Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Heart Attack Grill - should restaurants like this be allowed? Options · View
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 4:48:40 PM

I think the point of mentioning Natural Selection is that if they're stupid enough to eat that shit, they'll get heart disease or any other number of afflictions from being obese because of eating the foods that are bad for you and die. Hopefully not breeding before they do.
charmbrights
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 3:43:27 AM

chefkathleen wrote:
I think the point of mentioning Natural Selection is that if they're stupid enough to eat that shit, they'll get heart disease or any other number of afflictions from being obese because of eating the foods that are bad for you and die. Hopefully not breeding before they do.

In medical science we have "obese" and "clinically obese". Virtually all top class rugby and American football players build up their muscles until their Body Mass Index reaches the "clinically obese" level. Now tell me those guys are going to get "any other number of afflictions" from their diets. I grant you they get injuries from high energy body contacts, but that can be avoided by getting that fit, and then not playing (see Gavin Henson).

By the way, my obese belly bulge cost a lot to build, so I have no intention of neglecting its maintenance.

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
SydneySider
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 5:19:34 AM

jline5566 wrote:

OMG..I miss In"N"Out Burger. Not a bad choice if you ask me. Bottom line, no one makes people put shit in their mouths. Its a choice they make. Fast food doesn't make people over weight and unhealthy, people eating it excessively makes people over weight...

Buz
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 6:30:19 AM

The growing fat problem in America has evidently started to spread to Europe from what I have heard in news reports recently.

I think a lot of it is lazy or neglectful parenting. I had strict rules about the amount of junk food, candy I could eat or cokes I could drink when I was a kid. I was totally encouraged to take part in athletics, actually bred to love that. A lot of parents don't do that and if their fat child does join a team they expect the kid to get a participation trophy just for being on the team. Awards should only be earned by superior performance.

Video games are a major culprit too. Sure I love to play video games myself, but some kids and adults just sit around on their ass and playing video games and never burn any calories or get any cardiovascular exercise.

Schools are public entities and should not provide junk food as many are guilty of doing. Also, many school have abandoned physical education.

But mostly it's the parents. They should make sure their kids eat healthy, get exercise and play outside.

elitfromnorth
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 7:19:28 AM

Buz wrote:

But mostly it's the parents. They should make sure their kids eat healthy, get exercise and play outside.

YES! It seems like parents are unwilling to take on the responsibility of going outside and play with their kids. You don't need to do much, just throw ball with them or something. Teach them how to ride a bike and don't get hysterical when your kid starts climbing trees. That along with "Hun, you can't start training football because we don't have time to drive you there" seems to happen more and more.

It's just as much with the parents having bad habits of not moving around. Kids see it, picks it up and ends up fat and lazy. Monkey see, monkey do. Those who are in their teens today are nicknamed the "Desert-generation", because they want it all served nice and sweet, not willing to work for it. If I could get payed for it I'd go around kicking kids in the ass... and their parents.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 9:27:27 AM

It starts from a young age. Parents plop their kid in front of the babysitter and go do whatever they want to do. The babysitter being the television. Then when they're older it's the PlayStation or the XBox. They seem to be so self absorbed that they don't have time to be parents. Or they go to the opposite extreme and want to be their kids friends instead of parents by saying, get off your ass and go play. Buy them a bike, or a kite or a football or a tuba. If it doesn't have moving parts people get bored quickly. How hard is it to say, No Coke. No chips.
joebackagain
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 10:51:45 AM

Parents definately have a share of the blame, working as a waiter in a burger joint you see some parents load their kids with food..its rather disgusting!....though children do not remain children forever. Sure the parents can instill bad habits but everyone has to overcome bad habits at some point. (says me..a silly smoker, unwilling to break hos own bad habit).
Though I will say that I did my psychology masters thesis on the affects of video game use and from what I found, and all the research that was used in developing the study, video games are not to blame. In fact, there is a large amount of research which suggests that active video games (meaning sports or fighting, not wii or kinect) increase levels of physical activity. I think video games can be viewed in the same way as food. As a child the child must be limited on how much video game us is appropriate. And when they get older they will self regulate, and if they dont...then they are solely to blame for their excessive indulgences.
Ruthie
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 3:47:55 PM

I love fast food. While I was growing up I wasn't allowed to eat at fast food places very often. Hamburgers and pizza were a rare treat. When I started college and moved away, I made up for that for awhile by eating pizza, tacos, greasy hot dogs, hamburgers and shakes, not to mention fries and onion rings, as much as I could afford. I eventually overcame that, thankfully, but it's not always the kids who are taken to eat at McDonald's and Burger King that become fast food addicts.
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 1:07:43 AM

Only in America would anyone dare call a burger a double bypass.......at least the burger names can't be deemed as misleading. What you see if whay you get. Some other chains should take note of this fact. Maybe not the best selling point but hey, they couldn't be accused of false advertising.

It is down to parents to help change the mindset of youngsters as to their diets and food choices as a whole. We have all become (generally) lazy when it comes teaching and practising keeping our bodies well.
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2012 7:51:27 AM

Can only agree with the idea; "leave them to their own devices"
Who are we to control what people eat/drink/name the shit they are plowing through their bodies?
Let them continue ...at the end of the day, they are just making more space and freeing up more resources for the rest
"UP THE TRIPLE-BYPASS-BURGER ...YEEEEEEAH!!!!!"
carolinafun
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2012 6:58:45 AM

of course....it's called freedom
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2012 8:55:35 AM

Why not they are not forcing you to ear there it is your chose
standingbear
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 9:13:48 AM

If places like this are outlawed, where will I eat?

"Happiness is doing it rotten your own way."Isaac Asimov (1994)
ArtMan
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 7:57:24 PM

I splurge about twice a week on a delightfully delicious very unhealthy meal, then it's back to salad, veggies, fruit, and a few miles wearing out expensive Nikes running around the neighborhood.

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx