Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

English is a crazy language! Options · View
latinfoxy
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 12:03:43 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/5/2011
Posts: 816
Location: Here


LOL so true an confusing when English is not your first language hahaha
SigurdOokami
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2012 1:57:14 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/23/2011
Posts: 416
Location: At a computer, United Kingdom
You know you're English when you just want to explain those differences properly, lol

This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol
asdwtiger
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2012 11:29:37 AM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 6/2/2012
Posts: 1
Location: Sri Lanka
oohhhh yeah!
its soooooooo true
(cool)

___
(o.O)
/[_]\
_/ \_
Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:48:21 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 472,793
THOUGH MY HOMELAND'S ALREADY USING ENGLISH AS A MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION IN THE CENTER OF BUSINESS AND COMMERCIALIZATION, I'M STILL EXPERIENCING THE "TIP-OF-THE-TONGUE" PHENOMENON THAT I CAN'T FIND THE APPROPRIATE WORDS TO SUIT WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SAY. HELP ME GRAMMAR 101! RIGHT NOW, I RE-READ THIS FOR SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE HITTING THE POST BUTTON. (just-a-dull-in-english)
simplyjohn
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:20:15 PM

Rank: Chat Moderator

Joined: 11/24/2011
Posts: 4,671
Location: Woking, United Kingdom
haha ... yes OK I am from the UK ... its not crazy whatsoever !!! just a lil quirky !!!
Guest
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 12:30:03 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 472,793
crypticneophyte wrote:
THOUGH MY HOMELAND'S ALREADY USING ENGLISH AS A MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION IN THE CENTER OF BUSINESS AND COMMERCIALIZATION, I'M STILL EXPERIENCING THE "TIP-OF-THE-TONGUE" PHENOMENON THAT I CAN'T FIND THE APPROPRIATE WORDS TO SUIT WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SAY. HELP ME GRAMMAR 101! RIGHT NOW, I RE-READ THIS FOR SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE HITTING THE POST BUTTON. (just-a-dull-in-english)


Wow, someone from my country. Since my first language is English and i am quite eloquent and good in grammar, maybe i could help you and in return you help me learn our own language? I have been through hell and back just trying to learn it and no luck.

And English is a great language, its easy and very useful since everyone kinda understands the whole concept of it bootyshake
Buz
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 12:38:50 PM

Rank: The Linebacker

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 5,176
Location: Atlanta, United States
Then there is American English which often spells and pronunciates words differently than the English speaking English.

I have written a new poem. It is called 'Long Twisty Woman.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

Guest
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 12:52:39 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 472,793
sprite
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 12:54:35 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 13,657
Location: My Tower, United States
Mazza wrote:


i thought is was... was i wrong?
Guest
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 1:01:08 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 472,793
I do not really speak English... I speak American! Semper Fi! Hooah! God bless my troops! God bless the USA!
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:26:52 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 472,793
katiekate wrote:


Wow, someone from my country. Since my first language is English and i am quite eloquent and good in grammar, maybe i could help you and in return you help me learn our own language? I have been through hell and back just trying to learn it and no luck.

And English is a great language, its easy and very useful since everyone kinda understands the whole concept of it bootyshake


YES...I WOULD LOVE THAT "KATIEKATE" ;)
Abbey
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 6:17:09 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 1/5/2011
Posts: 4
Why isn't through spelled thru and two spelled tu. what's with threw, through, to, two, and too?
The_Young_Swell
Posted: Monday, July 02, 2012 8:37:59 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2012
Posts: 158
Location: Canada
Abbey wrote:
Why isn't through spelled thru and two spelled tu. what's with threw, through, to, two, and too?


It IS spelled tu, twice.

But only in tutu.

Always drink upstream from the herd and never miss a good chance to shut up..
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.