Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Would life really be better if everyone was honest, literally about everyting? Options · View
curious3045
Posted: Saturday, October 19, 2013 6:33:14 AM

Embarassed
curious3045
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:25:22 PM

elizabethblack wrote:
No, life would not be better if everyone was honest. My opinions can and do change about things and people. It's such a broad topic. If you are in a group in a casual setting and someone asks about politics, religion, etc., those things that people often disagree about, it's better to take a pass if you sense your reply would not be well received. Then, you have a friend that asks you if you liked the meal they cooked for your birthday. Honesty? Why? So many times it would just be not appropriate.

This is where people get confused, if a friend asked you if you liked it answer the question, what if you lie and say it was good and it was awful, then they make it for a special occasion and are wondering why no one liked it. One of those people tells her that it really was not there favorite and then your friend automatically wonders if you lied... See redhot's comment above, that is always the best option, unless you want to deal with the same situation again and again and again and again
dpw
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:07:30 PM

curious3045 wrote:
It would be an adjustment but in the long run it would solve many problems. The truth doesn't have to be mean, it is simply reality...

The world would be ungovernable, nobody would vote for a politician that told the truth. The human race would die out either: through mass suicide because we knew what state the world was in, or, nobody would be having sex because our performance was crap. Can you imagine asking "was it good" and being told the TRUTH!
No thank you, I'm happy in my fantasy world where the future is always bright.
SeaSiren
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:57:30 PM

My style of honest tends to cause butt hurt, but I swear that's not my intent! I do often avoid situations where someone is seeking an "honest" opinion/answer bc of this
Alex7
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:20:02 PM

I believe this would only apply to politicians. In normal circumstances, I'm happy telling the odd white lie here and there.

Sometimes the fun comes below the waistline, sunshine.
LASARDaddy
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:54:27 PM

ABSOLUTELY!

It would require getting used to but once everyone did it would be the norm.

I am that now. I am brutally honest. Has it caused problems? Yes!

Tell your wife it does make her butt look bigger and you'll find out.

Mine has expected honesty like that for over 40 years. All my friends expect it too.
curious3045
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:52:31 PM

dpw wrote:

The world would be ungovernable, nobody would vote for a politician that told the truth. The human race would die out either: through mass suicide because we knew what state the world was in, or, nobody would be having sex because our performance was crap. Can you imagine asking "was it good" and being told the TRUTH!
No thank you, I'm happy in my fantasy world where the future is always bright.

Not even close to reality, but your fantasy must be one hell of a ride so stay in it.... Whatever works for you, good luck.
bassguitarbubba
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:50:07 PM

I think it's human nature for people to want to hear good things about themselves and what they do. Even if they mess up, people appreciate a positive word of encouragement. If everyone were honest all the time, I think it would cause lots of unnecessary problems. Honesty is necessary in many circumstances, but can you imagine the hell to pay if you tell your wife what you REALLY think about her new dress? gulp...
Jillicious
Posted: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:42:56 PM

It may be better but not necessarily easier.

Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
She
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:56:39 AM

No, not better, just different. People would end up with the same fears and personal insecurities..but just from opposite point of view.
Aerith_Lives
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:05:51 PM

I truly try to live a 100% honest lifestyle. Although I don't always succeed, I will keep trying.

After reading "Lying" by Sam Harris, it inspired me to realize that telling the truth really does set you free.

If you are honest with yourself. Then you are going to be so much happier and better off.

And if you are honest with those around you, they will be happier and care about you more.

Being 100% honest doesn't mean saying every crazy thought that comes into your head, it means not having to cover up anything you do or say. You are you, don't be ashamed of that.
simplyjohn
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:35:50 PM

Honesty is key. However there are times when a lil 'white lie' is a better option and also avoiding answering a question is also prudent.
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:05:53 PM

I prefer honesty no matter if it hurts my feelings bc in the end a lie will hurt so much more once the truth comes out and in the end the truth always comes out. I agree there's a difference in honesty and being rude/blunt...if someone asks for an honest opinion its best to give the honest opinion ...but if they don't ask for it then its best to keep your mouth shut lol but that's just my opinionMy 2 cents
Oceanic_Love
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:43:09 AM

One thing bout being truthful is that u dont need to remember things...
so definitely...i mean y not??
DLizze
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:57:25 PM

There is nothing wrong with total honesty. One can always say, "I'd rather not answer that question," or, "that is something I won't tell anyone."

