Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Sex Percentage Options · View
latinfoxy
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 10:53:53 PM

Talking to some friends we were wondering how important was sex on each others relationships, and i got to wonder what about you Lushies? how much weight those sex has on your relationships.

For me its between 65 to 70%

*Edit:* Its not about how good the sex has to be, its about how important it is.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 11:20:54 PM

umm... *blushes* lack of sex, or lack of good sex, well, lack of great sex, actually, would be a relationship killer for me - yes, i AM that shallow. percentage wise, not even sure the number... it's high, tho.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Magical_felix
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 11:36:59 PM

Great sex is really important. The best sex I've had is with women I really love so the better the sex the better the relationship in my opinion. To me sex is like anything else in a relationship. If your time alone with each other is spent being bored or arguing or if it feels like one person just isn't there than the sex is gonna be the same. Lack of passion in the relationship translates to lack of passion in bed. So 110%. Yeah... I'm an over-achiever.

raginbabyjane420
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 12:56:21 AM

Lack of sex is definitely a bad sign in a relationship. I would say at least 80%
Just-SJ
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 4:10:03 AM

I'm a very sexual person. My drive is high, I write about it, and I enjoy it a LOT! So if the sex isn't there, then there's no romantic relationship for me. I'm just too selfish to give it up.

Follow my blog! Latest post: Shake Your Bootie
Dudealicious
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 7:50:51 AM

Sex is a huge thing for me in a relationship, the intimacy and the connection you gain through having sex is very unique. I would say I am an extremely high percentage! In fact lack of sex lead to a demise of my previous marriage, hey if you aren't having sex with your partner, aren't you "just friends"?

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

Rembacher
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 8:55:39 AM

I think this is another one of those polls where our location is going to skew our results. I'm curious whether even one lushie will say that sex isn't important. For me, it's definitely up there. If I'm not sexually satisfied, then I would consider it a friends with benefits situation at best. I guess that would make it 90-100%.
WorkAlone
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 8:59:19 AM

Sex in a 'real' relationship is the physical manifestation of the other aspects of the relationship. It can be extremely connective and we've all had 'make-up sex' that restored things after a bad patch, reminding us of the connection we have. Most of us, well most of us beyond a certain age ;), have also had the opposite...sex with a partner that left us flat, indicating it was over. As a percentage, it's hard to judge since it's really indicative of other factors. Without those other factors, the sex falls apart and so does the relationship, so how much is the sex and how much is the other factors and which is the cause and which is the symptom? I, for one, am not so sure

Anyways,

good relationship <--> good sex

bad relationship <--> bad sex
latinfoxy
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 12:09:14 PM

I think i didnt express myself correctly, but thanks for the answers anyway!!

*shakes head* (sometimes i dont even make sense to myself :p)
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 12:27:37 PM

What's location got to do with this?

Unless you're sitting in a mental ward where sexual contact between patients is not allowed, or you're jammed into the penitentiary where it's definitely frowned upon and generally not desired anyway.

I guess you could be stuck in some shithole and not want to choose a sexual partner from among the local population within a 100 kilometer radius of your home base.

I think it has more to do with timing, as do many things. The older I've grown, the less emphasis I have placed on absolutely needing a female partner who also wants or needs sexual contact at the drop of a hat.

I'd still like to be with a woman who is open to the idea of intimacy which may well include some degree of sexual intercourse or oral give & take. It's not 100% the most important aspect for me anymore. The fact that for a long period of time in my life, this was the factor which was of the highest priority, might explain why...at 50 some odd years of age...I have never married, nor been with a partner for longer than six years.

No regrets allowed. crybaby

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
latinfoxy
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 12:34:35 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

Unless you're sitting in a mental ward where sexual contact between patients is not allowed, or you're jammed into the penitentiary where it's definitely frowned upon and generally not desired anyway.

I guess you could be stuck in some shithole and not want to choose a sexual partner from among the local population within a 100 kilometer radius of your home base.

What?? location?? boy now i am really confused!! i think im having a really blonde day or just forgot how to speak english completely
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 12:44:50 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

I think he meant that lush was the location and everyone here gets turned on by a gentle breeze so of course we're all gonna say sex is really important. I THINK thats what he meant anyway...

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 1:32:28 PM

Sex is very important to a great relationship, especially in establishing intimacy.

However...

It's not 'the' most important thing. I think love, affection and connection are the most important things over time, and sex is an expression of these things. At various points in life, sex may have to be back-burnered for a couple (whether due to ageing, illness, physical separation, accident etc.). Does that mean that you abandon the relationship because you can't have sex?

For an able-bodied, healthy couple, I agree that if you're not physically connecting then your relationship probably isn't on solid ground. It's more the avoiding it or feeling like you can't be bothered that would raise the red-flag.

Overall, I'd probably rank sexual compatibility and emotional compatibility as equally important factors in a good relationship.

latinfoxy
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 1:38:53 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
Sex is very important to a great relationship, especially in establishing intimacy.

However...

It's not 'the' most important thing. I think love, affection and connection are the most important things over time, and sex is an expression of these things. At various points in life, sex may have to be back-burnered for a couple (whether due to ageing, illness, physical separation, accident etc.). Does that mean that you abandon the relationship because you can't have sex?

For an able-bodied, healthy couple, I agree that if you're not physically connecting then your relationship probably isn't on solid ground. It's more the avoiding it or feeling like you can't be bothered that would raise the red-flag.

