Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Do you think writing erotica helps you in your real life? Options · View
tashitasha
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 2:59:46 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/1/2010
Posts: 299
Location: Somewhere in The middle of Nowhere.
I just started thinking about this and realized it is helping me build my self-confidence in general. That's a positive thing for me as I've always been quite shy.

What about you?

To unravel the truth behind everything, Megan is forced to leave everything behind to save herself and protect those she loves. Now on her own, this young woman will face challenges and dangers, relying on her only assets; her strength and determination. Read When The Truth Hurts by TashiTasha http://www.lushstories.com/stories/novels/when-the-truth-hurts-chapter-1.aspx
myself
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:51:15 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/17/2010
Posts: 966
Location: .showyourdick.org/
Definitely. The more I write the more I discover -mostly, about myself : )

Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Guest
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 6:55:38 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,578
myself wrote:
Definitely. The more I write the more I discover -mostly, about myself : )


I definitely agree with that.
HK4167
Posted: Friday, March 30, 2012 7:04:47 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/1/2011
Posts: 3,307
Location: Seattle, United States
myself wrote:
Definitely. The more I write the more I discover -mostly, about myself : )


Agree. Before I started writing erotic stories, I did not even know I can write. Now I have more confident and start reading more books to learn from them.

Welcome to visit my tumblr page at http://HK4167.tumblr.com for erotic arts. Or http://slice-of-moment.tumblr.com for non-erotic arts.
tashitasha
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 1:51:05 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/1/2010
Posts: 299
Location: Somewhere in The middle of Nowhere.
yeah me too and I think writing erotica is pretty challenging at times

To unravel the truth behind everything, Megan is forced to leave everything behind to save herself and protect those she loves. Now on her own, this young woman will face challenges and dangers, relying on her only assets; her strength and determination. Read When The Truth Hurts by TashiTasha http://www.lushstories.com/stories/novels/when-the-truth-hurts-chapter-1.aspx
SITTING
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 7:25:31 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 8/11/2011
Posts: 648
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
tashitasha wrote:
yeah me too and I think writing erotica is pretty challenging at times


Challenging but definitely rewarding when people enjoy it. Sometimes I get stressed over trying to 'keep people happy' i.e. my friends and followers but going into unknown territory can be a great release. The whole step to starting to write was a challenge and i think 'Hey, if i managed that, i might as well write what the hell i like' (with SOME restrictions btw).

But, yes, as a whole, it has increased my confidence, and not just in the sex-department.

Bored? Take five minutes out to read my competition entry, an astoundingly amazing tale about... well... sex.

Or for something a little longer, check out my new series, 'Dance for Me', a tale of heartbreak, escorts and beautiful people.
charmbrights
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 11:03:25 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/2/2011
Posts: 192
Location: Tirphil, United Kingdom
Yes - every time someone buys one of my books that is a few more pennies to spend on my beloved.

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
Shylass
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 12:40:21 PM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,592
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
Absolutely! The feedback I have had from my stories and posts etc on here has led to me posting a picture that is on here, but lost in albums on Facebook. It has now been re-posted in honour of National Cleavage Week, and recieved many heartfelt thanks. drunken The fact that people here have made it a point to encourage me and value what I have to offer (not actually physically, but in general), has made me think outside my own gloomy little world a little, and I am beginning to come out of my indrawn shell somewhat, just because I started off by posting a story that people were so kind about. It's made me feel normal.

Obviously it would take a whole lot more to have direct effect on my real life in how I act and react to real live people, but I am already thinking more postively in my own way on my own, and... enjoying it! dontknow


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
SensualDesires83
Posted: Saturday, March 31, 2012 3:56:09 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/27/2009
Posts: 373
Location: Southeast, United States, United States
I agree with everyone as well, especially tashitasha. I was and still am shy at times and writing erotica definitely helped with my self-confidence and my self-conscience in general. I used to write basic fiction and poems, but since finding my liking to erotic literature, it has helped my overall well-being.

"So don't cry to me.
If you loved me,
You would be here with me.
Don't lie to me,
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind."

--Evanescence
Hubertusius
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 7:40:28 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/17/2010
Posts: 44
not really
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 11:55:20 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,210
Location: Cakeland, United States
It all depends on your point of view.

In the beginning (a dozen years or so ago) I wrote erotic stories in an attempt to get into the skirts/panties of various women I'd meet off of adult mating and dating websites... it worked like gangbusters for a few years. Then I discovered Lush.

