Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Thoughts on Anthony Weiner's wife - Huma Abedin? Options · View
FitBusinessPro
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:21:22 AM

Married people out there - is Anthony Weiner's wife incredibly naive, or incredibly supportive?
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:36:17 AM

I don't think she's neither naive. nor 'supportive'. When you're groomed to be a politician's wife, that's really all you have. I think at this point their marriage is over...probably has been for a long time, and she's standing by him more for herself than for him. Sadly, that's how a lot of these political marriages end up.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

Ruthie
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:49:34 PM

She married a Wiener, and now she has to deal with the consequences. She knew he was a Wiener when she married him, so she doesn't get any sympathy from me.
principessa
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:23:27 PM

Huma Abedin has a long history with the Clintons. She is politically savvy. I would guess that this is a political decision, not naiveté.

Buz
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:36:20 PM

Being a politician's wife is a career as much as a marriage. We can only speculate as to what goes on in private between them. She reminds me of Hilary Clinton in a way. I saw a great documentary about Bill Clinton on PBS. Their friends tried to warn her about Bill's infidelities while they were just engaged. But Hilary felt Bill's political potential was just too great and she went ahead with the marriage. I am sure she got out of the relationship just what she wanted.

By the way if you ever get a chance to meet President Clinton in person, he is a very charming, personable, and extremely likable. He truly makes you feel awesome for just getting to meet him. Somehow I don't think Anthony Weiner has that same winning trait or even anything close.

Dani
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:41:59 PM

Ruthie wrote:
She married a Wiener, and now she has to deal with the consequences. She knew he was a Wiener when she married him, so she doesn't get any sympathy from me.

Thank you so much for this.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:01:35 PM

It's hard to say what's going on behind closed doors between those two, and it's of course none of our business. But what kind of offends me is the fact that she's made to stand there like a show pony at an auction while he admits to sending dick pics to women on the internet. I realize there's a likely a political calculation that goes into that, but goddammit Anthony, get your ass up there and handle this on your own. Don't use your wife as a symbol of your fallible humanity, and a public reminder that you're still loved. You're a repugnant human being who follows incredibly bad choices with more (and the same!) bad choices.

And if it was Huma Abedin's idea to stand there and read that statement, then fine, but don't expect our sympathies while you continue to submit yourself to emotional infidelity and abuse within your marriage.
OZ_Tech
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 8:37:38 PM

LadyX wrote:
It's hard to say what's going on behind closed doors between those two, and it's of course none of our business. But what kind of offends me is the fact that she's made to stand there like a show pony at an auction while he admits to sending dick pics to women on the internet. I realize there's a likely a political calculation that goes into that, but goddammit Anthony, get your ass up there and handle this on your own. Don't use your wife as a symbol of your fallible humanity, and a public reminder that you're still loved. You're a repugnant human being who follows incredibly bad choices with more (and the same!) bad choices.

And if it was Huma Abedin's idea to stand there and read that statement, then fine, but don't expect our sympathies while you continue to submit yourself to emotional infidelity and abuse within your marriage.

Lapplause Well said
ByronLord
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:30:09 PM

Maybe they are into swinging or the poly scene. Assuming that a woman jealously guards her mate is not always correct.

The problem here isn't the infidelity, its the exhibitionism. Wiener can line up willing females on his office desk and bang them in turn for all I care. But sending nude selfie shots to random women on the net is the net equivalent of standing on a street corner and flashing passing women.

It isn't his wife's call.

Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 11:30:41 PM

Don't feel so bad for Huma.

She sent me a picture of her vag once. Loose lips sink ships, as they say.

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:12:59 AM

Nobody is going to elect a guy that's dumb enough to get caught twice. It just speaks to his general carelessness and inability to learn from his mistakes - not very reassuring character traits. Getting over the first hump of public apologies and embarrassment and then going right back out and sinking a political career just to have mediocre sext-athons with a girl that basically looks exactly like your wife is just lame. I feel bad for Huma in the sense that the pressure to stick it out with this dumbass is probably overriding her common sense because she's trapped in the 'wife-of-a-politician' vortex.

Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:09:18 PM

This whole scene just goes to show that you can have all the education in the world and still be a fuckin numbnuts.Incredibly stupid all the way around.
mommylisa
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:39:38 PM

Anthony Weiner blames his latest sexting scandal on stress with his wife. He’s just lucky he married Huma Abedin instead of Lorena Bobbitt.
Metilda
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:36:23 PM

What he did was no different than what countless married couples have done on lush. Maybe she doesn't care? Maybe she's like all the wife-lovers and thinks he's sexy for it?

