Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

A question about flag burning. Options · View
CleverFox
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:15:55 AM

I have a question ment mostly for my fellow citizens of the United States.

If you saw a person starting to burn your national flag and that person accidentally started his own clothing on fire and you had a fire extinguisher but could put out the flag and the person would burn to death or save the person and the flag would be completely burned, which would you save?

You can add your reason why you would make your choice but it isn't nessacery.
Dudealicious
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:58:13 AM

CleverFox wrote:
I have a question ment mostly for my fellow citizens of the United States but if you are from a different country please feel free to answer.

If you saw a person starting to burn your national flag and that person accidentally started his own clothing on fire and you had a fire extinguisher but could put out the flag and the person would burn to death or save the person and the flag would be completely burned, which would you save?

Any women that read this please feel free to answer as well.

CF - first of all I do have to say you sound rather closed minded when it comes to your question. Does it make me (or anyone else) less patriotic seeing as we do not live in the USA? Your statement "but if you are from a different country then please feel free to answer" is interesting. It's almost like you are 'allowing' us to post in your beloved thread. Yes this is a global website and other nationalities do have opinions too. Then you carry on to say "any women that read this, please feel free to answer too" (to me) makes it sound a little chauvinistic, but hey it seems like we don't happen to have the same views on life now do we?

As for your question,

As much of a symbol of our freedom and pride that our flag is. I could never allow someone to burn to death. Burning is said to be the most painful way to die, and I could not sit back and allow that to happen. Never mind the screams, the visuals of it all happening plus the sme would haunt me for the rest of my life.

So I would put the person out with the extinguisher, then probably hit them over the head with it when I knew they were ok.

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

Ravyn
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:01:57 AM

How is this a relationship question? Wrong section completely for this post.

LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:05:23 AM

Moved to the appropriate section.
CleverFox
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 12:52:29 PM

Dude, the reason I ask this question more specifically for United States citizens than other countries is because at the OlYmpics the United States is the Only coUntry thAt will not bow its flag to the host countRy. I find this fact intEresting AnD I wonder why we, as the UnIted States don't do this. I see bowing your national flag to host Country as a way of saying thanK you to the hosts.

Now as far aS saying That women can feel free to voice their opinions, I had originally posted this qUestion in the 'Ask Guys' section and I wanted everybody's oPInion. I see now that I posteD it in the wrong section and it has been moved and I thank the person that moved it for doing this.

As far as patriotism goes I have no ClUe as to the patriotism of the people aNsering this quesTion. I ask this question because where I work somebody posted a picture of a person lighting a US flag on fire and accidentally setting his sleeve on fire as he did it. The comment made by the person that posted the picture was that the flag burner deserved to die for what he did.

I couldn't help but think "My God, do most of the people in this country feel this way?" because most of my coworkers agreed.

So Dude what I am looking to find with this question is something that restores my faith in the people of my country.

So I thank you for your answer Dude, it helps restore my faith in humanity. I just hope I get more more answers like it to help restore faith in my fellow citizens.

If you like you can make suggestions on how I can change the question to make it less offensive to anybody and I will give serious consideration to the changes. In fact, I just made the changes you suggested.
littlemissbitch
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:19:21 PM

i dont think its offensive but certainly one of the oddest ive ever read...

i cant imagine if i saw anyone on fire i would not put them out if i had the means...i think it would be an instinctive reaction. and i really think that anyone who claims that they would leave someone to burn is not only bullshitting you but themselves as well.

the one who made that comment on the burning flag picture is a fine candidate for a Darwin Award imo. what a ridiculous notion that someone should die a horrible death for burning a flag. or a Quran or a Bible for that matter

littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
lafayettemister
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 2:19:22 PM

There really is no question here. If the choice is to save the American flag or to save a human being, then the human being wins. Every. Single. Time. A flag is a symbol of a nation. It is symbolic of many things and historic to the country. But if that symbol becomes more important than the life of one of it's citizens then it deserves burning.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
1ball
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 3:51:01 PM

It really depends on how much of an asshole I think the guy is. If he's just burning the flag, then I'll put him out. If he's wearing a shirt that says "Kill All The <insert group I might be a member of here>", I might hesitate. It's not that I value the flag, but I do value my own life.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:26:17 PM

The person would win. The flag by being burnt, is no longer fit to be flown or used etc. and is being destroyed in a manner fitting the us flag code. I highly doubt anyone excluding the most "MURICA FUCK YEAH" types would not put out the person. this seems like a pretty pointless/troll oriented question.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 6:46:04 AM

I would have to extinguish the fire burning on the person, there's no question. Would it be wrong of me, though to hope that his burns cause him enough excruciating pain that they would act as a reminder to him of how karma can really bite you in the ass when you act disrespectful towards others?

