Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

IRS admits they deliberately harrassed Conservative groups Options · View
Guest
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:28:48 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,411
meh, turnabout is fair play.
Guest
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 1:05:24 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,411
if it's on the internet, if the government says so, if the news reports it, then it must be true


of course i'm naive enough to believe pigs can fly as well
Ruthie
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:51:02 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 2,385
Location: United States
House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-California told the treasury department to exclude liberal groups from the May audit of the IRS concerning IRS treatment of political groups that were applying for tax exempt status. According to treasury inspector General J. Russell George, Issa said to, “narrowly focus on tea party organizations.”

"Karen Kraushaar, the communications director at the Treasury Inspector General’s Office, said investigators had been constrained by their mission statement. House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) had specifically requested that investigators “narrowly focus on Tea Party organizations.” So they did just that, Kraushaar said."

Rep. Sander Levin (D-MI), the ranking Democrat on the House Ways and Means committee, wrote this to the treasury department:

" Appendix VII of the audit report states: “The following chart illustrates a timeline of events from February 2010 through July 2012 involving the identification and processing of potential political cases.” There is no mention here that the timeline is narrowly focused on Tea Party and conservative organizations.

Failing to make this clear in these documents and at Congressional Hearings even when asked directly has been fully misleading. It has contributed to the distortion of this entire investigation, including use of innuendo and totally unsubstantiated assertions of White House involvement.
[...]
Mr. George, Congress created TIGTA to be an “independent and objective” unit to conduct and supervise audits and investigations into tax administration. Implicit in the word “objective” is a duty to be forth-coming. There is increasing evidence that the May 14, 2013 audit was fundamentally flawed and that your handling of it has failed to meet the necessary test of objectivity and forthrightness."

Rep. Issa asked for a selective audit, one that only showed that the IRS targeted conservative groups, and that's what the treasury inspectors gave him. When asked if the IRS had targeted liberal groups as well, Issa said that he didn't have any evidence of that. Of course he didn't. He didn't allow the auditors to look for any evidence of that.

Once again the conservative party, with their trained and broken media, have twisted and warped all logic, truth and facts to put forth the narrative that they wanted people to get, and we got it, didn't we?

They're like Lucy holding the football, and we're like Charlie Brown thinking that this time they won't pull it out from under us. We never learn.

As Crissie Brown at Politicus USA said, "In other words, Chairman Issa asked for a selective investigation of the IRS, directing the IG’s office to look only at the IRS targeting of conservative groups. He then used the report from that selective investigation to build a narrative of the IRS targeting only conservative groups. It’s like combing through police records looking only for arrests of people wearing blue jeans … to tell a story that police arrest only people wearing blue jeans."



ByronLord
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:59:30 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/14/2010
Posts: 753
Location: Massachusetts, United States
CoopsRuthie wrote:
House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-California told the treasury department to exclude liberal groups from the May audit of the IRS concerning IRS treatment of political groups that were applying for tax exempt status. According to treasury inspector General J. Russell George, Issa said to, “narrowly focus on tea party organizations.”


The Inspector General was a Bush appointee and very clearly his report was partisan and intended to deceive.

He should be fired immediately and put under investigation for lying to congress.

Issa has an unsavory business past with many criminal charges. His Benghazi investigation turned out to be a witch hunt and now his IRS investigation has done the same. Meanwhile no investigation of the wiretapping which is a genuine scandal because the Republicans know that any investigation of Obama will raise questions about why they supported the same behavior (and worse) under Bush.

Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:04:35 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,411
Buz wrote:
The IRS really dropped the ball all the way around on this one. The apology was good but every employee taking part in that conspiracy should be fired. It is an outrage that they have not been.

No group whatsoever should be singled out for such action whether they be conservative, liberal, or middle of the pack. The Federal government should do its due diligence to purge the IRS or any other government agency of anyone who would do such a thing.

And for that matter conservative groups have the same right as liberal groups to apply for tax-exempt status and deserve the same consideration. Anything else would be total discrimination. Discrimination comes from bigotry! Bigotry can work from either the right or the left! Bigotry should not be tolerated in any form! Unless stopped bigotry begets itself, grows into a cultural monster and you get something like the Spanish Inquisition, The Third Reich, or The Cultural Revolution. Freedom thrives in a culture of tolerance.


