Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Should creationism be taught in schools? Options · View
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:49:37 AM

Thank you Naughty.
carolinafun
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2012 6:55:51 AM

no...ask yourself this - does it really matter how we got here???? If people focused more on how to co-exist peacefully and less on irrelevent bullshit and petty beliefs for which there is no proof either way, we'd all be better off....remember, nearly all of the wars in history involved religous differences....Sword Fight
SirBunny
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 10:50:05 AM

No. I don't think one should be allowed to even have a religion until maybe your 16. That's my bit.

harbour
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 12:07:36 PM

To paraphrase the great Principle Chalmers: "God has no place in schools, just like facts have no place in organised religion"

"Nothing is villainous if it causes an erection"
-Marquis de Sade
NudistRob
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:13:11 PM

harbour wrote:
To paraphrase the great Principle Chalmers: "God has no place in schools, just like facts have no place in organised religion"

WHAT! The original law was to prevent schools from interfering with religion and that is exactly what they have done. And we will pay greatly for the decisions we are making as a nation.
Whoever is pregnant with evil
conceives trouble and gives birth(AE) to disillusionment.
15 Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out
falls into the pit(AF) they have made.(AG)
16 The trouble they cause recoils on them;
their violence comes down on their own heads.

17 I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness;(AH)
I will sing the praises(AI) of the name of the Lord Most High.(AJ)

Whatch this! The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 11:44:35 PM

Funny that those bad kings were backed by the pious and devout. I think if something else is prescribed in our schools even more dumbing down will occur. There are some shackles and chains that need to be shrugged off so that we are all truly free.

Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 3:16:05 PM

I have not read any other posts here on lush regarding this topic as please excuse me if this has already been said. In response to the original question I have this to say:

Fuuuuuuuck NO! Let the religious asses teach that if they want it has no place in a place of learning.
NudistRob
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 8:48:23 PM

insheepsclothing54 wrote:
I have not read any other posts here on lush regarding this topic as please excuse me if this has already been said. In response to the original question I have this to say:

Fuuuuuuuck NO! Let the religious asses teach that if they want it has no place in a place of learning.

May I ask, what exactly it is that you have learned in you State run government propaganda camp?

Here check this out - The Story of Your Enslavement

The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America

The Collapse of The American Dream Explained in Animation In animation so you stay focused. Make believe you are watching Sponge Bob Square Pants!!!!

Interesting AVATAR sheep in wolfes clothing. Hmmmm...............
jaye15
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:53:46 AM

Yes of course it should,statistically more than half the country believes in a supreme being. Regards to thos that think this is a church/state issue would be incorrect to think that. The constitution and bill of rights are clear that the issue of separation is in regards to a state endorsed or mandated faith. It escapes me what all the fuss is over that , I thought learning, knowledge and education were to expand your thinking...seems pretty narrow minded to oppose it as a theory.

Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:14:37 AM

SirBunny
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 1:42:05 PM

No.

DLizze
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 12:09:59 PM

carolinafun wrote:
....remember, nearly all of the wars in history involved religous differences....Sword Fight

I respectfully beg to differ. I would suggest that nearly all wars in mankind's history had as their basis, economic differences. Religion was merely used as a tool for controlling the masses (no pun intended).

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
NudistRob
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 1:47:36 PM

DLizze wrote:

I respectfully beg to differ. I would suggest that nearly all wars in mankind's history had as their basis, economic differences. Religion was merely used as a tool for controlling the masses (no pun intended).

Thats correct my friend. ALL WARS are related to money or fiat paper. Afganistan is for opium and lithium, Iraq for oil and to prevent Sadam from creating the gold dinar, Eygpt from using gold dinar and allowing use of largest water aquifer, Syria from joining the Gold dinar. Iran now wants to buy and sell in Gold. Now they must die! Nuclear weapons is complete MSM bullcrap! Only Jesus Christ will bring peace! If you are not ready for the complete collapse of reality as you know it you will suffer greatly. This is no joke. Your name is actually a corporation. Your checking account belongs to the bank and the corp! You dont actually own your home or anything else for that matter. Just keep working for the banks and pay your intereset payments on time. You are a SLAVE my friends.

The Story Of Your Enslavement

What is Fiat Currency

Gold or Paper
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 4:21:49 PM

NudistRob
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 5:58:10 PM

chefkathleen wrote:
Worse. Instead of falling it is just polluted with ceisium 137 at 10 times the strenght of the Russian nuclear meltdown. Cancer is increasing in California as we speak and in short time all of northern hemisphere will be toxic!
The Whole Northern Hemisphere is at Risk of Becoming Largely Uninhabitable

Fukashima was a nuclear strike
charlie1980
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:15:12 PM

i am completely glad I do not live in a country where this is even a debate! The irrelevance of it is unbelievable. There is no correlation in modern society between religion and known facts. There is nothing wrong with understanding evolution and believing in a divine power. It is not a mutually exclusive club, there will always be things we cannot understand and it may be true that a power above our understanding is in control, but it cannot be proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

Without any disrespect I cannot understand the American point of view re: guns and religion, has anyone in the country ever read any of the things they reference without bias? Queue debate!!

