Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

It was a mistake to give women the right to vote? Options · View
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 12:18:59 PM

That is one of the many things that the "Reverend" Jesse Lee Peterson has said on Sean Hannity's show on Fox. What do you think of this guy? Should he be allowed to speak on shows like that? Does he hurt anyone or anything by saying the things he does?

elitfromnorth
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 2:04:57 PM

Yes! Let him talk and make a complete and utter idiot of himself! Not only is he making himself look like a moron who obviously wasn't first in line when common sense was handed out, but he's making FOX news look even MORE unserious and ridicilous, which in itself is an achievement. I'm willing to chip in a good buck to get a panel of Glenn Beck, Jesse Lee Peterson and a few other nutjobs like them and make sure they have a good hour of panel debate every single day on FOX news. Maybe drag in a few radical right wingers from English Defence League as well, just to give it a more international reputation. Have this going on for a few months and you'll see FOX news' credibility where it belongs; in the gutter along with their retarded views.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
beowulf69
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 2:26:10 PM

Why not there are dozens of other idiots on every channel saying stuff just as stupid.

My first story for Lush is posted, The Goodbye Fuck.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/the-goodbye-fuck.aspx
TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 3:21:39 PM

Thanks for the giggle Chef... I howled with laughter for a good two or three minutes...

I need to go sign up for the Organization of Women that Hate Men or at least donate just for the comedic factor. drunken

Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 5:21:36 PM

Can you believe that man is on all the time? If you check youtube you'll see he has a lot of clips out there. It baffles the hell out of me how people buy the shit that comes out of his mouth.
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 6:13:24 PM

Well, didn't even play the video, but noted three things.

1. Talk of a woman's right to vote with a lady right next to him. Just by appearances, it looks like a jumbled bunch of jargon and stupidity.

2. Hannity. Need one saw more.

3. FOX. See #2.

A channel which will defend itself as many do as just another thought, and every one is allowed there thoughts correct? Yes, they are. But when you see such a triumvirate of stupid. No need to delve. Even stupid has its right, and like Ron White said, "you can't fix stupid."
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 6:17:09 PM

what i wonder, is why MEN have the right to vote? or should i say, THIS man? really? wow.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Ryario_Darkstar
Posted: Wednesday, May 09, 2012 7:27:58 PM

Here I was preparing to be enraged with what he would have to say, then I hear how he talks then Im like hmmm there is no intellegence from his words its like how you just accept what a dirty old man has to say and be on your way. There was really no arguement he was making a statement of his opinion. I doubt his words are going to set back women's rights anytime soon.

What gets me is why is there still no Equal Pay Amendment its the 21 century. (Since we are on the subject of women's right)
CharlotteRusse1
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:41:47 PM

Hannity didn't bother to question Peterson about this and would not repudiate his misogynistic remarks. So is Hannity a wimp or a misogynist? Maybe both.

Writer of amateur erotica since 2011..See the latest at:

Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:33:41 PM

Hannity is an insipid little boil on a ticks ass. But, it seems he gets ratings, so there's that.
nazhinaz
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 1:03:12 AM

Don't care of what an idiot says.
He is not only ridiculing himself but also all those who stand by him in his such ridiculing thoughts.
Equality of gender has been atained through a long process.
He ought to know that in old australian tribes and some of the african tribes, even today females are head of family
and they decide about the future of their males.
Not only that, females in such tribes have right to have many men simultanously in accorance to their tribal traditions.
TraceyAmes
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 2:17:48 AM

It does not matter what country or race you come from, there are many women far smarter than some dead-beat losers of men. To say that women should not vote is the ultimate sexist remark you could make, and only a narrow minded cretin with a peanut for a brain could deliver such a statement. God created all people equal, men and women, and people of all races. Lets face it, without women the world population would die out to extinction.
charmbrights
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 3:22:16 AM

Ryario_Darkstar wrote:
... What gets me is why is there still no Equal Pay Amendment its the 21 century. (Since we are on the subject of women's right)
So the female draughtsperson we employed should get the same wages as the male draughtsman we employed with the same experience and skills, sitting at the next drawing board, doing the same work?

