Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Is Fantasising the same as cheating? Options · View
Posted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:08:38 AM

1. The act of two people exchanging aspects of eachother's intellects—thoughts, perception, memory, emotion, will; imagination—far beyond a superficial level, executed through conversation. It is often characterized by intimacy, closeness, and exclusivity between the two persons. 2. To intellectually penetrate (or enter into) one’s mind/thoughts as if in sexual intercourse. 3. The mental version of sexual intercourse.
If we don't explore with our minds first how will we explore each other with our bodies.
Fantasising is another way for our mind to delve deeper into our sexual desires and wants. Most fantases are better than the act..So I don't feel that if I am fantasising about hugh jackman that i'm cheating on my husband..my husband will get the benefit of it!!
justaddkatie
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:43:01 AM

If it is, I'm skee-rude! But seriously, I don't think it is. I fantasize of upgrading my vehicle. Does that mean I'm "cheating" on the mid-sized family SUV parked in my garage? ;)
honeydipped
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 5:30:03 AM

no. let your imagination run wild!! My 2 cents

"it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -aristotle
Enkelband
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:51:34 AM

not at all cause its not realy happening :) just like when your dreaming i dont consider this as cheating at all.
ByronLord
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 6:10:07 PM

Umm, wifey is not at all jealous of my online friends or my imaginary lesbians.

She is however quite jealous of the time I spend with Lara Croft.

Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 6:23:40 PM

Did you have an imaginary friend as a kid and now you don't? Would you consider that murder or just a missing "person" case? It's not cheating to have sex with your own imagination.
keoloke
Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2012 8:19:50 PM

If a couple uses many means to enrich their monogamous sex life, it's fine, we all fantasize... but I don't feel that you can plainly say that a Fantasy is in the mind while Cheating is physical. First of all what is the definition of cheating ?

Most cheating it's not about sex! Than YES, a fantasy that you're with someone also, real person or not that feeds your needs is "simply" cheating.

A lot more can be added.

Hum.. is writing an erotic story for Lush cheating? LOL

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:26:30 AM

No! Fantasising is one thing, but fulfilling the fantasy is something else entirely.
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 1:45:59 AM

Fantasizing is pretty natural and sometimes can't even be helped. I've dreamed some pretty hot things. Cheating implies deception, forethought and can be helped. This is my 50th post.
winter67
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 12:26:39 AM

I am so screwed if fantasizing is cheating. If it is, i have been cheating for most of my 25 year marriage. I am so screwed!!!
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:37:09 AM

A BIG NO, OF COURSE. WE FANTASIZED BECAUSE SOME OF US ARE BEING DEPRIVED OF SOMETHING AND SOMETIMES, IT'S HARD TO TURN YOUR ILLUSION/DREAMS INTO TANGIBLE THINGS AND "FANTASY" IS THE BEST PLACE FOR THAT. I HAVE A LOT OF SEXUAL FANTASIES(BUT IS NOT INTO A RELATIONSHIP) AND IT REALLY HELPED ME TO SOOTHE MY MIND AND BODY. SEXUAL FANTASY IS I THINK, THE SAFEST FORM (IF ANY) OF SEX. SO FEEL FREE TO PLAY CREATIVE IMAGINATION... AFTER ALL, EVERYONE HAS DIRTY SECRETS. (BUT I DON'T CONSIDER FANTASIZING AS FILTHY).
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:38:36 AM

A BIG NO, OF COURSE. WE FANTASIZED BECAUSE SOME OF US ARE BEING DEPRIVED OF SOMETHING AND SOMETIMES, IT'S HARD TO TURN YOUR ILLUSION/DREAMS INTO TANGIBLE THINGS THAT'S WHY "FANTASY" IS THE BEST PLACE FOR THAT. I HAVE A LOT OF SEXUAL FANTASIES(BUT IS NOT INTO A RELATIONSHIP) AND IT REALLY HELPED ME TO SOOTHE MY MIND AND BODY. SEXUAL FANTASY IS I THINK, THE SAFEST FORM (IF ANY) OF SEX. SO FEEL FREE TO PLAY CREATIVE IMAGINATION... AFTER ALL, EVERYONE HAS DIRTY SECRETS. (BUT I DON'T CONSIDER FANTASIZING AS FILTHY).
Sirene_Jaune
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:49:19 PM

I know when I'm having sex, I might switch my mind to tv characters, if they are a couple or movie characters. I have been having sex with the same person for 7 years.

