Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

I Am An Atheist. (Does that offend you?) Options · View
AngelHeart01
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:10:46 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/23/2010
Posts: 3,139
Location: ♥ Southern Style ♥, United States
stephanie wrote:


I am an Atheist.

I don't believe in God. (He doesn't and has never existed.)

Raised as a Roman Catholic, from a very young age I questioned the tenets of not only THAT church, but also the notion of a God Head, an afterlife, the concept of a 'soul' as defined by religion, the notion of a Spiritual Architect of our Universe, Santa Claus and The Tooth Fairy.

I endeavor and I believe I succeed in living a moral life to the best of my capability, drawing upon in truth MANY of the beliefs of the Bible I read as a child, HOWEVER, I practice those beliefs NOT because they were 'sent to me by God' but because it is simply a humanistic way to live.

"Treat others as you would wish to be treated."

I believe organized religion in all its forms is delusional and fractious. I believe that the practice of ANY organized religion divides us as a species and leads to violence, mistrust, hate and disorder.

I believe that the TOTAL and utter rejection of partizan religions would enable and encourage us as human beings to discover a way to live together in harmony and peace and solidarity, free from dogma, superstition, prejudice and hatred.

I believe that it's time to BURY a God who never really existed in the first place and move together towards a more rewarding and fulfilling sense of humanity, based on logic, basic morality and goodwill to our brothers and sisters worldwide.

xx SF




Merry Christmas Steph bootyshake
Dixie Rebel xx

MsQuin
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 10:19:08 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 11/1/2013
Posts: 6
Should it?

Atheist or Believer, it doesn't matter. . .
What matters are your actions.

Do good, Be good
:')
Curiosity72
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:44:25 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 5/3/2013
Posts: 67
Location: Australia
MsQuin wrote:
Should it?

Atheist or Believer, it doesn't matter. . .
What matters are your actions.

Do good, Be good
:')


Is so true .. Each to thier own until they start preaching to me..

I have my own beliefs that I keep to myself and think it's only right if others do the same
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:50:15 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
stephanie wrote:


Offend EVERYBODY...

(It gets things done...)

xx SF


haha i have offend a few people irl with my religious views but how can you believe in someone that is based from a book that was just stories passed down from person to person
Nikki703
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:37:37 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,669
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Curiosity72 wrote:


Is so true .. Each to thier own until they start preaching to me..

I have my own beliefs that I keep to myself and think it's only right if others do the same


THIS
She
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:36:07 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,158
Location: Europe
Magma_Boils_333 wrote:

which makes you a troll and I am going to leave and follow the instructions below:




I really have no intention to jump in, however, Magma boils, please, if you disagree with people when they are sharing their point of views, that doesnt mean that they are Trolls.
Please stop making personal accusations and insulting people on personal level.

EDIT: and is unwritten rule, that actually only moderators of the site can and dare to use Troll description for others.
overmykneenow
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:04:58 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,020
Location: United Kingdom
ImYourHuckleberry wrote:

The scary thing right now is that 46% of the US pays taxes... 47% collects some kind of Government assistance? Does that math work?


Off topic but according to the Tax Policy Centre 82% of US households paid either income tax or payroll tax in 2011.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/federal-taxes-households.cfm

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
angieseroticpen
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:34:18 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 8/24/2011
Posts: 770
Location: United Kingdom
God, no!

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
pegasus2126
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:29:05 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/18/2013
Posts: 281
Location: Sydney, Australia
Does not offend me cos I am an atheist
Monocle
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 4:44:57 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 300
overmykneenow wrote:


Off topic but according to the Tax Policy Centre 82% of US households paid either income tax or payroll tax in 2011.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/federal-taxes-households.cfm


Ding.

Also, good Christian Values would see sites like Lush criminalized, so there's a smidge of hypocrisy there.
AGreyFoxxx
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:18:11 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/20/2011
Posts: 194
Location: In your panties, ladies!, United States
Oh God, no! Why should it? Everyone is entitled to an opinion!
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:27:38 AM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
She wrote:


and is unwritten rule, that actually only moderators of the site can and dare to use Troll description for others.


Lovely. Thanks for that.

How about we either stay on topic, if that's possible, or at the very least not post ridiculous troll images for each other. If you feel compelled to call somebody a troll, make the better decision by not posting in this thread. I'm amazed that this is the biggest issue we've had in this thread so far. Let's not make it any worse from here on out.
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:28:29 AM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
stephanie wrote:


I am an Atheist.

