Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Coming Middle-Class Anarchy Options · View
ArtMan
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 7:40:26 PM

Jimmy Carter was a Democrat and it was his own party, the Democrats that opposed him the most. He was not one of their big government Washington D.C. insiders and they wanted him out. It took them 12 years to get another Democrat in the White House and what did they do to get there? They had to find another southern governor non-Washington insider moderate much like Carter. His name was Clinton. Maybe they should have backed Carter when they had the chance.

Without a healthy strong middle class, America is doomed for collapse. A strong growing middle class does more to end poverty and create new millionaires and a vibrant economy than anything. Currently the middle class is in collapse and under attack from the left and the right.

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Buz
Posted: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:59:11 AM

A great middle class is the economic reflection of a society. No doubt the middle class is in decline and the poverty class is growing in the USA. This is due in part to having two terrible presidents, Bush and Obama, in consecutive order. One was an economic crook and the other one is an economic moron and possibly they are both interchangeable in those aspects..

WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:21:22 PM

This Bloomberg article is all about the poor, underpaid working class of Wall Street. We need to pass the hat and donate $'s to help keep them @ the level of comfort to which they are deserving.

“People who don’t have money don’t understand the stress,” said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. “Could you imagine what it’s like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?”

Did our astronomers discover a new planet where these people live?

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:23:59 PM

It is quite obvious that some new direction needs to be taken and no one in power seems to have a clue what it is.
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:55:30 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
This Bloomberg article is all about the poor, underpaid working class of Wall Street. We need to pass the hat and donate $'s to help keep them @ the level of comfort to which they are deserving.

“People who don’t have money don’t understand the stress,” said Alan Dlugash, a partner at accounting firm Marks Paneth & Shron LLP in New York who specializes in financial planning for the wealthy. “Could you imagine what it’s like to say I got three kids in private school, I have to think about pulling them out? How do you do that?”

Did our astronomers discover a new planet where these people live?

Evidently so. It reminds me of a few years back when they were voting on whether or not to give, was it congress a raise. One man said that he had two houses and a kid in college so he really needed a raise. Whistle
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:21:57 PM

When you have bro's throwing bachelor parties in Ibiza, and you're unable to attend because your equity incentive pay is so far out of the money that you're starting to wonder if that distressed rental prop you recently bought in the Midwest is causing you a liquidity crunch that is going to seriously mess with your game, well, that is PAIN.
beowulf69
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:23:07 PM

Damn! The middle class is going to disintegrate before I can work my way into it. With any luck maybe I can skip it and go straight from being poor into the denigrated 1%. laughing3

My first story for Lush is posted, The Goodbye Fuck.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/the-goodbye-fuck.aspx
CharlotteRusse1
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:34:06 PM

There's an interesting article that studies wealth vs. compassion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/22/rich-people-lack-empathy_n_1165425.html

Since the only people that have the resources to run for high office are now the very rich or friends of the very rich, we have a growing empathy gap at the highest levels in politics.

That may explain why Mitt Romney thinks it's o.k. that he pays only 15% in capital gains taxes, and why CEOs feel entitled to golden parachutes when their companies fail. It doesn't explain why the working class T-partiers want to blame all their problems on the working poor who don't pay federal taxes (because they barely make enough money to feed and clothe themselves and have an Earned Income Tax Credit) instead of those who are too rich to pay federal taxes (due to Cayman Island tax shelters). That still puzzles me.

Writer of amateur erotica since 2011..See the latest at:

beowulf69
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:42:08 PM

Actually if you have investments it does not matter what your income you only pay 15% for capitol gains tax. The deal with Romney is he does not have a job for income or he would be taxed higher. Wouldn't it be great though, to have enough invested that you can just kick back and live a great life off the interest and not have to work? I have had some kind of job ever since I was about 11 years old. Then it was washing cars for old people in my neighborhood.
And yes Romney and all those politicians are way out of touch. Romney said he likes NASCAR because he knows the team owners. Okay? Even Obama is out of touch, he's been living the sweet life pretty much since he graduated Columbia Law school. Can you imagine all those perks Senators and Congressman get that no one knows about?

My first story for Lush is posted, The Goodbye Fuck.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/the-goodbye-fuck.aspx
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:16:50 AM

beowulf69 wrote:
Actually if you have investments it does not matter what your income you only pay 15% for capitol gains tax. The deal with Romney is he does not have a job for income or he would be taxed higher. Wouldn't it be great though, to have enough invested that you can just kick back and live a great life off the interest and not have to work? I have had some kind of job ever since I was about 11 years old. Then it was washing cars for old people in my neighborhood.
And yes Romney and all those politicians are way out of touch. Romney said he likes NASCAR because he knows the team owners. Okay? Even Obama is out of touch, he's been living the sweet life pretty much since he graduated Columbia Law school. Can you imagine all those perks Senators and Congressman get that no one knows about?

Good point.
What sealed it with me about Romney being out of touch was when a reporter asked how much he made in speaking engagements last year and he said not much. "I think it was around 300k" That's not much? How can he empathize with a nation in trouble if he thinks that three hundred thousand dollars is "not much"?
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:42:54 AM

I think a middle-class anarchy is just what our country needs. But I fear it won't happen. And the powers that be know it won't happen. The middle-class is very diverse. Full of black, white, asian, hispanic, gay, straight, Pro-Choice, Pro-Life, left, right, Democrat, Republican. Our Politicians are so good with slight-of-hand, keeping the masses at each other's throats with non-essential topics in order to keep them/us from coming together for change.

