Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Whacky Evolution theory vs whacky Creationist theory vs whacky 3rd theory Options · View
Jonnymarine
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 1:24:09 PM

Interesting how fossils are formed according to him. 4ft tall 200 pounds???? Okay....
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, February 18, 2011 6:33:22 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

Calm down Carnac... This is the thread about alien hybrids isn't it?

Over time, this thread has evolved. In jumps, and not in measured stages, Felix. Now we are discussing all sorts of tangents.

Doll, I thought I taught you how to smart ass better than that! snorting

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
DamonX
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:46:31 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
You're what, Damon...30, 31?

I'll wager by the time you're 44-45, you'll have evolved a great deal more yourself. I realize you went to medical school and you've got gobs of education under your belt in all the right sciences.

Your cocky attitude is well earned...that's why it's going to be such a bell-ringer for you, when the lights click on, inside your mind. And then...you'll have to take the really big stand by reversal of everything you've spent the previous 25 years espousing.

Too bad I won't be there to witness it.

But it's coming for you. And you will dig the shit out of it.

Really? So I have about 14 or 15 years before rational thought and actual knowledge evolves into irrational paranoia and unsubstantiated fantasy? yeah, I'm looking forward to that.

Maybe you could suggest some blogs or message boards written by high school drop outs, so I can dispense with this ridiculous knowledge based on actual scientific research. Or do I have to age another decade before I develop the capacity to comprehend the intricacies of unsubstantiated claims and non-sensical reasoning?

I'll start putting aside some funds so I can make a big donation to the "starchild fund" when I finally grow up and "get it". I'm sure the interest by that time will substantial enough for him to get some DNA testing done on the skull. confused5
sprite
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 12:28:15 PM

i think we need to start a new thread area - call it something like 'be as mean as you want' or 'the beat down tank'. Really, sure people get kind of over excited here and emotions run high, but that being said, i see a lot of people on both sides using it as a way to just snipe at each other, and btw, some of those are more subtle, or not even as noticable as the obvious attacks. Getting patted on the head, called cute, and being disregarded as silly can be just as hurtful as being called a world class prick, moron, dumbfuck, whatever your choice of insult - yeah, i know some of these remarks are made with a certain amount of glee, just to get a rise out of people, and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but really, i wonder how many stay out of the tank cause of the atmosphere here, rather then not having something wonderful to add?

My 2 cents

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 12:42:49 PM

sprite wrote:
i think we need to start a new thread area - call it something like 'be as mean as you want' or 'the beat down tank'. Really, sure people get kind of over excited here and emotions run high, but that being said, i see a lot of people on both sides using it as a way to just snipe at each other, and btw, some of those are more subtle, or not even as noticable as the obvious attacks. Getting patted on the head, called cute, and being disregarded as silly can be just as hurtful as being called a world class prick, moron, dumbfuck, whatever your choice of insult - yeah, i know some of these remarks are made with a certain amount of glee, just to get a rise out of people, and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but really, i wonder how many stay out of the tank cause of the atmosphere here, rather then not having something wonderful to add?

My 2 cents

Now, now sweetheart *pats on head*, based on thread views, I'd say it has the opposite effect. geek

sprite
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 12:46:25 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
sprite wrote:

My 2 cents

Now, now sweetheart *pats on head*, based on thread views, I'd say it has the opposite effect. geek

hey, Ash? fuck you. *gives you the double bird while wearing my EVIL tee - sans panties*

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 12:51:44 PM

sprite wrote:
Dancing_Doll wrote:
sprite wrote:

My 2 cents

hey, Ash? fuck you. *gives you the double bird while wearing my EVIL tee - sans panties*

Ye-ah baby! Regaeman Man

LadyX
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 1:08:45 PM

FicklePickleTickle
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 3:13:18 PM

sprite wrote:
i wonder how many stay out of the tank cause of the atmosphere here, rather then not having something wonderful to add?

I could name about five people offhand (probably more) who have privately told me they stay the hell out of here because of the shitty attitudes, the childishness, the fallacious arguments, the drama, etc. etc. They are actually wise, interesting people who could make for more well-rounded discussions, but they don't have weathered skin from years of mixing it up, and they feel uncomfortable in here. Sure five isn't a lot on its own, but it's at least 10-15% of the people I know on Lush. That's a significant percentage.

DD: Thread views would probably indicate that she was right in the first place, if you think about it. The implication was how many people don't feel comfortable contributing in here.

Just because one has the freedom to say anything and everything in here, doesn't really mean that one should say anything and everything. My 2 cents

The reviews are in. Here's what people are saying about FicklePickleTickle:
"BestCukeOnTheVine" - LusciousLola.
"Pickle juice rocks!" - curiousbutterfly.
"Pickles is really a jalapeño" - sw33tang3l
"Will someone make that guy sit down, my kids can't see the movie?!?" - Some guy in at the theater.
"Shouldn't he be wearing clothes if he's going to be in the wedding?" - Your mom.
"If FTP Eats A Pickle, Is That Cannibalism? " Nikki703
"FTP makes me wet. . ." - imhapless.
"Always thought he was dill but he's actually a sweet pickle." - kinkygirl.

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 4:04:51 PM

FicklePickleTickle wrote:
sprite wrote:
i wonder how many stay out of the tank cause of the atmosphere here, rather then not having something wonderful to add?

I could name about five people offhand (probably more) who have privately told me they stay the hell out of here because of the shitty attitudes, the childishness, the fallacious arguments, the drama, etc. etc. They are actually wise, interesting people who could make for more well-rounded discussions, but they don't have weathered skin from years of mixing it up, and they feel uncomfortable in here. Sure five isn't a lot on its own, but it's at least 10-15% of the people I know on Lush. That's a significant percentage.

DD: Thread views would probably indicate that she was right in the first place, if you think about it. The implication was how many people don't feel comfortable contributing in here.

Just because one has the freedom to say anything and everything in here, doesn't really mean that one should say anything and everything. My 2 cents

I dunno Pickle... if they think the Tank is a vortex of immaturity, then why bother looking in the first place? There are places in the forum that I don't venture either, and have heard a decent percentage of 'friends' expressing annoyance about some of the attitudes and "childishness" (as you call it) in those areas as well. It is what it is.

All new posters are more than welcome to share their views, but you're right, there's no hand-holding in here. You either post or you don't. It's not like people are attacked regularly, and certainly not the novice posters. The ones in here that enjoy debate typically engage with the other ones that enjoy debate. If people find it offensive, then don't partake.

Apologies to WMM for the threadjacking... Now back to alien/human splicing and the origins of man... happy1

MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 8:46:29 PM

sprite wrote:
Dancing_Doll wrote:
sprite wrote:

My 2 cents

Oh, look at Sprite! Isn't she just so cute!!!?

(Muahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!)

MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 8:58:04 PM

I agree with D_D on this one (again - yeah, it surprised the shit outa me, too!)

Sure, we could have a no-holds-barred, free-for-all area of the forum where people could be just as nasty as they want to be, call it "The Mosh Pit" and abandon hope all who enter there... but what would be the point? Nothing would ever get accomplished except for a severe waste of bandwidth. Here in the Think Tank, we do sometimes rub nerves the wrong way (me more than most, perhaps) but we do try to debate out issues without the vitriol getting too thick. This is the only forum on Lush that isn't full of threads about cock size, shaving, and what you would do to the poster above/below you. You don't have to have a whole lotta stones to either bring in a topic, or posit a new point of view on an existing topic. It does sometimes take balls to back up your point of view when another poster calls it into question, but if you can't back it up, maybe you shouldn't be posting it in the first place.

We could have more strict rules about the tone we post in, exactly how civil we must be to each other, and how our arguments should be namby-pamby rainbow-colored, skittle-flavored politically correct mush, but the blandness would take away everything that makes the Think Tank an exciting place to visit. And quite frankly, I don't need to know what Jeff would do if he found Jebru bent over his couch...

WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 9:41:57 PM

DamonX wrote:
Maybe you could suggest some blogs or message boards written by high school drop outs, so I can dispense with this ridiculous knowledge based on actual scientific research.

What would be the point of me doing that, Damon?

I've given you numerous links over the last 7 or 8 months and you never visit those sites.

Hell, you know it all already. I don't blame ya.

After all, I'm just a 50 year old fcktard on a sexy story website who lives in bumfuck middle of America.

Or what was it you called me, right before Christmas? Something to that affect. I forget.

Heh, Pickle...The Think Tank is something I championed ... way back when. It's exactly what many members have made it.

And why I've started spending tons less time in here since the 1st of the year.

Arguing on the internet is like...super fucking retarded. And I'm done with being a fucking moron around here, too. Hell, I can go get insulted in person, hitting on 45 year old cougars looking for buff young men. But at least I get to look at some nice scenery in the process. Regaeman Man

DamonX
Posted: Friday, February 25, 2011 11:57:27 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:

I agree with D_D on this one (again - yeah, it surprised the shit outa me, too!)