I don't believe in God. (He doesn't and has never existed.)

Raised as a Roman Catholic, from a very young age I questioned the tenets of not only THAT church, but also the notion of a God Head, an afterlife, the concept of a 'soul' as defined by religion, the notion of a Spiritual Architect of our Universe, Santa Claus and The Tooth Fairy.

I endeavor and I believe I succeed in living a moral life to the best of my capability, drawing upon in truth MANY of the beliefs of the Bible I read as a child, HOWEVER, I practice those beliefs NOT because they were 'sent to me by God' but because it is simply a humanistic way to live.

"Treat others as you would wish to be treated."

I believe organized religion in all its forms is delusional and fractious. I believe that the practice of ANY organized religion divides us as a species and leads to violence, mistrust, hate and disorder.

I believe that the TOTAL and utter rejection of partizan religions would enable and encourage us as human beings to discover a way to live together in harmony and peace and solidarity, free from dogma, superstition, prejudice and hatred.

I believe that it's time to BURY a God who never really existed in the first place and move together towards a more rewarding and fulfilling sense of humanity, based on logic, basic morality and goodwill to our brothers and sisters worldwide.

xx SF



I'm not offended by your atheism any more than I'm offended by somebody else's theism. Like most other things, it's not the belief system itself that raises hackles, it's the way people apply it to themselves and others.

Christianity isn't offensive. Condemnation of those who don't observe the same values and lifestyles is offensive. If only we weren't such unrepentant sinners!

Islam isn't offensive. Murderous terrorists and institutionalized misogyny are offensive. If only us infidels would leave them alone, so that they could again move the bar in order to blackmail others and keep killing.

Atheism isn't offensive. The air of superiority and self-congratulation is offensive. If only the rest of us would see that all bad comes from faith, and that we're so intellectually lazy and evil-abetting by clinging to silly religions.

-

It seems that people are so insecure about their place in the universe that they're driven to not only trumpet their belief systems to the rest of the world but also tell everyone else why their differing belief systems are bullshit. To some extent it makes sense. Devout followers of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and others want to save others' souls. They feel it's part of their duty as believers. Many atheists feel it's their duty to share their disbelief in religion in order to advance the idea that they do more harm than good.

Either way, it's a beating to get confronted by these same talking points, over and over. Nobody's going to "prove" that their belief system is best for everyone, because everyone's after something different in life.

So my question, Stephanie, is this: what do you get out of generating this thread-convo? Is it not enough for you to simply be atheist? To tell others that their beliefs are ridiculous, are you seeking others to debate that point vociferously, or is that simply an essential part of your statement of belief? If so, that seems needlessly inflammatory. Perhaps you could clarify.

Archadia
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:33:09 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/1/2011
Posts: 425
Location: Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Magma_Boils_333 wrote:
I am also free to believe what I know is true.


I was all good with your comment, until the last 5 words, where you suddenly thought it was okay to elevate your opinion above everybody elses, and call it fact, in an attempt to nullify any opinions conflicting with yours.

You don't know it's true, do you? You haven't died yet, nor are you cleverer or better informed than everybody else in the world. Therefore the truth is no more apparent to you, than anybody. You can't believe what is true, it's an imperical impossibility. It's either true or it isn't, belief doesn't even count. Truth is fact, belief is a personal point of view. Truth cannot be argued or debated, belief can. And obviously that does not make religious opinions absolute truth, otherwise this topic would be as pointless as the topic "Do I exsist?"

The reason I like science over religion is because I "believe" that "Belief" is a highly overrated vertue, that doesn't solve any problems, nor gives any real benefit to people who cling to it.

Science however, tries to find solid evidence to back up it's claims, whereas religion looks at myths, stories, fairytales and rumors, that have been passed between people, generations and distances. Given that a story can't even make it's way around my home town, without becoming a completely different story by the time it reaches the end person (ie: The girl who had sex with her next door neighbour when you talk to the 1st person, has the had sex with whole street by the time you ask the 5th person.) Tell me why I would want to burden myself with this kind of thinking.

Now other things, like chance, possibility, hoping and knowing, are some things worth investing time in. Belief should not be confused with hope. Hope is a great vertue and I'm full of it. Hope is a feeling of optimism that something will get better, improve, or that everything will all work out for us, particularly if we put effort in. Hope is a rational feeling.

Tell me "I believe there is a God", I will be sceptic of your qualities and motivations, and ultimately ask you to explain why. Tell me "I hope there is a God." And I will smile, shake your hand, and thank you for being honest, and ask you what beer you want.

