Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Replying to the Moderator who approves your story? Options · View
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2013 7:54:11 PM

I do try to remember to send a thank you note when accepted. It's only polite. Still trying to figure out how to stuff enough cash in that little note envelope though.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2013 8:01:36 PM

yourmisterdark wrote:
I do try to remember to send a thank you note when accepted. It's only polite. Still trying to figure out how to stuff enough cash in that little note envelope though.

just keep sending pictures of unicorn shit and dragon vomit, and we'll be square.
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2013 8:01:53 PM

yourmisterdark wrote:

I like your thank-you's you're one of my favorite authors to deal with because of how pleasant you are. *gives you my nice person stamp of approval* Shhh don't tell anyone angel7
Jayne33
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 1:23:44 AM

I have only recently become a moderator, and before I started volunteering I hadn't realised quite what was involved. I think the team do an amazing job, and make Lush the fantastic site it is.

As with most things in life there are good and bad sides to being a moderator. Having to remain polite when you receive a nasty message from someone who is unhappy about the rejection of their story being one of the more difficult aspects of volunteering.

Situations like that are easier to handle, when you also get the great side of being a moderator, that includes being thanked by the authors. As my other fellow moderators have said, giving thanks isn't a must, but it sure is appreciated.

Hugs

The Game by Jayne33

A Trans Atlantic Affair By Milik Redman & Jayne33

Liz
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 2:19:48 AM

I think it is only polite and I would hope that everyone who publishes their work on here is thankful for the time and effort that the moderators put in.
I make a point of always thanking the mods of my stories, even if they are at first rejected.
In the unlikely event that I ever missed anyone out, I would like to rectify that situation now :)

Thank you!

monica3
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 3:05:05 AM

I always reply to thank them for their time and often wise advice. They are, I think, volunteers and must have to read so much and of a variety of quality. I thank them all.
Noreasonneeded
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 3:09:19 AM

You know, I'm kind of new here, but I'm so damned impressed with the moderators that when I updated my profile included a mention for them! love10
I had cause to thank a Mod before even submitting my first story (newbie!). I think I have thanked everyone who has approved a story, and if I missed one, my apologies, and thanks; belatedly.

I can't imagine what y'all go through, and can't appreciate it enough. Sounds silly, forced to endure reading erotica, but it can't be all thrills and giggles. So here's to you, and I'll keep saying thank you every time. And if I forget, I expect appropriate punishment...

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/new-lesson.aspx
nicola
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 3:23:58 AM

The moderators are unpaid, and give their time freely.

A little thanks, goes a long way.

They do a brilliant job, and without them, this site wouldn't exist in the way it does.
HotBttmInBriefs
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 3:33:39 AM

I always try to send at least a thank you back and if I can I throw in a you rock or something to that effect.

sprite
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 1:24:27 PM

Noreasonneeded wrote:
You know, I'm kind of new here, but I'm so damned impressed with the moderators that when I updated my profile included a mention for them! love10
I had cause to thank a Mod before even submitting my first story (newbie!). I think I have thanked everyone who has approved a story, and if I missed one, my apologies, and thanks; belatedly.

I can't imagine what y'all go through, and can't appreciate it enough. Sounds silly, forced to endure reading erotica, but it can't be all thrills and giggles. So here's to you, and I'll keep saying thank you every time. And if I forget, I expect appropriate punishment...

highlighted for truthiness. and thank you, NRN. :)

edit: for those curious, i always mod in the nude. just thought i'd share. angel7
clum
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 2:02:59 PM

sprite wrote:
highlighted for truthiness. and thank you, NRN. :)

edit: for those curious, i always mod in the nude. just thought i'd share. angel7

Same. Pics HERE. ;)

The lion is most lionlike when he roars.
Liz
Posted: Friday, June 07, 2013 2:31:44 PM

clum wrote:

Same. Pics HERE. ;)

Still bloody falling for it!!! d'oh!

TxSwinger
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:28:17 PM

send a thank you - or an apology (damn you quotation mark rules!). Most of the time they even respond back with a 'you're welcome' or 'please, never write again' lol. Like to show them I appreciate the time they put into verifying and correcting all the stories so we all have good stuff to read
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:31:23 PM

Jayne33 wrote:
I have only recently become a moderator, and before I started volunteering I hadn't realised quite what was involved. I think the team do an amazing job, and make Lush the fantastic site it is.

