Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Why do so many Asian women not shave? Options · View
Guest
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 1:46:35 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,806
Is it a cultural thing?
Dani
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:02:41 PM

Rank: Penguin Wrangler

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 4,066
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
Do you mean in general? Or just the pubic area?

Regardless of culture, I would think that shaving or not shaving came down to personal preference.



We're tiny. We're toony. We're all a little looney. And in this cartoony, we're invading your TV.

MadMartigan
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:15:31 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 6/17/2013
Posts: 1,919
Location: United States
slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:
Do you mean in general? Or just the pubic area?


Probably the pubic thing.

And I believe it is still more a cultural thing.

Japan is the land of super crazy fetishes after all.
She
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:16:39 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,052
Location: Europe
I am glad that this thread got unlocked, because I was wondering the same. It could be that is cultural/fashion thing. Maybe similar to the fact that muslim women wax all their body. Not sure how they do it in this 'modern era' but they used to do it with balls of wax heating them in their hands..
seeker4
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:29:00 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/17/2012
Posts: 2,889
Location: In the great, beautiful Cosmos, Canada
Let's not forget, folks, that this whole obsession with bare pubic regions is part of OUR modern culture. Not every culture shares it. Not everyone in our culture shares it (I, for one, like hair down there). It is even fairly new in ours (just look at seventies porn for proof of that).

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:
Do you mean in general? Or just the pubic area?

Regardless of culture, I would think that shaving or not shaving came down to personal preference.


One would hope so, slippery, as with a lot of cultural fetishes and taboos. Alas, there is often more than a little social pressure to conform to the current cultural norm. Just look at how every thread on whether or not women should have pubic hair seems to (in my experience and perception) lean to the "not" side. Just look at how tight jeans or Jennifer Aniston's hairstyle swept through our culture with nothing more than marketing and social pressure to drive them.

I suspect (know to some extent since my wife is from a different culture) that this goes in other cultures, too.



Recent Stories:

Looking for dessert? Try visiting...

Sweet Tasty Treats

He went looking for an interview. He found something more.

The Professor
She
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:36:35 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,052
Location: Europe
seeker4 wrote:
Let's not forget, folks, that this whole obsession with bare pubic regions is part of our culture. Not every culture shares it. Not everyone in our culture shares it (I, for one, like hair down there). It is even fairly new in ours (just look at seventies porn for proof of that).


No one here was making claims that that is bad thing. It is just a question out of curiosity. And when you say our culture, you mean by that USA, or catholic or..? Lush is a wee bigger than that..
seeker4
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 2:57:41 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/17/2012
Posts: 2,889
Location: In the great, beautiful Cosmos, Canada
She wrote:


No one here was making claims that that is bad thing. It is just a question out of curiosity. And when you say our culture, you mean by that USA, or catholic or..? Lush is a wee bigger than that..


Seems to be common in North America right now, which is where I am. Keep forgetting how international this board is.


Recent Stories:

Looking for dessert? Try visiting...

Sweet Tasty Treats

He went looking for an interview. He found something more.

The Professor
DanielleX
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:21:09 PM

Rank: Blonde Bombshell

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 1,332
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
What's the OP based on? I know two Asian girls. Both have neat, trimmed pussies. Very sweet too!



My new story written in collaboration with Buz Bono
Guest
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:24:16 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,806
DanielleX wrote:
What's the OP based on? I know two Asian girls. Both have neat, trimmed pussies. Very sweet too!


Nearly every Asian woman I have seen in real life and from the internet has sported a full bush lol
DutchMike88
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:29:08 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/17/2012
Posts: 118
Location: Netherlands
Is there really no Asian on this forum who could answer this question for her? I'm not Asian, but I've lived in Beijing for a year and I found it very unhygienic(on the other hand taxi-drivers usually only shower once a week over there).. anyway to continue my poor answer to the question..

