Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Quick question, Dick or Cock? Options · View
PrettyMom
Posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:35:19 PM

Definitely Cock, dick is far to close to naming it. There is the occasional reason for it like "suck my dick bitch" or a character that would say it but that's about it for me. Personally I do occasionally like shaft, like "she impaled herself on his shaft". But that's more romance novel than erotica, so it is kind of what your going for. The use of penis is alright in a more clinical scene or when someone innocent is thinking or talking. Basically it depends on the context, but cock is a safe bet if your not sure.
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:21:35 PM

Yuzar wrote:
Sometimes its good not to directly mention them, but allude to them. All depends on what the intent is with the story. I personally dislike words like cock, pussy, cunt, etc. I find them derogatory and used as a means for the author to be lazy. Now, it cannot take away from the quality of an author as a whole, but it can slightly mar the quality of the story. But that's my opinion, not a solid fact.

I was going to say that 'no one would agree with me, but I hate reading any of those words' and then I saw this. I agree with you. This is the first erotica-only website I've ever been on. In all my other writing communities, when I read erotica they never name it.

I pushed inside her works just as well (better in my mind), than I put my dick/cock in her.

Here, I'll be getting into a story and then have hold back laughter after reading cock, cunt, fucked, or the the dreaded 'cum'. The first three won't kill the story for me, but it does water down the arousal factor.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:37:57 PM

Josephine wrote:
Yuzar wrote:
Sometimes its good not to directly mention them, but allude to them. All depends on what the intent is with the story. I personally dislike words like cock, pussy, cunt, etc. I find them derogatory and used as a means for the author to be lazy. Now, it cannot take away from the quality of an author as a whole, but it can slightly mar the quality of the story. But that's my opinion, not a solid fact.

I was going to say that 'no one would agree with me, but I hate reading any of those words' and then I saw this. I agree with you. This is the first erotica-only website I've ever been on. In all my other writing communities, when I read erotica they never name it.

I pushed inside her works just as well (better in my mind), than I put my dick/cock in her.

Here, I'll be getting into a story and then have hold back laughter after reading cock, cunt, fucked, or the the dreaded 'cum'. The first three won't kill the story for me, but it does water down the arousal factor.

It also depends on the tone of the story. Some stories need that, to be crude, to be dirty, to be nasty, while other stories need to be subtle and erotic, so you pick what works for that story - sometimes cock and cunt and cum NEED to be there, to set the tone, other times, not. simple as that.
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:54:24 PM

sprite wrote:
Josephine wrote:
Yuzar wrote:

It also depends on the tone of the story. Some stories need that, to be crude, to be dirty, to be nasty, while other stories need to be subtle and erotic, so you pick what works for that story - sometimes cock and cunt and cum NEED to be there, to set the tone, other times, not. simple as that.

My problem with cum is that it isn't a word. Well, it is, but it is a conjunction and doesn't mean 'come'. The other words are just something I need to get used to and like I said, won't ruin the story for me.
sprite
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2011 12:10:33 AM

Josephine wrote:
sprite wrote:
Josephine wrote:
Yuzar wrote:

My problem with cum is that it isn't a word. Well, it is, but it is a conjunction and doesn't mean 'come'. The other words are just something I need to get used to and like I said, won't ruin the story for me.

Actually,"cum" is an acceptable alternate spelling, as in officially acceptable. and yeah, it took me a while to get comfortable with a lot of the 'stronger' language when i started writing as well :)
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2011 12:36:32 AM

I think 'cock' won.

When I read 'dick', I think 'asshole', or 'jerk'.

I like the comment about the 'ick.'
DamonX
Posted: Friday, September 30, 2011 7:11:09 PM

Josephine wrote:
Yuzar wrote:

What about "throbbing manhood?" Or "pulsing member"? Probably still too dirty for you huh? I think you need to stick to cheesy romance novels with pics of Fabio on the cover, wearing a white, flowing shirt and tearing with unbridled passion at the bodice of his female suitor....

