Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What if - Cannabis cured cancer? Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 1:47:00 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,299
Location: Cakeland, United States
You think our pharmaceutical industry is more concerned with helping and benefiting mankind or with enriching their own bank accounts?

This is one helluva video - turn your auto-play feature on (on youtube).



Can cannabis possibly cure cancer?





If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 1:47:46 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,299
Location: Cakeland, United States
Surely this video is available on youtube in its entirety?



If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 4:54:36 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,296
Location: West Coast
Yes, that's it, the pharmaceutical companies are all evil. The cures for cancer and most major diseases may be found in simple natural alternatives such as hemp, oil of oregano, and gogi berry juice. Their studies on cells in petri dishes have me convinced that they can save the human race.

Sorry but I have no faith in these conspiracy theories.

Do you see any difference between the logo of "Hemp Oil Canada" and Pfizer? They are both corporations looking to make a profit by making medical claims. The difference is that the claims of a pharmaceutical company is held to higher rigours than these "natural alternatives" products.

Besides, guess who's funding research into diseases? The pharmaceutical companies. Yes, it's for gain and profit, but at least the clinical research is being done. If they aren't funding it, then who will? The government? Sounds like raising taxes might be in order.

Here's an interesting 'expose' on a miracle health claim product (Gogi Berry Juice) that has many similar videos to the Cannabis Cures Cancer ones... including a look at the "corporation" behind the altruistic claims.








Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 4:55:31 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,296
Location: West Coast
Part Two... goes into more of the medical claims being debunked.




Guest
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 6:09:07 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,411

Switch the AIDS part with any illness, disease, and so on.

Personally, I went through a time of depression before my divorce, and was told by her, her family, and the "doctor", there's medicine. Yes, that medicine made me more depressed, detached, and not even able to get it up. Then they have the balls to ask if I had any thoughts of suicide, well shit, with these drugs and the side affects who wouldn't. The almighty dollar will always win when it comes to any drug if the government don't get a cut, including cannabis.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 8:11:59 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,299
Location: Cakeland, United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:
Yes, that's it, the pharmaceutical companies are all evil. The cures for cancer and most major diseases may be found in simple natural alternatives such as hemp, oil of oregano, and .....


You are so off my "Hawt babes to fuck list."



If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Guest
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 9:03:26 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,411

The question is "What if ... Cannabis Cures Cancer?"

like seriously, dude?? the cancer rate in BC and Amsterdam (and a few other areas) would be virtually under 20% ..... or even less!!!

wow .... roll me another.... wanna toke?? forget the apple a day will keep the doctor away ....


Van
Guest
Posted: Monday, September 13, 2010 9:38:44 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,411
All this cancer survivor has to say about this issue is that I'm not even going to start debating it.
rxtales
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:49:25 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 11/28/2008
Posts: 2,589
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
A watched something recently about a guy who cured his cancer (or maybe tried to cure his cancer) with radio waves... Will try to find a link.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:41:52 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,296
Location: West Coast
WellMadeMale wrote:
Dancing_Doll wrote:
Yes, that's it, the pharmaceutical companies are all evil. The cures for cancer and most major diseases may be found in simple natural alternatives such as hemp, oil of oregano, and .....


You are so off my "Hawt babes to fuck list."



Wow, I thought I had been scratched off that list ages ago... happy8

If there were natural alternatives that actually had serious medicinal potentials, then a pharma company would be running all kinds of clinical trials on it, altering it just enough to be sold as a pharmaceutical and enjoying the rewards. I think the reality is that there is no substantial or credible bank of evidence to show that these things impact the actual disease on a statistically significant level. No doubt that marijuana helps some of the side effects of a lot of these illnesses such as chemo from cancer treatments and patients with MS etc. But that says nothing of its ability to "cure", "delay" or "prevent" these illnesses from occurring. I feel sorry for the people that get duped into spending a lot of money on these supposed "holistic cures" and sold false promises. There are corporations behind all of these "natural cures" as well that are out strictly for profit. That's not to say that Big Pharma is not corrupt (it is!), but I'd lay my trust on quantifiable clinical evidence and an entity that is held up to higher level scrutiny (like the FDA) before I'd believe some pipe dream about how smoking joints, eating seeds, or drinking some "miracle juice" is going to cure my disease.


Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:04:08 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,296
Location: West Coast
eiotis123 wrote:

Personally, I went through a time of depression before my divorce, and was told by her, her family, and the "doctor", there's medicine. Yes, that medicine made me more depressed, detached, and not even able to get it up. Then they have the balls to ask if I had any thoughts of suicide, well shit, with these drugs and the side affects who wouldn't. The almighty dollar will always win when it comes to any drug if the government don't get a cut, including cannabis.


Actually I agree with you that when it comes to anti-depressives, they are dispensed WAY too often, and the side effects are rarely worth the potential benefits (even in terms of efficacy, they are only something like 38% better than a placebo pill). I think doctors have gone way overboard with recommending anti-depressive meds for minor depressions that are just a part of any human being going through a grieving process like divorce, death, miscarriage, financial issues etc. Most minor depression resolves itself with time, without any need to go to a pharmaceutical pill. Unfortunately, I think that doctors look for the easy way out rather than spending time/energy counselling someone about their sadness. Easier to dispense a pill rather than listen to a patient talk for 20 minutes about why they are sad, or arrange some kind of counselling service. The only times someone should be put on medication for depression is if it's so intense that they can't get out of bed, go to work, brush their teeth etc. Not because they are sad that their partner cheated, their loved one died, or they lost their job. Sure those incidences can trigger major depression in a small percentage of people, but most will recover on their own with time and a decent support system (like family, friends, or a counsellor). I tend to blame physicians more for this trend though... for taking the easy way out, irregardless of the side effects many people will suffer with anti-depression meds.


Guest
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:38:47 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,411
A pharm rep lives next to me, I despise her. Not really her, just the fact that she works for the man.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2010 4:26:48 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,299
Location: Cakeland, United States
VanGogh wrote:

The question is "What if ... Cannabis Cures Cancer?"

like seriously, dude?? the cancer rate in BC and Amsterdam (and a few other areas) would be virtually under 20% ..... or even less!!!

wow .... roll me another.... wanna toke?? forget the apple a day will keep the doctor away ....
Van


How cannabis dampens the immune system

Cannabis is a double-edged sword: by dampening the immune system,
it provides relief from inflammatory diseases, but this also increase the
risk of infections. Now we know how it does this: its active ingredient
targets a newly discovered type of cell that lowers the immune response.


If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Guest
Posted: Friday, December 10, 2010 10:50:54 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,411
Everything causes cancer, the end.
myself
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2010 7:56:55 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/17/2010
Posts: 966
Location: .showyourdick.org/
I love it when you all make me laugh! good stuff everybody : )

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
DamonX
Posted: Sunday, December 19, 2010 12:08:22 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/25/2009
Posts: 795
WellMadeMale wrote:
VanGogh wrote:

The question is "What if ... Cannabis Cures Cancer?"

like seriously, dude?? the cancer rate in BC and Amsterdam (and a few other areas) would be virtually under 20% ..... or even less!!!

wow .... roll me another.... wanna toke?? forget the apple a day will keep the doctor away ....
Van


How cannabis dampens the immune system

Cannabis is a double-edged sword: by dampening the immune system,
it provides relief from inflammatory diseases, but this also increase the
risk of infections. Now we know how it does this: its active ingredient
targets a newly discovered type of cell that lowers the immune response.


Please explain. I don't see what this has to do with cancer. Not being confrontational. Just wondering what your point is.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.