And when your wife or girlfriend asks, "Does this dress make my ass look big?" Tell her the truth: "I LIKE big asses." Then run like Hell! evil4

If your mom asks what you did last weekend, you don't have to tell her you tied your girlfriend up and shot cum all over her face and hair; just say, "_____________ and I spent some private time together." Whistle

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
countrygirl58
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 9:07:14 PM

I would rather here the truth than hear a lie. The truth may hurt sometimes but lying hurts twice as much. I am not going to ask those complicated questions just normal ones that would come up in chats.
nastydaddywatched
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 1:17:44 PM

try telling a new mother or father that the baby looks like a slug and see what happens you have to lie about some thing ,its what you choose to lie about. tell your wife that yes her ass looks fat and see what happens there lol say saying
curvygalore
Posted: Sunday, November 10, 2013 2:47:30 PM

Hm, well "truth" depends on point of view and individual opinion. And honesty is neither a virtue or a vice, but in the eye of the beholder. What can help the sting of "honesty" is sensitivity and tact, which is not dishonest, it just stops people killing each other...
Tyking85
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:12:28 PM

No, the world would be so boring. Some people can't handle the truth! Lets be honest, its way more fun to lie!!! bootyshake
WSCLG
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:01:00 PM

Not sure if it would be better, but there would be less bullshit thrown about.

"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

WSCLG
Posted: Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:02:38 PM

countrygirl58 wrote:
I would rather here the truth than hear a lie. The truth may hurt sometimes but lying hurts twice as much. I am not going to ask those complicated questions just normal ones that would come up in chats.

The hardest thing about lying is you have to keep lying. How in the hell do you keep remembering the details two weeks later? I prefer to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. That way, two weeks from now, what I say will still be the same as what I said.

"I expect nothing. I fear no one. I am free." Nikos Kazantzakis

Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 11:07:29 AM

We humans all have the normal feelings of disappointment, hurt feelings, shock .. A whole gamete of feelings when we find out we have been lied to. Or we feel we are being lied to.
If everyone were honest about everything we humans would still feel the same emotions of disappointment, hurt feelings ect...
For my personality type I flourish emotionally & sometimes spiritually when the hard truth is spoken to me. It makes me strive to better myself.The hard cold facts are good solid ground. Lies are shaky ground.. never know when the ground will open up and expose the truth. That is a whole 'nother can of worms. Trying to back peddle and untell the lie ya told or cover it up with another fib..
Most are not like me. They like the little lies. They do not REALLY want to know if their ass looks big in those jeans!
Posted: Saturday, January 18, 2014 6:48:14 AM

Most people get annoyed with honesty.
vines
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:55:15 AM