A little more than 2 years ago...

My cousin found out that I wrote erotica, read a few of my stories...and has been pestering me to knock her up and help her save her sexless marriage (she thinks having a baby will keep her and her husband of 17 years, together). Turns out...she's into all sorts of naughty filth and at 44, she's still pretty hot. On the down side, her husband is a big, mean, jealous bastard who I have never gotten along with.

My probation officer discovered this site, recognized my photo, read a few stories and she's leaning on me to take some hot showers with her, when her husband travels out of town on his frequent business trips. Every three months, I have to report in - to her house out in the burbs. I leave feeling clean but icky - make any sense?

An executive assistant to my director at the office...can't quit flashing me, whenever I get within line of sight of her as I run to fetch my morning coffee. If I'm in a meeting with my boss and my boss' boss, she's usually there sitting across the conference room table from me, taking meeting minutes...blouse unbuttoned flashing side-titty & tickling my leg with the tip of her shoe. She's pretty good looking, but...she's married to the guy who decides whether I have a job or not...She likes to distract me and create tents and possible stainage.

So no...writing erotica has not been as profitable for me as it used to be.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
naughtiestmommy
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 9:49:47 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 197
Location: Coastal, United States
I'd say reading it does. I'm just now coming out of a three-year illness that devastated my sex drive. Part of the reason I chose this site is because I had the android app, and reading stories here definitely helped get me in the mood. :)

.
.

I'm a loner, Dottie. A Rebel...
.
.

khlesas
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 7:26:11 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 5/3/2012
Posts: 66
Location: United States
naughtiestmommy wrote:
I'd say reading it does. I'm just now coming out of a three-year illness that devastated my sex drive. Part of the reason I chose this site is because I had the android app, and reading stories here definitely helped get me in the mood. :)


hmmm well yea mommie u saaid it.reading erotica makes our pains go away for a while as we get in the mood :pp
khlesas
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 7:27:32 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 5/3/2012
Posts: 66
Location: United States
naughtiestmommy wrote:
I'd say reading it does. I'm just now coming out of a three-year illness that devastated my sex drive. Part of the reason I chose this site is because I had the android app, and reading stories here definitely helped get me in the mood. :)


hmmm well yea mommie u saaid it.reading erotica makes our pains go away for a while as we get in the mood :pp
Michael
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 8:02:09 PM

Rank: Author

Joined: 10/22/2011
Posts: 2,005
Location: Expat in, Russia
Hi Tasha,
It has helped my self-confidence in day to day life, but not because I write "porn".
The change comes from being recognized for your writing by complete strangers.
That is a fantastic confidence builder, and lifts my confidence in general.




Guest
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2012 9:04:52 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,578
it has helped me and my girlfiend find our "kinky" side. we enjoy reading the stories together and then have fun.
harbour
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2012 12:49:33 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 11/6/2010
Posts: 38
Most definitely. Real life men and sex have never lived up to my expectations, high standards and the fantasies my mind has churned out. So I choose celibacy over the inevitable disappointment and channel my desires into writing, since I've come to realise that the only thing capable of turning me on is my own imagination.

"Nothing is villainous if it causes an erection"
-Marquis de Sade
WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, May 05, 2012 6:30:01 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,210
Location: Cakeland, United States
sholomrabin wrote:
it has helped me and my girlfiend find our "kinky" side. we enjoy reading the stories together and then have fun.


30 years ago, I'd have to go throw down $5.75 on a Penthouse magazine in some seedy 7/11 store, just to enjoy 3 pages of Xavier Hollander and maybe 3-4 pages of Penthouse Forum letters, to maybe gain similar thrills with my girlfriend(s).

Isn't technology wonderful? (now you can google what I just talked about to see how difficult that actually was) shaking

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
tashitasha
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 12:09:11 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/1/2010
Posts: 299
Location: Somewhere in The middle of Nowhere.
FtLMale wrote:
Hi Tasha,
It has helped my self-confidence in day to day life, but not because I write "porn".
The change comes from being recognized for your writing by complete strangers.
That is a fantastic confidence builder, and lifts my confidence in general.




I know what you mean and yes, it definitively boosts confidence :)

To unravel the truth behind everything, Megan is forced to leave everything behind to save herself and protect those she loves. Now on her own, this young woman will face challenges and dangers, relying on her only assets; her strength and determination. Read When The Truth Hurts by TashiTasha http://www.lushstories.com/stories/novels/when-the-truth-hurts-chapter-1.aspx
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.