Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Remembering where you were on 9-11-01. Options · View
LYFBUZ
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 7:35:02 PM

I was at work waiting in our senior executive's reception area where his exec assistant had his TV on, watching it with tears streaming down her face. I was just dumbstruck. I had a meeting scheduled with the senior exec and I was sure the meeting would be cancelled. This was right about when the first tower fell. The exec arrived late, coming from a meeting where he had briefed his exec team on the events of the morning. The senior exec came in, brought me in to his office and just got down to our business like it was a normal day...while I watched the TV over his shoulder. I didn't fully appreciate or realize it at the time but he was determined to demonstrate resolute calm in the face of madness....
There are just no words that would convey my sympathies to the victims, their families and all whose lives were changed forever on that day
ByronLord
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 8:46:49 PM

I knew Danny Lewin at MIT. He came into my office to describe this scheme he had for speeding up the Web. He was the first person killed, stabbed to death trying to prevent the hijacking of Flight 11.

What I do not like is when politicians appear in front of cameras to tell us how we should feel about 9/11 or use it as a pretext for the latest war they want to start.

Red_Dragon
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 11:19:38 AM

I was in Newark NJ watching it across the bay

countrygirl58
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:29:02 PM

I was at work..and in the conference room in the room had a floor to huge TV and we all went in there and watched what was going on..
mowerman05
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:53:13 PM

I was starting my day late that day, Had the funeral for my father the day before. I had just gotten to my shop and turned the radio on . then all of a sudden they broke in with news. I was in an emotional fog as it was, so i locked the door, put up the closed sign, and went home and turned the tv on. watched it the rest of the day, Remember they were shutting down gas stations for price gouging, when some stations were charging $4 to $6 a gallon for gas..........
Tranquil
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:04:50 PM

Woke up to the news. My heart felt condolences to those whom lost someone.

[i]Poem : The Cyber Touch http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/the-cyber-touch.aspx
Poem : The Last Moments http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/the-last-moments.aspx
Story : One day only http://www.lushstories.com/stories/oral-sex/one-day-only.aspx
Poem: My Toy http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/my-toy.aspx#comments/i]

Sex is an emotion in motion (Mae West).
An Ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises (Mae West)
I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it. (Mae West)
DanielleX
Posted: Friday, October 04, 2013 11:18:31 AM

I was at primary school. I remember the teacher announcing it to everyone. She was a bit tearful, I think she must have seen the TV in the staff room or something. I didn't really watch the news when I was nine, but I've seen it on TV since and it's just horrific! If I'd have seen it then I think I'd have thought it was a film or something.

My new story written in collaboration with Buz Bono
Posted: Friday, October 25, 2013 10:07:15 PM

I was at the fire station waiting to go to training when the news came on and started showing what was happening. Training was canceled
Shaman
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:36:43 AM

I had worked over night and was in bed when my daughter came in and told me "the whole world has gone to hell".Found out later my son was on guard duty in Germany
keoloke
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:11:04 PM

I was in a store. People kept on walking in and shouting that something horrible was happening. They kept on asking for a TV. I went home nearby, grabbed one and put in on the counter and while the horrified and stunned customer and passerby were looking; the second plane hit. You know the rest.

Across the store there was a funeral home. It kept on having funerals daily for a long time.. most with only a photo enlargement on the hearse or the fire engine. They honored as much as the could. They were too many funerals going on in many counties.

Some never had a funeral (as we know).

.. I have some videos or that day.. to this day I have not watched them.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
buttercup2u
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:22:11 AM

Where I was on 9/11/2001....

Living in Hawaii, there is a 6 hour time difference between us and the east coast...I was asleep in bed but for some unknown reason, I woke up at about the time the first plane hit the towers. I got up and went to the computer to play solitaire hoping to get sleepy enough to go back to sleep so I would be alert enough to babysit my friends kids in the morning.

I remember feeling an unexplained sadness that was so deep that I was sitting at my computer sobbing as I played solitaire It is not my habit to turn on the tv in the morning, so I knew nothing about the attacks until my friend came over to drop off her kids several hours later. I had thought that the sorrow that I was feeling was due to some strife within our family and just the stress of day to day life.

As it turns out, one of my cousins lost her husband on flight 93. I never met him, but growing up, our families were all very close, and as it happens in all too many instances, our families kind of lost touch with one another as we got older and moved on into our own lives.

