Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Smoking Bad, or Good? Options · View
lafayettemister
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:01:34 AM

I'm not sure what happened, but the above statement is not mine. The above quote attributed to DD is what I said. The next part of the reply, that looks like it's mine... I didn't say that. Strange.

I had quoted DD above and I replied with "Yes, of course. I totally agree....."

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:39:09 AM

Smoking stinks.
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:02:37 PM

very bad not only are you killing yourself but when in public you are killing others
KayaDanielle
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:44:48 PM

very very bad
KayaDanielle
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:47:26 PM

very very bad
Warlock
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:16:52 PM

Smoking is such a horrible invasive habit and it is ridiculous that governments have to get involved to make that point clear. Personally I think they should make it a law that if you want to smoke you have to do it with a carton of cigarettes shoved up your ass.. and even then some morons will keep on smoking.. 'nuff said..
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:43:02 PM

Bad, bad, bad ... I've actually just passed someone on the street, whoz blowing ciggie smoke and I reek of it !! & I have never smoked a ciggie.

However you dress it up, smoking is BAD. sad10
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:50:49 PM

I don't mind smokers, most of my friends are. I just don't like it when it's all around me, it makes my eyes water.
simplyjohn
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 1:19:41 AM

Well of course its bad for you !!!!

I am a smoker. Do I enjoy it ?? thats a good question .. probably the odd few a day but not 80% of them. For me, probably like so many, its a habit and part of my routine. Yes its disgusting. Yes its makes ones clothes smell and if one smokes in the house then the white paint on the ceiling will need redoing regularly. I used to valet cars when I was young and the colour of the filth that used to come out of the old internal roof lining (probably foam filled) if someone smoked in tha car was simply revolting. I am careful not to inflict my habit on others though. Everyone has choices and decisions to make in their life and we dont always make the sensible ones. Ignoring the issue of the affect on others a very poor diet and excessive drinking of alcohol are obvious examples of people not taking the healthy option.

I currently am suffering from pneumonia and pleurisy on my right lung and possibly more. My GP called this a wake up call and well the rest of the very firmly put advice is obvious. Will I give up ?? good question.

Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 2:14:00 AM

WE ALREADY HAVE AN ORDINANCE REGARDING THE SMOKING BAN IN PUBLIC PLACES AND WE STARTED ON IMPLEMENTING IT LAST YEAR IN THE ENTIRE METRO MANILA... PUBLIC SMOKING BAN SEEMS TO BE AN URGENT SOLUTION TO PREVENT "SECONDHAND-SMOKING"(the non-smokers involuntarily inhale the smoke from the cigarette). YOU CAN SMOKE AND GO IN A PRIVATE PLACE. IT'S NOT AN ABSOLUTE PROHIBITION. THIS ORDINANCE CATERS FOR THE PUBLIC HEALTH. DURING THE TIMES WHEN WE ARE ENFORCING THE NEWLY-PASSED ORDINANCE, IT'S VERY CHAOTIC ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE DRIVERS WHO INEVITABLY EXHALE THE SMOKE OUTSIDE THE CAR'S WINDOW, TO THE EXTENT THAT A FOREIGNER HAD FILED A PETITION AND THEN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SAID ORDINANCE UNDERWENT A TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER.

AGAIN, THIS IS A PUBLIC SMOKING BAN AND IT HEEDS THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND GENERAL WELFARE OF THE PEOPLE. IT'S NOT A TOTAL PROHIBITION. YOU ONLY HAVE ONE OPTION: GO TO REMOTE PLACES AND THEN SMOKE. IF WE'RE GOING TO ARGUE THAT IF THE ONLY BASIS WHY WE NEED TO IMPLEMENT A LAW LIKE THIS IS FOR THE PUBLIC HEALTH ALONE, THEN WHY AREN'T WE BAN THE VEHICLES WHO GREATLY CONTRIBUTES TO AIR POLLUTION? IT'S ALREADY PLAUSIBLE IN THE STATUS QUO THAT WE ALREADY HAVE A SMOKE-TEST FOR THE VEHICLES. BUT THE GRAVE PROBLEM IS, THE STRICTER IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LAW. NO MATTER HOW MANY GOOD LAWS WE HAVE, IF WE DIDN'T IMPLEMENT IT PROPERLY, THEN ALL EFFORT WILL THEN BE FUTILE.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 3:05:51 AM

Smoking = bad.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 3:10:41 AM

Warlock wrote:
Smoking is such a horrible invasive habit and it is ridiculous that governments have to get involved to make that point clear. Personally I think they should make it a law that if you want to smoke you have to do it with a carton of cigarettes shoved up your ass.. and even then some morons will keep on smoking.. 'nuff said..

So is driving your automobile and polluting the entire landscape. I don't suggest however that we shove an exhaust pipe down your throat even though you will drive your 4, 6, 8, 12 cylinder by me and pretend that I'm not offended (or not even give a fuck).

Seriously... I smoke and I have for nearly 40 years, but I've never smoked where it is common knowledge that someone should not. Outdoors there are so many other toxic and offensive odors and intoxicants that I'm offended that you're not offended at every fucking thing else in the air (which you probably contribute to or benefit from) and don't complain about...but point out to me that I'm killing you.

Go fuck your righteous self.

Warlock
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 9:59:40 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:

So is driving your automobile and polluting the entire landscape. I don't suggest however that we shove an exhaust pipe down your throat even though you will drive your 4, 6, 8, 12 cylinder by me and pretend that I'm not offended (or not even give a fuck).

Seriously... I smoke and I have for nearly 40 years, but I've never smoked where it is common knowledge that someone should not. Outdoors there are so many other toxic and offensive odors and intoxicants that I'm offended that you're not offended at every fucking thing else in the air (which you probably contribute to or benefit from) and don't complain about...but point out to me that I'm killing you.