Who knows. I'm not in their marriage so I won't bother to judge with what she 'should' do - that's ridiculous.

Down side to being involved with a politician: private issues go painfully public.

Available as an ebook through All Romance, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, and others.
1lush
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 5:25:37 PM

If she can live with what is going on then why should anyone else care. The life of a person in office seems way to interesting an news worthy when it comes to a scandal. I mean if it was you or me doing this only our spouse's opinion matters not the evening news.
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:08:53 PM

"Don't use your wife as a symbol of your fallible humanity, and a public reminder that you're still loved. You're a repugnant human being."

You had me at "don't." Don't support this ass. Don't feign love. You've just undermined what those on conservative sides continuously espouse on, and do so ad nauseam. Faith and continuity of marriage. Thou shalt not, and so forth. No, you don't get a simple reprieve because she stands by her man. You Mrs. are a contradiction to marriage in any ideology. You Mr. are just boring, and stupid enough to get caught.

The electorate will probably vote you in due to their short span of attention and their continuous levy of accepted bullshit. It's sad. She's sad. A pathetic show all around.
ByronLord
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:35:56 PM

Metilda wrote:
What he did was no different than what countless married couples have done on lush. Maybe she doesn't care? Maybe she's like all the wife-lovers and thinks he's sexy for it?

He did what Clarence Thomas did: he made sexual advances to the women in a way that they found sleazy.

Now we can have a discussion on whether the women were over-sensitive, etc. etc. But sending unsolicited dickpics or sticking pubic hairs on people's drinks is not what I consider to be romantic.

adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:19:01 PM

The same thing is going on here. Drain the pond and see the catfish scatter. Let's not lie about the truth.

[
Metilda
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 6:33:00 AM

ByronLord wrote:

He did what Clarence Thomas did: he made sexual advances to the women in a way that they found sleazy.

Now we can have a discussion on whether the women were over-sensitive, etc. etc. But sending unsolicited dickpics or sticking pubic hairs on people's drinks is not what I consider to be romantic.

I'm unconcerned with their marital issues. The reason: is because when it comes to politicians they're privy to false rumors and other things. I've jumped to conclusions in the past and have been wrong. So I now just refrain from basing my views on those things altogether.

I'm more interested with her interest bunglings and how they conflict - many fingers, many pies.

Available as an ebook through All Romance, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, and others.
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 1:03:30 PM

She is one of Hillary Clintons people and like her she has little or no love for the fool she is married to. If you noticed at the so called news conference when he first mentioned her she backed away then moved back. It was a reaction of her true feelings. But they are both political blood suckers and like the Clintons they have to stay together for "political" reasons, not for family or love. Like most people obsessed with power (you see it not only in politics) he can't help himslef. He can't quit.

As for sexual acts, we all have our other side. (None of us would be on here if we didn't) But there is a line between knowing you are acting on sexual fun or fantacy and being a sicko and he crossed the line. We have all made advantaces to someone who didn't want them. That doesn't make us a sexual pervert, but we knew to back off. It is life. Sometimes you click sometimes you don't. The women he has been making contact with accepted his contact, but changed their mind later. Unlike the pervert who is the mayor of San Diego.

He is unqualified to be mayor of any size city. He is the type of blood sucker (like the mayor of Chicago, the former mayor of Los Angles and Washington D.C. just to name a few) who is corrupt and can not be trusted to look after the safety and welfare of the city. The sad thing is he is backed by big money (and big money expects a return ask any of the outfits that backed the people in Washington) and he actually has people who will vote for him. The money people are gangsters, but the people who would vote for such a person are the real low life. They are the ones that would put such people in charge of our money and our freedom.

But as far as his wife being with him for love, you can bet he sleeps on the couch with his back to the wall.
malebox
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2013 2:20:58 PM

They deserve each other. Both are very unattractive people. Both are very shallow. Both remind me of guinea pigs in a cage.
mommylisa
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:22:51 AM

Anthony Weiner gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "junk mail"d'oh!
MadMartigan
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:57:44 PM

What a mess.

Both him and his wife and his campaign.

That's all I gotta say.
Ruthie
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:37:48 PM

mommylisa wrote:
Anthony Weiner gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "junk mail"d'oh!

Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 1:17:50 AM

ScottFord wrote:
He is the type of blood sucker (like the mayor of Chicago, the former mayor of Los Angles and Washington D.C. just to name a few) who is corrupt and can not be trusted to look after the safety and welfare of the city. The sad thing is he is backed by big money (and big money expects a return ask any of the outfits that backed the people in Washington) and he actually has people who will vote for him. The money people are gangsters, but the people who would vote for such a person are the real low life. They are the ones that would put such people in charge of our money and our freedom.

So let me get this straight...every time we vote for someone we are lowlifes? Thats what you're saying Scott cuz they are all backed by money. Big money. And I hope they're not all 'gangsters', as you call them. Or are you just cherry-picking again? Anyone can cherry pick any candidate and say mean and nasty things about them (I am not referring to Weiner or that fool from San Diego here. These guys are too easy.) You can say any candidate can't be trusted. And you sure do cherry pick 'em, Scott. Just sayin.

About Huma...she must be playing the candidates wife role. I hope so anyways cuz anyone who stays with a man after the embarrassment Weiner set himself up for and then continued the behavior after his disgraceful exit either really, really loves the guy or is staying together for the sake of the family or is staying for political reasons.

ByronLord
Posted: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:57:23 AM

The real scandal isn't the infidelity, its the sexual harassment angle. Weiner first got in trouble for sending unsolicited crotch shots to a constituent.

Weiner is really the online equivalent of a flasher in a dirty mac. But the media doesn't want to dwell on that part because that particular story doesn't teach anything about the importance of monogamy and marital fidelity.

Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 3:48:49 PM

Kristind wrote:

So let me get this straight...every time we vote for someone we are lowlifes? Thats what you're saying Scott cuz they are all backed by money. Big money. And I hope they're not all 'gangsters', as you call them. Or are you just cherry-picking again? Anyone can cherry pick any candidate and say mean and nasty things about them (I am not referring to Weiner or that fool from San Diego here. These guys are too easy.) You can say any candidate can't be trusted. And you sure do cherry pick 'em, Scott. Just sayin.

About Huma...she must be playing the candidates wife role. I hope so anyways cuz anyone who stays with a man after the embarrassment Weiner set himself up for and then continued the behavior after his disgraceful exit either really, really loves the guy or is staying together for the sake of the family or is staying for political reasons.

I think you read me wrong. The names I mentioned you can check and find out that yes they are corrupt. And you are right about them being too easy. They fill the point I was making. I didn't mention ALL politicans. I vote for those I think are honest and keep their word and care for their people. I want that freedom to pick. I give money to candidates (but I never give money to a Party). But regardless of what the Sup. Court says, I think we have a right to know who is behind each politician.

Anyone who tries to take our vote away is a lowlife and I think you agreee with that. And the ex mayor of L.A. uses his wifes last name. I'll let you check out why. And yes I think Mr. Weiner's wife is playing the role. Watch her body language when she is next to him. It politics. She has to play the part. He needs help, but first he has to admit to himself it is a problem and not just because his campaign manager says to in front of the cameras. If there is a corrupt politican or one who has problems such as this man, remember they don't just get into office. People elect them and put them there. And when they fail and therer is proof that they are not doing the people any good then we have a duty to see they are put out of office and don't run again.

There are a few million people in this country. We don't need the same people in office year after year and have some of them get rich off the people and hurt our freedoms. There is all ways someone out there better to replace them. And anyone who votes strictly "party" instead of the candidate is a want a be slave. That is what dictatorships are, one party system.

The mayor of San Diego has done a lot of bad for the city. But that is something you have to look at for yourself. He needs help with his sickness just as Weiner does and I hope both get it. But both regardless if it is a sickness they are not good leaders and should not hold any office.
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 4:20:41 PM

ScottFord wrote:

I think you read me wrong.

I wish I could observe you in your natural habitat.

Posted: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 7:40:50 PM

ScottFord wrote:

I think you read me wrong. The names I mentioned you can check and find out that yes they are corrupt. And you are right about them being too easy. They fill the point I was making. I didn't mention ALL politicans. I vote for those I think are honest and keep their word and care for their people. I want that freedom to pick. I give money to candidates (but I never give money to a Party). But regardless of what the Sup. Court says, I think we have a right to know who is behind each politician.
And the ex mayor of L.A. uses his wifes last name. I'll let you check out why.
There are a few million people in this country. We don't need the same people in office year after year and have some of them get rich off the people and hurt our freedoms. There is all ways someone out there better to replace them. And anyone who votes strictly "party" instead of the candidate is a want a be slave. That is what dictatorships are, one party system.

Alright Scott, I'm going to try to do what you do so well. I'm going to "cherry-pick" your statements on those you pointed to be corrupt.

