Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Was 9-11 an inside job? Options · View
Monocle
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 9:38:09 PM

"We'll never know" is an excuse not to know.
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, August 08, 2013 9:52:59 PM

I would imagine that there would be some reward or goal for the American government to orchestrate 9/11, no? If it were to be an inside job, what was the point? What did they want to get out of it? An excuse to invade Iraq? That's what we did as a result. To be honest, we didn't need 9/11 to invade Iraq. They could have faked an attack on an embassy or boat or something much easier and in a less sinister way. Why kill thousands when a couple deaths would have done the same trick? They could have just said they found WMDs like they said and invaded anyway. Same thing with Afghanistan. We could have just said that we were fed up with the Taliban and its abuse of human rights and invaded and we would have looked ten times better in the eyes of the world than we did after 9/11. Was it money? If it was about the insurances of these buildings... They could have brought them down at night and reduced casualties. I just don't see what the reward for the conspirators would be.

lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2013 6:43:14 AM

Magical_felix wrote:
I would imagine that there would be some reward or goal for the American government to orchestrate 9/11, no? If it were to be an inside job, what was the point? What did they want to get out of it? An excuse to invade Iraq? That's what we did as a result. To be honest, we didn't need 9/11 to invade Iraq. They could have faked an attack on an embassy or boat or something much easier and in a less sinister way. Why kill thousands when a couple deaths would have done the same trick? They could have just said they found WMDs like they said and invaded anyway. Same thing with Afghanistan. We could have just said that we were fed up with the Taliban and its abuse of human rights and invaded and we would have looked ten times better in the eyes of the world than we did after 9/11. Was it money? If it was about the insurances of these buildings... They could have brought them down at night and reduced casualties. I just don't see what the reward for the conspirators would be.

If 9/11 was an inside job the main reward I'd see would be the nearly total ground swell of support for the US government and Pres. W. Bush got to invade Iraq. What better way to get just a few more Democrats to vote "yes" to begin the war. He pretty much got a free pass to do whatever he wanted. Not to mention the American people, so swept up in patriotism and anger/revenge, went right along with everything. They could have killed fewer people via embassy or boat, but those places have soldiers and bureaucrats that "chose" that line of work. 9/11 killed "normal" people, just like the rest of us. In our biggest city, in our most iconic buildings. That creates a far greater emotional response. (on a side note, an embassy attack has proven to not quite cause the same reaction by both parties, Bengazi is still getting the typical responses from conservatives and liberals that one would expect)

Also, it kept the liberal minded media and celebrity types out of the equation. Had Pres W. gone in without 9/11 there would have been more/earlier questions about his oil interests and Halliburton and all that stuff.

I'm not saying 9/11 was an inside job, honestly I haven't done enough research on it. But if it were an inside job, that's possible reason/reward it may have been done. A blank check by America. IMO.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
angieseroticpen
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2013 8:53:19 AM

I would doubt it but the handling of it has cost America $6 Trillion as well its credibility.

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
1ball
Posted: Friday, August 09, 2013 12:52:31 PM

The obvious reward is the growth of the role of the federal government through the subsequent erosion of civil rights. The Patriot Act, warrantless wiretapping, Gitmo, drone strikes, etc. I'm not saying it was an inside job, just that those who may have craved a more authoritarian government got one. It probably didn't hurt to hold stock in certain companies or to have certain skills that would be valuable in a more security conscious world. Power and money appeal to some.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust