Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Just throwing it out there...do you think I'm ugly? Options · View
Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:09:50 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,130
I'm having a hard time believing people say i look good. I was raised by a mean man that belittled me alot and the girls in high school gave me alot of shit. idk i just got dumped today and i just dont know if i got what it takes to get another girl to notice me.
Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:24:50 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,130
I think you look pretty good. evil4 Wasn't meant to be. It's not your looks. Were you just not compatible?
Shylass
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:26:28 PM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,591
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
"Look good" means different things to different people.

Often I see beauty and good looks where other people don't. When I point out things to friends about a person that I find is lovely to look at, they often see it, but only after I have mentioned it. Quite often, they point out people they find sexually attractive, and I'm all, "Really!?"

I would not say you are the kind of person whose picture is used in Walmart shopper compilations of the more unusual-looking people, so if you mean, do I think your face is more attractive than them, then yes.

But to me, a person looks good when they look me in the eye and smile a real smile.

I was bullied throughout my entire childhood, and believe myself to be extremely unattractive. Friends and family tell me they think I am beautiful and have a lovely smile, but can I believe them? No. I won't go into why that is, but the point is, they say those things because they think they mean them. In my head, I say that they say them because they have a sense of loyalty to me for some reason.

But the fact of the matter is, just as I see beauty and good looks in people for various reasons, perhaps they see beauty and good looks in me because they know me.

You might not be model-in-a-magazine material in some peoples' eyes, but you are in others. Some say you cannot be attractive to anybody unless you can be attractive to yourself. That's utter crap. It's the same as saying you cannot be loved by anybody unless you love yourself. But if that were true, my mum wouldn't love me (okay, she sort of has to, but I know what I mean).

You have just been through a horrible, horrible time, and still are, obviously, and it will take time to heal from it. Yes, you DO have what it takes for another girl to notice you, but it takes time, because what attracts some of us lasses is not what you face is like, but the expressions your face shows us is in your heart. Some people will laugh at me saying that, but we aren't all about initial appearances and whether your face has a wow factor.

An eye contact smile has a wow factor for me. Try that when you are ready. Being dumped is awful and hurtful and crap, but when you heal from it, please don't be afraid to try to learn to be comfortable with those who tell you that you look good. Because to them, you DO. Write them down! Read them when you feel crap! You might not believe them, but people said those things to you. And unless you want to call them liars, then there must be a grain of truth to it.

And if you were with a girl once, you can be with a girl again. And the hope is that she is the right one. Good luck! Sorry for waffling!


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Emimeni
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:32:58 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/24/2011
Posts: 66
Location: United States
My opinion isn't going to help you any. What do you think?

From,
Emimeni
VanGogh
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:35:56 PM

Rank: Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado

Joined: 2/10/2012
Posts: 2,752
Location: Vancouver, Canada
chefkathleen wrote:
I think you look pretty good. Wasn't meant to be. It's not your looks. Were you just not compatible?


I believe CK is spot on here. We all have relationships that don't work out, for one reason or another. We learn, we change what we are looking for, we learn tolerance, etc. It's life.

For me, it's not about the looks, it's all about the connection, the chemistry, and the compatibility.

Have some fun ... experience life!

And a wonderful person is looking for you too!



For the Anal Lovers .... come enjoy my RR honoured An Alluring Ass

Another Sex in the Office Poem (I know you love those!!) In Your Office

* * * * * *
"The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play." - Arnold J. Toynbee
“Everything you can imagine is real.” - Pablo Picasso
Lisa
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:46:50 PM

Rank: Moderator

Joined: 3/3/2009
Posts: 5,070
Location: Victoria, Australia
Your girlfriend was attracted enough to you that she wanted to be in a relationship with you. I doubt the breakup had anything to do with your looks. If you can attract one girl you can attract another one.

I think people change quite a bit during their twenties. I know I did. You grow up and sometimes start to want different things. Try not to take it personally. Just because one girl has chosen to move on it doesn't mean no girl will want to be with you.
clum
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:51:10 PM

Rank: Clumeleon

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 3,711
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Through my teen years, I felt really shitty about the way I looked (more my body than my face). I made light of it and acted like it didn't bother me so much and that worked pretty well in most respects. I had superb confidence in every aspect of my life... except my love life.

I turned to my religion to help me find love and it worked. Since then I have been made to feel like I am truly beautiful, inside and out.

I hope that one day you will find someone or something that will make you feel like you are beautiful.

(And, for what it's worth, I don't think you're unattractive).

(Also, I feel justified answering here due to my often excessive femininity).

The lion is most lionlike when he roars.
anonymous1526
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:55:16 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/9/2010
Posts: 253
Location: ;)
your a cutey, fix up, get some new clothes and have confidence and believe in yourself!

Everything happens for a reason. Live for the moment and have no regrets.
Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 5:57:08 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,130
thanks every one for the replays so far. your word are very kind thanks
Magical_felix
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:08:58 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,536
Location: California
clum wrote:


I hope that one day you will find someone or something that will make you feel like you are beautiful.

(And, for what it's worth, I don't think you're unattractive).



laughing8

.......To pinstate. Look man, by what you say that this man who raised you belittled you and the girls gave you a lot of shit I think you just lack confidence a bit and you realize that. On a day like today when your filly gallopped off with a stallion this self esteem issue is gonna feel overwhelming. Of course you feel like you can't get another piece ever. Just be a man and suck it up. Go about your day doing shit the best you can. Give females you like attention. Do nice shit for them. Make them laugh. Something will happen.

Also posting this on lush will do nothing. To be really honest, I laughed... It will do nothing because no girl is going to come in here and say you're ugly. They will all say you're attractive or that you need to let your inner beauty shine like the star you are or some bologna... That's why the responses won't matter.

Just be a man. Give attention to girls.





Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:14:00 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,130
I think you're adorable and I'm coming over with the glue to repair your self -esteem.
winky
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 6:40:02 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/5/2011
Posts: 338
Location: tanning on the beach
if being complimented on a online sexsite where anyone will "cyber sex you" makes you feel better about your self then OMG YOUR SO HOT OMG.

but really if you are feeling down.. go out with your friends and dont dwell on the shit things in life. get your mind off things. stay active. lush will just bring you down.
just remember you life is not over. :) just go out and live life to the fullest.. i mean YOLO right haha
T_Elle
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 7:53:33 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/17/2012
Posts: 137
Location: Canada
I know that people have said that an online site like this is really not the best place for affirmation, and they're mostly right. None of us is going to say something negative to bring you down...

All the same, it takes a lot of courage, even here, to ask the question you did, and to me, you get big kudos for that. :)

When all I can see is your avatar, I'd have to say you're pretty cute! However, as much as it sounds like complete and utter bullshit, beauty really does come from within. And believe me, it's taken me my entire life to figure that out, because I was an ugly duckling for most of it. But one of the strongest sexual and personal connections I ever had in my life was with someone who was distantly older than me, and was in no way physically attractive. What hair he had was white, he was overweight, and barely taller than I was. However... he was probably the most charismatic person I've ever met, and he LOVED women. And women loved him right back.

When you interact with a woman, look in her eyes, are deeply interested in what she says, always redirect conversation back to her... that kind of unwavering attention is hard to resist.

Here are some questions for you: Do YOU only value physical appearance? Is a lack of physical perfection enough for you to end a good relationship?

Chin up, honey. It won't hurt forever. You do have lots to offer someone, and that someone is out there, looking for you. :) Best of luck! Lwinking
Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 8:02:59 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,130
I know you're asking the gals but here it is from my viewpoint: purely from your profile picture I'd say you were pretty attractive. It's the eyes, you have lovely deep eyes. In your bio you come across as a person who has moments of confidence -much like myself. As for the question "am I ugly?" it is my belief that if a person thinks ugly - if they are nasty to others or they just have a fowl temperament that is what makes them ugly, not their looks. I know it's a cliché and pretty standard advice to say "you'll find someone who loves you for you" but it is true. It may take months, maybe days, even decades or lifetimes (it's my spiritual belief that the same soul is used over and over again, just with different vessels and names to the vessels, but let's disregard this) but you will eventually find someone who loves you regardless of your "faults" as society would put it. I for one don't find you unattractive and neither does the woman sitting next to me.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 10:20:58 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 13,595
Location: My Tower, United States
Magical_felix wrote:


laughing8

.......To pinstate. Look man, by what you say that this man who raised you belittled you and the girls gave you a lot of shit I think you just lack confidence a bit and you realize that. On a day like today when your filly gallopped off with a stallion this self esteem issue is gonna feel overwhelming. Of course you feel like you can't get another piece ever. Just be a man and suck it up. Go about your day doing shit the best you can. Give females you like attention. Do nice shit for them. Make them laugh. Something will happen.

Also posting this on lush will do nothing. To be really honest, I laughed... It will do nothing because no girl is going to come in here and say you're ugly. They will all say you're attractive or that you need to let your inner beauty shine like the star you are or some bologna... That's why the responses won't matter.

Just be a man. Give attention to girls.

t
oo! my straight man! here it comes... MF! you're Ugleeeeeeeeeeee! *giggles* drunken kidding! the man is HOT. no, really! i've seen the photos! hotness!

as for the OP, you're a total cutie, no, seriously! what MF said make a lot of sense! for once! *giggles*
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 10:29:46 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 5,945
Location: In your dirty fantasies
Everyone feels ugly and 'not good enough' when they get dumped.