Sure, we could have a no-holds-barred, free-for-all area of the forum where people could be just as nasty as they want to be, call it "The Mosh Pit" and abandon hope all who enter there... but what would be the point? Nothing would ever get accomplished except for a severe waste of bandwidth. Here in the Think Tank, we do sometimes rub nerves the wrong way (me more than most, perhaps) but we do try to debate out issues without the vitriol getting too thick. This is the only forum on Lush that isn't full of threads about cock size, shaving, and what you would do to the poster above/below you. You don't have to have a whole lotta stones to either bring in a topic, or posit a new point of view on an existing topic. It does sometimes take balls to back up your point of view when another poster calls it into question, but if you can't back it up, maybe you shouldn't be posting it in the first place.

We could have more strict rules about the tone we post in, exactly how civil we must be to each other, and how our arguments should be namby-pamby rainbow-colored, skittle-flavored politically correct mush, but the blandness would take away everything that makes the Think Tank an exciting place to visit. And quite frankly, I don't need to know what Jeff would do if he found Jebru bent over his couch...

I agree. (mark that one on the calendar) There was a reason why the tank was created. There are people that contribute and people that sit back and watch. Some of us like the debate and confrontation. And I know that there are many people that are intimidated to post here (usually the ones who call it childish, but check in constantly to see what the latest posting are). Its all entertainment. Some of us come to participate and provide entertainment for others, and some come just to watch the show.

In all honesty, I've found worse arguments and more childish behavior in other sections of the forums. We all know the tank is not for the thin skinned.
DamonX
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 12:32:43 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
DamonX wrote:
Maybe you could suggest some blogs or message boards written by high school drop outs, so I can dispense with this ridiculous knowledge based on actual scientific research.

What would be the point of me doing that, Damon?

I've given you numerous links over the last 7 or 8 months and you never visit those sites.

Hell, you know it all already. I don't blame ya.

After all, I'm just a 50 year old fcktard on a sexy story website who lives in bumfuck middle of America.

Or what was it you called me, right before Christmas? Something to that affect. I forget.

Heh, Pickle...The Think Tank is something I championed ... way back when. It's exactly what many members have made it.

And why I've started spending tons less time in here since the 1st of the year.

Arguing on the internet is like...super fucking retarded. And I'm done with being a fucking moron around here, too. Hell, I can go get insulted in person, hitting on 45 year old cougars looking for buff young men. But at least I get to look at some nice scenery in the process. Regaeman Man

This might surprise you, but I usually do check out the links you provide. I know! What an amazing concept! Somebody actually checked out the starchild website and wasn't convinced????? Newsflash bud, but most educated humans can see the glaring faults in those theories. Hence, the reason they are relugated to corners of the internet to be perused by conspiracy theorists and middle aged men living in their mothers' basements.

I've never claimed to "know it all"... I just don't throw my hat into the ring for every crackpot theory that goes against the mainstream. I look at the evidence and make a rational decision. You seem to ignore evidence and simply pick the theory that you "want to be true". Its obvious that you like to attach yourself to theories that go against the majority. Hell, if someone associated with mainstream science came out with proof that aliens exist, you would probably start posting threads about about how it was just a government conspiracy!

And don't trash the tank just because you've had your feelings hurt. You're acting like a child that got picked last in dodgeball, storming off saying "well its a stupid game anyways!" Maybe its time to join the checkers club, so you can throw you weight around again and no one will oppose you.

And by the way... maybe you should come see me to get your shoulder checked out? I think it might be damaged from that huge chip you've been hauling around. glasses8
SIL50
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 10:44:39 PM

WTF watch the History channel they recently on one of their programs put out a theory that that Tut's father was an aliean human cross because his head was shaped different. This is the reason that early Egypt progressed so fast, and why they wenrt from poly theism to mono theism almost overnight.(so they were worshiping alieans). Alieans were breeding with humans. They said it must be true.

Oh and Damon I'm at 1and 1 not bad for a 50yrold playing in the cage with a bunch of 20yrold. Neither got out of rd1
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:54:05 AM

DamonX wrote:

This might surprise you, but I usually do check out the links you provide. I know! What an amazing concept! Somebody actually checked out the starchild website and wasn't convinced????? Newsflash bud, but most educated humans can see the glaring faults in those theories. Hence, the reason they are relugated to corners of the internet to be perused by conspiracy theorists and middle aged men living in their mothers' basements.

