Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

what percent do you think must be fake here? Options · View
DLizze
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 12:35:12 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 4/23/2011
Posts: 2,552
Buz wrote:
I think the entire US House of Representatives are Lush members claiming to be 18-21 year old lesbians.
...
PS. I think that WellMadeMale is really David H. Petraeus, Director of the CIA. See the similarities:



Yes, and scroll up to his avatar: Buddybear is obviously really John Lennon.

If you play track three of the white album backwards at 2/3 speed, then reduce the recording to digital, and remove the bass, you can hear the lead guitar say it, too. "Buddybear is really Johnny." (everyone knows the members all called each other by nicknames) evil4

On a more serious note, this thread reminds me of the solipsist argument: I know I am real, but I only think you might be.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
OpenMindedGuy
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 7:42:04 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/16/2011
Posts: 677
Location: around the Toronto area, Canada
Dancing_Doll wrote:
Here are some general rules:

1. Assume that all avatars are just pics or representations of the person behind them - not a real photo of the actual person, unless otherwise stated.

2. If someone has naked photos in an open public-gallery on their profile - take it with a grain of salt. How many people do you know outside "the adult industry" that would be cool with posting tons of explicit pics of themselves online for anyone to access. Double the skepticism if the photos show their face. Triple the skepticism if they have nude photos posted of their supposed best friends, family members, boyfriends/girlfriends, and teachers... because... let's face it - who the fuck would do that?

3. Yes, there is a skewed demographic with an endless array of 19 yr old bisexual/lesbians that look like professional models on this site that are always extreme level-10 horny. If you *are* actually a 19 yr old lesbian looking for a girl to chat with - damn, I feel bad for you - you will have to wade through a lot of fakes.

4. If a person has spent a lot of time on their profile, has earned a lot of badges in the way of voting/commenting stories or actually writing their own stories, you can probably put a little more trust in them - they have invested time into the site and aren't just here for cyber kicks and trolling for friends.

5. Read between the lines when you see a profile. Does this sound like a real person, or more like a stereotyped two-dimensional sex-bot who proclaims themselves a nympho fuckslut with unrealistic (daily) sexual adventures. Most real women will not want to present themselves this way, even if they are super kinky - and they will probably have some standards, even on the internet.


*** Don't get too bent out of shape about who is real and fake. Develop some basic "internet smarts" and talk to people based on how much you enjoy the convo. If it isn't your style, then move along to the next person. Chances are, this site is going to be the extent of your interactions with them, so as long as you're entertained here, then it's all good.


I couldn't have said it better Doll, especially 2 and 3!
SydneySider
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 4:11:13 AM

Rank: Chat Moderator

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 1,704
Location: Sydney, Australia
I couldnt put a number on it, but when someone uses Cock, Pussy, horny, or any of those kinds of words in their user name, they are only here to grab your attention and are here for one reason, which I guess is fine. But, dont be butt hurt when you get emotionally involved and one of them turns out to be someone different to who they say they are.

NudistRob
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 5:29:47 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 12/30/2010
Posts: 94
It seems easy to tell who is real and who is not. Then after a short conversation any doubt about your feeling is gone. All my pics are real. My profile is simple, true, and accurate. As a result there may be people who are not interested in friending me, but those who do have turned out to be interesting people. If i talk about a fantasy i will say so. but most of the time i speak about experiences i have. I am not one to just sit in a fantasy world. It needs to be a reality for me. So at some point I shut off the computer and go to a nude resort, swingers club, or do a nude shoot outdoors with a female friend. At some point something has to be REAL!
redlips
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 8:39:45 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/21/2011
Posts: 144
I don't think fantasy and fake is the same thing. Just because I come here wanting to talk about, and in some small way experience, a fantasy I have through conversation with someone doesn't make me a fake. Or wait, maybe the fantasy itself is fake. Maybe that would.....or wait, maybe I am the fantasy and my reality is fake. It is all so confusing to me. So why does it matter anyway. Have a good time, enjoy each other, and don't be so uptight and self righteous sounding. Real life is REAL. I don't need to come here for that. Now, about all those 19 year old submissive lesbians, fuck yes, you can ALL come clean my house this week.

If you ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it.................Frank Lloyd Wright

I always practice obedience, when it's in my best interest.
Ruthie
Posted: Friday, April 06, 2012 10:37:47 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 2,390
Location: United States
Buz wrote:
I think the entire US House of Representatives are Lush members claiming to be 18-21 year old lesbians.

Lush members have careers to protect, family members & children that they do not want knowing and such. Disguising one's identity just makes common sense. I certainly do not expect someone to post actual names & face pictures unless you are a pornstar.

PS. I think that WellMadeMale is really David H. Petraeus, Director of the CIA. See the similarities:


I don't really care about a person's real identity on Lush. I'm not here to meet people. If it were a dating site, then it would make a difference if a person was being honest about who they are, but not on a sex story site.

I really don't have a lot about me on my profile, aside from likes and dislikes. The pictures are mostly ones that amuse me. My avatar represents the real me, but I admit it isn't entirely an accurate representation. I do play guitar, but I don't have a tail. I am a redhead, but I don't have horns. Although, I am horny when I'm online sometimes. I like heels and leather, and would love to have those boots.

I haven't posted my real age, but I tell anyone who asks me what it is the truth. Even though it is rude to ask guys. If you don't ask I can be whatever age you want me to be, but if you do ask you limit yourself to a 26 year old. Oddly the same age as Buz.

Yes Buz, I read your profile. Our age isn't the only thing we have in common. We also have UGA in common. It's a big school, but it's not unreasonable to believe that we might have crossed paths, or met in a club, or been in a class together. There are lots of people who would have known who you were from your personal info and a facial shot, and a lot more who would have said something like, "Yeah, I recognize that guy. He spilled a frosted orange on me one time at the Varsity."

Was that you, Buz? Can you deny ever having a frosted orange at the Varsity? Do you ever go by the one in Atlanta, even though it's full of Georgia Tech people, because you have to have a chili dog and onion rings? Maybe you were too drunk to remember me.

Is that it?

Of course, since you didn't post a picture of your face I can never be sure, which I think proves your point. I can't make you pay for my blouse, which at the time was probably cotton, but over time has become very expensive silk, or the years of therapy I've had to suffer as a result.

WellMadeMale can find out, you know. He has his methods. He is on my friend list too.
sexyeyes37
Posted: Saturday, April 07, 2012 10:37:43 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/13/2012
Posts: 601
Location: United Kingdom
<<<<<<<<is definately real and the only reason I have face pics and 'other' pics on profile is no one on here knows me.Hope that makes sense.

sexyeyes37
dreamer
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 5:43:51 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 19
Location: United Kingdom
I use tineye to check if people are real or not. It's a reverse image search. You've got to take peoples profile pictures with a pinch of salt. I've found quite a few popular members are completely fake and some of those are seeing others on the site so it makes you wonder how that went down when they found out.
SITTING
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 6:11:49 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 8/11/2011
Posts: 724
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
I think that a lot of people on here are not 100% fake but they only give info about parts of themselves which they are comfortable with strangers seeing. Take me for example. My name is a complete lie because it would be very awkward for someone I knew in real life to see me on this site. (And it also sounds WAY cooler than my real name.) But everything else I've filled out in my profile is true. I've posted a picture of myself but it's nothing explicit and only my 'friends' can see it.
I don't understand the obsession with NEEDING to know if someone is real or not. You meet online, talk a little, read a couple of stories and that's it. Unless you're planning to meet up with someone in real life, I don't understand the concern.
I have some friends who do claim to be 19 year old bisexuals and to be honest, I believe them. Not because I'm super gullible but because everything they say to me in PM's etc seems very genuine. And even if they really are 55 year old bald guys, does it really matter? I'm not planning to meet up with them anytime soon.
I ignore the people who message me with links to porn and stuff like 'Wanna meet up for NSA sex????' It'd be stupid to respond to it. When you get into a real conversation with someone, it doesn't really matter about what age they've put, or what nude pics they have up because you're talking to them and their personality, not their insecurities.
playsit
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 7:34:00 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/26/2011
Posts: 289
Location: Northeastern Untied Sates, United States
buckeroo wrote:
Can anyone on lush be totally real, the illusion of being is part of the draw to lush, otherwise we are stuck in reality. And the escape is what in some part we all long for. None of us are as real as we claim, the question is what is truth, and what is real. And not being overbearing enough to know the truth, and let the other enjoy there illusion!


Yes bukeroo, we can be totally real on Lush. I can be myself here without fear of judgment. I don't have that luxury in my everyday life. I also have some amazingly real friends here.
justexposed
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 7:40:14 AM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 9/11/2011
Posts: 2
I'm kinda new, but I'm real. I've been asked if I am really a man, because I write from a man's point of view in my stories, but I am not a man. I just can't help but think like one.
Guest
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 8:32:18 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,425
Vast majority
Col66
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 4:11:16 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 4/13/2012
Posts: 16
Location: United Kingdom
No way of knowing....unfortunately.
Fugly
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 4:24:20 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/11/2010
Posts: 1,005
I would have to say 50%, maybe more, much more LOL

I know there are a lot of genuine members, but due to privacy issues, change a few things here and there.