America, don't mind us policitians robbing you blind, stealing your rights and priviledges, and stealing the future from your children. Look over here at the shiny new controversy about burned Qurans, birth control, gay marriage, national healthcare. Yes that's it our little minions, keep arguing. More divisiveness.

Uh oh, someone is nearing the truth.... look here "God hates fags" "Obamacare is going to kill old people"

It's all a fucking ruse.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:47:11 AM

chefkathleen wrote:
How can he empathize with a nation in trouble if he thinks that three hundred thousand dollars is "not much"?

Surely you and others of our general age/peer group...remember this telling tidbit of news from the early 1990s.

Obama has so far not been a totally empty suit...he sure as hell wasn't given jack shit to work with when he inherited the job, but Romney (or any GOPer) is a sure fire return to the escalation of the end - ASAP.

Incidentally, now that the market has recouped...I expect to see it crash again around October...the commercial real estate bottom needs to collapse yet.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 1:35:56 PM

sugarbabe
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 2:52:59 PM

It affects all of us....

sex is like a joke...it's only good if you get it

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2012 2:58:28 PM

It isn't enough that for the last dozen years, the 'allowed locations' for public political protest...have often been situated hundreds to thousands of meters away from any location where a political foe would be associated with the protest(s). Now this...

Chipping Away At The First Amendment: New 'Trespassing' Bill Could Be Used To Criminalize Legitimate Protests

There's some buzz building online about the "Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011" (or HR 347), which has been positioned as a simple updating of trespassing laws concerning federal grounds. However, as some are pointing out, hidden in there is quite the Easter egg that effectively outlaws protests near people who are "authorized" to be protected by the Secret Service (mainly the President and Vice President, but it could include a lot more as well).

WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, March 06, 2012 11:10:04 PM

The onslaught continues - thanks to 9/11/2001 and The Patriot Act...the 1st moves to put us under the thumb.

Goodbye, First Amendment: ‘Trespass Bill’ will make protest illegal !

Just when you thought the government couldn’t ruin the First Amendment any further: The House of Representatives approved a bill on Monday that outlaws protests in instances where some government officials are nearby, whether or not you even know it.

The US House of Representatives voted 388-to-3 in favor of H.R. 347 late Monday, a bill which is being dubbed the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act of 2011. In the bill, Congress officially makes it illegal to trespass on the grounds of the White House, which, on the surface, seems not just harmless and necessary, but somewhat shocking that such a rule isn’t already on the books. The wording in the bill, however, extends to allow the government to go after much more than tourists that transverse the wrought iron White House fence.

Under the act, the government is also given the power to bring charges against Americans engaged in political protest anywhere in the country.

<continued reading above>

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 11:54:43 AM

Every Super Bowl in America, since 9/11...has been designated an NSEE. National Special Security Event.

Tea Party or OWS or hell... any of us who might think about joining any form of public protest, anywhere.

Let’s start by recalling that political speech—of the sort you might direct toward Newt Gingrich or Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, both of whom merit Secret Service protection—is what the First Amendment most jealously protects. Demonstrators can almost never be muzzled based on what it is they want to say.

The First Amendment also has a special solicitude for speech in what are called traditional public fora. There is a presumed right of access to streets, sidewalks, and public parks for the purpose of engaging in political discussion and protest.

And while the government can always impose reasonable limits on demonstrations to ensure public order, that power comes with a caveat: It must never be used to throttle unpopular opinion or to discriminate against disfavored speakers.

Kiss that goodbye.

DLizze
Posted: Monday, May 07, 2012 9:01:56 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

Kiss that goodbye.

This is not new. It merely makes legal what law enforcement has been doing illegally ever since the famed Pullman strike.

The brevity of collective public memory never ceases to amaze me.

As to the possibility of a middle-class uprising or anarchy, don't hold your breath. SO long as people still think they have something to lose, they will do whatever they think they need to to hold onto it. The uprising, when it comes, and it surely will, if the economy continues in its current pattern, will come from those who have nothing left to lose. And "the revolution will not be televised."

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 5:48:17 AM

DLizze wrote:
This is not new. It merely makes legal what law enforcement has been doing illegally ever since the famed Pullman strike.
And "the revolution will not be televised."

There will be some 'network glitches' or phantom underwater broadband fiber links cut (as happened off the African coast a few years back). CNN, MSNBC & FOX (in the US) & other 24x7 'news' networks around the globe - will pretend that nothing is occurring in whichever city or location the shit is hitting the fan. We won't see much of whatever may be taking place. We may hear a little bit about 'it', but there will be a lot of confusion for those who do catch wind and for the rest of us who aren't plugged in, if there's nothing going on around us in our own little corner of the real world - chances are high we won't even believe anything is happening.

The Official List of Words - which will bring your social networking website into the gaping maw of Carnivore/Echelon.

Australian Government Dept of Defense. 'We operate in the slim area between the difficult & the impossible.' evil4

The United Kingdoms official internet snooper program.