Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What's the first memorable book cover you remember? Options · View
crazydiamond
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 12:10:35 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,285
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
oohh, just had flashbacks of this one too!




Dancing_Doll
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 12:53:46 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 5,988
Location: In your dirty fantasies


I can't find the exact book cover, but it looked something like this.

I got it as a little girl for Christmas one year because I had two bunny rabbits as pets and my grandma thought that I would love the book just because it had a rabbit on the cover. Uhmm... as it turned out, not so much.

It scared the living shit out of me and made me cry. The illustrations inside of bloody bunny rabbits attacking each other were totally traumatic to me. I remember it sitting on my book shelf and sort of terrorizing me every time I glanced at the cover. Even now it can produce a bit of anxiety when I see anything to do with this story.

But for that reason... technically it's the most 'memorable' book cover that I can remember. hiding


crazydiamond
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 1:26:50 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,285
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
Dancing_Doll wrote:


I can't find the exact book cover, but it looked something like this.

I got it as a little girl for Christmas one year because I had two bunny rabbits as pets and my grandma thought that I would love the book just because it had a rabbit on the cover. Uhmm... as it turned out, not so much.

It scared the living shit out of me and made me cry. The illustrations inside of bloody bunny rabbits attacking each other were totally traumatic to me. I remember it sitting on my book shelf and sort of terrorizing me every time I glanced at the cover. Even now it can produce a bit of anxiety when I see anything to do with this story.

But for that reason... technically it's the most 'memorable' book cover that I can remember. hiding


Oh Doll, you have no idea! there was a cartoon! Freaky!


Dancing_Doll
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 2:36:47 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 5,988
Location: In your dirty fantasies
crazydiamond wrote:

Oh Doll, you have no idea! there was a cartoon! Freaky!


Hmm... I need to smoke up and watch that clip again... Regaeman Man

More proof that drugs helped create many a children's tale or fable.

Of course the cartoon makes it look all cutesy and whimsical...

These are the bunnies I remember from the book illustrations... confused1




For a while I was convinced that my pet rabbits turned into bloodthirsty zombies after I went to sleep.


nicola
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:37:12 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,905
Location: Sydney, Australia
You're not the only one, I thought it would be a lovely book about bunnies when I was small (see image below), my mother warned me it wasn't, yet I still read about half of it before I couldn't take it any more.

Talk about false advertising!

TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:45:42 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,274
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
Dancing_Doll wrote:


I can't find the exact book cover, but it looked something like this.

I got it as a little girl for Christmas one year because I had two bunny rabbits as pets and my grandma thought that I would love the book just because it had a rabbit on the cover. Uhmm... as it turned out, not so much.

It scared the living shit out of me and made me cry. The illustrations inside of bloody bunny rabbits attacking each other were totally traumatic to me. I remember it sitting on my book shelf and sort of terrorizing me every time I glanced at the cover. Even now it can produce a bit of anxiety when I see anything to do with this story.

But for that reason... technically it's the most 'memorable' book cover that I can remember. hiding


I was 6yrs old...
I had bunnies...
I read the book...
And I had nightmares for months

Mistress_of_words
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 3:46:26 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/14/2011
Posts: 591
Location: At my keyboard, writing stories for you


WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 4:28:01 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,211
Location: Cakeland, United States
Watership Down. What a great read.

You girls are just being.....

girls

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
crazydiamond
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 4:44:27 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,285
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
WellMadeMale wrote:
Watership Down. What a great read.

You girls are just being.....

girls


hee,hee

thefinger

it was scary! at the time!

latinfoxy
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 5:17:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/5/2011
Posts: 816
Location: Here


Margarita by Ruben Dario

Its a long poem about Margarita a girl that dreams with kings and castles and going to the sky to take a star. I still own this book and could tell you the poem by heart.
swollen
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:07:17 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/27/2010
Posts: 997


I still have the original I read, and have since bought an updated version for my children, who loved it too. I remember as a kid being so very scared of Stig, and his 'lurking' ways, but he was a good guy. Funny, it would be easy to compare Stig to a few Lushies I won't mention !!
TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 6:36:57 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,274
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
WellMadeMale wrote:
Watership Down. What a great read.

You girls are just being.....

girls





... you say that like its a bad thing evil4

Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 2:19:08 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,806


And then, when I grew up, I got my very own megascope space prober...
Archadia
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2011 6:24:46 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/1/2011
Posts: 420
Location: Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
James and the giant peach. Im not kidding either LOL
DLizze
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 2:26:43 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 4/23/2011
Posts: 2,519
It was a four-volume boxed set of A A Milne, and was given to me by my dad's parents for my third birthday. The box was grey, with a red back binding. When We Were Very Young, was grey, with red cross hatch around the edge. Within the center area were single line drawings of Christopher Robin and Pooh, Tiger and Roo, Piglet, and Eeyore. Now We Are Six had the same artwork, but in an orange base, with navy linework. Winnie The Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner, were solid colors, blue and green respectively, with a reproduction of the illutration of Christoher Robin and Pooh walking away from the viewer, hand in hand. My mother read those books to me, and taught me how to read, using them. (I was reading on a third grade level when I was almost six, and just starting elementary school) She also read them to both my younger brothers, until the covers finally fell off. When she died last July, we found them in her book shelf, and gave them to my neice, who has a three-year old daughter. One hopes they will instill the same love for the written word in her as they did in us, two generations before her.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.