I will always remember what I was doing on 9/11/2001.
Blondie1940
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 1:17:03 PM

i remember being let out from school early, then being at home with my mom watching what was happening on tv.
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 1:28:13 PM

I was at work and getting ready to open the store when one of my employees came in and said a plane had hit one of the towers. I thought it might have been foggy and it was a small traffic plane when we put on the TV in the break room just as the second plane hit. I knew right away that it wasn't an accident. We were glued to the TV the rest of the day and it turned out one of my employees uncles was killed at the WTC. Truly a day I'll never forget.
sexkitten9991
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 9:23:21 PM

I remember being in 5th grade and in a classroom sitting at a desk. The teacher flipped the tv on and we sat there and watched as the towers fell and it being a very sad day.
iTz_JASMiNE
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:07:11 AM

I was in a suburb of NYC visiting my mom's cousin. I can't really remember much of it but my mom's cousin got out of the trade center and moved back to Tampa about a year later.
adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 10:41:33 AM

At my bookshop and heard it on the radio. I closed and went home to follow the news. I can't make light of this, like I do some other answers. A sad day for the US and the World.
WSCLG
Posted: Thursday, November 07, 2013 3:39:39 PM

I was at a Dr's appointment. I originally heard a small plane had struck one of the towers and thought to myself I hope this isn't something bigger. When I came out, both were down, another had hit the Pentagon, and one had been upstaged and crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. My initial thought was to nuke Afghanistan and turn it into a parking lot. Fat lot of good that would do was my next one. Now, here we are in 2013 and can we say we are really better for all the retribution we've attempted to hand out?

"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

DLizze
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 3:36:39 PM

don't recall for certain, but suppose I was probably at work. But I FOR DAMN SURE remember where I was when they killed President Kennedy. I suppose it is all a matter of perspective. After you've experienced the assassination of your president, a building blown up by some nut or several nuts is easier to keep in historical perspective. What the history books will note a hundred years from now is that the destruction of those buildings ushered in a new wave of paranoia, roughly equivalent to the "red scare" of the nineteen fifties, and provided an excuse to further our economic interests in the Middle East through overt war.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Lustyrose4u
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 8:26:01 PM

I was at home when my husband, a senior law enforcement agent at the time, called me to tell me that we were under enemy attack...
I didn't see him again for three days, I thanked God that he, and his men were OK.

"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
peaceful44
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 11:29:46 AM

At home watching the whole thing unfold on my TV. An image that I will remember for the rest of my life.
LASARDaddy
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:14:17 PM

At work in our design lab working on a new Central Office Computer design for telephone exchanges. I was talking to one of our female design engineers in Texas, I was in California, and she saw it first and started sobbing. I turned on a TV in the lab and the first image I saw was some of the vertical braces waving around.

I am still impressed by the responses of the people involved. I always wonder what I would have done if I was there. I hope I would have the ability to call my wife and tell her I loved her and say goodbye.

I remember Kennedy too.
SventheElder
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:30:41 PM

Working and someone had a radio on very quietly in the background - it was the sort of job where we could do that.
A news flash came up and within seconds we were all watching it on our computers - horrified.

I knew someone who was working in one of the buildings and mentally said good bye to him. As an outside chance I sent him an email. Incredibly he replied almost instantly. He'd been unwell on the way to work that day and had turned round and gone back to his hotel.

The remainder of his *crew* perished. I knew several of them as well as it turned out.

Such is fate.

RIP.
Ken_Riley
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 12:31:46 PM

I was laying in bed watching TV in Australia. It was around 9:30 PM. When the first plane hit, we thought it was part of a movie. Then the second plane hit and the commentator was describing it, and then we realized that it was REAL!!
kornslayer1
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 6:02:12 PM

I was in school. I was in the eighth grade, and in history class.

Thanks for reading my posts, now go to my profile, and check out my stories.
If you have, thanks for reading. It's always appreciated. I know I don't have a Recommended read, or Editors choice, but I think you'll be happy with any story you choose. I write the way I write, and try my best.

Tyking85
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:08:31 PM

Grade 10, Law Class. A couple of other classes joined our room, since we were one of the few rooms with cable.
SensualSharon
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:57:59 PM

I was watching the Today Show and saw it all live on t.v. I remember it all too well. My house is in a flight path of west bound planes from Toronto airport, and every morning there are countless jet trails in the sky of west bound planes. In the few days after when all planes were kept down, it was odd not seeing or hearing any planes in the sky. The horror those poor souls knew in their final hours and moments is unimaginable. The thought of having to choose to jump 1000 feet to your death or go down in a burning building, it's so horrific you can't even fathom it.
DLizze
Posted: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 10:49:03 PM

SensualSharon wrote:
In the few days after when all planes were kept down, it was odd not seeing or hearing any planes in the sky.

My house is about three miles from a navigation beacon that is used for all flights to and from Camp David. There were low-flying fighter planes over my house for the next couple of days. I had two windows broken by them. I thought then, and still do, that the US was over-reacting.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:08:23 AM

I was in grade six, just got off the bus and into class. Our teacher gave us all a blank piece of paper. She turned on the news and explained what was going on. She made us all make a thank you card. We were safe and alive, huge thing to be thankful for.
Mariashusband
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 7:59:55 PM

Was on a bus heading into Manhattan... Heading into the Midtown Tunnel. Will never forget the sight of the second plane hitting the tower and the fireball that came out of the building.
smoothwetkitty
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 10:36:57 PM

4th grade class. The schools closed early because we were in a major city between D.C and New York.