Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

People Who Have It Out For The Opposite Sex Options · View
Dani
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:19:34 PM

I'm not sure if this goes in the Think Tank, but I didn't know where else to put it. This has baffled me for quite some time. I have the utmost respect for either gender. Some women are bitches, some men are dicks (pardon my French). And they have every right to be. What upsets me is the male-bashing women and the female-bashing men of society. There's a way to be proud of/fight for the rights of your sex without putting down the other. The bashing of either sex is quite counter-productive as it accomplishes nothing. It just makes one look like an idiot, in my opinion. Harping about how the other sex has it easier is just a reflection upon the type of person you are and that you lack the ability to function without making excuses for yourself. To me, gender-bashing is a cop out. And it does nothing to make your preferred sex look better. It just paints you as a bitter, non-functioning member of society. Not to mention, it just highlights how inadequate/inferior you feel when compared to the other sex. Every time I see someone gender-bashing, I want to pity them or even try to put myself in their shoes, but it's hard because they rarely accept any kind of compassion, especially from someone of the opposite sex. And it turns into a cycle because they lash out, therefore people keep their distance, which further proves their point. But if they weren't so negative, people, especially members of the opposite sex, wouldn't avoid them. But I digress...I think.

Shit. I didn't mean to rant.

Your thoughts?

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

1Zratedgal
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:24:42 PM

I think you are very true on your assessment but I also see another element to the bashing.

It has to do with the egos of some individuals and when they are not the focus or center of attention, they may create negative comments against others so they look better in the eyes of people they desire to be attended by. It's basically a lack of self-confidence and does nothing productive as you say.

It is also a sign that the individual has a lack of maturity and does not live by the standard: "If you can't say something nice, Say NOTHING"!!!

Thanks for sharing this.

Kisses!

Steph
Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:52:29 PM

I almost completely agree, Slippery, but I don't pity them. I can understand how they got like that, but it is their choice how they deal with it. To treat an entire gender based on the actions or attitudes of a few is shortsighted, no matter which way round it is. And to bash them verbally or otherwise is both pathetic and tragic, and I feel no sorrow for one who infects others with their bitterness, trying to make others suffer for their own past when they had nothing to do with it. As soon as innocents are blamed, I believe the accuser deserves every negative response they get for it.

To me, people are just people, regardless of what they do. I know mean men and women, just as I know wonderful ones. If I went on the premise that bad behaviour was down to one's gender, I'd be in a real pickle!

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:26:00 PM

Some people are just hateful. It's a matter of their nature, and the specific group(s) that bear the brunt of their hatred is a matter of chance, based on whatever slights or scars they endured. Then, sometimes, it's just a bit that people act out for attention. I think that's what we often see online; people lashing out provocatively, scattering seeds around, hoping to sow arguments, and if possible, some pity, too.
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:43:20 AM

1Zratedgal wrote:
I think you are very true on your assessment but I also see another element to the bashing.

It has to do with the egos of some individuals and when they are not the focus or center of attention, they may create negative comments against others so they look better in the eyes of people they desire to be attended by. It's basically a lack of self-confidence and does nothing productive as you say.

It is also a sign that the individual has a lack of maturity and does not live by the standard: "If you can't say something nice, Say NOTHING"!!!

Thanks for sharing this.

Steph

Wait a minute.... Hold the phone.

This sounds like some bullshit some suburban mom tells little Timmy after little Timmy keeps getting made fun of at school. You're saying that the people that sit there getting teased, harrassed, manipulated are in actuality the confident ones and the loud, confrontative people are the ones that lack confidence? It's really the wall flowers that are the true alpha males and females? LOL

Okay.. And to the OP, your point basically is that you don't like gender bashing? Well okay that's good. Me neither. (unless it's funny)

LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:48:23 AM

Magical_felix wrote:

Wait a minute.... Hold the phone.

This sounds like some bullshit some suburban mom tells little Timmy after little Timmy keeps getting made fun of at school. You're saying that the people that sit there getting teased, harrassed, manipulated are in actuality the confident ones and the loud, confrontative people are the ones that lack confidence? It's really the wall flowers that are the true alpha males and females? LOL

Okay.. And to the OP, your point basically is that you don't like gender bashing? Well okay that's good. Me neither. (unless it's funny)

I don't think anyone would seriously argue that bully-victims are typically "alpha" personalities, but I also don't think there's any question that bullies and loudmouth bigots are often harboring some fairly hardcore insecurities that help explain their behavior.
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:03:30 AM

LadyX wrote:

I don't think anyone would seriously argue that bully-victims are typically "alpha" personalities, but I also don't think there's any question that bullies and loudmouth bigots are often harboring some fairly hardcore insecurities that help explain their behavior.

Thanks for ruining what I was attempting to do there.

Now she really won't argue that the victims are the confident ones. I wanted to get that debate going and talk about how when mothers leave nerdy little Timmy notes like "I don't care what everyone says, any girl would love to go to homecoming dance with you. If I was in your school I'd ask you! I think you are way cooler than the captain of the football team, how about that?" It just makes it worse for Timmy and his confidence, lack of balls problem.