I've never claimed to "know it all"... I just don't throw my hat into the ring for every crackpot theory that goes against the mainstream. I look at the evidence and make a rational decision. You seem to ignore evidence and simply pick the theory that you "want to be true". Its obvious that you like to attach yourself to theories that go against the majority. Hell, if someone associated with mainstream science came out with proof that aliens exist, you would probably start posting threads about about how it was just a government conspiracy!

And don't trash the tank just because you've had your feelings hurt. You're acting like a child that got picked last in dodgeball, storming off saying "well its a stupid game anyways!" Maybe its time to join the checkers club, so you can throw you weight around again and no one will oppose you.

And by the way... maybe you should come see me to get your shoulder checked out? I think it might be damaged from that huge chip you've been hauling around. glasses8

Hey man, I'm just done arguing (with you and other people). Seems like I've spent a great deal of time over the last decade, discussing (and much of it in real life/not just the internet) theories, concepts and ideas...philosophy (which I previously, in my teens, 20's and thirties...ignored) because I had other priorities. Namely the pursuit of the almighty dollar and hot babes. I was as mainstream as 'they come' from 1979 til 2000. Heheh, I voted for Ronnie Raygun in 1984, and Bob Dole...in 1996!!!

You'd have looked at me, sitting in college classes or at a bar or gym or place of employment (especially) and sworn up and down that I was a tight wad, ultra-conservative, trim and fit...young republican. Complete, with a stick up my ass and the idea that I was a much better person than 90% of those around me. I wanted to be like the Executive Vice President at that financial services company I toiled at for 8 years. I couldn't be him, but I could look and act like him. What a waste of 8 years...

I looked like (a great deal of those twenty years) some Wall Street shyster in knock off $6000 suits...(which I paid substantially less for, off the rack and slightly tailored - because I was and do remain ... a cheapass, too).

Unless you got to know me, and I let down my shields (Mr. Spock)...and invited you inside my walls...you'd have thought I was a guy who didn't give a fuck about anything except business. Unless you were built like Dancing_Doll or LadyX... evil4 Especially Xuani. I loved those clubs, man.

Actually, I should probably discuss with you, this injury I sustained to my left ankle, when I was 15 years old...and what I think is the main reason why I constantly roll that ankle completely over...often, just walking. Sometimes it fails on me, when I'm just leaning against a wall or bar, trying to look cool. It's a bit embarrassing to tumble on my ass...when I'm trying to be nonchalant and uber suave.

My ego is the last thing I need help assuaging. Psychological help was sought and well received by me at the age of 36. As was freedom from drug addiction. What can I say, I was a major fucking asshole from about 26 to 36, in many ways. Self recognition is key.

But education is something I need much more of. I shall endeavor to learn from you, going forward!

Cheers Pint Drunk

sprite
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 10:02:43 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:

Oh, look at Sprite! Isn't she just so cute!!!?

(Muahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!)

you know, for the record? not as funny as you might think. i'm sure DD's not laughing either. or really, ANY of the women here. we have valid opinions too and just beacuse i might be cute and bubbly and a little spacy at times, doesn't mean i shouldn't be taken seriously. so yeah, that kind of stuff is just a wee bit insulting, to be blunt.

DamonX
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 9:57:10 PM

Quote:
Hey man, I'm just done arguing (with you and other people). Seems like I've spent a great deal of time over the last decade, discussing (and much of it in real life/not just the internet) theories, concepts and ideas...philosophy (which I previously, in my teens, 20's and thirties...ignored) because I had other priorities. Namely the pursuit of the almighty dollar and hot babes. I was as mainstream as 'they come' from 1979 til 2000. Heheh, I voted for Ronnie Raygun in 1984, and Bob Dole...in 1996!!!

You'd have looked at me, sitting in college classes or at a bar or gym or place of employment (especially) and sworn up and down that I was a tight wad, ultra-conservative, trim and fit...young republican. Complete, with a stick up my ass and the idea that I was a much better person than 90% of those around me. I wanted to be like the Executive Vice President at that financial services company I toiled at for 8 years. I couldn't be him, but I could look and act like him. What a waste of 8 years...

I looked like (a great deal of those twenty years) some Wall Street shyster in knock off $6000 suits...(which I paid substantially less for, off the rack and slightly tailored - because I was and do remain ... a cheapass, too).

Unless you got to know me, and I let down my shields (Mr. Spock)...and invited you inside my walls...you'd have thought I was a guy who didn't give a fuck about anything except business. Unless you were built like Dancing_Doll or LadyX... evil4 Especially Xuani. I loved those clubs, man.

Don't equate selfishness and ambilvalence with logical reasoning. I'm not sure if you are insinuating that I am somehow like the WMM of 1979-2000, or that the 1980's stereotypical caricature that you've presented is the only alternative to crackpot conspiracist ideology, but there is a middle ground. I can see that you associate me with the "system" because you have obviously prefabricated some image of me in your mind but I think you might be surprised. Pursuit of knowledge and pursuit of money are actually usually mutually exclusive ideals, and trust me, I do not fall into the latter category.

Quote:
Actually, I should probably discuss with you, this injury I sustained to my left ankle, when I was 15 years old...and what I think is the main reason why I constantly roll that ankle completely over...often, just walking. Sometimes it fails on me, when I'm just leaning against a wall or bar, trying to look cool. It's a bit embarrassing to tumble on my ass...when I'm trying to be nonchalant and uber suave.

Well, everytime you roll your ankle, you damage the lateral ligaments of the ankle, particularly the anterior talofibular ligament. As the ligaments become stretched and torn, they no longer are able to perform their function of limiting excessive lateral ankle movement, destabilizing the joint and increasing the chances of it reoccurring. the best way to prevent future injury is to strengthen the lateral muscles of the lower leg (the peroneals) since the passive stabilizers can no longer to their job. You could also wear an ankle brace or supportive shoes that go up past the ankle to prevent further damage.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 1:58:28 PM

DamonX wrote:

Don't equate selfishness and ambilvalence with logical reasoning. I'm not sure if you are insinuating that I am somehow like the WMM of 1979-2000, or that the 1980's stereotypical caricature that you've presented is the only alternative to crackpot conspiracist ideology, but there is a middle ground. I can see that you associate me with the "system" because you have obviously prefabricated some image of me in your mind but I think you might be surprised. Pursuit of knowledge and pursuit of money are actually usually mutually exclusive ideals, and trust me, I do not fall into the latter category.

Well, everytime you roll your ankle, you damage the lateral ligaments of the ankle, particularly the anterior talofibular ligament. As the ligaments become stretched and torn, they no longer are able to perform their function of limiting excessive lateral ankle movement, destabilizing the joint and increasing the chances of it reoccurring. the best way to prevent future injury is to strengthen the lateral muscles of the lower leg (the peroneals) since the passive stabilizers can no longer to their job. You could also wear an ankle brace or supportive shoes that go up past the ankle to prevent further damage.

What do I owe you for the diagnosis, Doc? I think I need a good brace, but they look so dorky under nylons socks and slacks, with loafers.

I wasn't insinuating anything towards you, above, Damon. You are nowhere near the person I was for 30 years. (I don't think). You and I will never be the same kind of cat. I was just recounting what I was and where I came from. 9/11 was the seminal event which occurred in my life and got me to thinking about a lot of things.

And a lot of things that day did not add up with the official government story put forth.

Now the next question would be...how does anything that may have happened (or not) that day...lead, even tangentially to whacky evolution/creationist/panspermia theories?

Nine years is a long time... Shhh

For comparison's sake only - think how you might have evolved or changed, since September 2001?

DamonX
Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:54:08 PM

Quote:
What do I owe you for the diagnosis, Doc? I think I need a good brace, but they look so dorky under nylons socks and slacks, with loafers.

Its on the house. Actually, I think there are some berries that might fix your ankle. If you send me 500 dollars I can mail them to you. :)

Quote:
Now the next question would be...how does anything that may have happened (or not) that day...lead, even tangentially to whacky evolution/creationist/panspermia theories?

ok...but having a conspiracy theory view on one topic is one thing. But when you project that view onto every possible other scenario, then something is wrong. It protrays a personality that thrives on contrarianism and looking for some evil "boogeyman" behind every shadow.

Quote:
For comparison's sake only - think how you might have evolved or changed, since September 2001?

Well, aside from the accumulation of more knowledge, I would like to think that I still have the same worldview as I had then. (Pssst...for the majority of the world, 9/11 wasn't a huge reality changing event.) The ability to logically evaluate information really doesn't depend on the decade or the age of the person.

That just might be more of my "pablum" though.....
WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2011 5:56:15 AM

DamonX wrote:

Well, aside from the accumulation of more knowledge, I would like to think that I still have the same worldview as I had then. (Pssst...for the majority of the world, 9/11 wasn't a huge reality changing event.) The ability to logically evaluate information really doesn't depend on the decade or the age of the person.

That just might be more of my "pablum" though.....

Psst...sometimes I could give a fuck about how the rest of the world perceives an event which does not affect them (or shouldn't) since that event did not occur within the borders of their country.

I mean, I harbor no ill will towards Canada, nor Australia, nor Uganda, but I could literally give a flying fuck what occurs in those countries, as I never visit them. I was visiting NYC back during that time frame. I don't now anyone who perished that day (directly nor indirectly).

And it's just comment to you, from me, Damon...but I've noticed that you have a huge chip on your shoulder about anything which we American's might experience or comment upon. Many of 'us' realize that the world doesn't revolve around 'us'. 'We' in America, many of us anyway...have dire concerns about our country and how it's past and present behavior in the international relations arena are perceived by the rest of the world's citizens.

You don't really need to constantly hammer your own utter contempt, but you are free to do so. It just makes you appear to be smaller in stature than what I think you wish to be regarded. My 2 cents

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 3:57:53 AM

Looks like the Panspermia theory just received a huge jolt of probability over the weekend.

http://journalofcosmology.com/Life100.html

Fossils of Cyanobacteria in CI1 Carbonaceous Meteorites
Richard B. Hoover, Ph.D. NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center

Synopsis

Dr. Hoover has discovered evidence of microfossils similar to Cyanobacteria, in freshly fractured slices of the interior surfaces of the Alais, Ivuna, and Orgueil CI1 carbonaceous meteorites. Based on Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy (FESEM) and other measures, Dr. Hoover has concluded they are indigenous to these meteors and are similar to trichomic cyanobacteria and other trichomic prokaryotes such as filamentous sulfur bacteria. He concludes these fossilized bacteria are not Earthly contaminants but are the fossilized remains of living organisms which lived in the parent bodies of these meteors, e.g. comets, moons, and other astral bodies. Coupled with a wealth of date published elsewhere and in previous editions of the Journal of Cosmology, and as presented in the edited text, "The Biological Big Bang", the implications are that life is everywhere, and that life on Earth may have come from other planets.

Members of the Scientific community were invited to analyze the results and to write critical commentaries or to speculate about the implications. These commentaries will be published on March 7 through March 10, 2011 and can be accessed at this link:

Jacknife
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 7:22:31 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
Looks like the Panspermia theory just received a huge jolt of probability over the weekend.

http://journalofcosmology.com/Life100.html

Fossils of Cyanobacteria in CI1 Carbonaceous Meteorites
Richard B. Hoover, Ph.D. NASA/Marshall Space Flight Center

Synopsis

Dr. Hoover has discovered evidence of microfossils similar to Cyanobacteria, in freshly fractured slices of the interior surfaces of the Alais, Ivuna, and Orgueil CI1 carbonaceous meteorites. Based on Field Emission Scanning Electron Microscopy (FESEM) and other measures, Dr. Hoover has concluded they are indigenous to these meteors and are similar to trichomic cyanobacteria and other trichomic prokaryotes such as filamentous sulfur bacteria. He concludes these fossilized bacteria are not Earthly contaminants but are the fossilized remains of living organisms which lived in the parent bodies of these meteors, e.g. comets, moons, and other astral bodies. Coupled with a wealth of date published elsewhere and in previous editions of the Journal of Cosmology, and as presented in the edited text, "The Biological Big Bang", the implications are that life is everywhere, and that life on Earth may have come from other planets.

Members of the Scientific community were invited to analyze the results and to write critical commentaries or to speculate about the implications. These commentaries will be published on March 7 through March 10, 2011 and can be accessed at this link:

How does this affect any of the previous discussion? Panspermia is certainly not a theory that is incompatible with evolution.

Because abiogenesis is not understood i.e we don't know how life actually began at present, it is no problem at all to accept the possibility that life began somewhere else in the galaxy, found its way to earth and then began to evolve. If anything this would just allow more conditions for abiogenesis to have started in.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:27:10 PM

Jacknife wrote:

Because abiogenesis is not understood i.e we don't know how life actually began at present, it is no problem at all to accept the possibility that life began somewhere else in the galaxy, found its way to earth and then began to evolve. If anything this would just allow more conditions for abiogenesis to have started in.

Jack, it's at the crux of my whacky third theory of how life 'originated' on this planet. And how life continued to evolve, not just on this planet, through the many different environments which have existed during the entire 'guesstimated' 4.6 billion span of Earth's history since it coagulated out of the debris from the solar system's creation.