???? The original question was about smoking, not the environment of the world around me.. I assure you that I do have some self-righteous opinions about them too.. the easiest issue to resolve though is the personal habit of smoking.. in any event.. after 40 years of smoking nothing I say will make you understand the absolute insanity of what you do.. so I won't waste my good breath on your bad.. and thank you for not smoking where you shouldn't..
crazyrico
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 3:39:33 PM

I am a smoker. I accept and respect that many people, nowadays the majority of people, are nonsmokers. As part of respecting their nonsmokerhood, I don't smoke around them unless I have received specific permission (has happend on occasion after dinner at a party).

What I cannot tolerate is the existence of anti-smokers. People who insist that their personal choice is so "right" that they have both the moral and legal standing to force that choice on me. This is not the type of thing that the government is meant for in any way! Tobacco already has a higher percentage of tax levied on it than any other good in the entire country. Take my unfairly represented tax money and let me smoke in peace, lest I try to force some of my opinions on you as an unfair law.
elitfromnorth
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:29:49 AM

People need to cut us smokers some slack. No, it's not "just to quit". I bet 95% of the smokers would like to quit if they could. They started smoking for some dumbass reason and suddenly they got addicted. I know that's how I ended up with it. The people who are most understanding towards smokers are usually ex smokers. They know how difficult it is to actually stop doing it, and they also know that there are certain times when it's just impossible to quit(i.e. stressy period somewhere and so forth). I have a plan to try and quit smoking, and I hope to God I will manage to go through with it. I dunno what I'll do other than chew gum and hope that the "exaggerated use may cause laxative effect" warning really is just "may" not a guarantee. It's one of those where you could say that unless you have actually been a smoker and stopped, don't come telling me how it just requires the mindset to do it. You haven't been addicted to it, so you don't know what the cravings does to your body, not to mention your mind and your mood.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 7:31:48 AM

bad bad bad
Tank134
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 8:46:48 AM

smoking is bad for you, and it isn't that nice to watch, but i do sympathize with people who smoke that are annoyed with anti-smokers
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:53:22 PM

Well, as a smoker and a moron, I salute all of you non smokers who are busy patting yourselves on your self righteous ass. You want to live to be a hundred and eat tofu, and take fish oil as your supplements..go ahead. As far me, I'll go out smoking, drinking, cussing and fucking..while you non smokers shrivel like prunes and just fade away.

Thanks for the listen. Got a light?
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:26:41 PM

Personally, I'm glad that smoking in public is banned in many places. I don't care what people do in private or to themselves as long as I don't have to inhale or smell it.
Warlock
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 6:34:25 PM

This has been a good metaphorical thread.. lots of serious stuff.. lots of fun stuff.. about a major issue.. but be that as it may.. yes Assassin I do have a light for you.. and an ashtray.. a bottle of Johnny Walker Black.. and some rubbers.. the cussing you'll have to come up with on your own..
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:18:30 PM

after good sex, a cigarette is a treat...after EXCELLENT sex, there is nothing like a good cigar! 675-lick
AnnieLuvsToFu
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:26:12 PM

Bad, I never can understand why people put poison into their bodies with smoking and I don't like to be with men who smoke period.... Sorry
Resident
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:28:21 PM

Banning people from smoking in visibility on their property that they've
paid/are paying for is too far. Sequestering them away from public view
on other property (say a business) is fine if that's what the business
chooses to do. If people want to take the risk with their own lives,
that's their business...and yes it does hurt when there's a loved
one who died because of it..but they're responsible for their
own actions.

Are you truly awake?
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:29:48 PM

smoking is bad. this is coming from a someone that has been smoking since he was 12.
i have tried to quit and did twice but then found myself smoking again.
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:49:41 PM

Bad. Bad for your body and bad for your image. I find it very unattractive.
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:26:56 PM

Warlock wrote:
This has been a good metaphorical thread.. lots of serious stuff.. lots of fun stuff.. about a major issue.. but be that as it may.. yes Assassin I do have a light for you.. and an ashtray.. a bottle of Johnny Walker Black.. and some rubbers.. the cussing you'll have to come up with on your own..

Good for you. Now as long as he's not allowed to sue the tobacco companies when he gets cancer or we have to pay part of his hospital bill, it's all good. His taxes on his cigarettes are paying for roads and schools. I like that. Keep on puffin.
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:54:09 PM

bad bad bad
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:53:47 PM

Warlock wrote:

WellMadeMale wrote:

Warlock wrote:
???? The original question was about smoking, not the environment of the world around me.. I assure you that I do have some self-righteous opinions about them too.. the easiest issue to resolve though is the personal habit of smoking.. in any event.. after 40 years of smoking nothing I say will make you understand the absolute insanity of what you do.. so I won't waste my good breath on your bad.. and thank you for not smoking where you shouldn't..

The original question required a single word response: good or bad. I answered the OP's question with one word, then I noticed your expanded upon reply, to which I replied.

You claimed that it's invasive, thereby hinting at your environment being impinged or polluted - which I answered by mentioning your contributions to the pollution quagmire we all contribute to or benefit from. You also stated that all moronic smokers should be forced to smoke with a carton of cigarettes planted up their rectum, to which I replied about shoving your opinion up your self-righteous ass.

Now you reply with question marks designed to feign ignorance of what my comments toward you implied. lol We are delighted to learn that at age 63 (or however old you are) you've never done anything which other people might judge as borderline to flat out - insane.

You don't really follow arguments or retorts well, do you? Unless you were/are trolling.

My apologies for talking over your head, if you were not trolling. Please carry on.

Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:06:19 PM

oh great, now you guys have corrupted the kitties argue
Posted: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 9:10:10 PM

Mmm trying to quit!