Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:40:05 AM

Rank: Divine Rapscallion

Joined: 8/15/2010
Posts: 3,018
Location: On the ragged edge of disaster
SweetPenny wrote:
When two members write a story together, is it possible to give both of them credit instead of just one?


That would be great!


Maggie Rascal
chriskayaks
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 10:53:58 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/20/2009
Posts: 185
Location: Somewhere North of Toronto
A spell check option for forums and thoughts for the day. Only for those of us who are dyslexic adn often spell words upside down and backwards.

Flash a Trucker... It's appreciated!!


Read my latest story at; http://www.lushstories.com/stories/wife-lovers/my-wife-cuckolds-me-for-first-time.aspx
DirtyMartini
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 11:47:56 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,718
Location: Right here on Lush Stories...
Bunny12 wrote:
Here's a change I'd like to see disappear quick the new line of adds on the top of your profile page!!! I DO NOT want to see "GET A HUGE COCK" or "FUCK LOCAL BABES" in nice bright red or any other color at the top of my profile page EVER!!!!! Do away with this immediately PLEASE!!!


Hey Bunny...I could swear I saw a text ad that said Cute Guys With Tight Butts Looking For Dominatrix With Big Strap-on...

I was going to send it to you, but Nicola took down the ads...

Oh well...laughing6


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

nicola
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:54:20 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,848
Location: Sydney, Australia
SweetPenny wrote:
When two members write a story together, is it possible to give both of them credit instead of just one?


We approached this subject a while ago, it's not possible for technical reasons.

The best we can do is at the top of the story you add a line that it was cowritten by xyz member. If you write another one together, swap, so the second story is submitted by xyz member etc. It should work out fairly even that way.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:30:58 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 5,945
Location: In your dirty fantasies
I would love to have the option to have two image galleries... one public and one private. As it is now, I have mine set to private because I have personal pics in there and prefer to remain low-profile (well... visually at least).

I have a collection of erotic images I'd love to share/add to my image gallery but I would prefer to have them set to public view. I also don't them intermixed with pics of myself so I don't have to keep specifying which pics are of me, and which pics are just images I like.

If it's not possible to have two distinct image galleries, then perhaps an option would be available when we upload them as to whether they are set to public or private (e. friends only) view?

Not sure if any of this is possible, but it's Christmas, and I figured I'd verbalize my wish list. santa

Thanks in advance for considering it, Santa... Oops, I mean Gav! icon_smile


nicola
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:39:31 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,848
Location: Sydney, Australia
Good post Dancing Doll. Gav is looking into managing the whole image galleries a lot better, it's on his to-do list.

As you say, it would be nice to be able to create a gallery, set it to public or private, and be able to add any pictures you wish to any of the existing galleries. That's how FB do it I believe.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:43:15 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 5,945
Location: In your dirty fantasies
nicola wrote:
Good post Dancing Doll. Gav is looking into managing the whole image galleries a lot better, it's on his to-do list.

As you say, it would be nice to be able to create a gallery, set it to public or private, and be able to add any pictures you wish to any of the existing galleries. That's how FB do it I believe.



hello1

Yay! X-mas dreams really do come true! You guys are awesome!



Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:02:31 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 5,945
Location: In your dirty fantasies
Ooh, one more thought (I guess I can be a bit demanding at Xmas time.. icon_smile )

Is there any chance it would be possible to have "wall posts" with a scroll up or down feature, so we don't lose everything that's been posted once we run out of space? I know it only allows for a certain number of posts to be displayed on our profiles, and the earlier ones disappear into the "wall post vortex."

Anyway, no big deal either way... just thought it would be a 'nice to have.'

Thanks... flower


gav
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:20:49 PM

Rank: Code Monkey

Joined: 12/25/2006
Posts: 1,207
Location: Syd, Australia
Do you know there is a link at the top right of you profile comments area, labelled Older Comments?

http://www.lushstories.com/Dancing_Doll/comments

Or did you mean keep them all on the same page, with a scrollable viewport?

Santa is working on your gallery feature as we speak. I'm going to roll in another feature from lusciouslola at the same time, a slide show of your gallery images. Now the computer scrolls your pictures for you, you have two hands free for dontknow
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:14:49 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 5,945
Location: In your dirty fantasies
gav wrote:
Do you know there is a link at the top right of you profile comments area, labelled Older Comments?

http://www.lushstories.com/Dancing_Doll/comments

Or did you mean keep them all on the same page, with a scrollable viewport?

Santa is working on your gallery feature as we speak. I'm going to roll in another feature from lusciouslola at the same time, a slide show of your gallery images. Now the computer scrolls your pictures for you, you have two hands free for dontknow


Wow, you really do think of everything! LOL

Actually, I didn't notice the "older comments" tab (but I'm blonde, so...). It would be cool to be able to keep them all on the same page with a scrollable viewport, but no rush on that one. I'm just happy I learned something new today! icon_smile

Thanks Santa Gav!





