Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

When Do You Think Water Will Be Worth More Than Gold? Options · View
Sssnake
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:55:00 AM

I Think It'll Be Some Time After World War 3. Which Would Be April 1, 2100!
ByronLord
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 11:00:27 AM

The price of freshwater will never be much more than the cost of making it from seawater via reverse osmosis.

jollyjack
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 12:36:54 PM

Next Tuesday.

My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Ardentmale
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 12:45:35 PM

jollyjack wrote:
Next Tuesday.

Ill glady give you a glass of water next Tuesday for a hamburger today...lol

characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent

Intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous

vehement; fierce burning, fiery, or hot
kiera
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 1:57:01 PM

WTF I didn't think some forums could be topped but it just has been binky obviously I prefer gold to water who needs to fucking live when uv got gold evil4
jollyjack
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 2:06:02 PM

Gold, silver....bronze even !......Kiera ....you rock ! Just wait 'till next Tuesday

Ruthie
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 4:55:53 PM

When there's a water shortage bad enough to make water so scarce that gold won't buy it. Actually, water is worth more than gold now. I could live the rest of my life without gold, but how long could I last without water?
adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Monday, September 16, 2013 5:01:56 PM

It already is...we haven't felt it yet

[
smileofsatisfaction
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2013 7:37:41 AM

It already is when you're thirsty. Gold doesn't hydrate.
kornslayer1
Posted: Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:18:40 PM

Well, if global warming actually happens, I guess then

Thanks for reading, or looking at my posts, now go to my profile, and check out my stories.
If you have, thanks for reading. It's always appreciated. I know I don't have a Recommended read, or Editors choice for you to choose from, but I think you'll be happy with any story you choose. I write the way I write, and try my best. I know a lot of you like my stories that was in the removed category, but I hope you can appreciate the rest of them. Check this one out.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/taboo/my-step-brother-wants-me.aspx
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:03:52 PM

adagio_sabadicus wrote:
It already is...we haven't felt it yet

Yes. Corporations are already keeping people from having this natural resource in Third World countries. I was shocked when I saw a documentary about what Nestle, Coke etc were doing. But those people are poor and have no voice so they are forced to take it and shut up.

Buz
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 8:47:06 PM

NickiC wrote:

Yes. Corporations are already keeping people from having this natural resource in Third World countries. I was shocked when I saw a documentary about what Nestle, Coke etc were doing. But those people are poor and have no voice so they are forced to take it and shut up.

Take that with a grain of salt. ALL documentaries are made with a slant in mind. Do those companies supply the local people with jobs and put money into their economy? I never saw a documentary that gave the full picture.

However, the expense of water can go up quite a bit, unless they can greatly increase the volume and cut the expense of the process of making fresh water out of seawater through reverse osmosis. Which I am sure can be done once the demand is there.

Currently the state of Georgia is locked in a major legal battle with the states of Florida and Alabama over water from the Chattahoochee River. Billions of dollars are at stake and the quality of life for millions of people. Georgia wants the water for the use of the nearly 6 million people who live in the Atlanta metro, to drink, bath, cook, and for its economy, etc. Florida wants it for the oyster industry in the Florida panhandle. Alabama wants the water too, although they have several more river sources at their disposal. Georgia doesn't. So far the Federal courts have ruled in Georgia's favor. This will eventually end up before the US Supreme Court.

Tranquil
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:08:17 PM

Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:27:54 PM

NickiC wrote:

We are already in the situation that nations are ready to make war because of access to water. Specially in African countries the access to fresh healthy water is not natural everywhere. Many illnesses there are caused on polluted water. Poverty and wars made in many parts of Africa even the access to fresh water a luxury. Western companies make this trouble in some 3rd world countries worse. The global warming will make this situation in general worse. Because of that I think water is already more valuable then gold in some corners of the world and in the next decades it will be even more expensive for many poor people.
jollyjack
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:09:28 PM

Perhaps some African leaders need to invest money (provided by the West), into an infrastructure providing water for their people / country.....rather than lining their own pockets

SexySophie
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:44:16 PM

It already is here in England, UK. - if you saw the size of our monthly water bills. And that's in a country which is flooded at present, has been so regularly in the past few years and perhaps due to Global Warming will be ever more so in the future. Anyone suspect a rip off somewhere?
Young50
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:48:18 PM

In many places in the world it IS more important than gold and always has been.
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2014 10:46:23 PM

Buz wrote:

Take that with a grain of salt. ALL documentaries are made with a slant in mind. Do those companies supply the local people with jobs and put money into their economy? I never saw a documentary that gave the full picture.

