tits, a girl can stare at a nicely toned chest. And yet only one group gets persecuted for being bare and shamed or harassed into covering up.

Simply being able to is the important part. A woman should be able to choose whether or not they walk around topless at the beach the same way a man chooses. Sure, some men choose not to, but at least they have the choice. We don't.


But in public it is ok for a woman to flirt with a man and run her fingers up his chest. She of course would need to stop if he told her to.
So you're saying that if woman, by law, can go topless, is it ok for a man to flirt and feel her boobs unless she says stop. Right now men can't just start flirting and touch a woman's chest without getting in trouble.

I think there will be unintentional and unwanted consequences.

At my age I don't really care. And I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice if things were fair. But they are not and never will be. Life is not, and I don't think it was ever meant to be fair.
Paulfromma
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:02:41 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 4/25/2013
Posts: 88
Location: Daytona Beach FL area -east coast, United States
Of course they should. In fact, I do believe the New York State Supreme Court ruled that women had that right in NY.
ManInNewHampshire
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:15:11 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/23/2013
Posts: 139
Location: Under the radar, United States
but like i said, unintended consequences.
Emerys
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:37:26 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/27/2013
Posts: 342
Location: United States
LOVES4PLAY wrote:
Yes of course, just not while I am driving. (-:



Quote:
Prohibit Straight Men From Driving

In many public schools, there are dress codes that prohibit students from wearing tank-tops, tube tops, and shorts that are deemed "too short," as these could distract male students.

If men can be this easily distracted by women's bodies, then this raises a variety of safety concerns.

Many busy highways have billboards that use sexually suggestive imagery of women's bodies.

Women also often go about their everyday lives near roadways wearing tanktops and short shorts.

If straight men (and men of other sexual orientations who are attracted to women) can be distracted by the mere sight of a woman's thigh, then it is a public safety hazard to allow them to operate vehicles that weigh thousands of pounds at up to 75mph past these inevitable distractions.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prohibit-straight-men-driving/Rt1ljN4f angel7





Emerys
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 6:55:01 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/27/2013
Posts: 342
Location: United States
ManinNewHampshire wrote:


But in public it is ok for a woman to flirt with a man and run her fingers up his chest. She of course would need to stop if he told her to.
So you're saying that if woman, by law, can go topless, is it ok for a man to flirt and feel her boobs unless she says stop. Right now men can't just start flirting and touch a woman's chest without getting in trouble.

I think there will be unintentional and unwanted consequences.

At my age I don't really care. And I'm not saying that it wouldn't be nice if things were fair. But they are not and never will be. Life is not, and I don't think it was ever meant to be fair.



That's actually really inappropriate, and I personally would never do such a thing. I don't think ANYONE should be touching someone else's chest without their express permission. If a women does, however, touch a man's chest and refuses to stop after he told her so, then that's a really serious problem. But like I said, no one should be touching anyone like that, period. Not men, and not women.

Moreover, if a man thinks that he suddenly has the right to touch a woman's breasts because she's bare, then they need some serious help. There's this thing called self-control, and as much as some men claim not to have any, I know that's actually not the case at all.

About that last paragraph: that's such a defeatist attitude. I think it can hardly be denied that women have made extremely large strides in gaining equality, and they will continue to do so. It may take a long time, but that's how change and progression generally works.

I do agree with you about the consequences, however. Some men seem to think that they have a right to assault women if they wear "revealing" clothing, and that attitude needs to change. And it will change if society embraces the fact that women aren't sexual objects to be used for male gratification. This will probably take a long time as it's improbable that centuries of sexism and misogyny will be eradicated in months, or even years, but if people continue to push forward I think it definitely will happen someday.



Sorry about the length of my response, btw. This issue is something I feel rather strongly about.



Lustyrose4u
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:19:19 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/6/2013
Posts: 362
Location: Long Island, United States
The penal code of New York State DOES alow it, the state courts have upheld it in decisions.

"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:24:59 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
I think it would be great to see women topless in public. The female body is so beautiful and to see it on display makes me hard thinking about it. It doesn't matter the size of the woman at all because all women are not created equally. I love tits of all sizes so let the tits be free...............
Emerys
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:36:38 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/27/2013
Posts: 342
Location: United States
Lustyrose4u wrote:
The penal code of New York State DOES alow it, the state courts have upheld it in decisions.


I know. I think it's pretty cool, to be honest.

mrunner
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:40:08 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/21/2013
Posts: 33
Location: great state of Texas , United States
Hell yes if guys can girls can
MrLongLasting
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 10:59:58 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 5/30/2013
Posts: 53
Location: Pleasant Valley, United States
675-lick Hell no! You ever been to a nude beach and seen some of the nude/topless women there? They need to keep their tops on in public.
Emerys
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 12:38:15 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/27/2013
Posts: 342
Location: United States
LongLasting wrote:
675-lick Hell no! You ever been to a nude beach and seen some of the nude/topless women there? They need to keep their tops on in public.


