Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What has surprised you about Lushstories.com? A question for readers and writers alike. Options · View
1curiouscat
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 4:31:31 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

Lies and jokes.

Lets say Paul McCartney, one of the greatest singer-songwriters ever, came up to me and said. "Hey Jack, why did the chicken cross the road?" And I say. "I don't know Paul, why?" Then he answers "To teach the possum it can be done."

I can either say.

A. "Oh very clever Paul, I see how you changed it up with the possum thing because they always get hit by cars."

or

B. "Fuck you Paul. You're trying to tell me that chickens and possums communicate? This whole time I genuinely thought the chicken crossed the road to get to the other side and NOW YOURE FEEDING ME THESE LIES!!!!! I'm like the president of the Wings fan club and you LIE TO ME!"

B is the drama queen answer.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't really make any sense.

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 4:46:17 PM

1curiouscat wrote:

I'm sorry, but this doesn't really make any sense.

What part is confusing? The part where the drama queen takes Paul's joke as a fact because they are stupid? Or did you not understand the point of the whole thing? How by answering in a fashion similar to B is simply to create drama. Because only a drama queen would take a joke as a lie then run around trying to get attention because of it. Blowing something innocent out of proportion for attention is kinda what drama is and then after the drama is created, simply saying you're not about drama doesn't change anything. I can explain hypocrisy too, if you like.

1curiouscat
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:01:07 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

What part is confusing?

You seem pretty bent out shape about this situation. I think you are overanalyzing everything.

I agree that the chicken story is a classic case of a joke.

A lie would be more like Paul trying to convince you he is Linda by cleverly using all the information he could gather from previous conversations with you and with Linda about you.

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:19:32 PM

1curiouscat wrote:

You seem pretty bent out shape about this situation. I think you are overanalyzing everything.

I agree that the chicken story is a classic case of a joke.

A lie would be more like Paul trying to convince you he is Linda by cleverly using all the information he could gather from previous conversations with you and with Linda about you.

I'm not bent out of shape <--arguments like that are what the mentally weak use when they don't know what to say.

So you did understand it? That is what I thought.

So you're saying that there is something paul could say to convince you he is Linda? laughing8 You don't think that is a ridiculous notion? To actually be swayed to believe something like that from a joke that formed organically through conversation? Fuck man, want to buy a bridge?

Funny you say this, "by cleverly using all the information he could gather from previous conversations with you and with Linda about you." It's funny cause this same guy did this as well! He asked me and one of my really good friends on here what we thought about each other separately. What a weird thing to do right? Like of all the things to ask someone you don't really know. "what do you think of your best friend on lush?" Then thinking these two people aren't going to then say to each other. "So this one dude was asking me all kinds of weird shit today."

Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:22:28 PM

What has surprised me most is: the number of stoners that seem to congregate here (if the amount of Regaeman Man is anything to go by)
How addictive the site is and how addicted I have become.
There are several more things, but I can't think of them, but what I love is the bickering that goes on, looking onwards, it's actually pretty funny.
LadyX
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:24:11 PM

Regaeman Man
1curiouscat
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:40:42 PM

Jack get a grip you are starting to sounding like a little bitch. ;)

I cant believe this guy got you hung up about this for soo long. My sugestion to you is to move on. Go smoke a blunt and relax.

Or better yet, use it as inspiration and give us a classic felix fuck story. I know I would be eager to read it.

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
LadyX
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:47:08 PM

Take it outside, guys, that's enough. Especially in a thread meant to praise the site!
Pelicanbill
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:48:11 PM

What has surprised me is how easy it is to contact beautiful people, knowing that most of them are looking for like minded people
so that you haven't got to go through a lot of BS to say hi, how are you?!.
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:57:19 PM

1curiouscat wrote:
Jack get a grip you are starting to sounding like a little bitch. ;)

I cant believe this guy got you hung up about this for soo long. My sugestion to you is to move on. Go smoke a blunt and relax.

Or better yet, use it as inspiration and give us a classic felix fuck story. I know I would be eager to read it.

That is what I figured you would say. A simple response from a simple guy.