I believe, although it is not well stated in the theory of Panspermia, that because this planet constantly receives a shower of meteoric and cometary debris, daily...that all life in the known universe (if not just within our arm of the galaxy) will likely resemble that which we see here on this planet (or that which has been seen - now fossilized - on this planet, and some perhaps (because the environment of Earth never reached certain sustained parameters) which is quite different from any that has evolved or appeared yet on Earth.

The next question would be...'But where did those unique molecules of life first originate?'

And that, we may never know. But, unlike some people...I have no definite answers. I just have a slew of questions and many theories (other's guesses) which I put forth. I don't automatically shutter out any thoughts, although some, I don't hold much hope in being accurate.

Panspermia might not be 60% accurate at present. Or it might be.

DirtyMartini
Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:53:29 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

I believe, that because this planet constantly receives a shower of meteoric and cometary debris, daily...that all life in the known universe (if not just within our arm of the galaxy) will likely resemble that which we see here on this planet

Wow...do you mean to say that somewhere on a far off planet, in a distant galaxy, there may be beings just like us, arguing in a sex story forum just like this one, that the origin of life may have occurred on a distant planet such as Earth...

Wow...this is getting heavy...Regaeman Man

You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:20:32 AM

Another website run by a bunch of 15 year old bloggers and conspiracy nutbars.

http://journalofcosmology.com/About.html

Life on Earth, Came From Other Planets.
Rhawn Joseph Ph.D, Rudolf Schild Ph.D. and Chandra Wickramasinghe Ph.D. (Jan 6, 2010)
ISBN-10: 0974975591
ISBN-13: 978-0974975597

There is biological evidence of life in this planet's oldest rocks. Genetic evidence indicates life has a genetic pedigree extending backwards in time billions of years before Earth was formed. The genetic "Seeds of Life" flow throughout the cosmos, and contain the genes and genetic instructions for the evolution and metamorphosis of every creature which has walked, crawled, swam or slithered across the Earth. Once these life forms fell to Earth, they terraformed the planet, creating an oxygen atmosphere and secreting oceans of calcium which enabled oxygen breathing animals with bones and brains to evolve.

Living creatures modify the environment, which acts on gene selection giving rise to tissues, organs, and species which had been coded into genes inherited from ancestral species whose own ancestors hailed from other worlds. What we call "evolution" is under precise genetic control, similar to embryogenesis and metamorphosis, and involves complex gene-environmental interactions. Evolution is not random but is instead the replication of creatures which long ago lived on other planets.

Dr. Chandra Wickramasinghe (along with his colleague astrophysicist Fred Hoyle) is the "father" of the field known today as "astrobiology." (Hoyle coined the term "The Big Bang"). Dr. Rudy Schild is a famed astrophysicist hailing from the Center for Astrophysics at the Harvard-Smithsonian. Dr. Rhawn Joseph began his scientific career in the 1970s making major discoveries in biology and the neurosciences which triggered a paradigm-shift in scientific thought.

According to Dr. Joseph, Earth is Not the Center of the Biological Universe.

If Life were to appear on a desert island we wouldn't claim it was randomly assembled in an organic soup or created by the hand of god; we'd conclude it washed to shore or fell from the sky. Earth too, is an island, orbiting in a sea of space, and living creatures and their DNA have been washing to shore and falling from the sky since our planets creation.

The likelihood that life on Earth was created in an Earthly-organic soup is the equivalent of discovering a computer on Mars and proclaiming it was randomly assembled in the Methane Sea.

What is the origin of life? Genetics indicates a 10B.Y. ancestry. Life may have many origins including within primordial planets drifting within nebular clouds.

It has been scientifically demonstrated that microbes can easily survive the ejection from and crash landing onto a planet, and a prolonged journey through space. Bacteria, archae, and viruses have taken root on innumerable worlds much older than our own, and act as interplanetary genetic messengers, acquiring genes and transferring genes from species to species as they and their descendants are deposited on innumerable worlds following cosmic collisions.

The Earth, too, was seeded with life, which fell upon the new planet encased in meteors, asteroids, comets, and oceans of ice.

Once on Earth, microbes and viruses exchanged genes, possibly with single celled eukaryotes, triggering multi-cellularity and then the evolution of plants and animals perfectly adapted for a world which had been genetically transformed and prepared for them.

Genes act on the environment, genetically altering the environment, and the altered environment (in conjunction with regulatory genes) acts on genes which had been inherited from ancestral species which long ago lived on other worlds.