Belief however, is taking nothing more than a possibility, and irrationally trying to change into a truth, without supporting evidence or fact.

Do not make absolute statements unless you can back it up with absolute facts.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:36:53 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
She wrote:


I really have no intention to jump in, however, Magma boils, please, if you disagree with people when they are sharing their point of views, that doesnt mean that they are Trolls.
Please stop making personal accusations and insulting people on personal level.

EDIT: and is unwritten rule, that actually only moderators of the site can and dare to use Troll description for others.


The definition of a troll is someone who purposely intends to offend. I called it like I saw it, I attacked no one's views, but I object to the hateful way they were presented. It is interesting that you call out my troll picture, but not the anti-Christian symbol posted a few pages earlier.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 10:44:25 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
Archadia wrote:


I was all good with your comment, until the last 5 words, where you suddenly thought it was okay to elevate your opinion above everybody elses, and call it fact, in an attempt to nullify any opinions conflicting with yours.

You don't know it's true, do you? You haven't died yet, nor are you cleverer or better informed than everybody else in the world. Therefore the truth is no more apparent to you, than anybody. You can't believe what is true, it's an imperical impossibility. It's either true or it isn't, belief doesn't even count. Truth is fact, belief is a personal point of view. Truth cannot be argued or debated, belief can. And obviously that does not make religious opinions absolute truth, otherwise this topic would be as pointless as the topic "Do I exsist?"

The reason I like science over religion is because I "believe" that "Belief" is a highly overrated vertue, that doesn't solve any problems, nor gives any real benefit to people who cling to it.

Science however, tries to find solid evidence to back up it's claims, whereas religion looks at myths, stories, fairytales and rumors, that have been passed between people, generations and distances. Given that a story can't even make it's way around my home town, without becoming a completely different story by the time it reaches the end person (ie: The girl who had sex with her next door neighbour when you talk to the 1st person, has the had sex with whole street by the time you ask the 5th person.) Tell me why I would want to burden myself with this kind of thinking.

Now other things, like chance, possibility, hoping and knowing, are some things worth investing time in. Belief should not be confused with hope. Hope is a great vertue and I'm full of it. Hope is a feeling of optimism that something will get better, improve, or that everything will all work out for us, particularly if we put effort in. Hope is a rational feeling.

Tell me "I hope there is a God." And I will smile, shake your hand, and thank you for being honest, and ask you what beer you want.

Belief however, is taking nothing more than a possibility, and irrationally trying to change into a truth, without supporting evidence or fact.

Do not make absolute statements unless you can back it up with absolute facts.


It's called faith, look it up. I don't ask anyone to believe if they don't want to, simply not attack my beliefs or be hateful about something is important to millions. The first person said God does not exist, stated it like fact yet you did not direct your excessively long post at them.
Dirty_D
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:16:51 AM

Rank: Head Nurse

Joined: 4/15/2011
Posts: 7,185
Location: Soaking up the sun, United States
Curiosity72 wrote:


Is so true .. Each to thier own until they start preaching to me..

I have my own beliefs that I keep to myself and think it's only right if others do the same


Agreed!

Archadia
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:18:02 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/1/2011
Posts: 425
Location: Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Please re-read my post. Quote me the part where I wrote that God does not exsist. Struggling to find it? Thought so.

Please do not put words into my mouth, or twist them they way you want to perceive them. Unlike you, i did not make an absolute statement about the exsistance of God, neither did I deny it's exsistance.

-I am open to the possibility of a God

-I accept that God could exsist

-I do not believe God exsists, therefore find it unnecessary to have it in my life, or base my life around that

-I support people who wish to find meaning, spirituality, or purpose in there own lives

-I distrust and oppose organised religions for some of the following reasons: Limit free will, judge and condemn others, Hijack human morals and values and call them their own values, abuse children through indoctrination and fear based tactics, and in some cases commit sexual exploitation, teach people to be satisfied with living ignorant lives, take advantage of the poor and uneducated, make people feel guilt and shame for enjoying acceptable human impulses, desires and rights. Many more reasons...

-An person refusing to accept the possibility of the supernatural, higher power or diety possibilities, is as narrow minded as a fundamentalist

-A person forcing their beliefs on others, particularly children, is as oppressive as the worst dictators

-Agnostics should be unsatisfied with their refusal to contribute to what is a very important subject

-I love other people, cultures and places, and generally find the world a facinating, beautful and interesting place
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:35:42 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
Archadia wrote:
Please re-read my post. Quote me the part where I wrote that God does not exsist. Struggling to find it? Thought so.