As with most things in life there are good and bad sides to being a moderator. Having to remain polite when you receive a nasty message from someone who is unhappy about the rejection of their story being one of the more difficult aspects of volunteering.

Situations like that are easier to handle, when you also get the great side of being a moderator, that includes being thanked by the authors. As my other fellow moderators have said, giving thanks isn't a must, but it sure is appreciated.

Hugs

You get it.

Thank you for your assistance.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2013 7:57:00 PM

I thought it went without saying, that if somebody does something for you, a thank you was appropriate. These wonderful people are giving their time to check our submissions, when they could be off doing something for themselves - writing for instance, or........
boobieflash2 . So a round of applause for the Mods please.
DanielleX
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:51:03 PM

As a newbie to the mod team, I don't expect it, but a note of thanks leaves a warm glow

My new story written in collaboration with Buz Bono
Noreasonneeded
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:14:32 AM

DanielleX wrote:
As a newbie to the mod team, I don't expect it, but a note of thanks leaves a warm glow

Looking forward to the opportunity to thank you.
Thanks in advance for volunteering!

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/new-lesson.aspx
trinket
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 8:38:32 AM

sprite wrote:

just keep sending pictures of unicorn shit and dragon vomit, and we'll be square.

You LOVE the unicorn shit? awww and I wondered why my stories got approved so quickly! Big Hugs

I like to think I've always remembered to thank a Mod at the time, but I'll throw in a few extra just in case. You do an amazing job and thanks for volunteering your time. It is very much appreciated.

keoloke
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:41:33 AM

I'm neither a writer or Mod, but if anyone does something for you.. a thank you is always in order.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
CenterLine
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:43:35 AM

Huh. I just assumed it would be an unwelcome waste of their inbox space. Glad to hear I was wrong. I will probably start doing that. To everybody who has read and approved my stories, thanks a bunch.
Ardentmale
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 12:48:06 PM

I have always thanked the person who approved my stories... It is just common courtesy and I do appreciate them taking the time to read, provide feedback and approve my work...

characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
sprite
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 4:08:17 PM

fuck the story mods. i'm an artist. they should bow down to me and be grateful they get to read my work. they are insignificant little pisants compared to me and entirely beneath my notice. why should i thank them? they should thank me!
Dani
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 4:26:36 PM

sprite wrote:
fuck the story mods. i'm an artist. they should bow down to me and be grateful they get to read my work. they are insignificant little pisants compared to me and entirely beneath my notice. why should i thank them? they should thank me!

My sentiments exactly. Fuck 'em all...and not literally. thefinger jerk

We're tiny. We're toony. We're all a little looney. And in this cartoony, we're invading your TV.

sprite
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 4:30:37 PM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:

My sentiments exactly. Fuck 'em all...and not literally. thefinger jerk

the forum mods can all bite me too. Regaeman Man
Dani
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 4:33:59 PM

sprite wrote:

the forum mods can all bite me too. Regaeman Man

ESPECIALLY the forum mods! Fuck them all entirely! And again...not literally!

We're tiny. We're toony. We're all a little looney. And in this cartoony, we're invading your TV.

Bad_4You
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 4:43:24 PM

I try to remember to send a thank you after my story is approved. It's not every day that people approve of me!
DLizze
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 6:55:17 PM

sprite wrote:

Yes, and oh my God, didn't we though?

Now that I am no longer a mod, I feel it is my duty to hassle them as much as possible. Especially Steph, that little weasel. :)

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
BabydollSlave
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 7:04:59 PM

I apologize now for not sending thankyous...i like Center...thought you have enough in your boxes to read....gomen....thanks for all my approvals...and help getting there.

my newest :)
Katje
Posted: Friday, July 05, 2013 11:37:54 PM

I've only done it with the one Mod, and it started because he needed verification because I mentioned that I'd posted the story initially on another site. We became friends, and since then, my appreciation for the story mods has grown immensely! I hope one day to be able to volunteer, as reading is as big of a passion for me as writing is.

It's a wonderful circle, and if telling a Mod thanks for approving my story can brighten their day/night ... I'm all for it!

WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, July 06, 2013 12:05:14 AM

sprite wrote:

you spelled piss ants - wrong. 1 demerit

* Personally, I prefer to kiss moderator asses. It works out better in the long run. Right, DM?

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.