It would have been funny but you fucked it all up!

LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:15:11 AM

LOL Sorry, Jack. I'll try to steer clear of the bear trap in the future.
blazestcyr
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:33:58 AM

thinking felix might need to be put in the corner with a hitachi hand wand....

speaking of bitter.....

ouch

all being bitter & bashing others does is to bring harm to yourself....rode that train myself when my marriage ended

then a good buddy told me to knock it...out....
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:07:48 AM

blazestcyr wrote:

well...he does like anal.
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:12:16 AM

blazestcyr wrote:

speaking of bitter.....

ouch

all being bitter & bashing others does is to bring harm to yourself....rode that train myself when my marriage ended

then a good buddy told me to knock it...out....

You bash me, then you say that people shouldn't do that.

Look, judging from your previous forum posts, it's obvious your brain funtions at one speed. It's obvious that subtlety, humor, sarcasm are concepts that are too abstract for a simpleton like yourself to comprehend... So I will go easy on you.

1ball
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:31:17 PM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:
It just paints you as a bitter, non-functioning member of society. Not to mention, it just highlights how inadequate/inferior you feel when compared to the other sex. Every time I see someone gender-bashing, I want to pity them or even try to put myself in their shoes, but it's hard because they rarely accept any kind of compassion, especially from someone of the opposite sex. And it turns into a cycle because they lash out, therefore people keep their distance, which further proves their point. But if they weren't so negative, people, especially members of the opposite sex, wouldn't avoid them.

I agree with you, but I think it's also possibly a cry for help in the hopes of finding someone who is willing to go all the way into Wounded and Pathetic Land to defend their gender by proving the bitter one is wrong. It's almost like a dare, "Go ahead, prove I'm wrong by sticking your neck out as far as mine was when it got chopped." We probably all would feel like that briefly after getting dumped or burned, because it's really more based in anger at being proven vulnerable and weak. A mature person gets over it before they spend weeks spewing vitriol.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
MissyLuvsYa
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:07:07 PM

Some of them were probably abused as children. Some of them are just evil bullying assholes! Don't let them get away with it!!!!
blazestcyr
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:05:55 AM

"You bash me, then you say that people shouldn't do that.

Look, judging from your previous forum posts, it's obvious your brain funtions at one speed. It's obvious that subtlety, humor, sarcasm are concepts that are too abstract for a simpleton like yourself to comprehend... So I will go easy on you."
"

why are u so mad...really why...zippo bullshit or sarcasm..i am truly sincere here...

i really want to know..to understand??

are u just argumentative....for u take these.....posts to a hurtful level??

is your life hard...are you sick???out of work???did some lady take a HUGE shit on...you....what what??

if so..i will never never say 1 more word to you about your nasty posts..u have earned the right to be a grade A boob

but if you just are an asshole....

CUT it out...ok...
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:28:32 AM

blazestcyr wrote:
"You bash me, then you say that people shouldn't do that.

Look, judging from your previous forum posts, it's obvious your brain funtions at one speed. It's obvious that subtlety, humor, sarcasm are concepts that are too abstract for a simpleton like yourself to comprehend... So I will go easy on you."
"

why are u so mad...really why...zippo bullshit or sarcasm..i am truly sincere here...

i really want to know..to understand??

are u just argumentative....for u take these.....posts to a hurtful level??

is your life hard...are you sick???out of work???did some lady take a HUGE shit on...you....what what??

if so..i will never never say 1 more word to you about your nasty posts..u have earned the right to be a grade A boob

but if you just are an asshole....

CUT it out...ok...

I am not mad, people like you just annoy me. I was bantering with an old friend and you come in to call me bitter. The line of questions you asked me is also indicative of your low level of intelligence. You are thinking "Gee it can't possible be me, blazestcyr, creating annoyance by constantly saying things that miss the point or are tainted with redneckism. it must be some other factor because I am perfect." No it's not any of those other factors you mentioned, you are just annoying.

Weren't you the person that said that where you live black kids get away with punching white kids because they are black? You are so ....I dont want to say stupid, so I wont... you are so... ignorant that when you see black kids punished fairly like everyone else you dont remember it. You probably dont remember when white kids get away with something either. But the one time you saw the black kid go unpunished you saw red and now all of a sudden black kids are getting away with everything.

You say things like the above all the time. So the main reason I am nasty to you is because you have a history of saying things like the above and also you came in to call me bitter out of nowhere. What arent you getting?

Also this is the think tank not the hick tank. So if I am here and I have time I will try to revert it back to think, not hick.

blazestcyr
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:37:22 AM

wow....wow...all that....plus past posts...u do...have problems

i feel so sorry for u...so so sorry for u...peace...
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:43:05 AM

blazestcyr wrote:
wow....wow...all that....plus past posts...u do...have problems

i feel so sorry for u...so so sorry for u...peace...

That's what I thought.

No explanation for your stance on you don't like bashing/attacking yet thats all you did here.

Go back to you little hick life now.