BTW constitution does not mean everyone has to have guns
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2012 9:50:10 PM

A debate on guns can be had else where. And, it is present if you want to debate it, and have a modem of initiative.

Back to the actual question.

Should creationism be taught in schools?

My response: No.
Selynar
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 7:05:04 PM

Creationism being taught in schools... Yes.

Creationism being taunt in science class... No.

Creationism is not science, nor will it ever be.
HandsomeScientist
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 2:39:36 AM

Piquet wrote:
If you do teach creationism in schools, which creation story do you teach? The Judeo-Christian version, the Hindu version, the Zoroastrian or the ancient Egyptian?

Don't laugh at the latter either, I've met people who worship the Egyptian gods sincerely and devoutly. Their beliefs are just as legitimate and worthy of respect as those of anyone else. Our Australian Aboriginies have a plethora of creation stories. Their beliefs should be respected also.

While there are countless religions, sects and systems of faith; all of which are in conflict with each other and have been for centuries, there is only one science.

Or, alternatively "their beliefs are just as illegitimate and worthy of derision as those of anyone else." This is what I don't get. At Abu Simbel in Egypt there are some of the most complete and spectacular wall decorations in any Egpytian temple and there were a few people wandering around stroking the glyphs and absorbing energy or somesuch. The vast majority of people would think "what a weirdo." But someone going in to a church to pray or meditate or whatever? That's not weird? In my mind, there's no difference and it's not intolerance, it's a genuine lack of understanding on my part as to why one is less strange than the other, let alone to be positively encouraged.

Guest wrote:
my god doll really? i cant tell you how that scares me. i wish that we could evolve as a society to the point where we dont need archaic rituals and "spells" to allay our fears of death and the unknown. i read a book, forgive me i cant remember the author called The God Delusion. it basically stated that our enire planet is deluded and backed it up with hard science and math (took me 3 weeks to get thru as it was way above my head) but when i was done i went right from agnostic to atheist. i fully recommend it to anyone thats "on the fence"

It's by the hero that is eminent professor or evolutionary biology, Richard Dawkins. He and Christopher Hitchens are often slated for being too forceful and opinionated. You can't be TOO forceful or opinionated if you're 100% RIGHT, I reckon.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/the-bridegrooms-sister.aspx - My new story, written with the woman's satisfaction in mind.
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:40:22 PM

No! It's just that easy, NO!!!!
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:42:10 PM

CAN ANYONE CITE SOME SPECIFICS ON HOW TO TEACH THE STUDENTS TO BE CREATIVE? THE CURRICULUM IS VERY RIGID AND OLD-FASHIONED THAT'S WHY WE CAN'T EXPECT FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL FREED THE MIND OF THE STUD.

ANYWAY, ABOUT THE "RAGE CAGE" FORUM, IF SOMEONE HATES ME FOR MY CAPS-LOCK STYLE, THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM. I DON'T EVEN COMPEL ANYONE TO READ MY POSTS HERE. I KNOW THAT I CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY. I DON'T EVEN MUDDLE WITH YOUR STYLES...SO PLEASE DO THE SAME WAY, TOO.
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:07:11 PM

crypticneophyte wrote:
CAN ANYONE CITE SOME SPECIFICS ON HOW TO TEACH THE STUDENTS TO BE CREATIVE? THE CURRICULUM IS VERY RIGID AND OLD-FASHIONED THAT'S WHY WE CAN'T EXPECT FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL FREED THE MIND OF THE STUD.

ANYWAY, ABOUT THE "RAGE CAGE" FORUM, IF SOMEONE HATES ME FOR MY CAPS-LOCK STYLE, THAT'S NOT MY PROBLEM. I DON'T EVEN COMPEL ANYONE TO READ MY POSTS HERE. I KNOW THAT I CAN'T PLEASE EVERYBODY. I DON'T EVEN MUDDLE WITH YOUR STYLES...SO PLEASE DO THE SAME WAY, TOO.

I agree that it's hard to teach creativity. This thread's actually about the prospect of teaching Creationism, not creativity.

How do we free the mind of the stud? Well, I guess we need a few studs to weigh in with a clue. evil4
1curiouscat
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:14:36 PM

LadyX wrote:

I agree that it's hard to teach creativity. This thread's actually about the prospect of teaching Creationism, not creativity.

How do we free the mind of the stud? Well, I guess we need a few studs to weigh in with a clue. evil4

Lfunny

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
CharlotteRusse1
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:33:26 PM

Sure Creationism can be taught in schools. But not in Science classes. It should only be taught in in Comparative Religion classes.