People use dirty words (now I feel like a kindergarten teacher) in sex stories because they evoke feelings of arousal in themselves and in most readers. Show me a guy or girl that doesn't like to have the words "fuck me" whispered into his ear during sex, and you can bet their are one boring, vanilla lay. Perhaps you should go back to diddling yourself to Twilight posters and fantasies of being swept up by prince charming..... Oops. Sorry. I didn't mean to use such crude language there. I should have said "touching yourself down there". My apologies.
Earthlyoblivion
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:08:06 AM

I like "cock" much more than "dick". For me it just seems the sound of the word is what counts. Cock just sounds like what a perfect penis is: hard, large, blunt, invasive, Besides when you say cock your mouth opens as if preparing to give fellatio.

Disregarding sound, dick has the issue of also being a name, which I think gives it a tinge of humor to it.

All that being said, when writing you have to use different words just to mix things up a bit and also some words are used best in certain specific situations. I believe cock should be used most often but not used exclusively.
sprite
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:44:17 AM

Earthlyoblivion wrote:

All that being said, when writing you have to use different words just to mix things up a bit and also some words are used best in certain specific situations. I believe cock should be used most often but not used exclusively.

Yeah, I always have said that there's such a thing as too much cock. ;)
Earthlyoblivion
Posted: Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:43:22 AM

sprite wrote:
Earthlyoblivion wrote:

Yeah, I always have said that there's such a thing as too much cock. ;)

Lfunny

Yes, but there can never be too much sprite!

notworthy love7
pandorapout78
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2011 3:04:09 AM

definately cock unless i'm being playfull then its rythmn stick lol
Earthlyoblivion
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2011 4:22:39 PM

pandorapout78 wrote:
definately cock unless i'm being playfull then its rythmn stick lol

Oh, I like that, 'rhythm stick'! I think I'll steal it!
suezq
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2011 5:21:06 PM

I definitely prefer cock. I've known too many Richards that went by Dick (and some are real dicks) to take it seriously. Actually have a manager where I work who tried to convince someone named Dick to go by Richard because she finds it embarassing to use his name.
Posted: Sunday, October 02, 2011 9:29:14 PM

cock -)
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2011 9:47:40 AM

DamonX wrote:
Josephine wrote:
Yuzar wrote:

What about "throbbing manhood?" Or "pulsing member"? Probably still too dirty for you huh? I think you need to stick to cheesy romance novels with pics of Fabio on the cover, wearing a white, flowing shirt and tearing with unbridled passion at the bodice of his female suitor....

People use dirty words (now I feel like a kindergarten teacher) in sex stories because they evoke feelings of arousal in themselves and in most readers. Show me a guy or girl that doesn't like to have the words "fuck me" whispered into his ear during sex, and you can bet their are one boring, vanilla lay. Perhaps you should go back to diddling yourself to Twilight posters and fantasies of being swept up by prince charming..... Oops. Sorry. I didn't mean to use such crude language there. I should have said "touching yourself down there". My apologies.

The only romance novel I've ever read also had me laughing through it. Twilight had me shaking my head in wonder at how anyone could read such crap. I never tried that again and I think Fabio is so ugly. I guess I prefer things, including the characters in books I read, to be more realistic.

In my experience with both guys and girls none of them have ever said 'fuck me' and I would never say that. I guess none of us needed the ego boost and would prefer to concentrate on the sex. Obviously there is the direction words, harder, faster, like that.

But I've always enjoyed sex better when I was speechless.

They could try to ask me questions, but they are already there before I can say 'harder', 'faster', or 'more'. And any attempt to answer their questions would result in gargled words, because the simple thought process of 'yes' was too much for my addled brain to make. Of course there will be moaning, thrusting, clenching, groaning, arching and the like, but if he asks me a question and I still have the ability to answer it, then he could be doing a better job.

And I'm never going to have sex with you so I guess I really doesn't matter if you think I'd be a 'vanilla lay'.
Buz
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2011 6:42:05 PM

I have written a new poem. It is called 'Long Twisty Woman.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

LauraLee_sugah
Posted: Monday, October 03, 2011 7:08:58 PM

mmmmm cock, or shaft, or other things...

sometimes i have to watch....

read my masturbation story, Isla
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 6:50:55 AM

Josephine wrote:

The only romance novel I've ever read also had me laughing through it. Twilight had me shaking my head in wonder at how anyone could read such crap. I never tried that again and I think Fabio is so ugly. I guess I prefer things, including the characters in books I read, to be more realistic.

Realistic? Didn't you just say in another thread that you were mainly a fan of Harry Potter and Disney romances?

Also... dirty talk isn't meant as a Q&A.

Anyway... back to the original question, I like using cock, shaft, sometimes dick depending on the character and the story style. Unless one is writing in the 'love stories' category, a sex scene needs real and raw verbiage in order to give the right energy and intensity to a memorable sex scene. Erotica and sexuality is about releasing inhibitions so I can't imagine why a writer would want to be inhibited with the words they use.

lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:06:35 AM

I prefer cock. Wait, that didn't come out right. I think using cock is better. Wait, dammit.

Generally speaking, I think cock works better when writing a story. Dick has a negative aspect to it. It's become more of an insult word than a descriptive of the male anatomy. Like Spicolli to Mr. Hand in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.... "You dick!" But like any word, it's how you use it that matters. Overuse of cock or dick or pussy or cunt can ruin a story.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:37:16 AM

Josephine wrote:
Yuzar wrote:

Sometimes! Sometimes it's a good thing to not mention things directly. It's all about the story you're writing. If you're penning a love story or some virginal 18 year old couple's first time.. then they may not be talking filthy. But if you're writing a story about some woman catching her male roommate wearing her panties, I think some more crude words are in order.

It is called erotica for a reason. Romance novels are called Romance because of what they are. Write a couple stories on Lush. Tag one with "Love Story" and the other with "DP, threesome, facial" or something like that and see which gets read more.

If you laugh while reading stories with cock, cunt, fucked, or cum then maybe you need to choose your reading material a little better. Seems a bit naive to me to laugh at someone else's hard work.

Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:45:48 AM

Definitely Cock!
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:46:36 AM

Yeah, I love cock too!! Hahahahah
Dudealicious
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:50:20 AM

lafayettemister wrote:
I prefer cock.

It's about time you admitted that Mister!

Whistle

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:10:29 AM

Dudealicious wrote:
lafayettemister wrote:
I prefer cock.

Whistle

As long as it isn't that little Vienna sausage that you're packing. Paging Dr. 90210.. emergency penis enlargement!

Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:19:32 AM

Both at the same time would be lovely ;) Cock would be my preference, but a bitta dick isn't bad either :P
Dudealicious
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 11:49:35 AM

lafayettemister wrote:
Dudealicious wrote:
lafayettemister wrote:
I prefer cock

Whistle

As long as it isn't that little Vienna sausage that you're packing. Paging Dr. 90210.. emergency penis enlargement!

Now now Mister, I am not sure what your beef is with me but you do have to admit that you broadcasted in the forums you like cock...No need to try to bring my manhood into question here. angry7

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

Dudealicious
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:34:59 PM

Come to think of it Mister you ARE pretty manly, isn't that you on the bike?

lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:41:35 PM

Dudealicious wrote:

laughing3 Applause

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!!!

sprite
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 12:47:52 PM

lafayettemister wrote:
Dudealicious wrote:
lafayettemister wrote:
I prefer cock.

Whistle

hmm... i must have met Dude after the operation than. three months later and i'm still walking funny! drunken
Callisto
Posted: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 1:03:44 PM

lafayettemister wrote:
Dudealicious wrote:

laughing3 Applause

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!!!

Haha.. That's awesome!