Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Who was your favorite Olympian in the 2012 London Games? Options · View
sprite
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:29:25 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 13,729
Location: My Tower, United States
Missy Franklin. She just had a great attitude and seemed to embody the olympic spirit more than just about anyone :)
GamerGirl10
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:37:38 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/10/2012
Posts: 122
Location: Asheville, United States
This story probably got overlooked the most, but for an athlete to succeed so well WHILE running on a broken leg just so his nation could go to the next round is the best ever.

Go Team USA, Go Manteo Mitchell! I may be a bit biased because he did come from my alma mater, but it's still amazing because he completed a race with a fractured fibula, folks. I bet you can't run as fast as him with your legs in working order (I know I can't!!)

http://espn.go.com/blog/olympics/post/_/id/3430/broken-leg-doesnt-stop-manteo-mitchell

That's an old article but still relevant. I enjoyed swimming & gymnastics, but for me Mitchell took the cake as the best athlete. If he had slowed down or just plain given up, Team USA wouldn't have gotten the silver!
Knickerbocker7
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2012 10:39:37 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/20/2011
Posts: 306
Location: United States
sprite wrote:
Missy Franklin. She just had a great attitude and seemed to embody the olympic spirit more than just about anyone :)


That is so true. She is really grounded and focused. Turning down endorsements to remain eligible to participate for her high school team, and to play at the collegiate level. Very smart girl, she understands the money will always be there. I cannot wait to see here in the future.
lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 8:35:07 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,343
Location: Alabama, United States
Misty May Treanor.





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Kiki
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 8:42:48 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/20/2012
Posts: 368
Location: Where they still believe in Magic...
Epke Zonderland ... the Flying Dutchman love7




Nikki703
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 9:04:03 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,336
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Didnt really have a favorite. I was happy for all the US athletes, well I guess all the athletes in general but being an American, or team comes first in my heart. I was especially happy for the US Womens Soccer Team and for the Womens Gymnastic Team. I also felt really bad for Lolo Jones too but Icould have done without some of her interviews afterward.

On a negative side, I could have done without the US Mens Basketball Team. Nothing really against them but isnt it time we go back to true amateurs. I understand why it was originally done when we had the Michael Jordan lead dream team to prove a point that if the USA uses pros like Russia and the other countries did, it would be no contest. But now lets go back to letting the college players play regardless of what the rest of the world does!!

Besides, when the US fields a team of professionals, if they win it will be SO WHAT!, they are supposed to win but if they lose it will be a National embarrassment!!
Callisto
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 9:28:03 AM

Rank: Moderator

Joined: 8/23/2010
Posts: 2,730
Location: Forever Damaged , United States
lafayettemister wrote:
Misty May Treanor.


She was my favorite as well.
clum
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 9:31:32 AM

Rank: Clumeleon

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 3,749
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Wojdan Ali Seraj Abdulrahim Shahrkhani

One of two women who represented Saudi Arabia at the Olympics for the first time. Only been practicing judo for two years and is only a blue belt. Got absolutely slaughtered in the first round of the competition.

Amazing.

The lion is most lionlike when he roars.
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 9:44:43 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,577
Location: California
Alex Morgan



Oribe Peralta





T101
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 10:03:48 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/7/2011
Posts: 285
Location: Norrath
None. Didn't watch it
naughtyannie
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 12:05:42 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2011
Posts: 1,340
Location: London, United Kingdom
For being just amazing - Mo Farah!

But I'd like to get Jessica Ennis into bed ;)

Click on the link below to visit my profile page, for award-winning filthy stories and arousing pics. Go on, it's just one click.

You know you want to...

http://www.lushstories.com/naughtyannie

You don't know what you're missing 'til you try it
Coco
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 1:31:06 PM

Rank: Story Lover

Joined: 7/22/2011
Posts: 4,129
Location: Fantasy City, United States
Nikki703 wrote:
Didnt really have a favorite. I was happy for all the US athletes, well I guess all the athletes in general but being an American, or team comes first in my heart. I was especially happy for the US Womens Soccer Team and for the Womens Gymnastic Team. I also felt really bad for Lolo Jones too but Icould have done without some of her interviews afterward.

On a negative side, I could have done without the US Mens Basketball Team. Nothing really against them but isnt it time we go back to true amateurs. I understand why it was originally done when we had the Michael Jordan lead dream team to prove a point that if the USA uses pros like Russia and the other countries did, it would be no contest. But now lets go back to letting the college players play regardless of what the rest of the world does!!

Besides, when the US fields a team of professionals, if they win it will be SO WHAT!, they are supposed to win but if they lose it will be a National embarrassment!!



When all the countries remove their professionals then I would agree with you, but for now, every country represented in the Olympics had at least two professionals on their team, some even had a roster full of them. I'm a firm supporter of allowing the professionals to remain if other countries do...


danni69
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 2:50:53 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/8/2011
Posts: 202
Location: orlando, United States
ALL OF THE U.S.A. ATHLETES WE ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD GO U.S.A. LOVE MY COUNTRY GOD BLESS AMERICA
flashytone
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 2:54:41 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/15/2011
Posts: 835
Location: In a great place ;-), Netherlands
Usain bolt! Mo Farrah! Michael Phelps!....
jph300
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 3:04:06 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 8/31/2011
Posts: 11
Location: Gauteng, South Africa
For me it had to be Chad Le Clos... to swim against your childhood hero and one of the greatest swimmers the world has ever seen in Michael Phelps and then beat him..... what an achievement
T_Elle
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 3:27:14 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/17/2012
Posts: 137
Location: Canada
I think it would have to be Sarah Attar - Saudi Arabia's first female track and field athelete, covered from head to toe, and came dead last in the 800m. 19 years old, and not just up against other countries in the world, but standing strong in the face of her own country, as well. Got a standing ovation, coming last in her foot race... but first, in so many other ways. Just amazing...
latinlover
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 4:06:43 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/2/2011
Posts: 180
Location: Santo Domingo
Feliz Sanchez-- Gold medalist on the 400m hurdles final.
And also Luguelin Santos who won silver on the 400m final.
All of them from the Dominican Republic!"
Nikki703
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 4:28:34 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,336
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
cocokisses wrote:



When all the countries remove their professionals then I would agree with you, but for now, every country represented in the Olympics had at least two professionals on their team, some even had a roster full of them. I'm a firm supporter of allowing the professionals to remain if other countries do...


I understand your point and wish the other countries would do it too. But 2 wrongs dont make a right. I rather us lead by example even if it means losing. Besides, I think a team of the best college basketball players would do very well. Especially if the NCAA and the NBA changes the rules and does not allow players to go pro until they play 2 years minimum. But I know that will never happen.
She
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:59:14 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 3/24/2010
Posts: 2,052
Location: Europe
danni69 wrote:
ALL OF THE U.S.A. ATHLETES WE ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD GO U.S.A. LOVE MY COUNTRY GOD BLESS AMERICA


I'm soooo happy for you



Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.