I assume you would answer with a resounding "YES!"

But she walked in one day and announced that her husband had been moved to a different office by his employers and it was promotion for him so she wouldn't be in after that day, as she was going house and job hunting in the new location. She left part finished drawings, and a hole in our available staff hours. Is she giving anything "equal" to the service provided to us in return for the wages by the man next to her ? And do you wonder why employers are wary of hiring women?

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
charmbrights
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 3:24:26 AM

TraceyAmes wrote:
... To say that women should not vote is the ultimate sexist remark ...
No it isn't. Try "The education costs of the country could be reduced dramatically by not educating women beyond the age of eleven."

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
Vik333
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 7:14:05 AM

laughing6
TraceyAmes wrote:
It does not matter what country or race you come from, there are many women far smarter than some dead-beat losers of men. To say that women should not vote is the ultimate sexist remark you could make, and only a narrow minded cretin with a peanut for a brain could deliver such a statement. God created all people equal, men and women, and people of all races. Lets face it, without women the world population would die out to extinction.

Of course should women vote. They bring at least as many ideas as men to the table plus men had ruled the world more or less exclusively for some thousand years moving from one war into another another. Maybe it is time for some input? ;-)

Anyways, if we see ourselves as members of a modern society, equal rights for men and women, such as the right to vote, are a given and a fair thing.

Besides, where would the world be today without women having the role in today's society that they have? My guess is that it would a lot more ignorant, naarrow-minded and insensitive.
LadyX
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 8:44:03 AM

charmbrights wrote:

But she walked in one day and announced that her husband had been moved to a different office by his employers and it was promotion for him so she wouldn't be in after that day, as she was going house and job hunting in the new location. She left part finished drawings, and a hole in our available staff hours. Is she giving anything "equal" to the service provided to us in return for the wages by the man next to her ? And do you wonder why employers are wary of hiring women?

Answer is still yes. Short-notice quitters, short-timers, and unreliable employees come in both sexes, and all shapes and sizes. Both genders get equal pay and opportunity or it's sexism, full stop. Personnel present challenges; nobody said owning a business was easy.
lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 9:08:59 AM

Several years ago a study was released that showed that women actually earn very nearly the same as men, in the United States. The figures that are normally used to determine salaries come from yearly tax files, showing the yearly salary of American workers. In fact, men did outearn women in nearly every regard. However, once unpaid Maternity leave was added into the numbers the wage gap narrowed considerably. Millions of women workers each year take approx. 12 weeks off of work to give birth and raise their newborns. Rightly so. But most companies don't and/or are unable to pay for an absent employee for 12 weeks.

We have a long way to go as a society. Women do get the short end of the stick. But thankfully, that gap is narrowing with each passing year. Gender should have absolutely no role in how much a person is paid. Wages should be set on experience, education, and seniority. Regardless of male of female.

edit..... so far i haven't been able to find the study that I referenced. Will continue to search.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
mercianknight
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 10:25:13 AM

Shame on you Chef. You know the rules.

This post should have been in the Entertainment section under humour/Funny Videos.

I'm gonna report you to Nic coffee

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 4:26:43 PM

No kidding MK. It was amusing.
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 7:42:10 PM

LOL this guy... The right to vote wasn't a mistake... That was just a consequence. The first mistake was letting them out the cave when we went to hunt dinosaurs 'n' shit.

DLizze
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 9:34:02 PM

charmbrights wrote:
So the female draughtsperson we employed should get the same wages as the male draughtsman we employed with the same experience and skills, sitting at the next drawing board, doing the same work?

I assume you would answer with a resounding "YES!"

In this country, we used to call them "drafters" (now they are "CAD Operaters; unfortunately, true drafting is a lost art, but that is the subject for a different rant), but what I wanted to say is, I have seen male drafters leave with similar undone work remaining, so I don't think short-staffing an office is a sex-linked characteristic.

