Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What would you do ? Options · View
swollen
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:40:40 PM

Ok saw this pic on another thread, and it made me think.

You board an eight hour flight, there are no free seats and this guy has booked the seat next to yours. What do you do ?

Catnip
Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:21:13 PM

I'd probably say hello, smile and get back to writing, reading or listening.. (whatever I was doing before he took his seat.)

(what did it make you think? that he looked a bit swollen?d'oh! )

Posted: Thursday, November 10, 2011 3:53:32 PM

I'd bet money he didn't fly that way. It's against FAA rules. He can't be safely buckled into his seat for one thing.
Dudealicious
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2011 6:22:19 AM

I have been in a few situations where the person next to me had to get an extention for their seat belt, and could barely fit into the seat. Obviously this caused the person in question some embarrasment. I became rather uncomfortable (physically) and had to roll my shoulders over just to maintian some level of personal space.

The flight attendant saw that I was struggling to get comfortable, tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I would like to be moved. I was very fortunate to be upgraded to business class.

In the future I would not hesitate to ask to be moved, not only for my comfort but the comfort of the other passenger as well.

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

Buz
Posted: Friday, November 11, 2011 6:45:59 AM

If no other seats are available to be moved to I guess I would be in for a very uncomfortable flight.

But really? That rather obese guy should have seen a medical doctor and a therapist before he let himself get into that kind of shape. His quality of life has to suffer from his condition, not to mention is physical health.

Posted: Friday, November 11, 2011 9:21:55 AM

Dudealicious wrote:
I have been in a few situations where the person next to me had to get an extention for their seat belt, and could barely fit into the seat. Obviously this caused the person in question some embarrasment. I became rather uncomfortable (physically) and had to roll my shoulders over just to maintian some level of personal space.

The flight attendant saw that I was struggling to get comfortable, tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I would like to be moved. I was very fortunate to be upgraded to business class.

In the future I would not hesitate to ask to be moved, not only for my comfort but the comfort of the other passenger as well.

Yea, I've seen people use extensions before too. But this guys ass and leg is in the aisle and he can' put himself in the seat. That won't fly. *snicker* It's unsafe.
stephanie
Posted: Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:33:49 PM

Use him as an airbag if the flight crashes......................

xx SF

"Is there a PLACE in this city to always feel this way?" (The Blue Nile)
rxtales
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:58:57 AM

I have an extremely obese aunt, probably around the same size, and when she flies, which is rare, the airline makes her purchase two seats
Jack_42
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:24:53 AM

I would think (but am not sure) that the reception when the obese person books in would expect the person to have to book 2 seats because of the safety regulations therefore this scenario should not arise. Are any airline employees reading this?
Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:40:16 PM

Get off, and get an attorney that would argue that they over booked.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2011 8:54:42 AM

I admire this cat for owning it. Too bad he's knocking 10 or more years off the end of his life, albeit...the nursing home years. I've done similar work myself with different vices.

We all get to live the way we want to.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.