Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Chat room abuse / underage members etc - we need a screenshot as proof. Options · View
nicola
Posted: Sunday, October 10, 2010 11:09:30 PM

When reporting someone who's trolling or underage etc, we need proof otherwise it's your word against theirs, and there's nothing we can do.

The best thing is to take a screenshot of what has been said. Here's how if you don't know how to do it on your computer / surfing device: http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Thanks.

Nicola

Paddler
Posted: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:13:51 AM

I haven't used that method, Nicola, but this works and doesn't require going offsite:

In a private chat, click the bottom line and hold the left mouse button. Scroll up to the top of the chat. You can get it all.
When it's selected, press Control + C (Mac, Command + C) to put the chat on your clipboard.

You can open Lush's message client and press Control + V (Mac, Command + V) to paste the text to send to the administrators to report some suspect chat.

I used this method recently to report a very edgy session that gave me the creeps.

Alternatively, you can open any text editor or word processor and paste the text there.

You can use this method to save a particularly memorable cyber session that doesn't need reporting but which merits re-reading.

L46

Paddling works three ways:

* Me on top
* You on top
* On the water
Catnip
Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2011 1:11:58 PM

The problem with that way of doing it though, Paddler, is that you can manipulate the text and it could be used to frame a person you just do not like.
A screenshot minimize that risk.

Posted: Saturday, December 10, 2011 1:29:33 PM

Widows Vista Home Premium and upwards have a snip-it tool feature that will take a jpeg of your screen.