DirtyMartini
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2010 11:08:55 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,718
Location: Right here on Lush Stories...
Hey Gav...I know it's the holidays and all, and I really feel bad that I might have to make you work too hard...but, something occured to me that may be missing on Lush...
On my profile page when logged in, I can see my friend's votes/comments, but I don't see any way I can view my own...the only way I know is to log out and view my page...
If there was a way to view all of my past votes/comments, it would be a lot easier for me to recall which stories I've read, and where I might have left off with a certain author...

Commenting is the only way I can remember if I've read a story before...
Hey, it gets tough when you get old...you understand, don't you???


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

MrNudiePants
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 8:24:40 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,067
Location: United States
On another forum I visit, when you enter a particular area like the Think Tank, each thread has an arrow next to the title. When you click on that arrow, it automatically takes you to the last post you've read. That would be a cool feature to have here.

DirtyMartini
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 8:56:52 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,718
Location: Right here on Lush Stories...
Speaking of forum visits...would there be a way to add a section of "favorite forum threads" or something similar?
Here's the deal...sometimes I see a forum post and I want to go back and visit it again, but forget whether it is in "The Pub" or "The Lounge" or somewhere else...
If it is a topic I posted on, I can just look back at my post history...but, sometimes it is not...just something I want to view...
Any possibilities here?


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

nicola
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:13:14 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,848
Location: Sydney, Australia
DirtyMartini wrote:
Speaking of forum visits...would there be a way to add a section of "favorite forum threads" or something similar?
Here's the deal...sometimes I see a forum post and I want to go back and visit it again, but forget whether it is in "The Pub" or "The Lounge" or somewhere else...
If it is a topic I posted on, I can just look back at my post history...but, sometimes it is not...just something I want to view...
Any possibilities here?


Bookmark the thread icon_smile

http://www.techterms.com/help/bookmark.html
nicola
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:15:26 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,848
Location: Sydney, Australia
MrNudiePants wrote:
On another forum I visit, when you enter a particular area like the Think Tank, each thread has an arrow next to the title. When you click on that arrow, it automatically takes you to the last post you've read. That would be a cool feature to have here.


See the little green arrow way over on the rhs of this image? Try pressing it in the forums 3601

Rembacher
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:25:39 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/16/2008
Posts: 1,101
Similar to DirtyMartini's comment, I would love to see the links on my news feed concerning friends' forum posts connect to the post, or at least the page of the post, rather than the first page of the thread they post on. It would just make it a little easier to check out posts that they make, specifically when there is an active debate in the think tank.
nicola
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:28:08 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,848
Location: Sydney, Australia
Sorry guys, the forum software is off limits. It wasn't written by Gav and is virtually inaccessible.
Satyr
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:43:08 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 3/19/2009
Posts: 40
Location: United States
I think you do a fantastic job of maintaining a free website dedicated to erotic writing (aka porn). However, just like our writing there is always room for improvement and I haven't read through all the posts here so please forgive me if there is something repeating.

In regards to authors and writing:

1. Have a more extensive way to review and rate stories. What I mean is that currently there are stars but among the authors I've spoken to this is often not even regarded as accurate. We all know that an incest story, for example, will get 4 to 50 times the rating that an extremely well written and extremely erotic story will get. It seems if there was a way to have reviewers of stories that are both "professional" and then "user reviews" like movies.
Also have different ways for people to review a story. So maybe there is a basic option like you have now but also an advanced option where you can rate the story, the character development, the erotic hotness, the author's use of plot, etc. That way when you filtering stories, it makes it easier to find certain stories...like those with a good plot and also ratings start to have more meaning to an author and help them improve their writing ability.

2. Have a way for people to list "favorites" of stories. That way, if I trust another person's tastes, it makes it easier for me to find other stories that I may like and that way I can weed through the millions of stories that are probably not my cup of tea.

For the site:

Have groups that users can join with their own message board. There is another adult website that does this and I've found it extremely well done and useful. It allows you to share posts and images about topics related to that group. So a group could be writers of stories with plots and character development. Then we could pick out stories that we think have plots and character development and share them. This would help some stories that are well written have a longer shelf life and keep them from getting completely buried under all the incest stories.

One last thing would be adding more functionality to following people and authors. So for example, if I'm following 10 authors, when they post new stories I would get a little list on my account page that would show me all the latest stories they've written. So in effect allowing me to create my own personal Lush homepage of stories. Also, I could go to their own favs page and see the list of authors they are following and start to make even more connections. This would allow for serious and strong writers to start to connect more easily and allow for more serious writing to shine above...yes...the incest stories.

Just had to get one last stab in there about the incest stories.

But honestly, for a free site. Amazing. Nothing else like it on the web.

Love it. Lush it.
DirtyMartini
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 10:18:34 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,718
Location: Right here on Lush Stories...
nicola wrote:
DirtyMartini wrote:
Speaking of forum visits...would there be a way to add a section of "favorite forum threads" or something similar?
Here's the deal...sometimes I see a forum post and I want to go back and visit it again, but forget whether it is in "The Pub" or "The Lounge" or somewhere else...
If it is a topic I posted on, I can just look back at my post history...but, sometimes it is not...just something I want to view...
Any possibilities here?