I know there are a lot of fakes. I know of one member who created another account as a religious sex pot causing mayhem in the forums just for an experiment dontknow LOL - what I am saying, it is all in fun, real or fake.
naughtiestmommy
Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012 4:52:09 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/26/2012
Posts: 197
Location: Coastal, United States
dreamer wrote:
"I use tineye to check if people are real or not. It's a reverse image search. You've got to take peoples profile pictures with a pinch of salt. I've found quite a few popular members are completely fake and some of those are seeing others on the site so it makes you wonder how that went down when they found out."


I thought so! (About the really popular members being fake). I guess, originally, I gave people the benefit of the doubt, mainly because I am completely open about who I am (well, within the boundaries of common sense and good taste lol) and just assumed others would feel the same, but it really didn't take long to figure out that some people ARE quite fake. (Mainly, it seems to be more women than men, from what I've seen thus far--but none of the guys running after them, tails wagging, seem to mind, so who does it hurt? I guess it doesn't really hurt anyone, but it says something about how someone feels about him- or herself if he/she has to post pictures of someone else and pretend to be that person instead.

My real worry, though, are the ones of girls saying they are like 24 or even 18. Honey, in your pictures, you are in your room--in front of a single bed and with walls plastered with Little Wayne and Justin Timberlake posters. Aren't you really only like 14? My daughter is 17, and I'd hate for her to find this site (if she hasn't already! lol).

Thanks for the Tineye lead! I am too lazy to track it down, and probably even lazier to try to scrutinize which "Friends" are fake, but it's going to be fun with the ones I already had an eye on lol.

.
.

I'm a loner, Dottie. A Rebel...
.
.

Guest
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:31:54 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,425
SITTING wrote:
I think that a lot of people on here are not 100% fake but they only give info about parts of themselves which they are comfortable with strangers seeing. Take me for example. My name is a complete lie because it would be very awkward for someone I knew in real life to see me on this site. (And it also sounds WAY cooler than my real name.) But everything else I've filled out in my profile is true. I've posted a picture of myself but it's nothing explicit and only my 'friends' can see it.
I don't understand the obsession with NEEDING to know if someone is real or not. You meet online, talk a little, read a couple of stories and that's it. Unless you're planning to meet up with someone in real life, I don't understand the concern.
I have some friends who do claim to be 19 year old bisexuals and to be honest, I believe them. Not because I'm super gullible but because everything they say to me in PM's etc seems very genuine. And even if they really are 55 year old bald guys, does it really matter? I'm not planning to meet up with them anytime soon.
I ignore the people who message me with links to porn and stuff like 'Wanna meet up for NSA sex????' It'd be stupid to respond to it. When you get into a real conversation with someone, it doesn't really matter about what age they've put, or what nude pics they have up because you're talking to them and their personality, not their insecurities.


Muhahahaha. I know you in real life 'Emilia' and I don't think this is awkward at all. Though you DID direct me here so I suppose that cancels it all out.

PS. I'm totally fake but not pretending to be a lesbian because I have no idea how to discuss 'lesbian-related' things.
Guest
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:42:58 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,425
I'd say it's about 60%
DirtyMartini
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:19:49 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,791
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:


3. Yes, there is a skewed demographic with an endless array of 19 yr old bisexual/lesbians that look like professional models on this site that are always extreme level-10 horny.



Are you trying to suggest that all those girls on my friends list aren't really 19 years old and constantly horny? Jeez, I don't even know why I come here anymore...dontknow




You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

FelineFantasy
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:15:52 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2011
Posts: 387
I'd say a good 80%. You can tell when they're fake because they have no forum posts, or any sort of sign that they are contributing to the community besides pimping themselves out asking for picture comments or commenting on equally fake pages calling everyone babe & what not. It's sad to watch! At any rate, Dancing Doll is completely correct, although I do have posted one picture of my best friend and myself, but let's disregard that lol.

Click > here < to read my first feature story, Techno Aphrodite by Piquet!
Warlock
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:36:09 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/24/2012
Posts: 199
Location: Where I need to be right now, United States
Fake is such a harsh word on an adult site that is primarily fantasy oriented.. in this place you can be whoever you want.. and for the most part every member here gives the other members the space to be that person.. all that any of us ask is that you don't take advantage of your persona.. enjoy playing who you are but be respectful and courteous to others.. it's all good..
Nolaguy
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:37:54 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 4/13/2012
Posts: 10
This has been a question on my mind since I started. I haven't dealt with to many people on this site but I would say around 80% are fake in some way. I really don't get the point of faking who you are on this site. What are you really getting out of it? I much rather post a pic of me and have someone coment on it than some fake pic of a guy with a perfect set of abs. Anyone who actually works out knows that it isn't that easy to look like that.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:41:14 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,636
Location: My Tower, United States
i am really a cat who learned how to type really well. :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
DirtyMartini
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:54:25 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,791
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
sprite wrote:
i am really a cat who learned how to type really well. :)


Oh yeah? We'll have to get together some day...




