Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Bullied transgender teen charged with battery Options · View
lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 9:07:57 AM

Bullied transgender teen... Article

Above is an article about the situation, including the incident of someone spitting gum into her face. Below is a news interview she did, including her saying the people she fought with aren't the same ones that spit gum in her face. She's been bullied by quite a few people. The video also shows a clip of the fight, but not how it started.

Apparantly, Jewlys threw the first punch. As she put it, she had been bullied and taunted "past her breaking point and snapped". The DA says that no amount of words justifies retaliation by fists, is he right? Or is Jewlys expecting a different set of standards to apply to her because she's transgender as some have claimed? The school should have done more to protect her, no question about that. Does violence beget more violence? Do the bullies give up their rights because they're bullies?

If she's actually taken to court over this, hopefully the judge will be extremely lenient on her. But by the letter of the law, she threw the first punch... is she actually guilty of battery?

Is it any different than a wife that yells and verbally abuses her spouse until the spouse "snaps" and slaps her? At that moment, the spouse is guilty of domestic violence right? Even though the wife may have "deserved" it?

Of a father that berates and verbally abuses his child. When the child is 18, he snaps and punches his dad... he's broken the law right?

Those cunts at Westboro Baptist church can protest and picket veteran's funerals and yell "God hates fags" all day long. But as soon as someone hits them, that person is guilty of a crime.

Assuming Jewlys threw the first punch after being verbally assaulted, is this any different? If Jewlys hit one person, that person has the right to defend herself. But what about the others that jumped in to help, should they be charged with battery too?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Haineko
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 10:04:48 AM

While she broke the law some people only respond to a punch to the face, it's the only thing that will get them to stop.

As a Trans-woman myself I can relate to this poor girl. I can't say I would have done what she did but that's just me, I'm a nonviolent person.

That being said I can understand why she did it. I've been pushed very close to beating the shit out of someone for being bullied just recently.

I hope the judge takes the bullying into account and is extremely lenient.

latest comp story: Lilith versus Ursula

most likely to get me my famous story badge back
His & Hers secrets Ch1

Under construction (back in business)
Awaiting verification: Aphrodite's Gift ch1 (Fantasy/Sci-fi)
On deck: His & Hers Secret CHs 2 & 3 (Trans)

my latest
My Dark Lover ch1 (supernatural)
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 12:24:15 PM

This poor girl. Every human being has a breaking point. It is wrong to lay your hands on a another human being against their will whether it is violently or not but at that age people are very sensitive to outside stimulation. Add into the mix that she is dealing with gender issues and who knows what else at home and I bet she just blew her top.
Sometimes you can't turn the other cheek or be "the bigger person" no matter how hard you try.

I am not condoning violence but I am just saying everyone has a breaking point. I hope the judge is fair minded and takes into account her circumstances.
Buz
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 4:02:17 PM

It's human nature to fight back at some point.