Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Your Politics: Summed Up Options · View
Rembacher
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 9:44:31 AM

Well, I was going to say that its because we all want to be like a certain extremely intelligent woman who posted first, but since that's singling people out, I'll try and come up with another reason.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 11:09:51 AM

LadyX wrote:
I think its amazing that almost every one of us is Left-leaning Libertarian. Why do you all think that is?

If your answer in any way involves singling others out personally- then do us all a favor and save it. It's not funny, it's not entertaining, and nobody thinks you're smarter for it.

It's because this website probably tends to attract people that desire more freedom and less restrictions in life. We also probably care more about social issues and less about corporate issues here. If that test were taken my a bunch of "Democratic Underground" posters, and then by a bunch of "Republican Operative" posters, the results would be dramatically different. On a personal note, I think it's hilarious that I'm one of the more centrist posters here. I've always considered myself to be more liberal/Libertarian that it showed me to be.

Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 11:31:57 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:
LadyX wrote:
I think its amazing that almost every one of us is Left-leaning Libertarian. Why do you all think that is?

If your answer in any way involves singling others out personally- then do us all a favor and save it. It's not funny, it's not entertaining, and nobody thinks you're smarter for it.

It's because this website probably tends to attract people that desire more freedom and less restrictions in life. We also probably care more about social issues and less about corporate issues here. If that test were taken my a bunch of "Democratic Underground" posters, and then by a bunch of "Republican Operative" posters, the results would be dramatically different. On a personal note, I think it's hilarious that I'm one of the more centrist posters here. I've always considered myself to be more liberal/Libertarian that it showed me to be.

haha nudes...you and i scored almost the same and i thought i was more conservative!
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:18:32 PM

me, surprise, surprise.. :)

been
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 1:18:48 PM

I use to think of myself as a democrat, but now I realize that I do not fit into any party. I have common sense, and use it. I'm tired of the whole damn system, deciding who is least full of shit... I can't do it anymore. sad3

"What is the difference between a Democrat and a Republican? A Democrat blows, a Republican sucks." -Lewis Black

"In my lifetime, we've gone from Eisenhower to George W. Bush. We've gone from John Kennedy to Albert Gore. Now if that is evolution, I believe that in about 12 years, we're gonna be voting for plants" -Lewis Black

[b]"We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves." -François de la Rochefoucauld
Remington
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 1:25:41 PM

I lean way to the right evil4

Go check out my new story - How Did This Happen? - John's Story

Rembacher
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:07:23 PM

been wrote:
I use to think of myself as a democrat, but now I realize that I do not fit into any party. I have common sense, and use it. I'm tired of the whole damn system, deciding who is least full of shit... I can't do it anymore. sad3

"What is the difference between a Democrat and a Republican? A Democrat blows, a Republican sucks." -Lewis Black

"In my lifetime, we've gone from Eisenhower to George W. Bush. We've gone from John Kennedy to Albert Gore. Now if that is evolution, I believe that in about 12 years, we're gonna be voting for plants" -Lewis Black

As an outsider, I've always preferred Canada's multi party system to the two party system of the US. I think it gives people more options, and a greater chance of feeling like their beliefs are being represented. But in reality, our system has only ever had two parties in power, the rest have always only been in opposition, so I'm not sure how much different that is. If you have a third available option, I think it creates more actual debate, with ideas being seriously discussed, rather than just slinging mud at eachother.
myself
Posted: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 6:46:39 PM

been wrote:

I loved this- made me laugh- thanks

There is no way on earth that we can order anyone or ourselves to rally knowledge. It is rather a slow affair; the body, at the right time and under the proper circumstances of impeccability, rallies its knowledge without the intervention of desire. -Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan's Teachings

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:46:16 PM

The last few presidential primary debates I have bothered to watch since '96 have taught me that the media drives home who 'they' think the front runners are or should be, based upon the seriousness of the questions being asked of the top two or three candidates (out of a field of perhaps 6 or more men and women).

Also, the time allotted to those being afforded the questions, makes things pretty clear, pretty quickly to a trained eye...just who is being promoted and who is being ridiculed.

