Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Judge finds cop not guilty after refusing to watch abuse video. Options · View
lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 9:40:48 AM

I can't imagine why the judge would refuse to watch this video. She should be removed from the bench and there should be a new trial.

edit... I didn't really watch much of the video maker's commentary, or I didn't pay much attention to it. Mostly just watched the new report section of the video.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
kornslayer1
Posted: Thursday, January 09, 2014 6:17:00 PM

This seems like one of those situations, where if you give it a negative comment, you are really gonna open yourself to some negative words from other people.

Thanks for reading, or looking at my posts, now go to my profile, and check out my stories.
If you have, thanks for reading. It's always appreciated. I know I don't have a Recommended read, or Editors choice for you to choose from, but I think you'll be happy with any story you choose. I write the way I write, and try my best. I know a lot of you like my stories that was in the removed category, but I hope you can appreciate the rest of them. Check this one out.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/my-step-brother-wants-me.aspx
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 1:19:42 AM

Really, you think if one says something bad about that cop that one will get heat from others? What happened was the cops for got there was a camra there and attacked him because the kid was laughing at him. And then remember that there was one there after the fact. As if that wasn't enough both cops were talking down to this guy. And in one part of the news section a guy said this type of footage is meant to protect cops. They're just looking to bust cops. I was thinking dude those viedos were never meant to protect cops.
It comes down to the issue I talked about in the thread about a honest world. In that thread I go over the issues that this deals with. In an honest world we would look at this and see objectively what happened.
A cop attacked a guy because he wanted to. Both cops talking down to this guy because they had disdain for this young man aka contempt. And in an honest world we would then look at how and what these two cops are contributing to society and as such is where their currency value would be set at.
BlueEyes031886
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 9:48:55 PM

Think that's bad... check out the video footage of homeless schizophrenic Kelly Thomas being beaten to death by 6 cops while Kelly is apologizing and crying for his father. Two of the cops have already gotten off the hook, despite perfectly clear footage of the police acting with unmasked brutality.
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 11:25:59 PM

They beat the shit out of him! He was fighting for his life. Those cops learned him good. I learned something from watching this. If a cop or cops start beating the shit out of you, take it like a g, don't even move a little that will only encourage them. Don't call for your daddy it wont help, they don't care. They'll beat his ass too if he gets lippy. I also learned that many lack the courage to stand up and tell those cops that they were doing wrong. I don't blame people for not trying to be a hero, after all, if one did try to intervene and save this guy the cops could turn on this would be hero. And worst of all they could justify it by claiming obstruction of justice. The sad truth is the people watching this as it happened couldn't do anything without risking their own lives.

Next time yous see something like this happening at least call 911, please .
Jack_42
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 11:39:29 PM

I can't believe there is no allowance within the US justice system to investigate and correct this kind of incident and surely there must be something happening at the moment regarding this?
Jack_42
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 11:39:31 PM

I can't believe there is no allowance within the US justice system to investigate and correct this kind of incident and surely there must be something happening at the moment regarding this?
BlueEyes031886
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:31:01 PM

vines wrote:
Don't call for your daddy it wont help, they don't care. They'll beat his ass too if he gets lippy.

The worst part about that is that the guys dad was a sheriff or sheriff's deputy.

The United States Government and the police that are employed by it have no interest in the well being of people.
DLizze
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:35:47 PM

This is a symptom of what is happening in America. We have become a Fascist society. We have secret courts determining what our government agencies can and cannot do, basing their decisions on laws that are themselves secret. (NSA,FISA, etc.) The police in this country have always had a slight advantage over the rest of us in the courts, but this particular decision, and those surrounding the 6 officers who committed aggravated assault leading to manslaughter are proof that the system is seriously broken.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster