Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

I need help and don't know how to get it... Options · View
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:24:42 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,817
I need to ask a question but I don't know who to contact and the FAQ section didn't really help me. It is not a big deal but I noticed that under my name in forums it say Chat Guru... I am actually an Active Ink Slinger or I was, also I have noticed others get cool stuff under their names... Laura Lee Sugah and Dirty Martini for instance.... Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance...
Catnip
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:03:33 AM

Rank: Internet Sensation

Joined: 3/30/2009
Posts: 3,972
Location: Cloudy dreams., Sweden
Hi rapunzel.
The Forum Ranks are at first changing after how many posts you've posted.
Hence the change from Active Ink Slinger to Forum Guru.

If you want another rank than Forum Guru, you can contact Nicola(site matriarch)about it.
(My Rank was given to me. One day it was just changed and I loved it.)

Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:18:14 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,593
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
Catnip wrote:
Hi rapunzel.
The Forum Ranks are at first changing after how many posts you've posted.
Hence the change from Active Ink Slinger to Forum Guru.

If you want another rank than Forum Guru, you can contact Nicola(site matriarch)about it.
(My Rank was given to me. One day it was just changed and I loved it.)


Ah, that's where I went wrong. I asked Gav for "Gingerbread Lover" under mine, but I didn't get it. crybaby I came to the conclusion that this must be a site where you have to earn a given status (of the specially tailored variety), as opposed to just asking for it.

One site I'm on, they'd let you have pretty much what you wanted, until (at the time, there are now many more) 50,000 members cottoned on, and all started wanting things like "Bass Turd" and "Effing Shark Slayer"under their names. Admin just couldn't cope with all the requests! I would guess with the hundreds of thousands of members here, a free-for-all on the rank lines would end up with things like... actually, I don't dare think about it. d'oh!

And I bet Admin would need physiotherapy for their RSI-injured wrists (if they don't need it already. f-hihi )


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Graham_X
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:08:55 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/23/2011
Posts: 236
Location: United Kingdom
Shylass wrote:


Ah, that's where I went wrong. I asked Gav for "Gingerbread Lover" under mine, but I didn't get it. crybaby I came to the conclusion that this must be a site where you have to earn a given status (of the specially tailored variety), as opposed to just asking for it.


Oh no, that's terrible. You should definitely get Gingerbread Lover as your status. I think we should start a campaign. Maybe it could be just gold members who can choose their status, just so that the admins don't get swamped.

Just put a new story up called Venus: My Mistress In Leather and Lace. It seems a long time since I have written any prose, been seduced by prosody. Anyway, please feel free to check it out - Thank you xxx
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:27:44 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,817
Graham_X wrote:


Oh no, that's terrible. You should definitely get Gingerbread Lover as your status. I think we should start a campaign. Maybe it could be just gold members who can choose their status, just so that the admins don't get swamped.


OK! Thanks so much y'all!! I love your idea Graham! Let us appeal to our lovely Matriarch and see if that can be a possibility... OH Mistress Nicola???

Wonderful responses!

Thanks again...
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:52:22 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2012
Posts: 853
Location: United Kingdom
Graham_X wrote:


Oh no, that's terrible. You should definitely get Gingerbread Lover as your status. I think we should start a campaign. Maybe it could be just gold members who can choose their status, just so that the admins don't get swamped.


But what about us who have no money? That means that no matter how active we are in the site or anything like that we never get our status' changed.... I think it would be better if the more active ones of us would be able to get it as well as those with gold.

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:02:26 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,593
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
MoonlightSerenity wrote:


But what about us who have no money? That means that no matter how active we are in the site or anything like that we never get our status' changed.... I think it would be better if the more active ones of us would be able to get it as well as those with gold.


I totally get your point. Hugs

Perhaps it's just mods and the mods of the blue site who get them? That would make sense, because after all, Admin do have a lot to do. Guess I'm going to have to up my game and see if I can become the official Lush Gingerbread Verifier. angry7


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 11:24:21 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2012
Posts: 853
Location: United Kingdom
Shylass wrote:


I totally get your point. Hugs

Perhaps it's just mods and the mods of the blue site who get them? That would make sense, because after all, Admin do have a lot to do. Guess I'm going to have to up my game and see if I can become the official Lush Gingerbread Verifier. angry7


Ahahaha.

Then we both must step up our games! I wonder if there will ever be board specific mods for certain areas.....

Edit - I just noticed that we joined on the same day >.<

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:10:41 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 5,991
Location: In your dirty fantasies
It's not a Gold Member thing. Specialized ranks were around before the Gold Member option was available.

Typically it's reserved for mods, verifiers, 'special contest' winners (like biggest attention whore, and annual most popular), and veteran site contributors.

I was around for a long time before I got mine. Good things come to those who are patient. That's what makes the unique rank names more special when you do get them. :)


MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:21:36 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2012
Posts: 853
Location: United Kingdom
Dancing_Doll wrote:
It's not a Gold Member thing. Specialized ranks were around before the Gold Member option was available.

Typically it's reserved for mods, verifiers, 'special contest' winners (like biggest attention whore, and annual most popular), and veteran site contributors.

I was around for a long time before I got mine. Good things come to those who are patient. That's what makes the unique rank names more special when you do get them. :)


Okay ^^, thank you for explaining that to us.

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
clum
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:43:21 PM

Rank: Clumeleon

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 3,749
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
I remember when Nicola bestowed mine upon me; it was a touching moment. She's the bestest.

The lion is most lionlike when he roars.
crazydiamond
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:49:53 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,285
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
clum wrote:
I remember when Nicola bestowed mine upon me; it was a touching moment. She's the bestest.

Gav gave me mine, but said it should have read " Misfit Mineral ". love7

Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 3:57:22 PM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,593
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
crazydiamond wrote:

Gav gave me mine, but said it should have read " Misfit Mineral ". love7


He's right. Or "Mental Jewel"... dontknow

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:37:03 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,915
Location: Sydney, Australia
I answered the OP personally.

Nice moniker Shylass!
Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:59:00 PM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,593
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
nicola wrote:
I answered the OP personally.

Nice moniker Shylass!


Oh. Em. Jee. I EFFING LOVE YOU!!! love7 love10 love7 love10 love7 THANK YOU! Hugs


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:14:24 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,915
Location: Sydney, Australia
I didn't want this on my hands...

Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:10:24 PM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,593
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
nicola wrote:
I didn't want this on my hands...



FFS! They told me they'd hidden all of those pictures! The no-good crummy individuals! I shall be having stern words. cussing

Hugs


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
TraceyAmes
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:13:43 PM

Rank: Wine Connoisseur

Joined: 6/28/2008
Posts: 162
Location: Hunter Valley, Australia
Shylass wrote:


Ah, that's where I went wrong. I asked Gav for "Gingerbread Lover" under mine, but I didn't get it. crybaby I came to the conclusion that this must be a site where you have to earn a given status (of the specially tailored variety), as opposed to just asking for it.

One site I'm on, they'd let you have pretty much what you wanted, until (at the time, there are now many more) 50,000 members cottoned on, and all started wanting things like "Bass Turd" and "Effing Shark Slayer"under their names. Admin just couldn't cope with all the requests! I would guess with the hundreds of thousands of members here, a free-for-all on the rank lines would end up with things like... actually, I don't dare think about it. d'oh!

And I bet Admin would need physiotherapy for their RSI-injured wrists (if they don't need it already. f-hihi )


I guess I will never get my own specialized rank from Gav or Nicola. Especially after including images of both of then in the recent/current caption contest. So sorry wonderful matriarch for giving you a storm-troopers head to go with your wonderful furry body and bushy tail.
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:28:33 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,915
Location: Sydney, Australia
TraceyAmes wrote:


I guess I will never get my own specialized rank from Gav or Nicola. Especially after including images of both of then in the recent/current caption contest. So sorry wonderful matriarch for giving you a storm-troopers head to go with your wonderful furry body and bushy tail.


Considering where you live, how about, "Wine Connoisseur"? That can be abbreviated evil4

Hugs

TraceyAmes
Posted: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:08:49 AM

Rank: Wine Connoisseur

Joined: 6/28/2008
Posts: 162
Location: Hunter Valley, Australia
love9 Lwinking
nicola wrote:


Considering where you live, how about, "Wine Connoisseur"? That can be abbreviated evil4

Hugs



I would love that very much Nicola. I would feel privileged. The Hunter Valley is a wonderful wine producing area and I love a nice white wine. Wine Connoisseur rolls of the tongue perfectly. Thank you Nicola.
Guest
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 2:32:48 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,817
Thanks to all that have posted here and that answers my silly question. To our lovely matriarch Nicola... Redhead Rhapsodist? Titan Tractation? LOL, I have no idea... alas, my words fail me when I want to use them for my benefit. Titan Temptress? Ugh! Prolific Puckster? Gossamer Ginger?
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:27:48 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2012
Posts: 853
Location: United Kingdom
1redheadrapunzel wrote:
Thanks to all that have posted here and that answers my silly question. To our lovely matriarch Nicola... Redhead Rhapsodist? Titan Tractation? LOL, I have no idea... alas, my words fail me when I want to use them for my benefit. Titan Temptress? Ugh! Prolific Puckster? Gossamer Ginger?


Hehe.... Anything with Ginga or Ginger and you'll have shylass coming after you.......

(And nicola - I think it would be hilarious if yours or Gav's were changed to "Master of the Lush Universe" evil4)

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Guest
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:00:49 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,817
MoonlightSerenity wrote:


Hehe.... Anything with Ginga or Ginger and you'll have shylass coming after you.......

(And nicola - I think it would be hilarious if yours or Gav's were changed to "Master of the Lush Universe" evil4)


I am flattered beautiful lady! I am new to being called a "ginger" as I am new to the online world at all....

I also love your idea for Gav's moniker.... Great Ideas

Thanks again for the ego boost....

Hugs dear
Shylass
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:25:26 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,593
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
Ginger? Did somebody mention ginger? Do they have any bread? Is there gingerbread??? love7

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Thursday, July 19, 2012 10:50:06 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2012
Posts: 853
Location: United Kingdom
Shylass wrote:
Ginger? Did somebody mention ginger? Do they have any bread? Is there gingerbread??? love7


Hehe.... No bread but there is ginger.... 1readheadrapunzel is wanting ginger in her rank....

And rapunzel - no need to be flattered. I like giving honest opinions Hugs

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Guest
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:48:30 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,817
MoonlightSerenity wrote:


Hehe.... No bread but there is ginger.... 1readheadrapunzel is wanting ginger in her rank....

And rapunzel - no need to be flattered. I like giving honest opinions Hugs


Lady's you fluster and flatter me... If you would, help our lovely Mistress to come up with a moniker for me???
I am pretty much an author and and redhead... country, witchy, etc... if any ideas, please don't hesitate to PM or Chat me.
Hugs...
Punz
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:55:40 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2012
Posts: 853
Location: United Kingdom
1redheadrapunzel wrote:


Lady's you fluster and flatter me... If you would, help our lovely Mistress to come up with a moniker for me???
I am pretty much an author and and redhead... country, witchy, etc... if any ideas, please don't hesitate to PM or Chat me.
Hugs...
Punz


Redheaded Beauty?
Dirty Little Red?

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Guest
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 1:02:24 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,817
MoonlightSerenity wrote:


Redheaded Beauty?
Dirty Little Red?


While these are nice, I don't just write porn. And alas, I am no beauty! But thank ya kindly!
clum
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 2:26:07 AM

Rank: Clumeleon

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 3,749
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
How about 'Fiery Damsel' or something of that ilk?

The lion is most lionlike when he roars.
DirtyMartini
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 2:44:18 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,725
Location: Right here on Lush Stories...
1redheadrapunzel wrote:
also I have noticed others get cool stuff under their names... Laura Lee Sugah and Dirty Martini for instance.... Any info would be greatly appreciated.


Oh, I see my name mentioned here...actually, I became aware of the whole forum rank thingy after Mr. Rumpleforeskin got "Right Rev of Lush"...I thought it sounded pretty cool, and I liked the whole religious sort of thing going on, so I had actually applied to get "Pius Purveyor of Poetry and Porn" but was told by Gav it was a bit too long...

So, I ended up with the slightly abbreviated version...works for me...


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.