Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Do people really fall in love on lush? Options · View
MindsEye
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 12:28:24 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 1/14/2010
Posts: 75
Location: Canada
I am very open and honest on this site, there's no real risk of rejection, so if you really want to get to know someone well, this is not a bad place to start
ShyVixen
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:09:50 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 5/2/2009
Posts: 1,394
Location: United States
It's certainly possible. Maybe it begins as a friendship and forms into something more, but I think it's safe to say it's happened. I have seen it happen with friends here. Why are people skeptic of it happening on Lush? Is it that different from other social dating sites?
Guest
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:17:25 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
I don't see why not... I mean, love may strike in the unlikeliest of places, why not here?
If you really make that special connection with a certain someone then yes, I imagine you totally could...
It really isn't any different from meeting anyone anywhere else...
Guest
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:19:47 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
it might be possible yet I seriously doubt it on this site
ducky69
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 8:53:33 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/2/2009
Posts: 446
Location: My own little world
Shotgun011 wrote:
it might be possible yet I seriously doubt it on this site


Why do you doubt it could happen?

Rubber Ducky your the one, you make my life so much fun
Guest
Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 9:01:40 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
rudyP34 wrote:


I think it is possible to get to know someone very well, develop a friendship and then expand it into love. Sure, if it starts with lust, I doubt it develops much further than that. It's like learning to fly a plane without learning how to land it. If you try to build a relationship on that, you better hope you'll be able to glide indefinitely. But if two people start with the basics, with their character, their personality, their values, their hopes and dreams.. just like any solid relationship, I guess. But if you're here to cyber in the first place, and you start with "Do you like big cocks?", then no, I don't suppose you'll find love here.


While I do think A LOT of people on Lush confuse lust and love, I absolutely know it is possible to find love here. It has happened and continues to happen all the time. As many other people have said, why not here? It's just like meeting people anywhere else and most people are more open and honest here than they normally are in the real world, which is certainly the case with me as far as expressing my wants and desires. I also think that when a real relationship between Lushies develops, it is not something that only takes place on Lush. In most cases, it then progresses to the phone and/or meeting. It seems that some people are under the impression that the "love" only exists on Lush chats or something, which is not the case at all.

thesilkyknot
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 2:34:31 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/23/2011
Posts: 5,520
ducky69 wrote:
Shotgun011 wrote:
it might be possible yet I seriously doubt it on this site


Why do you doubt it could happen?



you doubt?
rudyP34
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:46:06 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/27/2010
Posts: 127
Location: Canada
Curlygirly wrote:
rudyP34 wrote:


I think it is possible to get to know someone very well, develop a friendship and then expand it into love. Sure, if it starts with lust, I doubt it develops much further than that. It's like learning to fly a plane without learning how to land it. If you try to build a relationship on that, you better hope you'll be able to glide indefinitely. But if two people start with the basics, with their character, their personality, their values, their hopes and dreams.. just like any solid relationship, I guess. But if you're here to cyber in the first place, and you start with "Do you like big cocks?", then no, I don't suppose you'll find love here.


While I do think A LOT of people on Lush confuse lust and love, I absolutely know it is possible to find love here. It has happened and continues to happen all the time. As many other people have said, why not here? It's just like meeting people anywhere else and most people are more open and honest here than they normally are in the real world, which is certainly the case with me as far as expressing my wants and desires. I also think that when a real relationship between Lushies develops, it is not something that only takes place on Lush. In most cases, it then progresses to the phone and/or meeting. It seems that some people are under the impression that the "love" only exists on Lush chats or something, which is not the case at all.




You're absolutely right. It's like meeting someone at the grocery store. The relationship doesn't have to take place just in the grocery store. It follows you outside and back home. Otherwise... seriously, a relationship that wouldn't leave the grocery store would put the "gross" into "grocery"...

