Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

vancouver 2011 riot Options · View
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:01:24 PM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150225830458586&set=o.223308994355107&type=1&theater

people went down for the riot, win or lose there was oing to be a riot. innocent people were hurt and some people are smiling and laughing about it. like what is wrong with people. this wasnt about the canucks losing it was about low lifes thinking its cool to ruin our city. And taxes, yeah now we all are going to be paying it off.
Rembacher
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:26:54 PM

It would definitely seem that a small group of people decided to take advantage of the fact that there would be a large group of people in an area, making it hard for the police to react to any threat. The articles I've read have made mention that the average fan doesn't carry around tools to light cars on fire, which I tend to agree with. It's really unfortunate, since I really liked the idea of thousands, probably hundreds of thousands, of people gathering in the street to party and enjoy a hockey game together. I read that one store, a London Drugs Pharmacy, figures that repairs for its store alone will cost close to $1,000,000.00. That's some serious destruction, that as Justine said, has to be paid for by someone.

It does make me wonder about other hockey riots in history, specifically the "Richard Riots" in 1955. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Riot Had they happened today, would we have seen it as passionate fans reacting to an English speaking commissioner showing up in their arena after suspending their Francophone hero for the rest of the playoffs? (unjustly in their mind, though swinging your stick at an official would now probably get you a life ban.) Or would we simply see that too, as a small group of people taking advantage of an excuse to riot? (I apologize Justine, if this second paragraph is too much of a thread jack)
unicorn92
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:30:27 PM

wow that is some real fucked up shit :O
INNOCENTMISERY
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:32:57 PM

They're all fucking morons.

"Nos laetus epulor qui would domito nos. (We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.)"
"Nil satis nisi optimum. (Nothing but the best will do.)"
"I hate it when things don't go my way. It makes me so...horny." - Sarah Michelle Gellar (Kathryn, Cruel Intentions)
"Sex is just alone time with someone else there." - Taint on The Lex And Terry Show, 11/11/09
"Stupidity isn't a crime, so you're free to go."
"I am The Devil, too. There can only be one devil. One of us must go." - Ozzy Osbourne at the end of his cover of "Sympathy For The Devil"
"Your ego is not your amigo." - Nikki Sixx, The Heroin Diaries
"It's my world. I'm just letting you live here." - Mandy, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 12:13:37 AM

wow! That is so crazy!! I have never seen anything like that in my life!
That is ridiculous - those people were destroying property that had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TEAM - so how does that fix anything?! (No I am NOT suggesting they should have destroyed things that affected the team EITHER!)
I honestly would have been really scared if I was there!
MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 5:48:10 PM

Let me first just say that I love Vancouver. It's a very nice city, and the people there are just bitchin'. I feel really sorry for the upset you guys have suffered.

That said...

You guys have a LOT to learn about throwing a proper riot...

Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 6:17:59 PM

Welcome to England baby....football definitely brings the worst out of the english...I find people behave so hideously before/during/after games that I now refuse to venture into areas where I'm likely to run into 'football fans' (trains/the london underground being the worst!).

Anyhow....it appears it isn't just England that goes crazy with a case of being a bad loser after a sports loss...but still, it's not nice and it's definitely not acceptable.
DamonX
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 7:42:00 PM

I would like to say that that riot was NOT about hockey. The same thing happened in 1994, and when game 7 was going to be held in Vancouver again, everyone here expected the same thing. It would have happened whether the Canucks won or lost. I hate reading the international news and hearing them say that it was "upset canucks fans" who were angry the team lost....

There were people who went down there, not only expecting to riot, but hoping for it. Who brings a black ski mask to a sports event?? These idiots were not angry or upset. You can see the footage. They are excited, lustful and almost euphoric. The good thing is, that with so many bystanders taking pictures and the prevalance of social media, the majority of these retards are going to be caught and prosecuted.

Sandrine
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 8:13:55 PM

I truly hope the police are able to identify those that are on camera. Bring them in, make them talk, get the rest.

In custody.

I love baseball!!!

thepainter
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 5:07:09 AM

Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 5:11:06 AM

thepainter wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-identity-of-Vancouver-8217-s-famous-kissing?urn=nhl-wp7436

I love that picture of the couple on the ground kissing while the riots are happening around them.
rudyP34
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 5:38:52 AM

LittleBambi wrote:
Welcome to England baby....football definitely brings the worst out of the english...I find people behave so hideously before/during/after games that I now refuse to venture into areas where I'm likely to run into 'football fans' (trains/the london underground being the worst!).

Anyhow....it appears it isn't just England that goes crazy with a case of being a bad loser after a sports loss...but still, it's not nice and it's definitely not acceptable.

It's not about being sore losers. The same shit happened after the montréal canadiens' win in 1993. All it is is a few troublemakers who figure they can get away with it by blending into a crowd. These people don't necessarily even care about hockey. They were attracted to the crowd.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 9:01:51 AM

rudyP34 wrote:
LittleBambi wrote:

It's not about being sore losers. The same shit happened after the montréal canadiens' win in 1993. All it is is a few troublemakers who figure they can get away with it by blending into a crowd. These people don't necessarily even care about hockey. They were attracted to the crowd.

The Black Bloc is an anarchist group that travels around looking for opportunities to vandalize and riot at various protests (all wearing the black scarves or masks over their faces). I see the sports-rioting thing as just an extension of this. Sports fans don't typically go out to support their teams carrying molotov cocktails and crowbars in their back-packs.

The people that are drawn to mayhem and criminal activity are like parasites waiting for the right opportunity to crawl out of their dark holes and inflict damage... whether it's a protest, a sports event or a disaster-aftermath like Katrina.

lafayettemister
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:11:28 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
rudyP34 wrote:
LittleBambi wrote:

The Black Bloc is an anarchist group that travels around looking for opportunities to vandalize and riot at various protests (all wearing the black scarves or masks over their faces). I see the sports-rioting thing as just an extension of this. Sports fans don't typically go out to support their teams carrying molotov cocktails and crowbars in their back-packs.

The people that are drawn to mayhem and criminal activity are like parasites waiting for the right opportunity to crawl out of their dark holes and inflict damage... whether it's a protest, a sports event or a disaster-aftermath like Katrina.

I live less than an hour from New Orleans. The crap that went on after Katrina hit was horrible. There were "parasites" in positions of authority and in the general public. The shootings, the looting, the cover ups, the greed.. lots of greed.. were out of control. And then the con artists came out and took the hard earned money of many many people via contruction/cleanup-type scams.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Buz
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 7:46:39 AM

I thought the 2011 Vancouver Riot was caused by Ashleigh Lake aka Dancing Doll wearing a micro-mini skirt while walking downtown Vancouver. Wow! That'd make me want to start a riot!

I have written a new poem. It is called 'Long Twisty Woman.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx