Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Love Poems - number of views Options · View
naughtyannie
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 5:01:53 AM

I admit I'm a total popularity whore, but I've been watching to see how many reads my poem "My Brother's Cock" has been getting, and wondering if it'll ever catch up with DirtyMartini's masterpiece "Incest is Best" (most read poem, with 21,000+).

Or at least it was the most read, until I looked today and another poem has suddenly shot to the top of the list, with over 37,000 views! It's called "Gone From Me", and is by Lalita_Lydia.

I'm bemused. How can it have got so many views just like that? It's a lot for a poem, even one that has been online since 2011.

Click on the link below to visit my profile page, for award-winning filthy stories and arousing pics. Go on, it's just one click.

You know you want to...

http://www.lushstories.com/naughtyannie

You don't know what you're missing 'til you try it
Liz
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 5:46:09 AM

On the 27th Nov 2013 it was at 16,860.

Perhaps it's just a technical glitch.

Mazza
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 6:14:56 AM

Well, here's a conundrum for you...

I recorded a story for my friend. The story was posted on the 9th of December and has 7544 views. The audio was added 4 days ago and has 8503 listens... How is that even possible? Surely the story has to be viewed to get to the audio?

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/group-sex/job-well-done.aspx

See what I mean?
Liz
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 6:24:14 AM

Mazza wrote:
Well, here's a conundrum for you...

I recorded a story for my friend. The story was posted on the 9th of December and has 7544 views. The audio was added 4 days ago and has 8503 listens... How is that even possible? Surely the story has to be viewed to get to the audio?

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/group-sex/job-well-done.aspx

See what I mean?

Maybe they fell in love with your sexy voice and played it more than once. angel7

Mazza
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 6:33:12 AM

Liz wrote:

Maybe they fell in love with your sexy voice and played it more than once. angel7

Ha ha...

Seriously though, the audio is over 40 mins long - I doubt anyone would listen to my mutterings twice in a row?

Just seems odd that there doesn't seem to be any correlation between story and audio views?
RejectReality
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 8:29:03 AM

I had something similar happen elsewhere with an illustrated story once.

What had happened was that someone had posted it to a Yahoo group and direct-linked the images in the copy of the story. Since they were stored locally on my server, I was able to see the unexpected traffic and its source.

There's a fairly good chance someone has posted a direct link to the audio file elsewhere ( perhaps copy-pasting the text ) which would by-pass the view ticker here on Lush.

Mazza wrote:

Ha ha...

Seriously though, the audio is over 40 mins long - I doubt anyone would listen to my mutterings twice in a row?

Just seems odd that there doesn't seem to be any correlation between story and audio views?

Mazza
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 9:11:06 AM

RejectReality wrote:
I had something similar happen elsewhere with an illustrated story once.

What had happened was that someone had posted it to a Yahoo group and direct-linked the images in the copy of the story. Since they were stored locally on my server, I was able to see the unexpected traffic and its source.

There's a fairly good chance someone has posted a direct link to the audio file elsewhere ( perhaps copy-pasting the text ) which would by-pass the view ticker here on Lush.

I never thought of that! Maybe it got tweeted or something?

Thanks xx
Shylass
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 3:26:51 PM

My last comp story had over 7000 listens, but wayyy less views on the page itself. Gav said it's something to do with podcasts or something or other. confused5

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Mazza
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 3:49:40 PM

Shylass wrote:
My last comp story had over 7000 listens, but wayyy less views on the page itself. Gav said it's something to do with podcasts or something or other. confused5

Spoke to Gav and he said: There is an RSS feed of our audio stories syndicated with a number of podcast/audio directories. I suspect the higher numbers are coming from listeners on these services.

From the mouth of The Man!!

book
Shylass
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 4:12:41 PM

Mazza wrote:

Spoke to Gav and he said: There is an RSS feed of our audio stories syndicated with a number of podcast/audio directories. I suspect the higher numbers are coming from listeners on these services.

From the mouth of The Man!!

book

Yep, that's the "or something or other". sunny

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
naughtyannie
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 4:46:01 PM

I don't think that applies to this one, it doesn't have an audio version. There's another one that I hadn't noticed before, called "Morning quickie", that has had over 19000 views but only 2 votes and no comments, which is even odder.

Click on the link below to visit my profile page, for award-winning filthy stories and arousing pics. Go on, it's just one click.

You know you want to...

http://www.lushstories.com/naughtyannie

You don't know what you're missing 'til you try it