Please do not put words into my mouth, or twist them they way you want to perceive them. Unlike you, i did not make an absolute statement about the exsistance of God, neither did I deny it's exsistance


First in as in the first person to post this thread, as in the thread starter, as in the original poster. I didn't put words in your mouth. Read properly.
dpw
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 11:37:24 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/15/2013
Posts: 3,205
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Magma_Boils_333 wrote:


The definition of a troll is someone who purposely intends to offend. I called it like I saw it, I attacked no one's views, but I object to the hateful way they were presented. It is interesting that you call out my troll picture, but not the anti-Christian symbol posted a few pages earlier.

You appear to have a persecution complex, it is only you that thinks they are being attacked and yet denying that you attack anybody. You may not agree with what people think bv what give you the right to stop them. This reminds me of the witch hunts, the Spanish Inquisition and the crusades. Don't you believe in free speech or is it conditional on you agreeing with what's said?
seeker4
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:08:35 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/17/2012
Posts: 3,447
Location: Gone walkabout, Canada
This is why I keep my religious discussion to a religion forum I'm on. I find that on more secular forums, such threads die in flames.

My current spiritual definition (subject to change) is "Agnostic pantheist Epicurean Unitarian Universalist".

Unpacking that:

- Belief in God, the afterlife, et al. is a matter of personal faith and mystical experience (classical definition of Agnostic). Lacking both, I am open to possiblities but not a believer, at least in a traditional personal Deity. I do, however, have a fascination with exploring those possibilities and that could, I suppose, lead me back some kind of theistic belief eventually.

- I do, however, believe strongly in celebrating and enjoying (and caring for) the beautiful, wonderful, sometimes miraculous world/universe that live in, not as the creation of a God but just as a wonder in its own right (pantheist)

- I am drawn to the philosophy of Epicurus, who taught that the highest good is that which is pleasant, by which he means things which remove physical pain and mental anxiety from our lives. Primarily, these things are found in learning about the universe and moderate, modest living. (Epicurean)

- I attend a Unitarian Universalist church and try to live by the principles of Unitarian Universalism

I am therefore not offended by belief or non-belief (UU principle number four is a "free and responsible search for truth and meaning") but I am when that belief or non-belief results in or is expressed in terms of intolerance towards others who believe differently (UU principle number one is "respect for the inherent worth and dignity of every person").

Archadia wrote:
-Agnostics should be unsatisfied with their refusal to contribute to what is a very important subject


Why do you think we are refusing to contribute to what is a very important subject? Most of the agnostics I know do engage in active discussion about religion, theology, spirituality, and the possiblities thereof. We simply do not accept that it is possible to definitively, scientifically state whether God exists or not. In fact, your first three statements more or less define you as an agnostic. Agnostic does not actually mean "we are not sure" or "we don't care" (though it is used that way). The classical definition of agnosticism is the idea that religious matters are matters of faith and one cannot definitively make statements about their existence or non-existence save from a standpoint of faith (i.e. they aren't provable via reason, science, etc.).


Its been a while but I finally got a new story out. Enjoy!

Satisfaction in the Park
darlvanhorn
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:16:17 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/28/2013
Posts: 406
Location: United Kingdom
no that doesn't offend me, but what dose is when they are people who come to my door and try to get me turn to their faith, after I have expressed that I and my family are happy as we are.

<a href="http:www.lushstories.com/stories/masturbation/bathroom-fantasy.aspx">Bathroom Fantasy</a>

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/a-night-that-never-happend.aspx
adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:32:42 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/24/2013
Posts: 1,279
You can be cantaloupe if you wish. confused5 I may be a green bean tomorrow dontknow

[
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:36:42 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,748
Very busy here in this thread.

I am not offended because I don't make it my business to interfere in other people's belief systems. Wiccans? Carry on. Bhuddists? Do your thing. Christians? If if gets you through the day. Jewish? High five. I don't care as long as you leave me alone. Do not try to make laws based on your religious beliefs, do not preach to me, do not try to convert me, do not shove it down my throat and we will get along just fine.

I won't go into depth but do people realize the cruelty that is forced on people because other people want to make someone believe what they believe or they are bigots because someone has a different faith or value system?
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:28:03 PM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 4,655
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
adagio_sabadicus wrote:
You can be cantaloupe if you wish. confused5 I may be a green bean tomorrow dontknow


Actually, this is the most profound post of this entire thread.

