Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
Shylass
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 6:16:48 AM

nicola wrote:

You're probably not aware of this, but all changes you make to your stories are highlighted for the story mods, so this would be a little superfluous. A moderator only has to skim through to see the highlighted bits, and then it gets processed quickly. We don't have to double handle that way.

I love that idea, thank you. Even though I can't randomly burble at them until they confess who verified it.

Now, what about that pop-up? clown

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 6:50:40 AM

jacobport wrote:
Now this might have already been asked or requested..... but how about an inbox message directing us to a photo that received a comment?

You can already get that... Check your profile settings... I get an email when someone comments on my pics...
Michael
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 7:09:24 AM

Different text color assigned when a second person messages you... just to prevent the confusion.

keoloke
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 7:14:48 AM

In the Forum, at the Topic page I would welcome the option to choose how many topics to load (per page), instead of going from page to page, at the moment showing about 25 topics per page. Some forums have over one hundred pages.

I believe its a useful and productive feature that give the option to scroll back and forth on a page with maybe 100 topics or more. Thanks

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 7:22:58 AM

The little black box that pops up when you get a message only stays there briefly. Could it not be made that when it pops up it won't go away until it is acknowledged? Even if it's a poke. When I'm "actively engaged" in a story and I try to see who it was that poked or came on I get lube all over my keyboard.. Do you have any idea how hard that is to clean the keys off on my laptop? Oh and my mouse is gonna bite me too. He hates getting lube on his skin....LOL

Seriously though...That little black pop up box should stay until it is acknowledged....Just a thought.....

Also, is there a way that you can put a note next to each of your friends? Sometimes it gets confusing (for me) trying to remember details, like their real name or how you associate yourselves....

Id
keoloke
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 7:33:05 AM

Irishdandy wrote:
The little black box that pops up when you get a message only stays there briefly. Could it not be made that when it pops up it won't go away until it is acknowledged? Even if it's a poke. When I'm "actively engaged" in a story and I try to see who it was that poked or came on I get lube all over my keyboard.. Do you have any idea how hard that is to clean the keys off on my laptop? Oh and my mouse is gonna bite me too. He hates getting lube on his skin....LOL

Seriously though...That little black pop up box should stay until it is acknowledged....Just a thought.....

Id

Ditto, the box goes away too fast

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 8:12:24 AM

Also, There has GOT TO BE a better selection of emoticons somewhere on the internet...These are almost amateurish.

Sorry if that offends but man, you should see the cool ones my kids have on the sites they visit.....Just sayin'

Id
jacobport
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 9:48:12 AM

Mazza wrote:

You can already get that... Check your profile settings... I get an email when someone comments on my pics...

I was aware of the email....however, an inbox message would be very nice!

"Sometimes you have to believe in someone else's belief in you before the belief in yourself kicks in" ~Les Brown
nicola
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 4:02:49 PM

Irishdandy wrote:
Also, There has GOT TO BE a better selection of emoticons somewhere on the internet...These are almost amateurish.

Sorry if that offends but man, you should see the cool ones my kids have on the sites they visit.....Just sayin'

Id

They are the standard emoticons used on the majority of sites, and then some.

If you can find a good emoticon pack, we'll take a look and perhaps add a few more to the mix.
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:26:37 PM

Can we please get it so that only females can enter the ladies room - as sometimes there's not enough of us to get any males who come in kicked out.

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Shylass
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:41:51 PM

MoonlightSerenity wrote:
Can we please get it so that only females can enter the ladies room - as sometimes there's not enough of us to get any males who come in kicked out.

Was a thread abiut tbat but i cant find it sorry. Cant remembbrr outcome ofit. Maybe someone else can

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:50:12 PM

I'm liking the filter online messages feature, dunno when it happened but it's great. May I suggest something else though? How about being able to save the online messages? Like output them as a text file or whatnot? I know you can do the old copy/paste thing yourself but me, being a lazy bugger, thinks it'd be a good idea. Or is that just me?
Shylass
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:20:26 PM

May I please have my own mod to edit my forum posts whilst I'm incapacitated, please? Embarassed

scarlet
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:50:08 PM

Gurlyboy wrote:
I'm liking the filter online messages feature, dunno when it happened but it's great. May I suggest something else though? How about being able to save the online messages? Like output them as a text file or whatnot? I know you can do the old copy/paste thing yourself but me, being a lazy bugger, thinks it'd be a good idea. Or is that just me?

I want to kiss the the person that came up with filter I've just seen it and I'm already in Love with it! love7

and I like gurlyboys idea but to be honest i'm tooo in love with the little drop down at the moment.... but sort of scared about how many people I talk to in 2 days Eh?

gav
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:12:31 PM

@racking You know as a gold member, you have priority support (and access to me). You *could* ask for a feature to throttle how many threads you could speak to on a daily basis. Alternatively you could ask me for a feature to throttle your fiends, whichever.

@gurlyboy I think that's possible. So the red/black boxes could be exported to a text file. I know whats coming next, an option for the sender to opt out of their messages from such an export *ducks*

There is also a new filter option for audio stories from the advanced search section if anyone's interested.
LauraLee_sugah
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:52:35 PM

gav i love the new thingy to filter instant message by friend... you ARE a geek god!!!! <3

Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:56:48 PM

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but I know you can add things to your reading queue...I was wondering if there's any way
you can create something like a bookmark feature upon adding it to the reading queue? Sometimes I can't finish the story because something comes up, and it would be lovely to have where I last left off saved for me for the longer stories. :)

Just a thought..
Saga
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 5:51:29 AM

Gav.... I LOVE the filter!!! Brilliant!! Lots of hugs and kisses!!!