Don't worry.

You look fine. Trust me, I would tell you if you were hopeless or ugly. You're not.

Your ego is understandably shattered right now, but that will heal. Have some fun rebound sex, take a mini-vacay with your buddies, flirt and casually date, and just enjoy life. Summer is the best time of the year to be single, anyway.


EHEADED
Posted: Sunday, June 03, 2012 11:24:22 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/26/2010
Posts: 535
Location: Los Angeles & Las Vegas, United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:
Everyone feels ugly and 'not good enough' when they get dumped.

Don't worry.

You look fine. Trust me, I would tell you if you were hopeless or ugly. You're not.

Your ego is understandably shattered right now, but that will heal. Have some fun rebound sex, take a mini-vacay with your buddies, flirt and casually date, and just enjoy life. Summer is the best time of the year to be single, anyway.



I like that...Yeah what Dancing Doll said :) If your still not in the mood for fun rebound sex, or jump back into dating right now, Hey, I think a vacation particularly in another country with your buddies would be a great idea! :)
sexyeyes37
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 2:40:52 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/13/2012
Posts: 599
Location: United Kingdom
You look ok to me.Like some others,have said you will gain more confidence and learn that looks are not everything.

sexyeyes37
sweet80sarah
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 10:33:28 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 4/16/2012
Posts: 14
Location: United States
What I find most sexy in a man is one with irrational, unshakeable confidence, a passion for something and an ambition to do what he wants in life. The way he carries and presents himself, too. Hun, please don't validate (or invalidate) yourself on a sex story site forum! There's no reason at all why you should feel unattractive!
Nikki703
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 12:40:16 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,324
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Not at all. But you seem to lack self confidence. Dont worry about the fact that she dumped you. She was attracted enough to you to want you in the first place right? Just go get back in the saddle and have the ride of your life!!
FelineFantasy
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 10:17:20 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2011
Posts: 387
No, you're not ugly. But your confidence issue is not helping you at all either. As MF said, of course these people are going to tell you what you want to hear! Let me break this down into bite sized testosterone friendly pieces: 1) Fuck bitches. 2) Get money. 3) Repeat Steps 1 and 2 infinitely.

Click > here < to read my first feature story, Techno Aphrodite by Piquet!
naughtynurse
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 11:42:08 PM

Rank: Head Nurse

Joined: 4/15/2011
Posts: 6,431
Location: Soaking up the sun, United States
Everybody has something they like; everybody has something they don't. You will find some girls(and guys) will find you attractive while others are going to think you're not their cup of tea. Go with it. Find the ones who are interested & don't stress the rest!



A special thank you to all who read and voted on my competition Quickie, a Recomended Read: Something Borrowed
Sirene_Jaune
Posted: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 4:25:46 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/6/2011
Posts: 771
Location: In my mind, Australia
I think you are adorable.

I agree with naughty nurse. Not everyone is going to have the same opinions.
One person might think you are goregous while their friend might think your bland. But to me I think you look sweet.

Axl - Take a look at our piercing menu.

Daria - I don't think that's how you spell "uvula."

Axl - That's not "uvula."

From: "Daria" episode "Pierce Me"
Guest
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:21:37 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,130
anonymous1526 wrote:
your a cutey, fix up, get some new clothes and have confidence and believe in yourself!


I agree with almost all of this quote. But I think you are cute as is. But perhaps that is because I am a country girl. Be yourself, don't change to try and please anyone but yourself. A wonderful and wise man told me that. Good luck in your healing from the break up.
tashitasha
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:28:40 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/1/2010
Posts: 298
Location: Somewhere in The middle of Nowhere.
I'll be honest, you're a cute guy!! Just relax and have fun, enjoy life.



To unravel the truth behind everything, Megan is forced to leave everything behind to save herself and protect those she loves. Now on her own, this young woman will face challenges and dangers, relying on her only assets; her strength and determination. Read When The Truth Hurts by TashiTasha http://www.lushstories.com/stories/novels/when-the-truth-hurts-chapter-1.aspx
blazestcyr
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:33:08 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/19/2011
Posts: 737
Location: where bugs die
you are very good looking sugar!!

but until YOU believe it, we can speak ourselves silly

you will always see yourslf as that abused little boy

dont give that horrible man all THAT power


believe..in you
HisDarkestMistress
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:20:54 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 9/14/2011
Posts: 44
Location: United States
You are an attractive guy. Love you eyes especially. Don't let the past bring you down, just think of it as a new start. =]
sweetaz
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:41:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/25/2011
Posts: 8,712
Location: New Zealand
There nothing wrong with the way you look lad, you can't change the pass so don't go into your future with such a bleak history. Onwards upwards Big Hugs
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.