Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Proposals Options · View
clum
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:07:12 AM

[I toyed with putting this in the Relationships section, but decided against it. If someone disagrees with my decision and has the power to do so, feel free to move it.]

Fairly open topic: tell us what you think about marriage proposals.

How would you like to be proposed to? How have you proposed in the past? What are the worst ways to propose?

Ideal locations? In a crowd (strangers or friends/family) or in private? Four simple words or a love poem? On bended knee?

Should women propose to men? Should there always be a ring? Thoughts on seeking the father's permission first?

Well, what do you think?

Every day is a school day.
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:15:52 AM

Whatever you do, don't wait too long to do it. I think most women want to know they aren't wasting their time with you. They need to be reassured that you're serious and aren't waiting for something better.

I think the way you propose doesn't matter all that much unless you ask while taking a shit or something extremely lame like that. I don't know many women that would get influenced to say no because the way you asked wasn't exactly the way she wanted you to. And if she does well then maybe you're dodging a bullet.

Dudealicious
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:33:36 AM

To answer your question have I done it - yes...I thought it was prefectly planned and then it decided to fuckin rain that day so I improvised and made it happen that day (no where close to what I had planned)

I am lucky to have a woman in my life that I want to spend the rest of my life with and have a completely different proposal planned from my first.

I think it depends on your significant other and their personality..Like Felix said, don't hesitate and be like Nike and..."Just do it!"

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:33:04 PM

clum wrote:
[I toyed with putting this in the Relationships section, but decided against it. If someone disagrees with my decision and has the power to do so, feel free to move it.]

How would you like to be proposed to? How have you proposed in the past? What are the worst ways to propose?

Ideal locations? In a crowd (strangers or friends/family) or in private? Four simple words or a love poem? On bended knee?

Should women propose to men? Should there always be a ring? Thoughts on seeking the father's permission first?

Well, what do you think?

Good question Clum. I hope you get a lot of answers.
Buz
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:01:02 PM

I proposed and she said yes. We went to an Italian restaurant we frequent that has very private booths. It was a Friday night. I did not want to do it at some real super expensive posh place because that would have given it away. I had the ring. I actually first started saving for one years ago before we broke up the first time, kept the account open and eventually had quite a lot of money in it as I kept adding to it. I had the ring in the box. After dinner I just put the little ring box on the table and said something like, "This is for you why don't you open that?" Her inhale almost sucked the glass out of the window. She picked it up opened it and screamed, jumped up and grabbed me yelling, "Yes! yes! yes!" Then she cried.

She wanted to call and text all of her friends that night but I would not let her because we were going to see them all in the morning to go tailgate in Athens and go to the Georgia Bulldogs football game. We did have to go to her parents after dinner and show them. She showed the ring to all of our friends the next day at the tailgate party. I had to get hugs from a few dozen people. And there were so many toasts that i was staggering by game time.

It was something that our friends had been expecting to happen for years, even though we broke up a few times.

People should just do what they feel is natural for them as for as a proposal.

Kornpopper
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:08:57 PM

Marriage to me isn't one of those "must do" things in life. I personally believe true love is not made from and extends past a piece of paper and a ring. With that being said I am all for marriage. As a man I do not care if the woman decides to ask or not. One or the other has to ask so who cares who it is. If I had to propose then I would like the permission of her family.(call me old fashioned) I prefer not to enter into a family that does not approve of me.

As for what I would do I would set aside an entire day of events that remind her of our love before I shower her with affection and ask those magical words.

I have never proposed to anyone as of yet.(still waiting to find that special one)
The ring to me ins't as neccessary as proclaiming your love, which should be sufficient enough.
Ideal location would be in a romantic setting surrounded by friends and family.
To each their own whether on bended knee or not.

As for the worst proposals, here are my top ten:

Being pressured after finding out she's pregnant.
Sending her a video tape of the proposal along with the ring and not doing it in person.
At a heavy metal concert where neither of you can hear the other.
While floating on a piece of wood in the middle of the ocean after your ship sank.
While watching a sports game and then asking her to get you another beer.
In the middle of having sex. (Never a good idea)
Correspondense via mail because one or both of you is in prison.
Asking just so you can get laid, then retracting the proposal after.
After walking in on her as she is doing the "landscaping".
While being chased by the cops or her father.

The decisions we make dictate the life we have.
Follow your dreams, for those that do not will only try to discourage others.
Buz
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:53:27 PM

Yahtzee you should sell your story or write a script for a Lifetime TV story....

Very interesting and intriguing.

I don't understand the stalkers. I guess the male stalkers are more physically dangerous usually. But the female stalkers are bad too. Why can't they take NO for an answer and move on?

clum
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 6:51:18 AM

Bump.