Evolution is not random. Just as apple seeds contain the genetic instructions for the growth of apple trees, these genetic seeds of life contained the DNA-instructions for the Tree of Life, and the metamorphosis of all life, including woman and man: the replication of creatures which long ago lived on other planets.

Jacknife
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:08:13 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
Jacknife wrote:

Jack, it's at the crux of my whacky third theory of how life 'originated' on this planet. And how life continued to evolve, not just on this planet, through the many different environments which have existed during the entire 'guesstimated' 4.6 billion span of Earth's history since it coagulated out of the debris from the solar system's creation.

I believe, although it is not well stated in the theory of Panspermia, that because this planet constantly receives a shower of meteoric and cometary debris, daily...that all life in the known universe (if not just within our arm of the galaxy) will likely resemble that which we see here on this planet (or that which has been seen - now fossilized - on this planet, and some perhaps (because the environment of Earth never reached certain sustained parameters) which is quite different from any that has evolved or appeared yet on Earth.

The next question would be...'But where did those unique molecules of life first originate?'

And that, we may never know. But, unlike some people...I have no definite answers. I just have a slew of questions and many theories (other's guesses) which I put forth. I don't automatically shutter out any thoughts, although some, I don't hold much hope in being accurate.

Why is it that when anyone disagree with you, they are shut off, closed minded?

You aren't even arguing the same thing.

Evolution is a theory that explains how we have the diversity of life we see around us. It has nothing( and when I say nothing I mean fuck all) to say on how life "began" or "originated" on the planet. A requirement for evolution to take place is that some form of replicating life is already present.

What you are attempting to argue against is abiogenesis "How non living matter combined to became Life." Now that could chemically form on this planet, another planet, a comet, asteroid or other stella body and have been transported to earth. No where has anyone said that is an impossible occurance. You can even postulate that a more advanced civilization created basic life and put it on a meteorite and sent it out to seed the galaxy (although this leaves you to the problem of where did that civilization come from)

If you want to believe in Panspermia, no one is stopping you from doing so. Personally I'll wait for some much smarter men than me to do some proper research into it. And if Panspermia happens to be correct then so be it, but it won't prove a problem for evolution.
DirtyMartini
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:31:21 PM

You know, while you guys were sitting around arguing about I managed to come up with a definitive answer to the question...

You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:59:04 PM

Jacknife wrote:
WellMadeMale wrote:
Jacknife wrote:

Why is it that when anyone disagree with you, they are shut off, closed minded?

You aren't even arguing the same thing.

Evolution is a theory that explains how we have the diversity of life we see around us. It has nothing( and when I say nothing I mean fuck all) to say on how life "began" or "originated" on the planet. A requirement for evolution to take place is that some form of replicating life is already present.

What you are attempting to argue against is abiogenesis "How non living matter combined to became Life." Now that could chemically form on this planet, another planet, a comet, asteroid or other stella body and have been transported to earth. No where has anyone said that is an impossible occurance. You can even postulate that a more advanced civilization created basic life and put it on a meteorite and sent it out to seed the galaxy (although this leaves you to the problem of where did that civilization come from)

If you want to believe in Panspermia, no one is stopping you from doing so. Personally I'll wait for some much smarter men than me to do some proper research into it. And if Panspermia happens to be correct then so be it, but it won't prove a problem for evolution.

Heh, Jack...I am not shutting anyone off.

I have no doubts about evolution. I've believed in the certain aspects of the overall theory of evolution, ever since I was first introduced to it at the age of 8...and around the age of 17 when I started really thinking about it.

What I'm espousing is that 'rainfall' from beyond our breathable atmosphere is continually raining down upon this planet. There are countless different 'alien' lifeforms constantly falling on our land, into our oceans, all over our environment.

These bacterial or viral forms of different life, might well be combining with what is already here, to again 'evolve' ever more different forms of life.

And, Jack...I'm 'not arguing anything' with you, or Damon or anyone else. I'm just throwing stuff out on the tabletop for further examination. You choose to do so if you wish. Or you can attack the messenger. That's your perogative too. evil4

Many people don't know where to begin to look for this kind of information. Some would like to know, and others...simply don't have this topic on their personal priority lists.

It didn't start to come up on my radar with any real interest til I was about 42 years of age. I had other, more pressing and hedonistic, immediately pleasurable topics to pursue 'back then'.

I'm in the evolution camp. But it's in the tent that's down the path a bit and not the main exposition canopy.