Writer of amateur erotica since 2011..See the latest at:

Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:10:20 PM

jaye15 wrote:
Yes of course it should,statistically more than half the country believes in a supreme being. Regards to thos that think this is a church/state issue would be incorrect to think that. The constitution and bill of rights are clear that the issue of separation is in regards to a state endorsed or mandated faith. It escapes me what all the fuss is over that , I thought learning, knowledge and education were to expand your thinking...seems pretty narrow minded to oppose it as a theory.

if you were to offer a course that introduced all forms of religion, then yes it would be quite educational. if you were to go with the majority faith, you would be in my opinion creating the premise for a state mandated religion. the fuss is also how people attempt to use religious belief, a personal choice, to control others by using fear. people also LOVE to forget how the stories reflected in books of faith are often the most violent things out there. Awesome thing to look up to. But those sections don't count right?
ByronLord
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:30:12 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:

After all, if God didn't create the Earth, then what does it matter? And if God DID create the Earth, isn't it possible that He put in enough red herrings and false evidence to allow all this confusion in the first place? I think ALL possibilities should be taught honestly, and they should be described as to whether they're based on empirical evidence, blind faith, or what.

If God did not create the earth then a large number of priests have been making a living by conning people out of their money and happiness by selling them scare stories.

BTW, I am a Christian, but my church has no priests.

If God created the universe and the galaxies and the stars I am pretty sure he has no need of priests or popes or mullahs as intermediaries. The idea that he would choose an ex-NAZI with a history of covering up pedophile rapists is particularly odd but no more odd than the idea that he would choose a closeted homosexual who works himself up into regular anti gay rants or a man who collects money in the US for a 'charity' that turns out to be spending it to finance his interests in the blood diamond trade in Sierra Leone.

It certainly seems rather suspicious when the priests claim that the gateway to heaven is only open to those who choose to believe the priests. If you care to actually examine the biblical basis for that claim you will find it is actually pretty thin, about five verses and those require a lot of interpretation to arrive at that meaning.

The real point of the separation clause was not to separate religion, it was to separate the priests and stop them meddling in politics. Many of the founders were indeed devout Christians. But they were also anti-clerical. Freemasonry was virulently anti-clerical at the time. At the time science could only offer a partial explanation of existence in any case.

At root, Pascal had it completely wrong. Belief in God is not a sure win bet when the consequence of that belief is to allow a group of priests to run your life and tell you what you can do, who you can sleep with, which wars are good and so on.

In truth the God the priests would have us worship is not God but a substitute that man has created in his own image from time to time. So the God of the old testament invented at a time when society was top down is mighty big on hierarchical authority and not challenging the divine order of things.

The true believer in God will know to discard the books of disputed authorship and concentrate on the one book that everyone has to admit is incontrovertibly his work if he happens to exist, that is the book of the universe in which we live. People can argue about the interpretation of genesis, but the existence of the electron and the proton are more difficult to contest.

While it is possible that the universe may have been created as a cosmic test of faith as the creationists attempt to claim, what this amounts to is a claim that God lied while writing the book of the universe and only told the truth while dictating what amounts to a bullet point list.

If young earth creationism is true then all our cosmology is also totally wrong since the volume of space within five thousand light years of earth only contains a few billion stars. So how can we be seeing the other stars that are further away?

So no, creationism is not worth teaching in any form of school. It is bad theology and certainly not any form of science.

lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 10:30:30 AM

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
ArtMan
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:12:14 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:

You're absolutely right. Remember - America was first settled by religious extremists fleeing their homelands for a new world where they could practice their (extreme) beliefs without interference. Of our two main political parties, the Republicans claim to represent conservative Christian values, and usually base their party platform on what they see as God's will, rather than rule of law. Most Republicans would just as soon see our schools turned into some Christian variant of a Madras. Every election cycle, you can hear some nitwit prattling on about how America is a "Christian country", despite overwhelming legal and moral evidence to the contrary. Therefore, schools are seen as battlegrounds, where kids are indoctrinated with either "liberal nonsense" or "Christian dogma" (depending on which side of the fight you're on).

This is why I'm in favor of teaching ALL sides of the story, with complete explanations as to just how each version fits in with our view of the modern world.

These radical Christians mostly work and pay taxes, own homes, do not sponge off the government, and send their children to college. Maybe I don't agree with a lot of their ideas but without them who would foot the bill. The liberals? HA They want to receive more than they give, not a solid concept.

I would rather see Christians teach their creationism in their Sunday schools and schools concentrate on science. Mostly though, I would like to see American public schools aspire to be on par with the rest of the industrialized world. We have fallen behind Europe and Japan badly in mathematics and science.

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:15:54 AM

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
principessa
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 11:24:25 AM

lafayettemister wrote:

I agree. Parents who want their children to get a religious education should send them to religious schools, whatever the creed or denomination. The US is not a Christian country any more than most other countries in the developed world. They are all diverse and becoming more so. Church and state are separated constitutionally in most places for a good reason. Freedom is not to have religious instruction imposed in school or as the default mechanism in a society. Freedom of religion includes freedom from religion, if that is your choice.

If you want an example of how a theocracy works, look at Iran and how it adheres to democratic principles.