Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

I am Bi-Polar/Manic Depressive. (I suffer from a mental illness called Cyclothymia.) Options · View
latinfoxy
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:27:48 PM

Steph, the fact that you posted this, shows how much more stronger you are than this diseases, never forget that! and if you do, just read this thread and remember all the crazy, adorable, supporting people you have here backing you up!!

Tons of kisses and hugs for my favorite English teacher!!
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:06:54 PM

I admire your courage. To tell such a personal thing to someone that you know is one thing and very admirable, to tell it to potentially millions of strangers is quite another and shows that you are, though on a downer at the moment, in control of your mental illness (as an aside, I think the term mental illness is quite cruel, but what else is there for it?). I wish you all the best health and my prayers are with you.
FelineFantasy
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:14:55 PM

I had a condition similar to yours, but let's not venture too far down that path. All I can do is commend you, not pity you. I mean wow! Takes some mega balls to wear your heart on your sleeve to that severity. Just remain diligent, don't make any actions for the sake of anyone else but yourself but always with the thought that drives your passion- be it negative or positive. I often find when I reflect on some of my dullest moments, it gives me that extra "oomph" to keep trucking on forward. Can't let it bring you down, because it's in the past! Believe in yourself hun, life's too short to even care at all.

Click > here < to read my first feature story, Techno Aphrodite by Piquet!
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:46:04 PM

Wow, I am really late to this thread and just wanted to give a big hug to one of the most talented and creative people on this site. It's pretty hard to genuinely make me laugh out loud, and Steph is one of the few people that manages to do it with practically every single post... except this one of course. My thoughts go out to you... I can't imagine what you continue to go through battling this, but I do know that bipolar is one of the most underdiagnosed disorders on the map right now. Much of the suicidal stats come from people that are misdiagnosed as having Depression and end up on SSRIs which pretty much is the worst drug you can be put on if you are actually Bipolar because it's affecting the wrong receptors and can cause someone to spiral into darker domain very quickly.

Half the battle is in recognizing and understanding the nature of the beast you're fighting. In that way you can anticipate and in some ways intellectualize some of what you're going through and know that you're not alone and that even in your darkest hours, this too shall pass and you'll come to a place where you're on the upswing again. Just know that you such a positive force in so many people's lives - you shine brighter than the others, and with that you affect people more immediately... you stand out from the pack without even trying. That in itself is a rare gift that we all appreciate and admire.

So, my friend - the truth is - you inspire, whether you intend to or not. And you are a fighter... and this battle won't get the best of you. There's a lot of second line infantry here that are happy to stand behind you and support you in your fight so don't you dare ever think of giving up!

XO Blondie

hartclass
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 4:40:43 AM

Hey Steph,

Depression is still one of those illnesses that people still don't like to talk about yet mental health is something that will effect most of us at some point during out life. Thank you for being so brave and bringing it into the open - is is a subject that needs to be openly discussed because until it is it will remain in the dark. Unfortunately for people who suffer from mental health issues the one thing the really need is support and understanding and whilst it remains a taboo subject it makes it hard to get that support.

Luckily for you - Lush and the genuine people here will give you that support because as you know there are few subjects here that are not shared. I wish you all the best - the Lush community is here for you! X

lafayettemister
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 8:29:18 AM

You're a brave man to be able to post this on the internet. And the many people who have responded with their own issues are braves as well. Moreso than I could ever be.

I wish you all the best.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
CharlotteRusse1
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:38:18 PM

I'm also very late to this thread but I wanted chime in with a supportive 2c.

I have a lot of experience with BP II and depression in my family.

Work with your doctors to get the meds right and keep your friends close. Getting the right medicine and therapy can take months, years.. And then your body changes and it can all go to pot. But.. we keep on trying.

Have you seen the musical "Next to Normal"? I'd like to see it myself. It's supposed to be painfully funny.

Thanks for being brave and honest. Every time someone talks about mental health in public, it reduces the stigma for someone else.

Writer of amateur erotica since 2011..See the latest at:

Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:17:12 PM

Steph:

I admire your courage so much. I have had problems with depression for most of my life, but I seriously doubt I could be so open and honest about it in front of God and everybody.

I wish all good things to you.
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:40:27 AM

I wanted to bring this back to the forefront, since I and several of my friends have symptoms very similar to what Steph describes.

Life can be extraordinarily difficult for people who wonder, as Steph so well puts it, what kind of people they truly are. The potential for self-doubt and self-destruction is almost limitless. I think I try all too hard to "help" people without thinking things through, and quite often can't understand what people are thinking.

Could you post on this topic, anyone who reads it?