It doesn't mean I love him less, it just makes my mind focus on something if he takes forever to orgasm. Especially if I am on all fours.

So the answer from my point of view is no it isn't cheating.

Axl - Take a look at our piercing menu.

Daria - I don't think that's how you spell "uvula."

Axl - That's not "uvula."

Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 12:59:47 PM

Well, first of all, you can't really cheat. My body is mine and your body is yours. I don't belong to anyone. So I can give myself to whomever I want; I don't need your permission. Now if we are married and decide to be monogamous, that's different.

Second, my thoughts? really? You not only want to claim exclusive rights to my body, you want my thoughts too?

Of course it's not cheating.
ramrod32784
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 2:18:29 PM

no
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 2:49:20 PM

Cheating means you break the rules in order to win. What are the rules and what do you win? Cheating is usually perceived like getting the answers before or during a test through unscrupulous means, not by your own knowledge, having a hidden ace up your sleeve, stepping over a line in the dirt, using a "dirty trick" to win a fight, and so forth. How do these apply to fidelity in a relationship? Did you set down "rules" mutually accepted? Or are these "rules" just something vague until you "break" one or another? I can hardly ever remember a relationship in which at the beginning it was specifically stated "Okay, but don't fuck someone else" let alone "Okay, but don't have any sexual fantasies about someone else."
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:38:45 AM

No. You are just considering the possibilities that's all.
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 11:06:26 AM

no.you have tp have your fanatises. or your list like if you could have one night with your favorite actress's .
TastyMissPT
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 1:16:19 PM

No, but say them out loud and turn your partner on, maybe he is thinking the same thing.
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 1:38:59 PM

I dont think fantasizing about someone else is cheating.
Crushinonyou
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 1:52:24 PM

No, fantasizing about someone is not like cheatinh at all. As humans we all have these lustful thoughts, but as long as we control it, i don't see it as cheating at all.
swollen
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:48:28 PM

I'm a total fantasist - no, it's not cheating at all.
Dani
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 2:55:45 PM

Of course not. It can actually be beneficial. Like, for instance, if a couple shares and realizes fantasies together. Also, we have no control over the mind. Cheating is a conscious and very deliberate act. We can't always control the way our minds wander. However, if you spend too much time in the realm of fantasy, then that's not helping anyone because your expectations can grow to a rather unrealistic level.

But overall fantasizing is a good thing. But like all good things, too much can be harmful.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

ramrod32784
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 1:17:33 PM

no it is not if we could be penalized for what we are thinking we'd all be in jail
mimsbim
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:29:05 PM

I hope it's not cheating cause I fantasize often with someone here...
stelmaria
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:31:15 PM

good question. I grew up with a christian background, and this was one of the big scriptures:

Matthew 5:27-28 ESV

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I guess that means only if you're in a relationship with someone though... Personally I don't think it's cheating unless it goes beyond being in your head. #JustSayin

flashytone
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:24:57 PM

of course not!
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 5:59:49 AM

Fantasy to me is a safe and healthy outlet. The crazy things that run through my mind have no bearing on my feelings for those i love and respect, its merely a playground ...and I do love to play!
BLKDragon
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:31:03 AM

I say hell no but there are those who say yes some would say cyber sex is cheating .I guess depends on the person and their senseability's.I say yuo need your dreamsand fantasy's or what would really keep us going other than those things ,I guess you could say hope but I say they are entiwined.
adele
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 7:32:23 PM

I think there is an additional part to this. Just fantasizing, whether it be about doing something different sexually to or with your partner. or about someone in particular is one thing. And imagining things is certainly not cheating. that would be like saying you can't dream. Now I think more accurately, the question would be is fantasizing with someone other than your partner cheating (in other words, if you chat or cyber with someone online)? I think this is where the line becomes a bit more fuzzy. Assuming you have a partner, I think the question depends on whether your partner knows about it.

Perhaps you have fantasies about something he/she just does not want to do. If you discuss it and maybe set some parameters (like only chatting online on the specific website, not exchanging any real info like addresses or phone numbers, and agreeing to stop if either party or either spouse/partner feels the situation is becoming too real) and stick to that, then I think it is not cheating. On the other hand, if you hide your activity from your spouse, then I think you are cheating even before you start anything. n And of course, as soon as you do something that makes it more "real", like talking on the phone, skyping or actual meeting, then it is definitely cheating.

There is no mark of self,
And no mark of others,
No mark of living beings,
And no mark of a life.

-- The Diamond Sutra