However, the expense of water can go up quite a bit, unless they can greatly increase the volume and cut the expense of the process of making fresh water out of seawater through reverse osmosis. Which I am sure can be done once the demand is there.

Currently the state of Georgia is locked in a major legal battle with the states of Florida and Alabama over water from the Chattahoochee River. Billions of dollars are at stake and the quality of life for millions of people. Georgia wants the water for the use of the nearly 6 million people who live in the Atlanta metro, to drink, bath, cook, and for its economy, etc. Florida wants it for the oyster industry in the Florida panhandle. Alabama wants the water too, although they have several more river sources at their disposal. Georgia doesn't. So far the Federal courts have ruled in Georgia's favor. This will eventually end up before the US Supreme Court.

I do agree about documentaries. Everyone has an agenda usually to push a POV so I always keep that in mind. After seeing it I did watch more of them, research and read more about it because I find it disturbing. No one should own a necessary natural resource in my opinion. Human beings die without water and I think that is unfair. That is like owning oxygen. Maybe jobs were created and that is always a good thing but I don't like the thought of people going thirsty and dying when a good clean water source was always available before. If I went up to a stranger and dropped some poison into their glass of water I would be arrested. I don't see the difference here.
The Chattahoochee is brown from the Georgia clay maybe? The plants must be working overtime to clean the water.
GreyHound
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 12:12:08 PM

Water is definitely worth more than gold ... but still they ignore it, and don't care about it!

seveninch
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 7:04:23 PM

Worlds of difference between "worth" and "price".

Potable water should be priced more than gold and will always be worth more.

Just ask California...
Melman
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 7:27:15 AM

Ardentmale wrote:

Ill glady give you a glass of water next Tuesday for a hamburger today...lol

Is that you Carl, Marx
LASARDaddy
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 9:34:12 AM

I think cost and worth get mixed up some times.

It already costs that in many places around the world.

It's worth "EVERYTHING."

What would you spend knowing that without it you will die.

I think water, like air, should be free. So, what are you going to do about the government privatizing water? What'll you do when they privatize the air?

That's our government on top.
bates

I am always a gentleman.
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 9:12:48 PM

LASARDaddy wrote:
I think cost and worth get mixed up some times.

It already costs that in many places around the world.

It's worth "EVERYTHING."

What would you spend knowing that without it you will die.

I think water, like air, should be free. So, what are you going to do about the government privatizing water? What'll you do when they privatize the air?

That's our government on top.
bates

They already have here in Australia.

In the State which I live the government owns all the fresh water whether it's in a tank or a creek on ur property or not.

The federal govt has just implemented a tax on air a few yrs ago - it's called the carbon tax.

1917 Russia is on it's way I believe. The people just aren't pissed off enough yet.
adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 9:36:10 PM

Three days agodirector

[
pussyshyxx
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:17:53 PM

hmm thats nice......
hayley
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2014 6:08:42 PM

when we have polluted most of it enough to be completely undrinkable .... then not even gold will but what is left Shhh
lyonking
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 1:17:07 AM

Never
Puppy
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 1:51:39 AM

It already is some places. Depends on where you are/
Erodenn
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:00:36 PM

If it really becomes too valuable, most people will already be dead. I mean the mafia would murder people just to extract the water that is in our bodies. Literally worth your weight in gold seeing as most of your body is water.
LYFBUZ
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2014 9:06:01 AM

It isn't going to happen. An ounce of gold costs between US$1200-$1300, an ounce of water (by weight) cost approximately US$0.05 based on price of bottled water. The cost of making an ounce of water drinkable isn't even close to the price of gold. The price of both will increase over time...but its also situational...if you had a one ounce wafer of gold and were about to die of thirst you would likely give it up for a glass of water.
Having said that...everyone should be mindful of the critical importance of clean drinking water...do your part...