Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Do you think the world will end Dec 21, 2012 like the Mayan Calendar suggests? Options · View
JessicaX
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:28:25 PM

Are you really SORRY, Danni??

Ruthie
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:46:40 PM

MoonlightSerenity wrote:
From what I've heard it isn't the proper end of the world - it's the end of the world as we know it.

and I feel fine.
Jack_42
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 12:57:27 AM

From what I can gather this prediction is not some crazy supernatural crystal ball type forecast but to has do with the locations of the planets and the resulting gravitational forces whereby the surface of the planet moves like a skin around the globe. This would be absolutely devastating and is outlined in a few sources one such is Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of The Gods considered by some to be pseudo-scientific. As there is nothing we can do I see little point in speculation but I tend to go with T.S. Elliot when it comes to the end of the world though.
spearone
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 9:05:07 AM

She wrote:

Hahaha! Damn right! this was how it exactly happened!

Sig removed by admin: Too awesome.

(500px x 150px max)
xXshunikaXx
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 9:17:44 AM

The mayan calender didn't account for leap years, therefore the 21st of december 2012 predicted in there calender has already passed.
Archadia
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 10:06:56 AM

Pussyismypleasure wrote:
Look at all the natural diasters affecting our world today....9.0 earthquake hits Japan...last month on one day 200 tornados are reported touching down in the midwest....epic flooding , mud slides killing thousands in Indonesia...flooding in central Cnada ...floods of the century.....8000 forest fires reported in Mexico is doomsday approaching...with the suns solar flares reported to happen in 2012 wipe out the electrical grid across the US.......

I think quite the opposite, the future has never looks more promising, well, at least from a longevity perspective. Look at the facts, science is better and more efficient than ever, with constant new technology, theories and discoveries, life expectancy is always improving, because of better medical treatment and facilities, health care and foods. We have better understanding of human nature now, so we build stable societies and bring in morals. Sure, there are still wars, there always will be, and while i still maintain that Human beings are selfish species, compare things to previous centuries that were stained with needless bloodshed, and i think we can agree things have improved. Natural distasters have always been part of the world, i dont see anything changing there, its freak, and cant be controlled, maybe we could look after our planet better, but that will only help slightly, you can never iradicate the random will of mother nature. Also, I highly doubt solar flares would be responsible for such damage, they've always been there, with little or no disaterous effects, the earth is an ideal habitat for life, and the atmospheric shell is very protective against such a phenominon. Provided we dont damage the atmosphere further, it should suffice. The earth is an amazing place.

The only concern could possibly be the impendng supernovae of the re giant star Betelguese, located at the shoulder of Orion. Its relatively close by cosmological terms, only 600 lightyears away, and the explosion will be cataclysmic, sending gamma ray bursts and other harmful radiation hurling across the galaxy, it could do serious damage to our atmosphere and indeed life itself. The only comfort is that Betelguese's poles are not facing towards earth (where the biggest disperse of energy will happen) so even then, it could, theoretically, do vertually no harm at all, no way of really knowing yet, until it happens. Will be great to see though, it will, at least for a week or two, look like we have a second moon in the sky, because it will be so bright.

Anyways thats more a scientific opinion, the true answer is that i see no need to put stock into fairytales, how many people on history have said the world is going to end, yet here we stand. World going to end in 2012? Nonsense...
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 10:09:05 AM

Not at all. Please stop and think .
tazznjazz
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 11:36:17 AM

On Dec. 21 all Mayans will cease to exist.dontknow
Icarus32
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 5:36:03 PM

From what I've heard from people who have actualy gone to that area of the world and talked to people who are the defendants of the Myans it isn't the end of the world it's a new beginning, it has something to do with the world going through cycles of rebirth.

Either way I think it's doubtful anything will happen.
Sol_Invictus
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:03:55 PM

In a word, no. But if it makes a few people think and change for the better, well that will be for the common good.