Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Planned Parenthood supporters are going bonkers vs Komen Options · View
LadyX
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 1:11:01 PM

Am I supposed to be outraged at context-free quotes from a book, or talking-head commentary snippets referencing race politics in 2008?

If your point is that neither side's hands are clean, I think we're all there already. But the nastiness and the bigotry is decidedly lopsided to the right.
MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 1:18:20 PM

I will strongly disagree that bigotry is more one sided to the right. I feel that the extreme right does exhibit a lot of bigotry but I also feel very strongly that the extreme left matches their bigotry step for step.
lafayettemister
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 1:27:37 PM

I'd also say that ANY bigotry from either side taints whatever message they're trying to get across.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
LadyX
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 1:29:16 PM

lafayettemister wrote:
I'd also say that ANY bigotry from either side taints whatever message they're trying to get across.

True that.
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2012 4:55:44 PM

I am so GD sick and tired of how politics are in this country. I hate the mud slinging and hate mongering that goes on. In print, on the radio and television. It makes me not want to vote for any of the assholes. Whatever happened to integrity, dignity and manners? I wouldn't hire any of them to mow my damn lawn. They might steal the grass.
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 8:40:21 AM

And this will be the ugliest election yet. :(
MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:18:10 PM

A male that feels that they can intimidate a female member on here on Lush by sending her unwelcome and unsolicited personal messages and then gets RUDE because she disagrees is a very small man, small mind and probably small in other places too!

lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:57:24 PM

MissyLuvsYa wrote:
A male that feels that they can intimidate a female member on here on Lush by sending her unwelcome and unsolicited personal messages and then gets RUDE because she disagrees is a very small man, small mind and probably small in other places too!

Sorry to hear you've been targeted. Hang in there my friend.

Buz
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 2:28:48 PM

MissyLuvsYa wrote:

You have a lot of friends Missy! And we'll be there for you!

Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 5:26:24 PM

MissyLuvsYa wrote:

If your block feature is not working you might want to use the contact us button on the front page. You can also report him the same way.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 7:46:38 PM

I can't believe that this news hasn't shown up here yet...

Quote:
A high-ranking official at the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation has resigned amid fallout from the charity's move, since reversed, to halt funding for breast cancer screening by Planned Parenthood.

Karen Handel, a former Republican candidate for governor in Georgia, resigned her job, effective immediately, as senior vice president for public policy. The Associated Press first reported the move. The Komen foundation confirmed the report in an email to Shots.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution posted a copy of Handel's resignation letter. In it, Handel wrote that the decision to "exit the controversy surrounding Planned Parenthood and its grants was fully vetted by every appropriate level within the organization." And, she wrote, "No objections were made to moving forward."

Link to Ms. Handel's resignation letter.

Buz
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:55:50 AM

Hey Mr. Nudie,
Yea that Karen Handel ran for governor of Georgia. She had great poll numbers at the beginning and then she ran one of the most vicious aggressive negative attack campaigns I have ever seen by a political candidate. It backfired on her and her opponent came from way down to beat her in the Republican primary. I actually kind of liked her at first (just to have a viable female candidate I thought) but not far into the campaign I had ended up despising her. She came across as the meanest person you could ever imagine. I think her political views are decided only by what some focus group tells her is popular because she has been all over the place in her political career. Typical politician, they have no real ethics, morals or views. They just pick a side that they believe will get them elected depending upon their voting district or whatever.

These charity groups don't need to be run by politicians but by people who love the mission and serving. Hopefully Komen will put someone better in place and just focus on coming up with better treatments and a cure for breast cancer.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:27:33 AM

LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:28:12 AM

LOL

Applause
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:22:49 AM

Georgia Democrats Seek Vasectomy Ban In Response To Abortion Bill

It's about gawddamned time!

The proposed legislation is a response to HB 954, a bill sponsored by Republican Doug McKillips that seeks to ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

A group of female Democratic legislators in the Georgia House of Representatives has proposed a bill that would ban men from seeking vasectomies.

"Thousands of children are deprived of birth in this state every year because of the lack of state regulation over vasectomies," said bill author Yasmin Neal in a statement. "It is patently unfair that men can avoid unwanted fatherhood by presuming that their judgment over such matters is more valid than the judgment of the General Assembly, while women's ability to decide is constantly up for debate throughout the United States."

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
ArtMan
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:21:26 AM

Someone is always trying to force their views on other people. Too many laws, too much government, too many busybodies, not enough FREEDOM OF CHOICE!

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 12:58:43 PM

Good! No vasectomy after the age of 35 for men. If they screw around and get someone pregnant then they have to have full custody of the child after it's born. From day 1 forward while the woman gets back into shape, finds and gets a job,(or goes back to work) stops for beers with the girls after work to show pictures of her kid and get a lot of atta-girl slaps on the back from her friends. If they're living together, when she comes home from work she can coochiecoo the baby and then sit on her ass and wait for food.
In the meantime he gets to feed, clean, nurture and then figure out babysitting/daycare for what he brought forth.
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:38:02 PM

chefkathleen wrote:
Good! No vasectomy after the age of 35 for men. If they screw around and get someone pregnant then they have to have full custody of the child after it's born. From day 1 forward while the woman gets back into shape, finds and gets a job,(or goes back to work) stops for beers with the girls after work to show pictures of her kid and get a lot of atta-girl slaps on the back from her friends. If they're living together, when she comes home from work she can coochiecoo the baby and then sit on her ass and wait for food.
In the meantime he gets to feed, clean, nurture and then figure out babysitting/daycare for what he brought forth.

Just to make my sentiments clear, they couldn't make a 'like' button big enough for ChefK's comment there. If it weren't such a screen-hog, I'd have posted a youtube video of the Halleluhah Chorus too!

Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:32:57 PM

My lady hat slips askew sometimes. Could you tell that touched a nerve?angry7
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:44:14 PM

chefkathleen wrote:
My lady hat slips askew sometimes. Could you tell that touched a nerve?angry7

I can tell that I was right about both of you, almost 2 years ago.

And you both know what of I sayeth (cuz I told you both the same thing).

6 You have more in common than you don't have in common. I didn't suggest adoption or mentoring or idol worship either.

I am just too fcking good. Where is Rocco at to congratulate me when I deserve it?

Oh, I remember now...

He left with his panties in a twist because of something someone said about him being a ... you know. That which shall not be said!

evil4
drunken

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:27:00 PM

"Sting" by anti-abortion group showing Planned Parenthood supports abortion based on gender. Hard to look past the people who carried out the "sting", but if this holds true, is it shocking? We'd blast China for doing it, right? Although it's said that in China that babies are killed after they are born and are girls.

Planned Parenthood and gender based abortion

A quote from the article

"This spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood Federation of America also told The Huffington Post that the organization condemns seeking abortions on the basis of gender, but its policy is to provide “high quality, confidential, nonjudgmental care to all who come into” its health centers. That means that no Planned Parenthood clinic will deny a woman an abortion based on her reasons for wanting one, except in those states that explicitly prohibit sex-selective abortions (Arizona, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Illinois)."

Can an organization condemn something while still doing what they say they condemn?

Is gender a suitable reason?

LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:13:00 PM

While I personally can't imagine aborting a fetus based on gender, it certainly should never made illegal. "I made a choice" is all the justification that should ever be needed. Anything more is a blatant breach of a woman's right to privacy.

As far as Planned Parenthood not flinching when a patient/client mentions their wish to abort based on gender...I agree that it would be more palatable if the PP employee suggested other options upon hearing this from a prospective mother. But it's not PP's place to make moralistic judgments and browbeat their clientele over the head with them. A history of women being judged on their predicaments in society at large is a big reason why PP is such an important organization.

In short, a woman's body is her business, and PP is there as an advocate for her wishes, within the extents of what's legal and safe. I'd hope that all options would be discussed, though, regardless of the motivations that the woman divulges. For all we know, that happened, and this group of zealots chose to edit that portion out.

lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:27:46 PM

I agree, partly. It would be impossible to enforce. If it were illegal, then a woman would never actually SAY she was aborting because of the gender of the baby. The bigger issue is timing. To know the gender of a baby it has to be, what? Twenty weeks into pregnancy? At that point, I'm a little less comfortable with a choice being made to terminate a healthy baby for most any reason. Gender bias would be far down the list.

The long term ramifications of selective birth/abortion based solely on wants/desires of a baby would be bad. It would be like aborting because a kid had blond hair instead of brown. As science gets even better over the years we'll be able to know everything about a kid before it's ever born. Hair color, eye color, probably height/weight. I support a woman's choice to give birth, but "choice" can't used as a shield to allow whimical, non-medical, non-financial burden type causes. At 20+ weeks, if the baby is healthy, aborting seems unnecessary.

LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:32:12 PM

lafayettemister wrote:
I support a woman's choice to give birth, but "choice" can't used as a shield to allow whimical, non-medical, non-financial burden type causes. At 20+ weeks, if the baby is healthy, aborting seems unnecessary.

But that's the thing: choice is choice is choice. The reasons are irrelevant, within the hotly debatable legal timeframe for abortions. To pry and insist on a woman to offer justification, even if she figures out how to mislead with her answers to get what she wants, is a breach of her privacy.
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:40:02 PM

LadyX wrote:

But that's the thing: choice is choice is choice. The reasons are irrelevant, within the hotly debatable legal timeframe for abortions. To pry and insist on a woman to offer justification, even if she figures out how to mislead with her answers to get what she wants, is a breach of her privacy.

I'm not necessarily saying it should or could be legally mandated. But if a person decides they are willing and able to have a child, fully intending to raise the child, only to back out of the deal later after learning the kid isn't "right" for whatever reason... that makes them a shitty person.

If there are no medical conditions that would put mother and/or child in danger, why not deliver the child and put up for adoption? I'm not talking about the normal reasons for abortion. This is a willing participant in pregnancy. No trauma during conception, no medical dangers from childbirth. At what point during the nine month gestation is it too late to choose to end it?

Government makes choices for us in all facets of life. I can choose to drive without a seatbelt, but it's illegal. I can choose to take a piss on a sidewalk, but it's illegal. Choice doesn't negate responsibility.