Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

any opinions? Options · View
Kuroookami
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 4:50:37 AM

so girls, tell me... what is worse? a man calling you beautiful or him proving it to be true?
MMonroe
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 4:52:52 AM

I'd be quite happy with both thanks!

*Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?*

lovely_lady
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 5:10:25 AM

I dont see why either of those are bad!
Kuroookami
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 5:13:12 AM

i never said either was bad, i was just curious as too what you thought... and it seems by what i've witnessed that not too many girls have high self-esteem and find it appeart that you have to dissagree with them when a guy decises to tell them such a thing... it kindof gets under my skin
MMonroe
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 5:36:15 AM

Even though a woman might not agree with you when you call her beautiful [as i do everytime someone tells me] doesnt mean she doesnt enjoy it. On the outside she'll be telling you she's not but on the inside she has the biggest grin on her face.

Anyway would you rather that or the woman have absolutely no modesty and turn around and say 'yes i know, i am amazing'

*Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?*

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 8:20:33 AM

It's hard for a lot of women to accept complements without feeling the need to be modest and/or fearing that if she agrees with you, she will sound like a vanity queen.
But trust me, we always appreciate them... (provided they aren't being done in a creepy way)
Instead of taking the opportunity to point out all my flaws when I receive a complement, I've actually learned over the years to just shut up and say thank you. icon_smile

Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 8:46:40 AM

[quote=Dancing_DollInstead of taking the opportunity to point out all my flaws when I receive a complement, I've actually learned over the years to just shut up and say thank you. icon_smile [/quote]

heheee...one of the hardest lessons for a woman to learn doll..
Nikki703
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 3:09:45 PM

Both are nice! Like most women, I enjoy and appreciate compliments. But I do tend to get a little embarrassed too, especially if they are way over the top.
Kuroookami
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 4:30:57 PM

alright ^.^ well i love seeing some girls who actually enjoy complimants and react accourding to them... and you are all beautiful in your own way and don't let anyone tell you different...
Woman
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 4:43:43 PM

Live in a world where white skin is considered the ultimate beauty, you cannot walk more than three paces without someone calling you beautiful while out walking downtown. Or they stop and stare. Or they reach out and want to touch your skin. Soft, shiny hair is something sought after by all women here, but very hard for them to get, has people reaching for stray hairs on your jacket and lovingly put into books.

I get called beautiful ALL the time. And it is not because I am beautiful (shut it... I consider myself more exotic/attractive not beautiful... but then again... I think roses are ugly. So what do I know?), it is because people want something they cannot have, and I have it.

When a person calls me beautiful, it is expected that I blush, bring my chin down closer to my chest, act modest and deny it. THIS is what we have been taught to do. Confidence or not. Otherwise, as someone previously mentioned we appear vain, full of ourselves, and many other horrible things. To which I of course say kerfluey too. I give them a smile, and say, "Thanks. I know." What can I say? I get tired of the same things over and over again.

By the by Kuroookami.... how would one prove to a woman that she is beautiful???

Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 4:44:32 PM

Kuroookami wrote:
alright ^.^ well i love seeing some girls who actually enjoy complimants and react accourding to them... and you are all beautiful in your own way and don't let anyone tell you different...

I was always under the impression that receiving a compliment was like being handed a gift. When you're taught manners and someone gives you a gift, you say thank-you. No drama. No other thing to say.
Kuroookami
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 4:52:45 PM

Woman wrote:
Live in a world where white skin is considered the ultimate beauty, you cannot walk more than three paces without someone calling you beautiful while out walking downtown. Or they stop and stare. Or they reach out and want to touch your skin. Soft, shiny hair is something sought after by all women here, but very hard for them to get, has people reaching for stray hairs on your jacket and lovingly put into books.

I get called beautiful ALL the time. And it is not because I am beautiful (shut it... I consider myself more exotic/attractive not beautiful... but then again... I think roses are ugly. So what do I know?), it is because people want something they cannot have, and I have it.

When a person calls me beautiful, it is expected that I blush, bring my chin down closer to my chest, act modest and deny it. THIS is what we have been taught to do. Confidence or not. Otherwise, as someone previously mentioned we appear vain, full of ourselves, and many other horrible things. To which I of course say kerfluey too. I give them a smile, and say, "Thanks. I know." What can I say? I get tired of the same things over and over again.

By the by Kuroookami.... how would one prove to a woman that she is beautiful???

truthfully, i don't know it was just something on my mind and i didn't really take the time to think it over, just decided to type it and see where it went
sprite
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 7:56:48 PM

i have a hard time with this - honestly? i think i'm pretty, and someone calling me beautiful gives me a nice warm feeling... unless of course, they're being a creep or insincere... but then, sometimes i feel that to just say, yeah, i know, i'm all that comes off as kind of vain, so i try to just balance it with a shy thank you in most cases - except, of course, on those days i am NOT feeling beautiful, which happen, in which case i sort of mumble and try to change the subject.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 8:53:25 PM

If someone wants to pay a lovely compliment to me, then I think it rude to tell them they are wrong...regardless of whether I see what they see in me...I may giggle a little, and quite likely blush all over, but I still thank someone for taking the time to pay a compliment. Besides if beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder why not let the beholder decide what is beautiful to them.
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 9:12:54 PM

something about teh word "beautiful" can boost any body's self esteem, itsone of theose compliments its just like you mean, its not "your pretty" or "your sexy" its "your beautiful" and when someone says that to me... i get embaressed, because the world "beautiful" is so geniune and sincere <3
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 11:57:00 AM

i would love both please xxx
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 3:13:38 PM

Quote:

When a person calls me beautiful, it is expected that I blush, bring my chin down closer to my chest, act modest and deny it. THIS is what we have been taught to do. Confidence or not. Otherwise, as someone previously mentioned we appear vain, full of ourselves, and many other horrible things.

Yes!! I know just what you are talking about because I was brought up this same way. It took me a long time to stop myself from being programmed that way. To just say thank you would be haughy and arrogant which is not how we are supposed to be. It does not make sense to some but any one raised that way it makes perfect sense.

See your own beauty and find the strength to thank others when they recognize it too! That is the only advice I can give you.
Woman
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 6:53:38 PM

justinebaby wrote:
something about teh word "beautiful" can boost any body's self esteem3

Just as long as it is not over used!!!! Or is not something you hear in various dialects every time you leave your house.

Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
She
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:26:46 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
It's hard for a lot of women to accept complements without feeling the need to be modest and/or fearing that if she agrees with you, she will sound like a vanity queen.

When is about trivial things, such as my appearance, I say thank you.
However if I get compliment about something I have done or even strated, than I freez and give that spotlight to someone else who is completely irrelevant in the story. I need to learn to shut up and say Thank You happy8 because we do appreciate compliments, but don't forget we usulally have good intuition and we can tell when you guys are using lines on us. I don't like that, but that is just me.
cherryrebel
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:31:20 AM

I get told I'm beautiful all the time but it doesn't really mean squat. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's when my man undresses me slowly and kisses every tiny little part of my body, stroking and caressing and feasting on my skin. THAT makes me feel beautiful...