Good Gool Miss Molly!!! I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!!!!!

Personally at the very fuckin' least the goober that headed up the IRS at the time of this outrage needs to be Shitcanned immediately, Barred from Public Service FOREVER and oh what the Hell...take them outside and stripped to boxers and sox or panties and bra and then TARRED AND FEATHERED!!!

All IRS employees involved same deal INCLUDING Tarred and Feathered. Since all this happened on Obummers watch he should STEP DOWN and STEP OFF!!

Wowie!!! And here silly ole me thought this was JUST a Kinky Sex Site!! This place Rocks The House!!!!!!Sword Fight
Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:21:29 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,411
Buz wrote:
The IRS doesn't have to work by the same ethical code as federal & state law enforcement officials do. The US Congress needs to put an end to that. The IRS should be required to get subpoenas and operate the same as the FBI, ATF, and your local police when investigating cases. The legal concept of 'innocent until proven guilty' is not used by the IRS. They are bullies and in our current system, the IRS can be used for political gain by whichever party is in power. They can also act on their own to harass groups because of possible political affiliation or according to their beliefs. We as citizens can do something about that. Lobby your congressperson for serious IRS change. This is the time to do because right now after they've been caught for wrong doing, the IRS is vulnerable.


Well Buz did you know that the IRS has a large order in for (I believe) thousands of Colt AR15s??

Now what the HELL would the IRS need with agents armed with thousands of AR15s???Sword Fight
Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 10:22:23 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,411
overmykneenow wrote:
Fishy maybe - but is it wrong?

I would think it stands to reason to suspect that organisations that name themselves after a protest on direct taxation might be more predisposed towards avoiding tax.

It's a bit like people driving high-horsepower cars being singled out at speedchecks - it's not fair but if they aren't breaking the speed limit what do they have to worry about?


It's pretty simple really...

NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a PRIMARY REASON I NEVER OC!!!!!!!!

Am I being detained or am I FREE TO GO???

Chance police encounter?? Know YOUR RIGHTS!!!

Never Consent To A Search!!!

I have nothing to say without my attorney present.
Buz
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 11:41:42 AM

Rank: The Linebacker

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 5,824
Location: Atlanta, United States
The IRS is an out of control government agency, drunk with power, and rife with corruption. They need their government credit cards revoked and to be brought under direct and very strict supervision of the US Congress. All upper management of the IRS should be fired for corruption and incompetence. Anyone of them testifying before Congress has the right to plead the Fifth Amendment to avoid prosecution, because they do not have to give testimony that incriminates their own illegal activity, but they do not have the right to challenge being fired from their job by doing so. So fire them! A serious Taxpayer Bill of Rights needs to be passed. Demand serious action from your Congressional representatives!

Monocle
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:45:22 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 300
Holy crap there's a lot of sloganeering going on. The IRS, like any agency - federal government or not - can and does overreach its authority occasionally and to different degrees. This particular case of tax-exempt applications - from conservative *and liberal* groups was one such example and needed to be reigned in and the responsible parties disciplined and/or removed. It doesn't mean the entire organization is corrupt to the bones. It doesn't mean the White House issued any orders or hinted coded desires to target 'the only true patriots left in the country'.

As for the IRS criminal investigation division having guns... they've had them long before the Obama administration began. CI has been active for over 90 years.

SpankMe, you're certainly free to post your breathless, fact-free rants here all you want, but you'll get a warmer reception for them on free republic or fox nation where histrionics are all you need to prove your point.
CleverFox
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:32:34 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/25/2012
Posts: 482
Location: United States
Guest wrote:


Well Buz did you know that the IRS has a large order in for (I believe) thousands of Colt AR15s??

Now what the HELL would the IRS need with agents armed with thousands of AR15s???Sword Fight


Obviously the IRS is planning an armed takeover of the USA because the entire US military could not stand against IRS agents armed with thousands of AR15s.

Seriously, why does any law enforcement agency needs firearms?
Bad_4You
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 5:09:29 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/10/2010
Posts: 157
Location: United States
That's it, abolish the IRS and Buz for President!!!
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.