If you don't want this subject to come up again don't run around acting like some kind of altruist saying you don't start drama or any negativity because, to be honest, you do.

Your own friends told me not too long ago (within a week or two) how you are bringing me up with them and they came and told me. Like, you want to be associated with me so bad, for some weird reason, that you are running around bringing me up with people to make yourself seem more important than you are ...then they come tell me. So either cut it out or pick people that aren't my friends as well to start up drama with.

myself
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:01:52 PM

Algol wrote:
Things I've learned about writing. (WellMadeMale kicked my ass on my first story. crybaby Thanks Jeff!)

Thanks Nicola...
ditto : )

This doesn't surprise me..

Everything has been user friendly, educational, professional and down right pleasant as it should be : )

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
myself
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:05:46 PM

forgot to thank Gav for making my life easier -thanks : )

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
1curiouscat
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:11:12 PM

Felix get over yourself... I like you as a friend and only a friend. Seriously, its not you - its me.

Sorry to have been part of this derailing. I apologize to the community.

Now back to your original programing.

What i like about Lushstories is that it motivates the exchange of ideas and promotes self expression through the written form.

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:17:02 PM

1curiouscat wrote:
Felix get over yourself... I like you as a friend and only a friend.

Seriously, its not you - its me.

Everything I said was complete truth.

And don't break up with me laughing8 ... That's like saying you quit when you are already fired.

It did make me blush though.. weird.

Okay, I'm done unless you give me something juicy. I need to get dolled up for the night time.

1curiouscat
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:20:40 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

Everything I said was complete truth.

Every situation has 3 truths - Your truth, My truth, and the Real truth.

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:23:03 PM

Put your handbags down boys, it's time to move on to the big boy purses now.

~ What surprised me most about lush was the escape and company it was/and is able to provide me with.
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:35:32 PM

How hard it appears to "quit" Lush. I've had friends return 3, 4, and 5 times. I swear it wasn't because I blocked them, and they came back with new identities, although that happened a few times. evil4

Also, how many people I've connected with on Lush and talk to almost daily. Last but not least, that one amazing friend I've made.

TraceyAmes
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:51:09 PM

nicola wrote:

Actually, it's LUSHstories, but thanks for what I am guessing is a positive user experience.

A perfect politicians answer Nicola. The perfect answer to shut up a disgruntled guest or member. You should take over from Julia Gillard and the obnoxious Tony Abbott and become our next Prime Minister.

When I first joined up here, I was impressed with the layout of the place and the stories. I appreciate all the hard work done By Nicola and Gav and other moderators.

On reflecting back from when I first joined here, there have been a few surprises:

a) That my first story was published and could see my name beside the story I wrote. I was even more surprised to see my story read over 311,000 times, the third highest read story of all time.

b) I was surprised at all the stories that contain 9" to 10" cock that leak buckets of precum. It was these gross exaggerations that made me want to write my own story and see if I could do better.

c) I was surprised to be interviewed by Lush and have my interview published.

d) I was surprised by the number of people I have made friends with and shared personal experiences with in private. I am very selective when it comes to giving out email addresses.

e) I was surprised to meet a young Lushie in distress and took her into my confidence. She knows who she is, and I actually got to meet her and her partner 8 days ago and spent a week with both of them. I now have 2 lifetime friends that I would never had met otherwise.

f) I have been surprised that neither of my stories were rejected as I have never fancied myself as a good writer. I guess I must have underestimated myself.

One last word in that all of this is possible due to Nicola and her Lush site. All Lushies shout be both grateful and appreciative of her hard and dedicated work here. Thank You Nicola!
fisherman6205
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 7:12:01 PM

I think that this site is just what we all need. It's an escape from the drudgry of everyday reality and its headaches where we can get into the roles in all the wonderful and arousing stories. It's a meeting place for new, wonderful and fun-loving friends to meet. My days lack energy unless I get my daily Lush fix... it is addictive, and I love this place! Writers, keep on writing, we readers will praise you when we like your story.
SITTING
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:28:29 AM

Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:50:45 AM

1curiouscat wrote:

Every situation has 3 truths - Your truth, My truth, and the Real truth.

Stop editing your previous posts rashomon...