You can argue until you're blue in the face. No one's gonna buckle under the belief system of another. People here are solid in their faith or lack thereof. In the grand scheme of things, we are what we are. Whether we agree or disagree. And we change as WE see fit...not as someone else sees fit.

I'm not sure what the intention of this thread was. At first, I thought it was gonna be something along the lines of, "I'm an atheist, does that offend you? No? Good, it shouldn't. Oh, you're a [insert belief system here]? That doesn't offend me because I totally respect your beliefs as you respect mine."

Sadly, that's not what happened. Instead, what I encountered was, "You're not an atheist? Well you should be. Religion is bad. It's the source of all the world's problems. You're misguided and deluded. To hell with your god and whatever else you believe in."

And what followed afterwards was even more of a travesty. People resorting to awful imagery and tacky symbols just to drive their points...all the while attempting to play the I-Accept-Everyone's-Beliefs card...only to flip that card over to where it says, "But my beliefs totally trump yours because reasons."

And what's even more appalling than all of that were people feeling the need to defend and even justify their beliefs. Seriously? Has it really come to that? I have to tell you WHY I believe what I believe or don't believe what I don't believe in hopes that you'll at least RESPECT it?

I've seen nastiness from both sides of the religion fence in this thread, and it's left a sour taste in my mouth. If putting down religion or lack thereof is what it takes to drive your point or strengthen your beliefs, then what does that say about you?

You can't say you respect someone's views then turn around and shit all over them. That's the textbook definition of hypocrisy. It doesn't bode well.

Why not set an example, instead? At least make what you believe or don't believe seem appealing. I'm sure you'd get your point across much better.

As it stands, I'd want no parts of either side of the fence if this is what I had to deal with. Makes me understand agnosticism all the more.



Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

AngelHeart01
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:38:08 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/23/2010
Posts: 3,139
Location: ♥ Southern Style ♥, United States
LadyX wrote:


I'm not offended by your atheism any more than I'm offended by somebody else's theism. Like most other things, it's not the belief system itself that raises hackles, it's the way people apply it to themselves and others.

Christianity isn't offensive. Condemnation of those who don't observe the same values and lifestyles is offensive. If only we weren't such unrepentant sinners!

Islam isn't offensive. Murderous terrorists and institutionalized misogyny are offensive. If only us infidels would leave them alone, so that they could again move the bar in order to blackmail others and keep killing.

Atheism isn't offensive. The air of superiority and self-congratulation is offensive. If only the rest of us would see that all bad comes from faith, and that we're so intellectually lazy and evil-abetting by clinging to silly religions.

-

It seems that people are so insecure about their place in the universe that they're driven to not only trumpet their belief systems to the rest of the world but also tell everyone else why their differing belief systems are bullshit. To some extent it makes sense. Devout followers of Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and others want to save others' souls. They feel it's part of their duty as believers. Many atheists feel it's their duty to share their disbelief in religion in order to advance the idea that they do more harm than good.

Either way, it's a beating to get confronted by these same talking points, over and over. Nobody's going to "prove" that their belief system is best for everyone, because everyone's after something different in life.


Applause occasion5

overmykneenow
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:49:50 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,020
Location: United Kingdom
There's something that's come up in this discussion that I've tried to ignore but I can't hold my tongue any longer on this.

Come on people! This is a writing website, surely there's something we have to be in agreement on. The agreement of singular and plural noun and pronouns.

It's not "to each their own", it's "to each her own" or "to each his own", or even at pinch "to each his or her own".

There, I've said it.

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
crazydiamond
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:55:07 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
It's all bollocks to someone, personally i'd leave religion out of here. If it's so sacred..keep it that way, shhhh!
But if any one needs marrying...I did get ordaned online so I could perform my sisters wedding ;), I even have a laminated card that says so!! bunny

roymunson101
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:11:20 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/6/2011
Posts: 235
Location: United States
God bless the intolerantly intolerant.
DLizze
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:22:03 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 4/23/2011
Posts: 2,552
steph - (and ayone else who cares to read this) You may believe as you chose. It has no effect on me one way or the other, unless you start proselytizing. At that point, I am offended, regardless of your beliefs.

But, as to your original statement that there is no God, I would respectfully suggest it takes just as much faith to deny as to affirm the existence of God. I therefore chose not to decide either way, and focus instead on the here and now. I just try to be a good person, and to treat others as I would like them to treat me.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.