Bookmark the thread icon_smile

http://www.techterms.com/help/bookmark.html


Thanks Nicola...sometimes I just don't think of the obvious...
The bigger the forum gets, the more good threads from the past get "burried"...if you know what I mean...


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

scooter
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 11:19:41 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/24/2010
Posts: 2,698
Location: Ohio
I think wmm mentioned this,,,,But,
A keg at each users disposal
would be nice
Regello77
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 3:45:07 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 11/8/2010
Posts: 84
I was very concerned when my first and best friend on Lush stories disappeared from my profile page . I have accepted some newer friends who never write to say why or communicate with me , if anything they should disappear . It would be nice to be able to select who are our top friends , always to be shown .

I too should like to be able to save a chat text , even though it amounts to nothing much , one can remember what each person said for a future conversation .
I am rather shy about chatting and as an older person , know that the mostly young want to chat with people nearer their own age . I have brought up my own children as a single parent and been in Loco Parentis to another family . I love young people and easily identify with them . It is beautiful that as more or less anonymous people , scattered around the world , on Lush Stories age doesn't seem to matter .
nicola
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 4:15:39 AM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,848
Location: Sydney, Australia
Satyr wrote:
IHave groups that users can join with their own message board. There is another adult website that does this and I've found it extremely well done and useful. It allows you to share posts and images about topics related to that group. So a group could be writers of stories with plots and character development. Then we could pick out stories that we think have plots and character development and share them. But honestly, for a free site. Amazing. Nothing else like it on the web.

Love it. Lush it.


Thanks for the kind words. The "groups" feature is actually already in the works Shhh
magnificent1rascal
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2011 8:18:42 AM

Rank: Divine Rapscallion

Joined: 8/15/2010
Posts: 3,018
Location: On the ragged edge of disaster
I'd like to be able to put my favorite stories in the order I'd like them to appear, please. icon_smile

Maggie Rascal
MrNudiePants
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 7:37:52 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,067
Location: United States
nicola wrote:
MrNudiePants wrote:
On another forum I visit, when you enter a particular area like the Think Tank, each thread has an arrow next to the title. When you click on that arrow, it automatically takes you to the last post you've read. That would be a cool feature to have here.


See the little green arrow way over on the rhs of this image? Try pressing it in the forums 3601



That button takes you to the last post in the thread. What I'm talking about is a button that takes you to the last post you've seen - where you were when last you logged on. Not the same thing, love. (LOL)

nicola
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 8:17:19 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,848
Location: Sydney, Australia
MrNudiePants wrote:
That button takes you to the last post in the thread. What I'm talking about is a button that takes you to the last post you've seen - where you were when last you logged on. Not the same thing, love. (LOL)


Just log in more often and when you press the green button, you won't be that far away from the last time you read the thread evil4

(thank me later Gav!)
gav
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2011 8:31:00 PM

Rank: Code Monkey

Joined: 12/25/2006
Posts: 1,207
Location: Syd, Australia
Love you work nic giggle
Satyr
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2011 7:21:38 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 3/19/2009
Posts: 40
Location: United States
Once again my apologies if this is already mentioned but, more mobile based site. Mobile is the future and right now i'm on a driod and have a difficult time reading stories. I have to scroll around all the stuff to the left and right and all the drop downs in the main navigation are a mobile no-no.

Once again, all with respect to the fantastic job you are doing.
DirtyMartini
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 7:11:15 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,718
Location: Right here on Lush Stories...
Hey Mr. Gav...I don't know if this has been suggested before, but how about some sort of delay feature when somebody tries to delete their account...
I was thinking perhaps when someone hits the "delete your account" button, it prompts them 48-hours later with "Are you sure?"

I'm sure you've noticed, but there seems to be quite a few cases where someone deletes their account taking all their stories, comments, whatever with them...only to show up back within a day or two...

Sometimes I think someone deleted me from their friends list, only to find out they deleted themselves...

Btw, I did a little experimenting earlier...that new "grey line" feature seems to only indicate that you viewed a story, not that you actually read it...
Do you think you can work on that???


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

gav
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 10:36:10 PM

Rank: Code Monkey

Joined: 12/25/2006
Posts: 1,207
Location: Syd, Australia
And how would you differentiate between a view and a read? By duration?

I think most people do actually mean to delete their account (after prompted, are you sure). If it was me, and I wanted to remove myself from the site, I would want to make sure it was done there and then, and not have to wait for a delay.

DBarclay
Posted: Monday, January 10, 2011 11:11:14 PM

Rank: Mr Nobody

Joined: 2/28/2008
Posts: 946
Location: Florida, United States
Stop the idiot Moderator from approving stories I posted 2 years and stop said same idiot from moving
said story to a separate place from chapter one ... my hackles are raised


Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.