The American election system has been farking farce, imo...since the 1980 election year (the first one I really paid close attention to). It quite possibly extends further back, I have not researched it. It doesn't really matter to me when it started, all I know is that it is pretty much a foregone conclusion by the time the Democratic Party and the GOP select their nominees.

You know (or at least I have) who was going to get appointed president.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:44:18 AM

Wages
by D.H. Lawrence
The wages of work is cash.
The wages of cash is want more cash.
The wages of want more cash is vicious competition.
The wages of vicious competition is – the world we live in.

The work-cash-want circle is the viciousest circle
that ever turned men into fiends.

Earning a wage is a prison occupation
and a wage-earner is a sort of gaol-bird.

Earning a salary is a prison overseer’s job
a gaoler instead of a gaol-bird.

Living on our income is strolling grandly outside the prison
in terror lest you have to go in. And since the work-prison covers
almost every scrap of the living earth, you stroll up and down
on a narrow beat, about the same as a prisoner taking exercise.

This is called universal freedom.

charmbrights
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:34:48 AM

In the UK there are four main groups whose policies are as follows:

Conservative; if you have two cows, sell one and buy a bull.
Liberal; if you have two cows, let them die of malnutrition.
New Labour: if you have two cows, give all the milk to the government who will sell it back to you.
Old Labour: if you have two cows, give all the milk to the government who will drink it.

As to my views: broadly speaking "Don't vote; it only encourages them!"

With apologies to Richmael Crompton.

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:31:07 PM

stalin.
clum
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:39:25 PM

I did that test thingy and also came out as a left-leaning libertarian (although my instinctive answers to a few questions surprised me) and I came out closest to the Dalai Lama, as it happens (it's funny because I'm a Buddhist).

My friends consider me quite politically-minded but it's mostly just because of my passion about one specific issue - Scottish independence. I'm a big advocate of a split from the United Kingdom and a chance to finally run our own affairs and make our own decisions. I could trot out a well-rehearsed list of the benefits of becoming independent, financially and otherwise, but I really support it as a matter of principle more than anything else. I think even if we were going to be worse off for it, I'd still support the cause on the grounds that every nation should have the right to self-determination. My name is starting to get spread around nationalist circles (some people have me down as a future MSP - they're deluded) and I do campaign on this issue and in support of the SNP, our best chance of achieving this goal.

Other than that, my big issue is education. I think the importance of good quality education, from pre-school to university, can't be stressed enough and that more time and money should be going into continual improvement in this area. The Scottish Government provides free Higher Education to Scottish students in Scottish universities (how many times can you say Scottish in one sentence?) and I salute them for sticking by this even in tough financial times; I fully expected them, and I wouldn't have blamed them, to go back on their promise. Realistically, I know free Higher Education for all just isn't going to happen but I strongly believe that every person, no matter what background they have, should have the same opportunities.

I also support the movement towards using more renewable energy sources and the government pushing green initiatives. And I'm against nuclear weapons.

I believe in building a value-creating society. We're bordering on religion now though, so I'll stop.

Fuck the Tories! (LOL)

The lion is most lionlike when he roars.
MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 7:57:49 PM

I consider myself a moderate Republican.

suezq
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:44:33 PM

I lean towards libertarian in most of my beliefs. I believe that an attitude of entitlement is ruining the economy of this country. In my line of work, I see a lot of abuse of programs like food stamps and WIC. While I have no problem with helping someone who genuinely needs help and protecting innocent children, I see generations being raised to expect a government handout rather than making their own way in the world.

Buz
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 6:01:17 AM

I like a Libertarian approach to government. I fear government much more than I do big business. In world history it is governments that have tried to exterminate races. It is governments that have murdered millions for their political ideology. And leftist governments have murdered by far the most humans.

On my agenda as an activist are the decriminalization of marijuana, tarifs for American jobs exported out of the USA, lower taxation for small businesses, elimination of redundant laws, less federal government, bringing American troops home, cutting government spending, fight further control of the internet by government and big business, protection of free speech & personal liberties and force the federal government to obey the US Constitution on surveillance of our citizens. Preserve liberty!

“Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows us that as a government grows, liberty decreases.”
― Thomas Jefferson

I have written a new poem. It is called 'Long Twisty Woman.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 1:54:37 PM

At the moment, I'm leaning towards pitchfork wielding, torch carrying, Frankenstein hunting... anarchist.

Milik_Redman
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 3:20:20 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
At the moment, I'm leaning towards pitchfork wielding, torch carrying, Frankenstein hunting... anarchist.

I'm a founding member of the Pitchfork&Torch Club! The march starts at midnight!

Seriously though people should be angry. Government and big buisness have forgotten the people and we are left to suffer while they grow rich and powerful. It was this very trend that opened the door to Ceaser in ancient Rome and although he was stopped the damage done was irreversible.

The only guardians we have left are the media and the Internet. Looking at Fox tells me that we on the Internet should start being louder.

“It is a great thing to know your vices.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-trans-atlantic-affair.aspx
ArtMan
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 4:04:18 PM

I think of myself as a Republican in the old Barry Goldwater vein. I do not know who these overly religious zealots are now claiming to be Republicans. We had the Shrub, a big spending, big government President who infiltrated the Republican Party and may have destroyed it for good. I am sick of where the party is now.

I can never be a Democrat.

So just call me disenfranchised.

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Shibui
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:05:26 AM

I see a trend in Lushies here..

Not all (thank goodness), but many.
naughtynurse
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:22:56 PM

I am a libertarian,keep the government out of my life! I believe in gay rights, the right to bear arms, the ability to smoke whatever you want wrecking your own health if you want. I believe you should be able to have any gun you want. I believe that religion has no place in government, I also am Completely against PETA & the HSUS(which is not the same as being against local shelters). I am against spending money to pay people to stay home & not work. I am against government sponsored medicine(after dealing with it regularly I can honestly say it doesnt work. big government programs= fail)

Less government spending!! More personal/state rights

A special thank you to all who read and voted on my competition Quickie, a Recomended Read: Something Borrowed
CharlotteRusse1
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:17:02 PM

Be kind.
Consider the impact of your actions on the next generation and the next after that.
Promote economic policies which create jobs, not just those which create profits.
Don't pollute the air, poison the water, endanger your neighbor's health by putting dangerous chemicals into their food or medicine etc..
Do not inject religious (as opposed to ethical) beliefs into legislation.
One man, one vote, one lobbyist.
Otherwise general libertarian stuff applies.

Writer of amateur erotica since 2011..See the latest at:

lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 12:49:06 PM

Summed up: People should be ever to do whatever (within reason, no meth labs or pedophilia) in the privacy of their own homes. In public, as long as it's not an immediate threat to everyone else. Go for it. Just don't make ME pay for any of it.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
hobbhorn
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:45:19 PM

Mostly Libertarian views -- in general the system seems completely broken at this point in the US. Lobbies and monied politicians mean the perspective of most of us is completely lost on those in power, either because they don't get it or don't want to get it. I've lived in Canada and the US and I believe there is room for properly managed social programs like healthcare -- but there needs to be a balancing mechanism that keeps the government out of it as much as possible.
loud_bkr
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 8:43:47 AM

Mine:

WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 8:55:12 PM

Buz
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:07:59 PM

The only problem is that is a fictional dramatization. If it were only that simple and that true. But it surely is not.

You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

DLizze
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 9:21:46 PM

Economic: -7.5
Social -7.69

Neither of these surprises me.
But what the test does not do is ask ow well I percieve the current situation (both nationally and internationally) as aligning with my core beliefs. Needless to say, I think it does not, but I am not convinced that is necessarily a bad thing; I believe ompromise is necesszry to best achieve the highest good for the most people.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2012 10:11:26 PM

Buz wrote:
The only problem is that is a fictional dramatization. If it were only that simple and that true. But it surely is not.

6 okay Buz...whatever you want to believe.

Buz
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2012 11:05:09 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:

6 okay Buz...whatever you want to believe.

HA I do believe that is Jimmy Smits and Alan Alda, two well known actors, in a dramatization. Correct me if I am wrong!laughing9

Actually they could have settled it over a nice bet on a women's mud wrestling match.