#1 cherry-picking adventure is on corrupt politician Rahm Emanuel.

I researched Rahm Emanuel and to be honest with you...the only media that I could find that responded to corruption allegations against him were right-wing blogs and right leaning media such as The Christian Science Monitor, Glen Beck, of course he'd be in the mix, Judicial Watch. Need I say more? There was a left wing site, The Daily Kos, who attacked the mayor for not making the school system more transparent. Furthermore, any allegations of corruption were accusations with no facts. The Judicial Watch listed politicians it deemed corrupt. What do you think was the common thread? SURVEY SAYS...they were all democrats. Not one republican on their list. Just more bloviating from the right which I will not acknowledge since we both know why they do such a thing. I was not able to find anything else.

#2 cherry-picking adventure

This quest up-ended a lot of accusations but the funny thing is...most of the allegations were leveled by his political enemies. Seems he did like to indulge in a bit of nepotism tho. And he likes an L.A. Laker ringside seat. Oh, and the whole thing about his last name...his birth name was Villar. His ex-wife's maiden last name Raigosa. After a rather ugly family dispute with alleged abuse by his biological father toward his mother and then family abandonment by that man, he chose to change his name. But really...it's not what you made it out to be...and no - I didn't misunderstand what you said. Villaraigosa was never his ex-wife's last name until they got married. And yeah, his ex-wife has requested him to revert back to Villar and has requested he drop her portion of the last name. Only a right wing blog would twist this in an effort to cast a lefty in a bad light. What I found shows it ain't the truth. If you have some smoking gun evidence somewhere I'd sure like to see it. Ya gotta stay away from those right wing blogs, Scott. I tell ya...they'll mess you up.

#3 cherry-picking adventure took me to Mayor Barry.

Yeah...had a drug problem. I can point to too many who have alcohol problems including a certain House Speaker who has been well known for imbibing before going on the floor of our nations House of Representatives. Barry seems to have righted that wrong. The only other "corruption" I could find was a censure for violating conflict of interest laws for receiving gifts from contractors. Okay...if you want me to list the many, many, many politicians and judges on the right who have been accused of the same violation with NO repercussions I would start at Supreme Court Justice Thomas, Supreme Court Justice Scalia and Vice President Dick Cheney. But the length of the list and reasons would piss off readers...so I won't.

I also assert that unless a candidate that you support and give money to sits on the right hand of God...then I can find fault just like you do with those you don't support. For cryin' out loud, why are Thomas Jefferson and George Washington seen as clean, unstained and un-stainable politicians. They weren't. They twisted arms, blackmailed and forced their way into forging this country's democracy. None of them are pure. So, while trying to sound intelligent you actually peel away away another layer that reveals your source and your leanings.

Oh, by the way...there are no politicians who sit on the right hand of God.

But we do agree that the life-time politician should come to an end.
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 4:32:16 PM

Wow Kristind, I didn't say you couldn't vote for corrupt and poor leaders. First as far as the San Diego Mayor, he has crossed the line from harrasment to abuse. That is jail time no mater what party he belongs to.

As for the others talk to people in their city. I wouldn't go too much about what the media says as there really isn't one anymore. (the media is not suppose to be right or left, their duty is to report facts not be puppets of one bunch of fools or another) But if I did even the left has said things about those I have mentioned but that is not the point of this post and if I changed the subject by giving examples of other poor leaders I am sorry. Post should be kept on topic.

And I am not attacking anyone on here. All the people on Lush are great people and each has their own right to follow and believe who they desire. I up set you because the bad ones I showed were all democrats (and it isn't important if you believe me or not, but I wasn't thinking of their party, but their records) and that is not fair. I said I don't vote a party line and I don't. Believe me there are just as many corrupt Republicans that should be added to this list. To be fair I will allow you to list them if the others will allow us to go off subject just one more time. (One example and they are not mayors, but Senators, are the senators from Alaska. They are both corrupt as the night is long in December in Alaska. I'll give you that for a head start.)

But I still hold by everything I said. And thank you for the information on God. I wasn't sure what party he belonged too and to be honest there are a lot of good people who serve in the government and I'm sure they end up in heaven even if they don't sit on his right hand side. Others, well they buy a ticket for the other place. Before you get mad I just joking around.

And I am glad that we both agree on life time politicans. And the truth is we both agree on everything else really about the Mayor San of Diego and people who are not qualified to hold office, but as free citizens you have those you follow and I have those I follow. It is great that we still live in a place where we can butt heads over politics without worrying that we will end up in jail for our thoughts.