Buz
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 8:41:45 AM

Callum I guess I really didn't post any answers to your questions so I am taking my best shot...

How would you like to be proposed to? I always thought as a guy I should do this myself, but really that doesn't matter, if someone really loves someone else and thinks that they are their lifelong match just go for it in whatever way feels best.

How have you proposed in the past? Yes, once.

What are the worst ways to propose? In public. Especially at sporting events in front of a large crowd or using banners pulled by airplanes over large stadiums.

Ideal locations? In a crowd (strangers or friends/family) or in private? Four simple words or a love poem? On bended knee? Not in the crowd...in private or semi-private setting. Nothing at all wrong with a poem. Bended knee seems like a good idea (though I didn't do that.)

Should women propose to men? Sure!

Should there always be a ring? I did, it makes it seem more genuine. But whatever.

Thoughts on seeking the father's permission first? No. (though her dad was very pleased, I just feel that this is not necessary in the 21st century.)

Well, what do you think? As Bugs Bunny says, "That's all folks!"

clum
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:30:51 AM

fish

Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:17:58 AM

clum wrote:

Well, what do you think?

Statistics show that the more thought and effort put into a proposal AND the wedding, the longer and more successful the marriage will be, but I think that's just a correlation. A couple who is already dedicated and willing enough to get married while diving in Fiji dressed like clowns.... they're dedicated enough to make the marriage work.

In these times, I don't think it would be unusual for a woman to propose. The ring is a symbol, I don't think it's necessary, but proposing and then marrying without would be like planting a flagpole on a mountain with no flag, don't you think?

And now to the point that I really wanted to make. The father. Do you really need his permission? People think that's old-fashioned. It is, if you're having an arranged marriage. No, what you seek, if you're a man seeking to marry a woman and you want to do things "properly", is her father's Blessing, not permission. If you love each other, you're going to get married no matter what the father says. Getting the blessing just shows that you've taken the time to get to know her family enough that when you're ready to propose a life together, you can go to the other most important man in her life and talk to him, and he trusts you enough to take his baby away and take care of her, protect her, love her, and give her what she needs to have a long and happy life. If you really love her and want to do all those things, by all means, seek that blessing from her father. You get it, you'll be showing her father, her entire family, and most importantly the woman herself that you want to do things right and are willing to work at it, which is important in a lifetime commitment. But do not try to get his permission. That just tells him (and her) you're not standing firmly for what you believe, for what you love, you're a little orphan in rags asking for more.

My 2 cents
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:52:46 AM

If I was ever to propose I'd just do it randomly, perhaps whilst watching TV and say something along the lines of "wanna marry me?" I'd probably get a slap, but it'd be worth it.
latinfoxy
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:31:07 AM

I think a well thought marriage proposal shows how much you love the person. It doesnt have to be a big over the top proposal, but it has to be meaningfull for both of you, maybe in a special place or on a speacial date, something that says i put a little thought on this.

I´ve got one marriage proposal, it was for the wrong reasons (He was insecure about me been more succesfull on my work than him, and he thought that getting married i would slow down and be more of a housewife than a business owner. That shows you how little he really knew me) and he did it in the worst posible time (We were fighting yet again, about me working to much, he took the ring out of his pocket and said here would you marry me?) angry7 I dont think i need to say what my answer was.

Now if you ask me what would it be my dream proposal? http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst23584_Cutest-marriage-proposal-ever.aspx love7
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:45:36 AM

Marriage proposals should be avoided at all costs!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 10:53:30 AM

lafayettemister wrote:
Marriage proposals should be avoided at all costs!

unless you find the perfect woman love7

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:08:52 AM

sprite wrote:

unless you find the perfect woman love7

The perfect woman?

Super smart
Great sense of humor
Spectacular rack
Tight pussy
Loves taking it up the ass
Champion cock sucker
and most of all... MUTE

She doesn't exist.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:13:30 AM

lafayettemister wrote:

The perfect woman?

Super smart
Great sense of humor
Spectacular rack
Tight pussy
Champion cock sucker
and most of all... MUTE

She doesn't exist.

her name is Kate and she's eloquent as opposed to mute and her oral skills are unsurpassed, although she tends to apply them to pussy rather than cock. Oh, i should mention she's tough and funny and sexy too.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2012 1:16:34 PM

lafayettemister wrote:

The perfect woman?

Super smart
Great sense of humor
Spectacular rack
Tight pussy
Champion cock sucker
and most of all... MUTE

She doesn't exist.

But if she's mute, how can she speak to you? If she can't speak, how can you have a heated argument? If you can't have a heated argument, how can you have mind-blowing, multi-orgasmic, earth-shattering make-up sex?
PlayfulPyper
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 10:14:18 PM

Marriage and marriage proposals are over rated. Have no desire ever.