And I have, myself, taken it to another level, i.e. the phone. I must say it's fantastic.
CellarDoor
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:07:24 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/11/2011
Posts: 126
Location: Realityville
I'm sure that people could definitely fall in love on Lush. It's not like their is some rule book on how or when or where people are allowed to fall in love.... it just happens. I would just be weary not to confuse lust with love.... because it happens too often and can only lead to heartache for at least one person in the end. All in all though - love is something that we should celebrate and embrace.... so if you have the opportunity to fall in love, you might as well take it. No matter if it happens here, at a grocery store, or at a bar... it will always be a big leap of faith to follow your heart.

Guest
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:00:40 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
I don't believe you can honestly and truly fall in love with someone ON the internet. I do however believe you can come across someone you could potentially fall in love with, take it outside of the internet (ie. into real life) and fall in love with that person.

I'm kind of of the opinion that people who sit on the internet saying they're 'in love' with someone they've never met...that strikes me as deluding oneself. If you've met the person and spent some time with them....then I believe that's a different matter entirely. :)
Ivyvines
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2011 3:11:07 AM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 5/31/2011
Posts: 6
It depends on what you consider love to be. The initial build up of an on going chat with someone doesn't usually last too long. Once you peak with a person sexually on lush, the intrigue tends to leave and it's on to the next little fix. In order to accomplish such a feat as love, you'd have to go beyond the sex so that the peak becomes a fix for the knowlege of the person. That is a rarity on a site like this. Still, emotional connections can happen with a perticularly slow sexual build up so I'm not going to say it's not possible, just very unlikely that you'd find your soul mate here.
thepainter
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2011 3:40:15 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/23/2009
Posts: 1,353
Location: hell, Netherlands
LittleBambi wrote:
I don't believe you can honestly and truly fall in love with someone ON the internet. I do however believe you can come across someone you could potentially fall in love with, take it outside of the internet (ie. into real life) and fall in love with that person.

I'm kind of of the opinion that people who sit on the internet saying they're 'in love' with someone they've never met...that strikes me as deluding oneself. If you've met the person and spent some time with them....then I believe that's a different matter entirely. :)


I agree that meeting IRL is an important point. It's easy to be infatuated online but after a while it will usually fade out.
Right from the start I told hb74 that I would want to meet IRL and we ended up meeting less than 3 months after we first spoke on lush (despite her being in Asia and me in Europe).
Some lush people were skeptical so that's why we posted the pic of us holding that "we love lushstories" sign.

I know a few other lushies have also met IRL despite sometimes being on the other side of the world. If you're really willing to spend the money and time to be together then it's as 'real' as any other relationship.

Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
thesilkyknot
Posted: Monday, August 01, 2011 10:08:17 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/23/2011
Posts: 5,520
YourSlutBella wrote:
I heard of some people falling in love on lush. Is it true? And are you sure it's not lust? Think



Need to know ..that "falling in love" anywhere..be it on net or in real... does not mean "getting together" always...

Guest
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 7:03:30 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
thepainter wrote:
I agree that meeting IRL is an important point. It's easy to be infatuated online but after a while it will usually fade out.
Right from the start I told hb74 that I would want to meet IRL and we ended up meeting less than 3 months after we first spoke on lush (despite her being in Asia and me in Europe).
Some lush people were skeptical so that's why we posted the pic of us holding that "we love lushstories" sign.

I know a few other lushies have also met IRL despite sometimes being on the other side of the world. If you're really willing to spend the money and time to be together then it's as 'real' as any other relationship.


Agreed, I met my last ex off the internet.... spoke with him for a few months before meeting up despite him only living an hour away. It wasn't 'meant to be' (like most to all 'relationships' are at 18 evil4 ), but I did feel strongly for him during the 7 or 8 months we had together.

The thing that 'gets' me is, as I mentioned above, people who sit there saying they love someone they've never met. This is the internet...it's impossible to truly portray yourself 100% accurately...therefore you can never really fully, and completely, 'know' someone on the internet. How can you be in love with someone that you don't fully know?

Not to mention that some people turn out to be completely different in real life... I've not had any truly bad internet meet ups, but I have had a couple of guys that have been considerably different to how they were online/on the phone etc etc. To say I loved them before meeting them would have been ridiculous... because, despite thinking I did, I clearly didn't really know them.