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/rye-and-ginger.aspx
scarlet
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:15:01 AM

gav wrote:
@racking You know as a gold member, you have priority support (and access to me). You *could* ask for a feature to throttle how many threads you could speak to on a daily basis. Alternatively you could ask me for a feature to throttle your fiends, whichever.

Priority access to gav.... drunken

But if I restricted the number of people I talked to it blackboxes, I would have to open private chats... and people say naughty things that make me Embarassed ..

Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:10:49 PM

Another black box suggestion, if I may: how about a character counter? I've been caught out by not having enough room a few times. I'm a gabbler.
scarlet
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2012 6:56:57 PM

Well, its about messages again. I love the whole sending messages into folders, I use it a lot but it would be really useful if you could select multiple messages and send them to a folder.

Also with online messages could a "back to top" button be added at bottom like the forums?
adele
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:53:42 PM

Shylass wrote:

Was a thread about that but i cant find it sorry. Cant remember outcome of it. Maybe someone else can

I wrote that request. here's the link to the thread. http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst24672_Can-some-programming-be-added-to-disallow-males-from-entering-the-ladies-room.aspx

Nicola likes the idea, so I assume that means it will get done at some point. Hopefully soon, as it should be a relatively easy one or two lines of code to add it to the ladies and the men's rooms. As for user created rooms, that does require a bit more coding, but still easy and user created rooms do give the owners power to kick. So the option not as essential.

There is no mark of self,
And no mark of others,
No mark of living beings,
And no mark of a life.

-- The Diamond Sutra
gav
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:59:34 AM

Quote:

Nicola likes the idea, so I assume that means it will get done at some point. Hopefully soon, as it should be a relatively easy one or two lines of code to add it to the ladies and the men's rooms. As for user created rooms, that does require a bit more coding, but still easy and user created rooms do give the owners power to kick. So the option not as essential.

@adele you lied to me, it was 3 lines of code hiding
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:32:00 AM

Can we please have it so that people are not allowed to post in the Lifestyle forum looking for a Dom/me or sub as we already have lots of posts like that is most of what we see in it.

adele
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:31:54 PM

adele wrote:

gav wrote:

@adele you lied to me, it was 3 lines of code hiding

Sorry gav, that was the estimate of an analyst, not a programmer. I should have realized that you would need more than one line to write "if field 'your sex' = female, then entry into ladies room = no" Lfunny

But really, thank you from every (real) female on lush!

And no mark of others,
And no mark of a life.

-- The Diamond Sutra
adele
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:35:04 PM

Oh, I forgot, I had actually come out here to post a bug, or actually a change to how friend notifications work. Currently, when you are invisible, not only do friends not see you, but you also don't see friends when they come on. I think this should be changed so that you can still see friends (at least the visible ones) box pops up saying they have logged in. Just because you don't want everyone seeing you (or maybe just some) does not mean you don't want to see who comes on without having to keep jumping to your friends list to check.

And no mark of others,
And no mark of a life.

-- The Diamond Sutra
Shylass
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:32:26 AM

MoonlightSerenity wrote:
Can we please have it so that people are not allowed to post in the Lifestyle forum looking for a Dom/me or sub as we already have lots of posts like that is most of what we see in it.

I see your issue, but I doubt denying certain posts of such a nature will be a plausible option. For a start, what if the title "Looking For A Dom/me" were actually a compilation of quotes from other users on why simply placing an ignorant (in the true sense of the word) ad were denied? Such a thread would need to be stickied or at the very least, have the link to it posted into every new thread.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

I often just copy and paste the quote I put in other repeat threads that include links to similar threads for the original poster so that they may read at their own leisure.

Unless a person is an obvious troll, or the way they posted appears particularly rude, I try to see each poster as if they were one of my friends dipping into a strange new world, and respond accordingly.

I would suggest being pro-active, and coming up with a resource like the BDSM 101 for this issue. I reckon you'd be pretty good at doing it, too. sunny flower

scarlet
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 3:46:36 PM

Yayy!! multiple messages to folders!! I now love my inbox rather than run away from it!!! Thanks Gav!!!
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 4:39:11 PM

Shylass wrote:

I see your issue, but I doubt denying certain posts of such a nature will be a plausible option. For a start, what if the title "Looking For A Dom/me" were actually a compilation of quotes from other users on why simply placing an ignorant (in the true sense of the word) ad were denied? Such a thread would need to be stickied or at the very least, have the link to it posted into every new thread.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

I often just copy and paste the quote I put in other repeat threads that include links to similar threads for the original poster so that they may read at their own leisure.

Unless a person is an obvious troll, or the way they posted appears particularly rude, I try to see each poster as if they were one of my friends dipping into a strange new world, and respond accordingly.

I would suggest being pro-active, and coming up with a resource like the BDSM 101 for this issue. I reckon you'd be pretty good at doing it, too. sunny flower

We try to give them the resources - I don't think many listen. And also I'm saying this because I have seen subs being hurt from such behaviour.

Shylass
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2012 5:15:36 PM

MoonlightSerenity wrote:

We try to give them the resources - I don't think many listen. And also I'm saying this because I have seen subs being hurt from such behaviour.

I think you might be missing the point of what I'm saying. If you compile those resources into one place, all it takes is one directional post. And, as with everything, it is up to the readers to take it on board or ignore it. But for the sanity of the rest of you, a cut-and-paste job may be just the thing to help the situation of being fed up with multiple posts; it will mean you don't have to keep typing things out. After all, it works for the BDSM 101, but this is a more detailed issue than they may be willing to dig out in that thread. book