Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Man and Woman Options · View
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2012 5:41:13 PM

A video a friend posted on facebook, what are your thoughts?

lafayettemister
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 8:19:53 AM

That is a very provacative video. I'll need to let this one stew for a bit. The first thing that jumps out to me is the 93% work related death stat. That's a staggering number. Hmm, I'll have to watch it again.

edit.... I never knew there was such a radical wing to the feminist movement. This woman has several videos on youtube that shows some light on the subject. Quite illuminating. Some quotes from another of her videos, attributed to a radicalclub of the feminist movement.

A feminist childcare worker. "I honestly need to reasses my giving care to these future little rapists." How'd you like that woman raising your kid.

A UK feminist lobbyist. "It needs to be so unfashionable to have boys so they would be aborted before seeing the light of day. Violent revolution is the only way." Wow.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:19:01 AM

I sat and watched it too - she does speak very well doesn't she?

I need to think about this one - decide what I think about it too...
lafayettemister
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2012 9:21:16 AM

Part of this video raises the issue of Lorena Bobbitt. Whose defense was backed by feminist in her native country and they made the demands that if Lorena saw any jail time, they would castrate 100 innocent men in protest. Yet, no one called them out for it nor voiced oppostion to their plan. All while holding up Lorena as some hero of feminism. And the celebration of serving and showcasing portions of hotdogs with ketchup on them. Such hatred.

Also talks about Valerie Solanis who was certifiably crazy and how she too was held up for being virtuous. And the revisionist history that is being made to celebrate her behavior and manifesto.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2012 7:32:24 PM

I've stayed from commenting while waiting for the OP's answer to why he believes that the original point was that men are disposable. For those that only comment on the last comment instead of reading the thread in whole, the OP is someone from another internet source. Yes, it's a loaded comment.

Now, considering he's a psychotherapist I don't see that view point as helpful as he will be an interpreter of view points expressed by those who seek interpretation, recognition, and future growth during "therapy." I have, by the way, always believed in the old adage that most in that profession are only seeking to correct the wrongs that occurred in their own lives. I am also at odds to this viewpoint since the creator of the last two videos are not in line with this sentiment nor any sentiment that seeks to diminish the importance of either sex in this existence.

It is laughable to hear the comments of some of those extreme feminists who find it abhorrent to support, in any way, "future rapists." How very lazy of you. To be so proud and diligent to a cause and believe yourself so inept in your ability to change humankind. How very sad. And also, how very self-centered to assume that the end of humankind is acceptable while you walk this planet.

As for the guys, the whole "GAME" thing is absurd, and the whining is truly unmanly. So men don't like the empowerment that we have enjoyed for countless years to the exclusion of your other half. Too bad, deal with it. Deal with it in a more enlightened manner than continuing your past ill-conceived ways.

Daily, I her men say, "women are all...", and in turn the ladies say "men are all..." Are we "all" that simple as to be set along side with the stupidity that is subjectively obvious in the instant that one is experiencing? Simple little thing, men and women are "hard-wired" in different ways, and we will never fully understand each. I've always hated the expression, "I know you better than you know yourself." Human beings are so much more, and much more intricate than that simple absurdity. And as absurd as the notion that men are disposable.

We are all disposable, if we believe it. We are all unique, unpredictable, multifaceted, and beautiful if we believe it, and believe it of others.

MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2012 8:40:00 PM

Many good points. But then again I am not one of those feminists. I am actually more relaxed around a group of men than a group women. With men you rarely have to worry about jealousy, competition, talking behind your back and back stabbing.
Shibui
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012 5:17:06 PM

Fascinating.

Several times during her presentation, I questioned her gender. I believe we are all in this for personal gain, even the "Mother Theresa's" of the world do it for personal gain. Again, this is my little thought process, you may differ. So, with that thought in mind what is her gain?

I think she has made a pretty good point of demonstrating that men are disposable in this society. I, too, feel she is correct about why this is the selected path. I am disappointed that she doesn't expound upon the advantage of changing this to a new paradigm. I feel I am too limited to thoroughly comprehend a society that is homogenous. The implications boggle my mind. Would we be assigned numbers for the lifeboat seats based upon our worthiness? A number we would carry just in case. Numbers we would be continually trying to improve lie a credit score? You're a surgeon, your number is high, you're a ditch digger, your number is lower. I'm not certain that is the correct path either. I guess we could get in line, first come first serve, however, I would certainly like to place the designer of the ship with too few life boats at the back of the line! It is certainly food for thought. Again, what is her gain in this? Does she think society will be better if we change this path? I'm not too certain. I know it would create much turmoil.

Her video has stopped me and caused more thought than I have ever given this subject. It is refreshing to listen to someone that has done their homework and isn't trying to tell me that I'm an idiot if I don't follow them immediately.

Posted: Monday, March 12, 2012 7:30:41 PM

She has a blog, there is no gain. There is just thought.
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:52:07 PM

Of all the MRA's girlwriteswhat is the most popular , there's also John The Other, Rocking Mr E, Paul Elam aka TheHappyMisogynist ( he's not really a misogynist ), Bernard Chapin, and alot more of them
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 10:57:17 PM

this...just..i don't know. it....huh... really need to think...sheesh
Ruthie
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 1:55:07 AM

Misogynists tend to misquote, take out of context, or lie about what feminists say and believe. We are not even approaching equality between the sexes in this country, and certainly not in the rest of the world, especially third world countries. Women are discriminated against on a daily basis, raped, ridiculed, denied basic human rights and held in bondage, both figuratively and literally. There are countries where women are stoned for adultery, for not being virgins, and for appearing in public without a veil. The international sex trade lives off the misery of women. Women are much more likely to die as a result of domestic abuse than men.

To say that women have a great advantage in life and men are placed "dead last" because of things like women being offered the first seats on life rafts is disingenuous. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's bullshit. Total bullshit.
freakycactus
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:36:41 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to watch the videos, my internet is so rubbish it would take all day for them to load and kill the internet for everyone else. I might let them load overnight and watch them in the morning. I did watch the first minute or so of what she said and the idea that men have always been put last is laughable, the idea that men are being put last in today's society, is laughable.

In the UK at the moment the government are trying to implement laws that will further widen the public sector pay gap between men and women, the job losses within the public sector are hitting women harder than men, and it was just a few years ago that the government had to be set a second deadline to provide a strategy to end violence against women because they failed to meet the first one.