As to the original question whether it was a mistake to allow females to vote, I say, not only no, but Hell no, it wasn't a mistake.

But I am probably prejudiced; my mother was the first female elected to the Maryland House of Delegates from her district. She had a poster hanging in her office that proclaimed, "A woman's place is in the house. And the Senate."

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
NudistRob
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2012 9:50:56 PM

The TRUTH is your VOTE does not count anyway. Recent changes to vote technology has now made your vote meaningless. The company who has designed and maintained voting software is called DIEBOLD. the software is designed to create a pre-determined outcome while creating suspense like a reality show along the way. Meanwhile all of the vote counting or downloading is now conducted in SPAIN outside the reach of any activists or monitors and like Guantanimo, outside the reach of the now suspended US Constitution. So boys and girls your vote does not count. If you want your voice to truly be heard simply close out your US bank accounts and watch what happens!!! The entire world will hear you then!!

US VOTES COUNTED IN SPAIN -
_mal_
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:09:22 PM

1) Women are humans (obviously).
2) It is a fundamental human right to have say in one's government.
Therefore, women have the right to vote (and therefore should be able to vote).

It's as simple as that, folks. Can't see the obviousness or how those ideas follow from the above logic? Then the Reverend really is an idiot (and anyone who agrees with him).
clum
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:17:50 PM

Women can vote? I feel like that should have been bigger news. I never heard a thing...

Every day is a school day.
NudistRob
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:19:14 PM

NudistRob wrote:
The TRUTH is your VOTE does not count anyway. Recent changes to vote technology has now made your vote meaningless. The company who has designed and maintained voting software is called DIEBOLD. the software is designed to create a pre-determined outcome while creating suspense like a reality show along the way. Meanwhile all of the vote counting or downloading is now conducted in SPAIN outside the reach of any activists or monitors and like Guantanimo, outside the reach of the now suspended US Constitution. So boys and girls your vote does not count. If you want your voice to truly be heard simply close out your US bank accounts and watch what happens!!! The entire world will hear you then!!

US VOTES COUNTED IN SPAIN -

lets keep the debate alive
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:14:45 AM

NudistRob wrote:

lets keep the debate alive

Interesting stuff, Rob. Though I think it's probably best as it's own thread, since this one is about the Reverend Bigot and His Bible-Skewing Sideshow.
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:32:21 AM

I have no problem with women voting. As soon as her husband, father, brother, or other man tells her what and whom to vote for. Seems foolproof to me. evil4

Btw, that dude is a douchebag. He represents such a very very small minority of men who think this way that he should never be given any air time.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Buz
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:48:48 AM

Women can vote? Next thing you know they will be telling us what to do.

What am I talking about? They already do. I've got four that do that regularly, my wife, my mom, my little sister, and my mother-in-law.

I said, "I Do." Now I say, "Yes dear!"

HELP!!!!!dontknow

wolverine15
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:55:37 PM

"does he hurt anyone or anything by saying the things he does?"
Considering that less than 50% of women voted in the 2010 election, and that only about 65% are registered to vote in the United States I ask you, isn't this idiot only speaking to the minority of women in the US? That being said, he like the woman that CHOOSE not to vote is simply exercising his constitutional rights.

Lushies I say to you voting is like sex. It is a participation sport!

“If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you."

ginger86
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 5:55:19 AM

i agree with the "reverend" that women shouldn't be able to vote because they let their libido do the voting, awww he's so cute he'll make a perfect president or he's so nice. then again, i don't think men should be able to vote either, they usually vote along party lines whether or not they believe it is the right person for the job or not. i think we should let the babies vote, put the candidates in a room full of babies and the person that can win over the most babies win. babies seem to have an instinct for knowing who is a good person and who is a jerk. my other choice would be to put them all in a wrestling ring and let them have a free for all, last man standing is the winner. we may still not have the best president but we will have the toughest and with the candidates we usually have to choose from, maybe the toughest would be the best. it worked for thousands of years with kings and such.