I'm sure there are some people on here who would find what I just said above offensive (infact I can think of a few people off the top of my head), and I'm sorry for that, but I do believe what I said above.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 9:15:03 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
I doubt you will fall in love the permanent kind on Lush, but when the door is opened you never knew if the Love of Your Life is standing there.

This comes from someone who could be your Mother.

I found the love of my life the last place I would have ever looked.

Good Luck when the time is right.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 12:51:56 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935

I like to believe ..... it is possible.

For some, their online Lush Love is all they need. For others, they require to meet; to feel that physical presence.

It all depends on what one needs and requires ... as Love.

*whistling .... All You Need is Love (by the Beatles)*
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 10:02:05 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
it is very possible for people to fall in love on here because i have experienced it... The Demon King and i met on here April 22 when i was known as submissivewhore19... And we have been together happily ever since even though we both thought it would just be sex. But i love him so much and wouldnt trade him for anything
love7 kekekegay love3 love10
Rembacher
Posted: Friday, August 05, 2011 12:51:17 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/16/2008
Posts: 1,106
I think it all depends on how you define love. If you are talking about the never-ending "I want to spend the rest of my life with only you" kind of love, then no, I don't think that can happen on lush alone. There's a physical aspect to that type of love which just can not be satisfied online no matter how great the cyber is. There is no cyber equivelant to me having my arms around her, feeling her touch against my skin. Doesn't even have to be sexual, it's an intimacy that can't happen online.

But, if we are talking about love as an emotion where the other person's happiness, or general emotional state affects your own, then yes, I do believe it is possible to love a person you met on lush. In some ways, it may actually be even easier to reach that point online than in real life, because the physical doesn't get in the way. Words are really all you have, so you take the time to get to know each other for who you truly are deep down inside. And when you truly know the other person, you share his or her hopes and dreams. Your heart fills with joy for every opportunity they get, and truly hurts when things don't go their way.
Guest
Posted: Monday, August 08, 2011 10:21:26 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
no I don't think so, most are infacuated with some one who speaks nice to them. they don't realize in the long run a relation on lush is like real life the longer you with some one the staler it becomes
rudyP34
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 5:44:11 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/27/2010
Posts: 127
Location: Canada
Guest wrote:
no I don't think so, most are infacuated with some one who speaks nice to them. they don't realize in the long run a relation on lush is like real life the longer you with some one the staler it becomes



If all your relationships get stale, it's because you probably don't love the person enough to make the EFFORTS to keep it fresh. If I was with someone and didn't feel like trying to make her happy, I hope she would dump me brutally.
Shaman
Posted: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 1:40:54 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/5/2013
Posts: 501
Location: In a Galaxy far far away, United States
yes
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 12:07:33 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
no that isn't weird!! why would it be? here you are free and you are whatever you are ... wild, lonley or lovable .. and some people get attracted to it ... so, you can't really say it is lust !! lust is completely different from love .... !!!
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:55:07 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
Indeed....
roymunson101
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:36:58 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/6/2011
Posts: 238
Location: United States
Abso-freaking-lutely
Guest
Posted: Thursday, October 17, 2013 6:32:41 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
Oh yes! sigh
Guest
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:34:05 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
Love can happen anytime, anywhere...
so y not on Lush??
captainhard
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:14:36 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/27/2012
Posts: 46
Oceanic_Love wrote:
Love can happen anytime, anywhere...
so y not on Lush??


Truly said... :)
eiffel2007
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:29:36 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 4/13/2012
Posts: 58
Location: United Kingdom
Yes they do, and will be eternally grateful to Lush for that.

Guest
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 1:44:11 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,935
Yes they do! I have...
lucky_dragonfly
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 2:11:31 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/12/2013
Posts: 38
Location: with my wolfy, USA
Aye, that they do indeed!!! I beleave I have to me pirate Captain Silverstud!!!

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.