It is indeed a cultural thing! I don't know the full story, but it comes down to this;
Girls who do not shave (anywhere) are "good girls" they're loyal and good wives(to be) or something like that. Therefor in summer girls usually have just as sweaty armpits as guys do.. think of it.. standing in a crowded bus full of sweaty Chinese.. get the picture ;)

Be happy you're much taller then they are! :)
Poppet
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:31:04 PM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,149
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
Hair... puke Can't get past that.

A Few Of My Favourites

Oral – Audio - Eating Of My Pussy
Erotic Poem - Audio - Sucking Cock
Reluctance – Masturbating Slut Exposed
Exhibitionism - Audio - Afternoon Park Delights
Masturbation - Audio - Recommended Read - Phone Sex
Masturbation - Audio - Recommend Read - Two AM Orgasms
Supernatural – Audio – Recommended Read - My Life As A Genie
Guest
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:57:07 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,806
A question Ive been asking myself. :) This reminds me of the time I heard from the radio an *assumption* that if a woman wears black underwear it is because shes ready to have sex because if she isnt, then why wear black and not the granny panties if you arent expecting anyone to see your underwear anyways? Relating the question to that, maybe it is because Asian women do not necessarily expect to have sex or to have someone who thinks it is not normal to to be unshaved to see it. Also maybe education and social status has to do with it. I am Asian, and I shave for hygienic reasons. I also think it looks so much better without all the hair ;)
orangelove
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:59:57 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/17/2013
Posts: 1,268
Location: Somewhere roaming
I think it comes down to personal preference to some extent. I'm half Asian and I like it when it's trimmed or well-shaven down there.

sprite
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 5:50:18 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 13,724
Location: My Tower, United States
Sexy_Talia wrote:


Nearly every Asian woman I have seen in real life and from the internet has sported a full bush lol


and we all know the internet never lies. ;)
naughtyannie
Posted: Saturday, October 05, 2013 10:59:51 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 1,339
Location: London, United Kingdom
I imagine it's a cultural thing - and the fact that they're just not so influenced by porno images of waxed pubes.

Click on the link below to visit my profile page, for award-winning filthy stories and arousing pics. Go on, it's just one click.

You know you want to...

http://www.lushstories.com/naughtyannie

You don't know what you're missing 'til you try it
simarkanpur
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 12:05:51 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/15/2012
Posts: 371
Location: KANPUR, India
i think it makes them feel sexy plus personally i like the smeel of sweat and perfume in underarms and sweaty pubic hair :) ;)
Guest
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 1:10:40 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,806
Asian covers a wide spectrum, South East Asians, Arabian people, and of course, oriental people. In my country's case, one thing would be, the clothing. I'm from India, and female clothing covers the legs, and almost everything up. So naturally, no need to shave areas that would be bare, as it's usually hairless places like the arms, the face, and the neck, sometimes the back. Sure nowadays, when women do wear western wear, they do remove underarm hair, shave the legs. But on the whole, women tend to keep their pubes.
musikboy
Posted: Sunday, October 06, 2013 2:29:13 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 4/24/2011
Posts: 93
I hate hair between on a woman except their head :P
Oniiunme
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:08:03 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 8/14/2012
Posts: 1
Im asian so i know a bit about these even thoe im a guy. Most asian women dont shave because they think that having a bald pubic area make them look like a little kid. And some men also think the same.
AnnieLuvsToFu
Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:57:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/28/2011
Posts: 160
Location: United States
I'm Japanese and was born and raised in Tokyo till I moved to States about 18 years ago.. Most women do not shave because it is not the normal thing to do and most people do not want to be unusual.. So it is cultural thing I think. Now I am totally bare and love it so does my husband and my boyfriends too so for me I like it. I go back to Japan every year and sometimes we go to public bath and last August we were in a Japanese hotel near Mt. Fuji and we went to public bath and I was the only woman there with bare pussy. Everybody stared at me but I don't mind now:)
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.