For everyone's information. 1CuriousCat is going back and editing what he said in this thread. I stopped responding and let him have the last word cause a mod asked me to please stop. So I did.

But you keep going kitty. Keep editing posts though Fernando and I'll tell everyone the really really embarrassing stuff... You know what I'm talking about... Unlike you, I am not a hypocrite. I did not change anything I said to appear like I don't cause drama. Just because you do it in a snakey private way doesn't make it any different. You're transparent as fuck.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:05:22 AM

LadyX wrote:
I'm surprised by all the coded arguments LOL

6 This.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
1curiouscat
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:20:01 AM

Felix, you are pathetic.

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:27:09 AM

1curiouscat wrote:
Felix, you are pathetic.

laughing8

Maybe. But people being hypocrites bugs me. Like, I just wanted to remind you of all the drama and attention seeking you did. I felt like reminding you because you were acting like the drama on lush is surprising you when you are one of the people that causes it too.

winky
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:56:25 AM

i like the people. and the worthless drama :)
1curiouscat
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:06:42 AM

Jack this the fourth time you pester me and I continue to repeat myself.

I should of guessed you would do this one day in the forums.

Believe what you want. I have no control over what you conclude.

Its too bad you take this position because I think your presence as a member is valued here. You write great stories and you participation overall is interesting to say the least. You just have a twisted comical sense, your sarcasm level is really high and most, including myself, may not understand it or practice it.

This posture you adopt will drive people away and that is unfortunate for the site and completely unnecessary.

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
playsit
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:16:51 AM

I found this site by searching for erotic stories to read and after a few weeks of lurking I decided to join. I had never been on a social networking site before (that's right, there are a few of us who don't have a Facebook acount) so I was a little apprehensive at first. I had the pleasure of meeting a wonderfully kind woman who showed me around the the site and taught me proper etiquette.

Surprises:
* The number of above average to excellent writers, most of whom are willing to chat with their readers and even offer writing advice.
* The number of knuckle-heads who treat people with disrespect and trample on emotions without concern.
* I'm shocked at the depth of the relationships I have formed here. I have a wonderful friend here I can talk to about anything without fear of judgement. Sadly, I dont have that in my everyday life.
* I'm even more shocked by the way my life has changed since joining. My views of women are healthy and natural; I find myself defending those whos lifestyles are different that mine instead of jumping on the bashing bandwagon with the rest of society; I'm more confident knowing that the devient thoughts floating around in my head are shared by other normal people.

Thanks Nicole for giving us a place we can call home... a place where we can be comfortable with who we really are deep inside. I came here looking for stories to read, and found so much more.
Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:39:21 AM

1curiouscat wrote:
Jack this the fourth time you pester me and I continue to repeat myself.

I should of guessed you would do this one day in the forums.

Believe what you want. I have no control over what you conclude.

Its too bad you take this position because I think your presence as a member is valued here. You write great stories and you participation overall is interesting to say the least. You just have a twisted comical sense, your sarcasm level is really high and most, including myself, may not understand it or practice it.

This posture you adopt will drive people away and that is unfortunate for the site and completely unnecessary.

Im not being sarcastic in this thread. And stop kissing my ass. And pestering? After I deleted you you kept sending me PMs.. I don't answer them but you insisted on sending them. That is pestering. This is the forum. When you say Hypocritical shit people will call you out. Kissing ass wont get me or anyone to stop. And yes, maybe you should have thought about me bringing this up in the forum when you have started so much drama with me in the past and then you go and state that the drama on lush is surprising you. I mean seriously...

I don't pretend to know or care what is good for this site... But tell me more, I am all ears.

LadyX
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:43:09 AM

Thanks for continuing to make this little slapfight public. It's really mature and reflects so well on the site.
winky
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 10:52:47 AM

LadyX wrote:
Thanks for continuing to make this little slapfight public. It's really mature and reflects so well on the site.

YOU TELL THEM X!!!!!!! they are acting like 5 year olds. once again. we all no there is worthless drama on lush.
seriously they should just grow up and talk about what surprise them about lush..

what doesn't surprise me is how some of the people act on here sometimes