Funny, I feel the same way about most guys. And yet they do it anyway.

Belthazor
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 7:47:43 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/8/2011
Posts: 301
Location: Florida, United States
Emerys wrote:


Funny, I feel the same way about most guys. And yet they do it anyway.


lol And thus the reason I keep my slightly pudgy white self covered!
Emerys
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 9:02:30 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/27/2013
Posts: 342
Location: United States
Belthazor wrote:


lol And thus the reason I keep my slightly pudgy white self covered!



And now I feel like a terrible, terrible person. Way to go, Emma.

I'm sure your 'slightly pudgy white self' is absolutely fucking gorgeous. Don't let stupid people (like me, apparently) prevent you from being shirtless if that's what you want!

And now I'm going to slink off to a corner and hit myself over the head for perpetuating body shaming.




Barrone
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 9:22:37 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/11/2013
Posts: 682
Location: Ecstasy, United States
Yes, I'd Love It(.)(.)

Swimming in my pond, waiting for some Lush Lovelies:) I'm Sexy, and I Know It!!
Barrone
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 9:29:04 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/11/2013
Posts: 682
Location: Ecstasy, United States
boobieflash2 Hell Yes

Swimming in my pond, waiting for some Lush Lovelies:) I'm Sexy, and I Know It!!
paul_moadib
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 4:53:40 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/31/2013
Posts: 500
Location: Docking bay 94
On the beaches in Europe it's very normal. My wife will do it normally.

It's a bit weird though, if you make acquaintances on the beach and then they go topless. Holding a conversation when someone's tits are staring at you is bizarre.
nil4sin
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:33:11 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 5/20/2013
Posts: 88
Location: India
boobieflash2 Please, stop this in public.

Although I die 2 c a topless woman, the social being in me tells me that it will create lots of problem in our public life.

Neel
dirtyreader
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:16:06 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 11/7/2012
Posts: 12
Location: United States
No. I don't think that women should be allowed to go topless. Breasts on a woman is a private part of the body and shouldn't go bare in public for every person to see. Plus not being able to see them makes finally seeing them all the better.
Guest
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:24:51 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,775
It would take generations of social change for this to be acceptable, simply because a women walking around topless is so distracting and unfortunately offensive to too many people. Comparing a man being topless to a woman being topless isn't fair, not because of the physical bodies, but because of the societal feelings towards them. It's unfortunate, but its part of the world we live in. Maybe over time, things will start to change.
Milik_Redman
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 7:34:28 PM

Rank: Internet Philosopher

Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 4,412
Location: somewhere deep under the Earth, United States
I've always thought such societal norms were archaic.

As an example. How do we in the west feel about women being forced to wear a veil or a burka?

Would you demand your wife or daughter too if you were visiting the Middle East? As a female, would having too make you angry?

Suppose a woman from one of those places that commonly go topless day to day came to the west. Wouldn't them being told they must wear a top be no different?

Societal norms are inherently hypocritical and any attempt to legislate morality is just oppression wrapped in birthday paper.

β€œIt is a great thing to know your vices.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero


My New collaboration with Dirty _D is one I am extremely proud to offer:





She
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:34:46 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,160
Location: Europe
Milik_The_Red wrote:
I've always thought such societal norms were archaic.

As an example. How do we in the west feel about women being forced to wear a veil or a burka?

Are they really forced? Just because our western 'democratic' world is different than their culture, that doesnt mean their way is wrong..for them that is.
Milik_The_Red wrote:
Would you demand your wife or daughter too if you were visiting the Middle East? As a female, would having too make you angry?

First of all, western modern guy cannot demand nothing from his woman, he can suggest, secondly I am firm bekliever that wherever you go, whatever part of world I am visiting, I dont act like europian snob or american idiot, but I try to adjust to their ways and their culture, to experiance the whole traveling experiance..
That being said I would never visit middle east, I lived in Cyprus for 2 years and that was too close to arabic world for my taste, however if I would have to go there by bussines, yes, I would wear burka, because of the reasons I just listed.

Milik_The_Red wrote:
Suppose a woman from one of those places that commonly go topless day to day came to the west. Wouldn't them being told they must wear a top be no different?

Societal norms are inherently hypocritical and any attempt to legislate morality is just oppression wrapped in birthday paper.


I dont get your last question..not really sure what you are trying to say.
She
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 5:37:07 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,160
Location: Europe


588-rolleyes
DontHaveASexyCliche
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 1:15:17 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2013
Posts: 157
Location: United States
It's legal for women to be topless in my city, but it rarely occurs, either because people don't know it's legal, or they're too shy. There was a big thing a few years back about a woman who always did her gardening topless in the front yard. The neighbors didn't like it, but she wasn't doing anything wrong.
tango48
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:21:19 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/6/2008
Posts: 202
Location: islamabad, pakistan
YES in certain limits and places.
but we have to overcome the 'if its my girl, no if its yours, yes' iusue. then the world will be a topless place for the better!

if, 'to be or not to be' is the question - then how is E=MC^2?
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.