VanGogh
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:27:50 AM

a person who is on fire deserves to be extinguished, regardless of the circumstances that led to his clothes catching on fire. I'd call him a dumb ass.

To quote John Lennon ....

Quote:
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

A Milf series combined with Office Sex *fans face* .... The Secretary and The Student
starting with The Secretary and The Student - first part

Enjoy!!

For the Anal Lovers .... come enjoy my RR honoured An Alluring Ass

Another Sex in the Office Poem (I know you love those!!) In Your Office

wildbill51
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:18:06 AM

Simple save the flag this country has enough idiots
ramrod32784
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:48:02 AM

I would save the person The Flag is a symbol a person is a life.Our founding fathers would understand
littlemissbitch
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:09:03 PM

wildbill51 wrote:
Simple save the flag this country has enough idiots

littlemissbitch wrote:
i really think that anyone who claims that they would leave someone to burn is not only bullshitting you but themselves as well.

littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
ArtMan
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 7:06:44 PM

I would save the idiot person.

If they can't burn a flag without catching themselves on fire, I'd at least take their photo and distribute on the web exposing how stupid people who burn flags are.

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:26:20 PM

CleverFox wrote:

If you like you can make suggestions on how I can change the question to make it less offensive to anybody and I will give serious consideration to the changes.

http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

I have a problem with certain assholes who wrap themselves in the American flag and spew verbiage condemning other nations or people, while they do things which are worse than that which they shriek about.

Don't worry about being more or less offensive, Fox...what that flag symbolizes, gives you the right to say what you want and how you want to say it. Just be consistent and don't be a damned hypocrite.

If someone wants to burn a flag, that person is sending a message (just as is the person flying the flag upside down). A person burning a flag (respectfully or disrespectfully) - who am I to tell the difference, unless I know why he or she is burning it? There has been a few times in my life when I felt burning the flag of the United States is the exact appropriate thing to do.

Actually, I'd like to have burned the asshats who were wrapping themselves in it, while spewing their fucked up, racist, homophobic, sexist or warmongering rhetoric.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Dani
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 9:40:35 PM

Save the person. Who's going to worry about a piece of fabric, regardless of what it represents, when someone is writhing with burning pain?

Like seriously, why would you even ask a question like this? I'm not sure what you're getting at. Having pride in your country and watching some idiot burn are two completely different things.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

Jonnymarine
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 12:08:38 AM

To be perfectly honest as a member of the military my first thought was save the flag. Especially if I knew for a fact that it was a disrespectful burning. If it was to dispose of the flag because it was no longer fit for use then I would save the person. You can call bullshit if you want but the gut reaction in cases like this is more accurate than rethinking it. Like I said though it's a matter of the situation.
Juicyme
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 8:50:07 AM

^ Define a disrespectful burning and how you can tell the difference between one that's not. I'm not really seeing the purpose of this thread. Burning a flag is free speech. If someone wants to burn an American flag that was made in China that they bought from the dollar store, so be it. It's more of my duty to save their life than a cheap piece of fabric. Additionally, what is the purpose of this thread? Is it to imply that patriotism is regarding the flag of one's country more important than life itself or is this thread just to annoy everyone by bringing out the trolls?
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:02:42 AM

CleverFox wrote:
I have a question ment mostly for my fellow citizens of the United States.

Sort of along the same lines...

If you were driving, and came upon a motor accident where one car had one of those Chinese made $4.50 plastic US Flags affixed to it, with a bumper sticker that read: Bush/Cheney '04 with a crumpled front end, smoldering - looking as if it was going to catch fire at any moment and at least one occupant inside...

And the other car, was sporting another cheap US flag imprinted bumper sticker, with similar politically stated shouts for attention to vote for Hope & Change in 2008, already on fire...and at least one occupant trapped inside the rolled over vehicle...

Which would you attempt to free/save - first.

Does it matter?

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
blazestcyr
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:12:44 AM

save the flaming idiot

then kick his ass to a third world country where things are TRULY bad....
elitfromnorth
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 2:51:55 PM

This should really be a no brainer. The flag is merely a symbol and although I will never condone flagburning other than for disposing the flag, but even if they're burning the flag it's a way of protesting. It's the ultimate way of saying "Fuck you" to an entire country and it's legal.

Quote:
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

- Voltaire

This is the ultimate democracy and freedom of speech. You may talk shit about my country all you want, but I'm still willing to give my life for your right to say these things, because that's what democracy and freedom of speech is all about. Frankly to me, those more willing to save the flag than the person might as well set fire to the flag themselves, because sacrificing a life to show their ideology is pretty much the opposite of democracy...

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."