yes it would be. And if everyone was honest we as a human race would have developed differently in terms of society. Many that are dishonest thrive because that is the way society has been built. If everyone was honest, dishonesty wouldn't thrive as well as it does now. Their would be no half truths or media putting a spin on things to meet an agenda. All these types of things are dishonesty. And when you look at it like that you realize most of our world (business world) is made up of this. When I say business world I mean anything thing from politics, laws, anything that dictates our social structure. And as time went on these type of genes would lessen and maybe even die out thus changing the human race as we know it.
Way back in the day, currency was made to measure power. However, things in society have been slowly changing and the currency system made all those years ago has not kept up with society. Currency is becoming less and less about a measurement of power and more about a measurement of ones contribution to society. Currency will continues to decline if the system is not changed. But business does not want this because if it were changes many that have money are currency would be less of stock. Business is doing everything it can to keep change from happening but it has to happen, no way around it. And if the currency system was changed to meet society's demands then the laws would then be changed to favor those who's currency carries more stock (that's how many laws are written now) so dishonesty would continue to make a mess of things. What business is failing to understand is that if we continues to use this current money system the ones more able to contribute to society will be hampered at best and at worst will be completely unable to contribute. As a result an seen fail as society happens. And as and more of our world's would-be great contributors are left unrealized then currency will continues to lose its value. It is through true innovation that society moves forward as result currency keeps its value. After all, when we start trading with aliens and shit it will be our advancements, made possible by the contributors of our world big and small, that determine the value of our currency vs. theirs.
And I know a lot of people are saying their are more science advancements than ever. And truth is around 90% of those so called advancements are just add ons or improvements to a discipline or technology that was contributed a long time ago. Sad I know but true. And I'm going to laugh when scientist realize that string theory or what ever they call it is wrong. The world is stretching and rotating. Thing of it as a plain that can be stretched in an endless amount of ways. And it is this stretching that causes what people call black holes. But even more this stretching combined with the rotating affects the rules of our world (space). And this space is so big that based on how that part of the world is being stretched will affect its rules, such as gravity. In another part of our world gravity may be something completely different. As well, was is need to make human like life may be very different too. And yes time travel is possible. There is two types. The first one is when you travel very far at a very fast speed and you enter a part of the world (space) that is being stretched differently (aka being stretched differently) that in affect you have time traveled to an earlier or later time line vs the part you come from. Now the second type is moving back and forth through time with in your same part of space. Such as going back to 600BC in order for that to happen one need to reverse the rotating of space it self and that will affect all of space's time lines. I was something that said two atoms can be in two different spots. I laughed when I heard that. Let me clear this up. No this is not true. What people are seeing is known as the place holder affect. I'm not going to go into all that. But what it comes down to is the atom moves so fast that it moves to a different time at the same time it is some where else so it needs a place holder. The place holder gives it something to come back should it want or need to. For example say a human want back 100 years their would be a place hold left of him or her. You wouldn't see it. But as long that dude is back in time 100 years he will not live in the future where he came from. But as soon as he comes back he will. There is more to it but you don't need to know it at any rate that is the place holder affect.
So to recap if there was no dishonesty us as humans would be different and we would a have currency system that was built around the amount contribution one brings to society. And how contribution was measured would be by the utmost objective motives. And the aliens would like us better :)
LovingHer17
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2014 2:17:09 PM

When it comes to some People,yes I do.
Dreamer90
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:33:48 PM

I try to tell the truth as often as possible, but there are situations where the thruth only hurts people and doesn't change anything. Then I say go ahead and tell a white lie. But more important is the way you tell an inconvenient truth. Always privately and in a constructive form. And sometimes people are just not ready to her the truth. You hate your friends new boyfriend because he is a douche, but teeling her will only make her angry at you and destroy your friendship. She has to figure it out on her own. You can try to nudge her if the possibility arises.

groucho
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 10:11:39 PM

"Would life really be better if everyone was honest, literally about everyt(h)ing?"

No. BUT life would be much better if everyone was honest, figuratively about everything.

Whistle

g

"Women should be obscene and not heard."
Groucho Marx
Twofish1way
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 10:39:07 PM

Some things are better left unsaid/unknown...prompted or not. It is protection and sacrifice on your part because it is you whom will pay karmic retributions of the lie. Who is worth it? You decide. I will lie to save a loved one's feelings if no harm is done to them. There is a difference between meanness and truthfulness.
Twofish1way
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 10:46:22 PM

"I would rather be hurt by the truth than comforted by lies". There are a lot of dynamics to this ?. As for relationships... 100% honesty. The more you love somebody, the more you just need to love them and do the right thing...whatever that entails. Do right, love completely...everything else falls into place I believe.
angieseroticpen
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 2:39:20 AM

In an ideal world, yes. But this is not an ideal world and not many can handle the truth.

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”