Overall, I'd probably rank sexual compatibility and emotional compatibility as equally important factors in a good relationship.

Yeihhh!!! see i needed another blonde to understand what i was talking about!!! thanks DD for translating my messy mind to human words! *kisses*
Southern_Sass
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:45:46 AM

As a divorced woman, sex was not the thing I missed the most, it was the intimacy. The touches and caresses as you pass one another, the hands threaded in the hair while getting that lil end of the day neck massage, holding hands while watching a movie, cooking dinner together, laying in bed, legs intertwined, while just talking about your day. In my relatioship now, I have all those things and more. Don't get me wrong, at all please, sex is great, however I prefer a well rounded man capable of satisfying me physically as well as emotionally.

clum
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:49:16 PM

I can fully imagine having a sexless relationship, if I had to, as long as there were other kinds of closeness. However, in the long run I want children, so we would at least need reproductive sex.

Every day is a school day.
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:01:25 PM

Hollywood3 wrote:
As a divorced woman, sex was not the thing I missed the most, it was the intimacy. The touches and caresses as you pass one another, the hands threaded in the hair while getting that lil end of the day neck massage, holding hands while watching a movie, cooking dinner together, laying in bed, legs intertwined, while just talking about your day. In my relatioship now, I have all those things and more. Don't get me wrong, at all please, sex is great, however I prefer a well rounded man capable of satisfying me physically as well as emotionally.

You stated the importance of the relationship in the total very well and I agree. But even with all those things. I am afraid I would be very difficult to live with, if sex was turned off from one source or another completely. Yes I know one may Masturbate and I do often, but it has a very short shelf life and will never replace the real thing with either a man or another woman.
stephanie
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 4:28:46 PM

Hollywood3 wrote:

I like this post very much. Ms. Hollywood has in a simple paragraph illustrated what it is that we all want from a one-on-one relationship....

Yes, of course, sex is important, (speaking for myself only, I'm a highly sexed individual and I've surprised partners with my appetite, not always, in truth, to their pleasure...) but it really is the intimacy that one craves.... The simple joy in watching a lover enjoy a meal that you've cooked for her; the stupid pleasure, (so much more yours than hers) as you surprise her with an unexpected gift; the beautiful moment when a tender goodnight caress becomes something a little steamier and more involving...

I read WMM's comments earlier and as usual I was both amused and connecting.... I'm in middle age now and still as horny as ever I was but with a certain relaxedness that in truth gives a beautiful graciousness to the whole 'partner' lark... I don't tend to expect sex on a first date anymore, for example... (I most certainly would have in my youth...) and yet that occasionally happens, and always to the surprise and delight of both participants...

I no longer do one-night-stands, or hardly ever at least, I really AM a bit too old for that...

I was out recently with an ex- date, (we just had lunch) who currently lives with another guy and she was bemoaning the fact that his libido isn't quite what she's used to... "I mean," she said, "You used to RUN home from work to fuck me....." (And indeed I did...)

But of course although the sex was incredible and we are still friends the sex ALONE wasn't enough to keep us together..... (And in the way that people on this site will understand I still think about that girl even now.....)

I think sex really is all-important..... Certainly for me... Good sex cements good relationships... But the difficulty of finding a great relationship while enjoying great sex?????

Well I haven't quite figured that one out yet......

xx SF

Imbecile! - de som empire
Si nos efforts te delevraient,
Tes baisers ressuseraient
Le cadavere de ton Wampyr! (Baudelaire.)
(I'll ATTEMPT a free translation...)
"Idiot! Even if our efforts were
To deliver you from Her empire,
Your kisses would bring back to life
The corpse of your beloved Vampire."
EVERYONE WHO SPEAKS FRENCH: "THat isn't quite correct..."
ArtMan
Posted: Thursday, June 30, 2011 1:36:20 PM

60% — But then again I am twice divorced, what do I know?

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Posted: Monday, July 04, 2011 1:02:14 PM

Sex I can do without, still want it but can abstain from for long periods of time. It's intimacy that I can't seem to do without.
Sex 20%
Intimacy 95%
joanne84
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2011 4:45:42 AM

Hollywood3 wrote:

AMEN to that. As much as I'd want to say that sex is very important in my relationship (I'd say 80%), at the end of the day, sex with the man you love isn't as satisfying without the emotional connection behind it.

I like the imagery you just painted there too. Gahd, I miss the boyfriend.
Kitanica
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 2:42:23 AM

Never had a relationship so I guess 0% atm lol
mare24
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 8:46:51 PM

Hollywood3 wrote:
As a divorced woman, sex was not the thing I missed the most, it was the intimacy. The touches and caresses as you pass one another, the hands threaded in the hair while getting that lil end of the day neck massage, holding hands while watching a movie, cooking dinner together, laying in bed, legs intertwined, while just talking about your day. In my relationship now, I have all those things and more. Don't get me wrong, at all please, sex is great, however I prefer a well rounded man capable of satisfying me physically as well as emotionally.

Have to strongly agree. While I certainly enjoy sex tremendously, and feel that it is an important part of my relationship (at least 80%), without the intimacy the sex is no good. Oh don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed a quick romp as well, but if we are discussing relationships I feel intimacy is an enormous factor.
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:22:28 AM

Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:59:31 PM

We both say about 80%.t1517 ---- Ann and Mark