Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

characters under 16 years of age Options · View
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:19:12 PM

Hi Shylass. I guess it was just the way that I saw it. I felt I was being criticized for wanting to include children or underage people into my stories - nothing could be further from the truth. Two versions of the condition relating to underage were posted, both different, and I wanted to know why, and which was correct. Nobody seemed to recognize that. I used an example to get my point across, no more than that. BIG MISTAKE.
Shylass
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 2:56:39 AM

eroticascribe wrote:
Hi Shylass. I guess it was just the way that I saw it. I felt I was being criticized for wanting to include children or underage people into my stories - nothing could be further from the truth. Two versions of the condition relating to underage were posted, both different, and I wanted to know why, and which was correct. Nobody seemed to recognize that. I used an example to get my point across, no more than that. BIG MISTAKE.

Welcome to Lush forum posting! evil4 You will quickly learn that certain subjects provoke certain reactions, as you have already seen. Some subjects get immediate hot (not the sexy kind) responses (usually underage and incest discussion, which isn't allowed in the forums), whilst others get playground bitches taking the pee (check out some of the bizarre/obvious question threads in "Ask the Gals"). Others are treated particularly judgementally (check out "Relationship Advice" or threads discussing cheating on married partners). Others lead to near punch-ups (gun threads, from what I've seen when I've popped into those). These are usually the exception. sunny

I was clear in what you were asking, but the point I made in response should have been clear enough to explain the difference between your examples. It's about common sense. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear enough, but that's the risk we take when we post here.

It is easy to misunderstand a responder's intentions, or for our own posts to be misunderstood. Even if we spent hours trying to make sure our posts are not offensive to anybody, in any way, it's still going to have a negative effect on somebody, somewhere, for some reason. That's the nature of internet forums, and people. Certain subjects here can lead to a waterfall of posts that need deleting, due to breaking rules. You didn't break a rule in this regard, but you have seen a demonstration of what happens when emotion and a subject with site rules come together, due to history of stories and threads in the forums.

The longer you are here, the more you will get to know individuals and the site's "character". If you had been here a bit longer, you would have been able to immediately gauge the sort of reaction this subject would get, and from whom. Your post was not a big mistake, as far as I'm concerned (and I was not accusing you of anything), it was simply a baptism of fire in experiencing reaction to this subject and the generalised example you used. I'm sorry if that has left you upset and/or angered.

I have my own reasons for reacting immediately and fervently, as well as from some of the truly horrific stories authors have submitted, that never made it to being posted on the site. Such questions as the one in this thread can lead to pushing boundaries that should never be pushed, by people who really are sick (again, I am not referring to you). Although I am not a mod any more, there was no way that I wanted the other mods to get more submissions that would go over the edge, due to those authors trying to say "The rules say...". The mods have to read some horrible things (that's an understatement), and draw lines in grey areas with discussion and debate. In this subject, common sense and the perceived implications must rule.

Please don't let this discourage you from asking questions. You've already made a friendly splash in the forums generally, and it would be great to see that continue.

Kids can be in your stories, but be safe and treat them as passing, secondary characters. Stories with strong emphasis on children can always go on the sister site (non-erotica), www.storiesspace.com.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:00:56 AM

Thanks shylass. I was hurting a bit, because I thought you might be thinking I condoned that sort of behavior. "Baptism of Fire", violent3 you bloody bet, but now we have it sorted out, and you have warned me of the consequences, it will NEVER happen again. You are one scary lady when provoked. LOL
Shylass
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:11:07 AM

eroticascribe wrote:
Thanks shylass. I was hurting a bit, because I thought you might be thinking I condoned that sort of behavior. "Baptism of Fire", violent3 you bloody bet, but now we have it sorted out, and you have warned me of the consequences, it will NEVER happen again. You are one scary lady when provoked. LOL

Sorry. crybaby I can be nice sometimes. Big Hugs But trust me, if I thought you actually condoned that, I'd have earned myself a enforced holiday from Lush.

Look, here's some cookies for you:

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:39:14 AM

WOWIE!!!!!!!! Those are some hot assed cookies for sure!!!!!! I want some!! Hells Bells lemme have the models instead!!!
Shylass
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:38:22 AM

SpankMeFlushMe wrote:
WOWIE!!!!!!!! Those are some hot assed cookies for sure!!!!!! I want some!! Hells Bells lemme have the models instead!!!

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer this one?

Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:36:44 AM

Shylass wrote:

Ohh... my word. I saw that and me AND my dick flinched!!! OTOH wouldn't that be QUITE THE INTRODUCTION

to a new Domme??

Yes Mistress, I bow to your Greatness...

and wetness...binky
Shylass
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:53:17 AM

SpankMeFlushMe wrote:

Ohh... my word. I saw that and me AND my dick flinched!!! OTOH wouldn't that be QUITE THE INTRODUCTION

to a new Domme??

Yes Mistress, I bow to your Greatness...

and wetness...binky

confused5 Embarassed Anxious evil4

She
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 8:36:30 AM

Milik_The_Red wrote:
Seriously, why does this keep coming up? No one under the age of 16 can be portrayed as being sexually active, aware or desirable by themselves or another party.

because new people are signing in and they are not familiar with site rules
DanielleX
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:34:59 AM

I thought the guy in Lolita was a paedo, I wouldn't call that erotica. I never read it at uni, but I know someone who did and he said it wasn't very good.

Saga
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:15:49 PM

eroticascribe wrote:

laughing6 She is brilliant eh?

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/rye-and-ginger.aspx
Saga
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:18:11 PM

Shylass wrote:

a1089 Mistress Shylass!!

It's got a nice ring to it, Twinny. Lfunny

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/rye-and-ginger.aspx
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:59:22 PM

Shylass: thanks for the cookies, sexy, oh and the cuddle. Mmmmmmm to both. Know where I want to put the cookies and then munch on them. *grin
Saga: You can say that again - but don't. I wonder if she has items of torture in her closet for us naughty people. No, I'm joking shylass, please, I don't want anymore baptisms of fire. (kisses feet and ankles, working up to knees......)
Shylass
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 2:14:44 AM

eroticascribe wrote:
Shylass: thanks for the cookies, sexy, oh and the cuddle. Mmmmmmm to both. Know where I want to put the cookies and then munch on them. *grin
Saga: You can say that again - but don't. I wonder if she has items of torture in her closet for us naughty people. No, I'm joking shylass, please, I don't want anymore baptisms of fire. (kisses feet and ankles, working up to knees......)

I presume you put the cookies in the correct place: your tummy. Real men eat cookies (that sentence is not a euphemism).

There's no need for that kissing lark; just leave a box of gingerbread on the desk for me, and you're free to do as you wish whilst I nom them. sunny

Milik_Redman
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 1:15:44 PM

She wrote:

because new people are signing in and they are not familiar with site rules

Yes, I suppose we should have the TOS posted and a link placed on the submission page.

Oh, wait...

“It is a great thing to know your vices.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

My Editors Choice Award Winning Stories.

suezq
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 2:46:58 PM

I see no reason why getting a 14 year old into a story (especially a naked 14 year old)by sticking to the technicalities of the rules would in any way enhance your story.
Dani
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 3:38:30 PM

suezq wrote:
I see no reason why getting a 14 year old into a story (especially a naked 14 year old)by sticking to the technicalities of the rules would in any way enhance your story.

He's already said that he was just using it as an extreme example of clarification. He's made that clear 1,000 times over.

It's a subject that's been exhausted.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

Alexandra_A
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 4:15:30 PM

Milik_The_Red wrote:

Yes, the site does actually forbid the use of its forums, profiles and stories to be used as a link to third party advertisements. Such links are removed as they are discovered and repeat offenders could be suspended or even have their accounts deleted. See the red dot with LP in it? That signifies it was a Lush Publication.

I have seen adverts on profiles for external sites : 'Smashwords.com' for example. Are you sure this is the case? Or perhaps Smashwords is linked to Lush somehow? And I have a link to an Amazon page where I have a collection of short stories for sale. Is this not allowed also? So many rules: so little time!

"If I sign off with pithy quotations, ignore all preceding opinion for I am undoubtedly a fool. And if, after our discourse, I abuse you by proffering my vulgar produce, cast me into the gutter."
Alexandra_A
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 4:20:11 PM

DanielleX wrote:
I thought the guy in Lolita was a paedo, I wouldn't call that erotica. I never read it at uni, but I know someone who did and he said it wasn't very good.

Graham Greene said it was the one of the best books he'd read. That's good enough for me... unless your friend is Salman Rushdie or something :)

"If I sign off with pithy quotations, ignore all preceding opinion for I am undoubtedly a fool. And if, after our discourse, I abuse you by proffering my vulgar produce, cast me into the gutter."
Milik_Redman
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:19:05 AM

Alexandra_A wrote:

I have seen adverts on profiles for external sites : 'Smashwords.com' for example. Are you sure this is the case? Or perhaps Smashwords is linked to Lush somehow? And I have a link to an Amazon page where I have a collection of short stories for sale. Is this not allowed also? So many rules: so little time!

Smashswords and Amazon are the sellers for Lush Publishing. I'm not an expert on these things, the thread moderators are much better equipped to answer the specifics, but my understanding would be that any 3rd party advertisements are prohibited.

If any mods who are more conversant with the rules wishes to clarify this please feel free to jump in.

― Marcus Tullius Cicero

She
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:24:38 AM

Milik_The_Red wrote:

Yes, I suppose we should have the TOS posted and a link placed on the submission page.

Oh, wait...

I guess you are right, this site and every similar one dont need newbies, most certainly competition is not high and pompous moderator who arrogantly replay to one week old Lushie is just everyones goal.

Oh, wait...
Milik_Redman
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 12:57:59 AM

She wrote:

I guess you are right, this site and every similar one dont need newbies, most certainly competition is not high and pompous moderator who arrogantly replay to one week old Lushie is just everyones goal.

Oh, wait...

I just love it when you quote me. It makes me feel so important.

― Marcus Tullius Cicero