You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

sprite
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:57:55 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,636
Location: My Tower, United States
you should use your dog pic for your avatar, Alan - it's MUCH cuter then the current one :D

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
keoloke
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:06:51 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/12/2010
Posts: 599
Location: United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:
Here are some general rules:

1. Assume that all avatars are just pics or representations of the person behind them - not a real photo of the actual person, unless otherwise stated.

2. If someone has naked photos in an open public-gallery on their profile - take it with a grain of salt. How many people do you know outside "the adult industry" that would be cool with posting tons of explicit pics of themselves online for anyone to access. Double the skepticism if the photos show their face. Triple the skepticism if they have nude photos posted of their supposed best friends, family members, boyfriends/girlfriends, and teachers... because... let's face it - who the fuck would do that?

3. Yes, there is a skewed demographic with an endless array of 19 yr old bisexual/lesbians that look like professional models on this site that are always extreme level-10 horny. If you *are* actually a 19 yr old lesbian looking for a girl to chat with - damn, I feel bad for you - you will have to wade through a lot of fakes.

4. If a person has spent a lot of time on their profile, has earned a lot of badges in the way of voting/commenting stories or actually writing their own stories, you can probably put a little more trust in them - they have invested time into the site and aren't just here for cyber kicks and trolling for friends.

5. Read between the lines when you see a profile. Does this sound like a real person, or more like a stereotyped two-dimensional sex-bot who proclaims themselves a nympho fuckslut with unrealistic (daily) sexual adventures. Most real women will not want to present themselves this way, even if they are super kinky - and they will probably have some standards, even on the internet.


*** Don't get too bent out of shape about who is real and fake. Develop some basic "internet smarts" and talk to people based on how much you enjoy the convo. If it isn't your style, then move along to the next person. Chances are, this site is going to be the extent of your interactions with them, so as long as you're entertained here, then it's all good.


That is very well put and thank you very much for it! I'm not here however to analyze a profile. If you lie well.. your bad! I thought the whole thing to be behind a monitor is that you can feed and express yourself in a way that most of us cannot with friends or coworkers. That is a great escape. It would be incredibly well (but impossible) if everyone here would be real.

The percentage? well I cannot come up. I was just here to read stories (a bit disappointed) it's been very short time that I have been interacting with peoples. I'm leaning toward a high percentage of fake profiles. A few that are real makes this site well worth visiting.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
chgolf
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:44:30 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/6/2012
Posts: 1,706
Location: United Kingdom
ArtMan wrote:
I thought this was going to be about boob jobs and penis enlargements.


Lol
chgolf
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:52:29 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/6/2012
Posts: 1,706
Location: United Kingdom
@Dancing_Doll ..........some really great points there! thank you
Michael
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:07:10 PM

Rank: Author

Joined: 10/22/2011
Posts: 2,005
Location: Expat in, Russia
I am sure the percentage is quite high, but it really doesn't matter if they use the image of someone famous to represent themselves here,
as long as they don't claim it is them. We all have a right to privacy.
Dudealicious freely admits to not being Colin, Sprite does not live in Disneyland (I think); and all this is fine, they are not lying to us and we love their characterizations.


But I find it insulting and condescending when someone post stolen photos of a porn star,
insist that the photos are really them and expects that everyone is stupid enough to believe them.
Okay, I don't really get angry but I must admit to laughing at them. So, if they don't mind knowing that others are laughing, well then it does seem rather foolish.

Yes, Tineye works and is a right click add-on for Firefox. Google Image will do the same thing by simply dropping an image on the search bar.






jerseylynn
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:41:54 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 1,391
Location: around and about Hell, United States
I love my av's i can change them up and use what photo i'm in the mood for. I've not claimed any to be me as well...let's face it...sooooooo not me. It's fun to post pics that represent moods as well. I don't have a clear pic of me because of my job mostly and for me that's ok.

Applause Applauds clapping DD Very well written and stated. AMEN!!!! Really people, if they look to good to be true...it probl is. In a course of a day.. How many models do you meet or see on the street. No different here..open your eyes or don't be pissed when YOUR reality isn't their reality....just sayin...

No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy -unless you let him.
- Napoleon Hill
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:09:39 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,425
Every pic and scrap of info on my profile is 100% true. I look at it like the odds of me actually meeting any of you are small so why hide anything. The only thing that isn't me is my av but it represents a big part of who I am.

as for anyone else I don't really care as long as they treat me with respect when/if I talk to them
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.